• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my last challenge I realized my legalism about sticking to barbell workouts was holding me back. With my current work schedule the way it is I don't feel like I have time to lift (I could make the

I was walking down the aisle at a Costco and some little boy said "Look daddy, a real cowboy"  

Welcome! I always get Hufflepuff, but that's common for people in the helping professions. Thanks. Rutabagas are basically bigger, yellow turnips. I think Brits call them swedes.    Y

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Don't add garlic like you're expecting to fight the cast of Twilight. Add garlic like you're expecting to fight the cast of The Lost Boys.

Single best thing I've read on the internet this week.  Thank you for that Tank!

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:
5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

P.S. Are congratulations in order for your promotion?

Yes, I am now the admin running the forums. Thanks.

Oh hey, grats!  

I can do beans in chili.   I can also do no beans in chili.   My pumpkin chili, (Lies, it's @hammlin recipe I found years ago) is my all time favorite chili and beanless.   I've been looking for good beanless recipes now that I am ... *coughreallyintocookingcough*.

Here and following.

Also...

Bodyweight stuff is the gateway to the Assassin's guild.  Trust me on this ... that's how I ended up there.   Up until the point you dragged me back home.   I will do the same!  Mark my words, ranger.  I will do the same if necessary!

• Like 3
4 hours ago, shaar said:

cJlBUVL.gif?noredirect

Pretty much :D 

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Single best thing I've read on the internet this week.  Thank you for that Tank!

Oh hey, grats!  

I can do beans in chili.   I can also do no beans in chili.   My pumpkin chili, (Lies, it's @hammlin recipe I found years ago) is my all time favorite chili and beanless.   I've been looking for good beanless recipes now that I am ... *coughreallyintocookingcough*.

Here and following.

Also...

Bodyweight stuff is the gateway to the Assassin's guild.  Trust me on this ... that's how I ended up there.   Up until the point you dragged me back home.   I will do the same!  Mark my words, ranger.  I will do the same if necessary!

What makes you think I'd head that direction? I may be over the whole forums now, but I'm still a Ranger. I'm also doing Yoga and walking, which qualifies as more than one of THE THINGS! of which Rangers do all.

2 hours ago, RES said:

Only 2 pages? What wizardry is this? Here for amazing food and more amazing workouts (and to steal borrow some tips on both)

Welcome! It's only day two of zero week ;) 

Today is a good day. I did NF Yoga water A with Sra. Tanque who has the week off from teaching. I made lunch for us. I started with cooking chopped boneless skinless chicken thighs in avocado oil with salt, pepper and white wine vinegar. When that was done I set it aside and cooked a finely chopped onion, some minced garlic, and a chopped zucchini in the liquid that cooked off the chicken. I had to add some oil and white wine vinegar, and chose to add some salt and pepper. I let that cook till the onions were really brown. While that was going on I cooked some orzo according to the package. When the orzo was done I drained it and added a jar of basil Alfredo sauce to the chicken and veggies, then added the orzo into that. It was incredible. What's more incredible is that when getting ready to do Yoga I didn't have the mental block I've had for some time about working out. Getting my head around other ways to fitness than just a barbell (which is still really awesome) is going to help with consistency.

• Like 7
23 hours ago, RES said:

True, which means I'm getting better at being on time to these things! LOL

Well done!

Today is a good day. It was a little cold (for us, the heater had to come on anyway) so we had a fire this morning, which is always nice, and a treat in South Texas. While it was burning I did the NF BBWW again, a few more reps on everything. I hated lunges .01% less than I did on Monday. I didn't get to max reps on anything but plank again (went over), but I pushed and got a good cardio vascular benefit as well as the normal strength gains. I also had a good intuitive eating day yesterday and dumped a lot of the flash pounds I gained over the weekend, so that makes me feel better.

Lunch was good.

I made rice by stir frying some in sesame oil with soy sauce, rice vinegar, fresh minced ginger, minced garlic, and green onions. I then added chicken broth and let it cook according to the instructions on the package.

I then browned a pound of pork sausage:

h-e-b-premium-fresh-pork-regular-sausage

with more fresh minced ginger, minced garlic, green onions and a sliced bell pepper. I added this mix:

h-e-b-select-ingredients-stir-fry-medley

that I steamed in the bag in the microwave and dumped in the skillet. I then added rice vinegar and soy sauce. I served them together and we added Hoisin sauce:

b701ca95-0e71-4e82-9e3e-5a6807438ba8_1.7855ed2aea67c46ba1134f1b7b05a0a4.jpeg

at the table.

• Like 12
8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

That looks kind of like a sauce we have but I can't tell because I only know the Chinese names.  What does that sauce do?

I thought it was primarily a Vietmanese sauce (I first became aware of it in Vietnamese restaurants) but Google and Wikipedia claim it's a Cantonese word and is primarily used in Chinese cuisine. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoisin_sauce

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I thought it was primarily a Vietmanese sauce (I first became aware of it in Vietnamese restaurants) but Google and Wikipedia claim it's a Cantonese word and is primarily used in Chinese cuisine. 

Ah, thanks. When I saw the Chinese name I knew what it was. We have some in the fridge and I think I even used it once in some Thai fried rice.

• Like 1

Oh wow, I use hoisin a lot and I DID NOT KNOW THAT.  I did a learn here just now!!!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ah, thanks. When I saw the Chinese name I knew what it was. We have some in the fridge and I think I even used it once in some Thai fried rice.

It's really good.

3 hours ago, shaar said:

Oh wow, I use hoisin a lot and I DID NOT KNOW THAT.  I did a learn here just now!!!

knowing-is-half-the-battle-gif-5.gif

Today is a good day. I'm working at the hospital, but that's ok, as I'll get Christmas off. There is going to be a TON of food in breakrooms, so I'll be well fed. I did get yoga done today, NF water A.

• Like 9
On 11/22/2018 at 1:14 PM, Cheetah said:

Good job on the yoga!

Thanks, it felt good.

On 11/22/2018 at 3:19 PM, Yasha92 said:

Enjoy your food of gratitude!

I’m sure those stuck in the hospital are grateful to have you about the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoyed the heck out of it. It was a good holiday.

Today is a good day. I had Thanksgiving leftovers, as is tradition. I did the kettlebell workout at the substation, and it went really well.

• Like 9

The weekend went well. We went to my parent's house for lunch, and came home and had more leftovers for dinner. Another good note is that despite doing more reps than last week on the KB workout, I had no DOMS this time. 

Week 0 Summary: RANGERED!

I did two body weight workouts, one KB workout, and two yoga sessions. Sra. Tanque was home all week, so I opted to do the Yoga rather than start on the walks since I wouldn't take as long with the Yoga sessions.

For week 1 I plan to do one walk at least, I might do two to balance out the Yoga I did. I still plan to do two body weight workouts. My Friday is slightly different; I will do Police stuff in the morning rather than in the afternoon, so I have to figure out when I'm going to do the Kettlebell workout.

• Like 12
On 11/25/2018 at 12:53 PM, EmCee said:

Love this! I totally understand that feeling - that it's powerlifting or NOTHING. Been there! Excited to see you allow yourself to branch out and feel like you're ALLOWED to do something else! It makes getting to the gym feel like less of a chore! 

It really does. It's nice to try new things.

14 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Following for kettlebells, and for the Texan permission to add beans to my chili! It makes me feel better about myself as a person. 

It's fiercely debated in Texas, and I know for a fact the no beans people are right that chili did not originally have beans. I don't like the "bowl of red" style of authentic original chili, so I put beans in. I also don't get too upset with the no beans people because I get irritated when people put corn in chili. As with most things, it's wise to follow the doctrine of et populus frui rebus.

Today is a good day. I did three sets of the NF BBWW in 13 minutes, I got a few more reps here and there than the last time, and I got my heart revved up really well. Still not maxing out everything, but that will come with time. Lunch was beef curry. I made rice with turmeric, garlic, salt, pepper and butter. In a larger pot I cooked 1 lb. ground beef, 1 chopped onion, some minced ginger, some minced garlic, salt, pepper, avocado oil and red wine vinegar. I was running out of time so I cooked it all together with some curry powder. When it was ready I added coconut milk and more curry powder, then tweaked seasonings here and there to get it right. I added more curry powder, some turmeric, a dash of paprika, and then some more salt. It was really good.

• Like 12

unch was beef curry. I made rice with turmeric, garlic, salt, pepper and butter. In a larger pot I cooked 1 lb. ground beef, 1 chopped onion, some minced ginger, some minced garlic, salt, pepper, avocado oil and red wine vinegar. I was running out of time so I cooked it all together with some curry powder. When it was ready I added coconut milk and more curry powder, then tweaked seasonings here and there to get it right. I added more curry powder, some turmeric, a dash of paprika, and then some more salt. It was really good.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1