• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Google translate trying to turn "Let People Enjoy Things" into Latin. 

 

Ah, the doctrine of vivere et reservate.

 

(Tank, is "jiggling someone's battle log" a euphemism? I can never tell with Rangers.)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

 

Today is a good day. I did three sets of the NF BBWW in 13 minutes, I got a few more reps here and there than the last time, and I got my heart revved up really well. Still not maxing out everything, but that will come with time. Lunch was beef curry. I made rice with turmeric, garlic, salt, pepper and butter. In a larger pot I cooked 1 lb. ground beef, 1 chopped onion, some minced ginger, some minced garlic, salt, pepper, avocado oil and red wine vinegar. I was running out of time so I cooked it all together with some curry powder. When it was ready I added coconut milk and more curry powder, then tweaked seasonings here and there to get it right. I added more curry powder, some turmeric, a dash of paprika, and then some more salt. It was really good.

Because I'm wise to you, I came prepared and read this mere moments before leaving to eat lunch :D 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=4327382

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Because I'm wise to you, I came prepared and read this mere moments before leaving to eat lunch :D 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=4327382

Look, a drifter, Let's Kill Him!

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Sounds like things are going well.   

Well, except for the google translations.

 

ha-ha1.gif

You win some, you lose some.

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Watching over your thread...

Glad to have you.

2 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Image result for deadpool colossus

 

Wolf

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4EZBuACupMeqrHbRhlop

 

Today is a good day. I did Laundry, NF Yoga Water A and made lunch. I got some Vietnamese Rice noodles so authentic the cooking instructions were full of typos, telling me to turn down the flam under the pot of boiling water and to put the "srick" of rice in the boiling water. I didn't care for them, however, they were a bit mushy. On top of them I put some beef I had cooked with green onions, salt, pepper, garlic powder, ginger powder, rice vinegar, a bag of stir fry veggies, and a bag of "Beef and broccoli sauce" by the same people who made last week's hoisin sauce. It was good, but I didn't care for the rice noodles. On different noodles or rice it would have been better. I think those noodles are probably better suited for pho.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

turn down the flam 

 

TURN DOWN THE FLAM

 

giphy.gif

 

Silly translations are the best, engrish.com has a wealth of fun (and is also a really old website and I am dating myself here huh, yikes)

 

fragrant-long-grass-lobster.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaar said:

 

TURN DOWN THE FLAM

 

giphy.gif

 

Silly translations are the best, engrish.com has a wealth of fun (and is also a really old website and I am dating myself here huh, yikes)

 

fragrant-long-grass-lobster.jpg

I thought of you when I saw the typos.

1 hour ago, Big_Show said:

Nice challenge goals mate!

Thanks. Also,

DAMMIT BIG SHOW!

41 minutes ago, DaemonCorax said:

Just caught up. Following. Scoping for bodyweight workout ideas in my quest to get myself motivated to spend more time in the basement.

Welcome! My best idea to offer about bodyweight workouts is to do one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaar said:

 

TURN DOWN THE FLAM

 

giphy.gif

 

Silly translations are the best, engrish.com has a wealth of fun (and is also a really old website and I am dating myself here huh, yikes)

 

fragrant-long-grass-lobster.jpg

 

Don’t forget the ever popular flied lice.  That is so funny, gonna have to go there......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Welcome! My best idea to offer about bodyweight workouts is to do one. 

 

Yeah. I just don't organize. Lol. In some sense rock climbing is all bodyweight. My basement efforts are pull-ups (or some approximation thereof), ring planks, ring push-ups, regular push-ups, and yoga-ish things. Right now my super disorganized method is to make sure I do some upper body pushing exercises and some pulling exercises. And stop if I get dizzy. I could do better.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DaemonCorax said:

 

Yeah. I just don't organize. Lol. In some sense rock climbing is all bodyweight. My basement efforts are pull-ups (or some approximation thereof), ring planks, ring push-ups, regular push-ups, and yoga-ish things. Right now my super disorganized method is to make sure I do some upper body pushing exercises and some pulling exercises. And stop if I get dizzy. I could do better.

Try this:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing you got that flam under control.

 

Mmm, pho.  Do want.

 

Rice noodles are a tricky beast. How did it tell you to cook them? Typically you're supposed to bring the water to a boil sans noodles, then add the noodles and remove the water from the heat while the noodles kinda bathe in the water 'ti' they're soft and then strain them after only a few minutes.  Otherwise they go totally mushy or all stick together, sadly.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Raxie said:

Good thing you got that flam under control.

 

Mmm, pho.  Do want.

 

Rice noodles are a tricky beast. How did it tell you to cook them? Typically you're supposed to bring the water to a boil sans noodles, then add the noodles and remove the water from the heat while the noodles kinda bathe in the water 'ti' they're soft and then strain them after only a few minutes.  Otherwise they go totally mushy or all stick together, sadly.

It said to bring the water to a boil, and put the rice srick in the water and let it boil for nine minutes, then turn off the flam and let the srick sit in the water for 3 minutes, then drain and rinse the noodles under cold water.

9 hours ago, Shello said:

Here! and not pretending I can actually keep up.  Happy challenging. 

No worries, though this is no longer the fastest moving thread in the Ranger Corps anymore, I think JonFirestar has that title now.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



It said to bring the water to a boil, and put the rice srick in the water and let it boil for nine minutes, then turn off the flam and let the srick sit in the water for 3 minutes, then drain and rinse the noodles under cold water.


Hahaha those typos though. But yeah it sounds like that's a lottttt of cooking time, from what I've seen and done successfully you either put them in boiling water taken off heat or you pour the boiling water over them

https://www.thekitchn.com/cooking-basics-how-to-cook-rice-noodles-129104

::shrug::
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It said to bring the water to a boil, and put the rice srick in the water and let it boil for nine minutes, then turn off the flam and let the srick sit in the water for 3 minutes, then drain and rinse the noodles under cold water. 

 

Pretty sure "nine" is a misspelling of, like "two", and that "and" is a misspelling of "and/or". Don't boil your rice srick for nine minutes, as soon as they look soft get 'em out of there. Or you can just boil the water, turn it off, and soak the noodles for a less risky rehydration. (Unlike wheat noodles, there's no way to undercook a rice noodle. They're already cooked in the process of making them, not raw flour like wheat ones, so you're just rehydrating. Nine minutes is a wheat noodle time, and fairly generous even for wheat noodles.)

 

Actually, maybe they reversed the times. Boil for three minutes, or soak for nine. That feels about right.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It said to bring the water to a boil, and put the rice srick in the water and let it boil for nine minutes, then turn off the flam and let the srick sit in the water for 3 minutes, then drain and rinse the noodles under cold water.

 

Oh lordy you kept the typos and I'm laughing now DON'T FORGET TO TURN OFF THE FLAM Ahahahahkda  BLESS

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shello said:

Here! and not pretending I can actually keep up.  Happy challenging. 

None of us can...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Raxie said:


 

 


Hahaha those typos though. But yeah it sounds like that's a lottttt of cooking time, from what I've seen and done successfully you either put them in boiling water taken off heat or you pour the boiling water over them

https://www.thekitchn.com/cooking-basics-how-to-cook-rice-noodles-129104

::shrug::

 

Thanks for this, it has redeemed the rice noodle in my kitchen (I know I like them b/c restaurants)

3 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

 

Pretty sure "nine" is a misspelling of, like "two", and that "and" is a misspelling of "and/or". Don't boil your rice srick for nine minutes, as soon as they look soft get 'em out of there. Or you can just boil the water, turn it off, and soak the noodles for a less risky rehydration. (Unlike wheat noodles, there's no way to undercook a rice noodle. They're already cooked in the process of making them, not raw flour like wheat ones, so you're just rehydrating. Nine minutes is a wheat noodle time, and fairly generous even for wheat noodles.)

 

Actually, maybe they reversed the times. Boil for three minutes, or soak for nine. That feels about right.

I am learning so much about rice noodles.

2 hours ago, shaar said:

 

Oh lordy you kept the typos and I'm laughing now DON'T FORGET TO TURN OFF THE FLAM Ahahahahkda  BLESS

I knew you would like that. I did find it difficult to locate the flam on my electric stove.

1 hour ago, RES said:

None of us can...

You need to work on what @DarK_RaideR calls ThreadCon (Thredabolic Conditioning). I suspect that was from his Crossfit days.

 

Today is a good day. I elected not to work out. I woke up groggier than normal, and what I thought was laziness may have in fact been my subconscious saying, "Dude, you didn't sleep well, today's a rest day." I also realized that by viewing this as an isolated incident, rather than in relation to the week or the challenge, it freed me from angst about failure and/or making up lost time.  Neither of those things will help me tomorrow.

 

I did cook. I made couscous with 1 cup chicken broth, 1 tbsp butter, some glugs of white wine vinegar, some parsley, some oregano, some garlic, some salt and some pepper brought to a boil. I then inserted 1 cup couscous and stirred, put the lid on it and extinguished the flam (turned off the burner and moved the pot). In a skillet I warmed some pre-cooked sausage (1 standard sized link) and shrimp (1 lb) with avocado oil and a little rice vinegar. I set that aside and drained the skillet, then cooked some sliced onion, 1 each red, yellow and orange bell peppers sliced, some garlic, some rice vinegar, salt, pepper, and lemon pepper. I put the protein back in and let it warm back up. I served the couscous, put a dollop of "Greek" yogurt on it, then served the shrimp, sausage, onion and pepper mix over that. It was really good and satisfying.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

ThreadCon (Thredabolic Conditioning). I suspect that was from his Crossfit days.

Bwuahaha I for realz lol'd on this one.

 

And I think I might dabble with that couscous shrimp sausage thing.   I am ... dare I say, starting to ... bend rules with recipes these days!   I am still excited for my 3rd round of left overs on Thursday, of the chicken verde chili with beans and ... RICE! Not quinoa.   Because, seriously.  F dat grain!  It must not lift, because it didn't even bulk yo.

 

Also, I did the same thing today.   Body felt weak and fatigued, so I opted out of the run this afternoon.  If I feel better after dinner, I'll get my groove on.  But if not, then it was a rest day!    Yay for us growing in this aspect!  /highfrive

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.