• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Bwuahaha I for realz lol'd on this one.

And I think I might dabble with that couscous shrimp sausage thing.   I am ... dare I say, starting to ... bend rules with recipes these days!   I am still excited for my 3rd round of left overs on Thursday, of the chicken verde chili with beans and ... RICE! Not quinoa.   Because, seriously.  F dat grain!  It must not lift, because it didn't even bulk yo.

Also, I did the same thing today.   Body felt weak and fatigued, so I opted out of the run this afternoon.  If I feel better after dinner, I'll get my groove on.  But if not, then it was a rest day!    Yay for us growing in this aspect!  /highfrive

Couscous is really easy to make and to adapt. Good job on listening to your body.

47 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Was the shrimp pre-cooked?

Yes it was pre-cooked and frozen. I dumped it in frozen to the skillet. It took as long to thaw and heat up as raw shrimp would have taken to cook.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

pre-cooked and frozen

I've wanted to try that product, but I'm concerned that I'll overcook it.  I guess that's always a danger with shrimp.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I've wanted to try that product, but I'm concerned that I'll overcook it.  I guess that's always a danger with shrimp.

Remember if it's precooked you're just warming it up. It's safe to eat as is. Whether it's already thawed or you thaw it with the skillet, you can grab one at any time to taste it and see if it's ready. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Remember if it's precooked you're just warming it up. It's safe to eat as is. Whether it's already thawed or you thaw it with the skillet, you can grab one at any time to taste it and see if it's ready. 

That makes total sense.  Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Three ingredient lazy person shortcut that's in the same vein:

1. Cook rice

2. Skillet up some shrimp (raw or otherwise) with some Old Bay. Add sliced smoked andouille as you see fit.

3. Deposit skilleted shrimp on rice.

For extra yummyi-ness add cocunut milk to the rice while it's 3/4 cooked.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DaemonCorax said:

1. Cook rice

2. Skillet up some shrimp (raw or otherwise) with some Old Bay. Add sliced smoked andouille as you see fit.

That tears it.  I'm going to creole something tomorrow.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

That makes total sense.  Thanks for the tip!

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, DaemonCorax said:

1. Cook rice

Truth.

52 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

That tears it.  I'm going to creole something tomorrow.

Have fun.

• Like 2

Mr. Tank I simply do not know how I have been getting along without your food wisdoms, recipes, and oh lord the descriptions! You are a true kitchen inspiration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

Mmmmm yes so much this

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rowan said:

Mr. Tank I simply do not know how I have been getting along without your food wisdoms, recipes, and oh lord the descriptions! You are a true kitchen inspiration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want you to know you have successfully encouraged the encourager. Also, here are some things you may have missed:

Here is a more complex version of what I described above: https://imgur.com/gallery/7ib1EAt

My single episode cooking show: Guest stars include Sra. Tanque, @Wolfpool, and  @PrincessMononoke who is Mrs. Wolfpool and whose youtube channel this is on. I was clean shaven in this video. Don't worry, the beard is back. The astute observer who also remembers that far back will notice the crosspoint (cross stitch?) dragon on the side of the refrigerator made for me as a gift by @darkfoxx as can be seen in the thumbnail.

5 hours ago, Raxie said:

Mmmmm yes so much this

Coconut milk is awesome. The only thing wrong with it is I did not discover it till my 30s.

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

"I'm going to Creole something tomorrow."   ™

I'm using that from here on.

Do you remember Justin Wilson's Cooking show?

He does more Cajun than Creole, but it comes to mind.

Today is a good day. No cooking today, but I did get a haircut and do the KB workout today. With the haircut and the workout at the substation I didn't get home in time to cook, so I didn't worry about it. I ate intuitively for lunch, it was a little earlier than normal but I ate just enough to get the right kind of full.

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Do you remember Justin Wilson's Cooking show?

I do.  I always think of him when I cajun or creole things.  :-)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Oh gosh I remember him.  He's the 'Guar-own-tee it' guy, right?

Oh, yes.  That's the one.  The food was only half of the show.  :-)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I do.  I always think of him when I cajun or creole things.  :-)

I loved his shows on PBS on Saturday Afternoons.

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Oh gosh I remember him.  He's the 'Guar-own-tee it' guy, right?

Yes he is. Apparently that accent was something he affected for the camera.

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Oh, yes.  That's the one.  The food was only half of the show.  :-)

For sure, he'd crack jokes (usually bad ones) the whole time.

2 hours ago, farflight said:

Late to the game but following...because FREEDOM...and food!

Welcome!

Today is a good day. Our Police Department had a Cadet Graduation today, and then a Promotion Ceremony (two different locations) so I did the invocation and benediction at both (Short opening and closing prayers, because I'm the chaplain on call this week). I got a burger and did one of the roll calls at my substation. I am going to get groceries this afternoon and may or may not get a walk in later.

• Like 8

Today is a good day. We finished up our intuitive eating small group. Some of us went to an Indian buffet for lunch afterward. Sra. Tanque and I went out after and got Christmas ornaments for this year, while we were at the store I found a Hufflepuff pin, which we also got. Dinner was power slaw, with a homemade dressing of apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey and mustard. We also had roasted Parsnips and butternut squash. 30 minutes at 400 degrees with avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and white wine vinegar. For protein we had chopped chicken thighs, cooked in a skillet with apple cider vinegar, avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. It all went together really well. 

• Like 8

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Hufflepuff

Huh, you're a Hufflepuff? So far we've matched on every personality-related test we've taken, but I'm a Ravenclaw.  :P  And no, I still haven't read the books or seen the films (#homeschooled) so I know very little of what that means besides Snooty Knowledge Wizards.

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Dinner was power slaw, with a homemade dressing of apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey and mustard. We also had roasted Parsnips and butternut squash. 30 minutes at 400 degrees with avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and white wine vinegar. For protein we had chopped chicken thighs, cooked in a skillet with apple cider vinegar, avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. It all went together really well. 

Noticing a lot of vinegar in all this food. Does it all taste vinegar-y? It sounds like it all goes together beautifully, as I would expect.  ;) 

I'm four entire pages late but following, of course!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Those chopped chicken thighs sound like some seriously good eatin'.

They really are.

23 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

Huh, you're a Hufflepuff? So far we've matched on every personality-related test we've taken, but I'm a Ravenclaw.  :P  And no, I still haven't read the books or seen the films (#homeschooled) so I know very little of what that means besides Snooty Knowledge Wizards.

Noticing a lot of vinegar in all this food. Does it all taste vinegar-y? It sounds like it all goes together beautifully, as I would expect.  ;) 

I'm four entire pages late but following, of course!!

Actually, I'm an INFP, and you're an INFJ (You actually match closer with Sra. Tanque than me on a lot of things, and she's a Gryffindor). It does not taste vinegar-y. I suspect you're thinking of the smell of white vinegar. The flavored vinegars I use enhance flavor, but I don't use enough for them to overwhelm. The only one you have to watch out for is balsamic vinegar, that one is awesome, and can be powerful.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Actually, I'm an INFP, and you're an INFJ

I'm commonly typed as a J because I've had to pick up a lot of J qualities over my years of college, but when left to my own devices I'm a P.  :)  

Is there a Hogwarts house for Divergents who don't fit in just one??  #mixingmetaphors 

24 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

balsamic vinegar,

I have had my sinuses blown out by this and greatly enjoyed it.  :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Balsamic is powerful and can blow out sinuses? I must be thinking of the wrong one because I've never been blown away. I was thinking of the balsamic vinegarette that my restaurant uses (I don't know the difference between vinegar and vinegarette). Its a brown liquid sprinkled with what i believe is black peppercorn. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

I'm commonly typed as a J because I've had to pick up a lot of J qualities over my years of college, but when left to my own devices I'm a P.  :)  

Is there a Hogwarts house for Divergents who don't fit in just one??  #mixingmetaphors 

I have had my sinuses blown out by this and greatly enjoyed it.  :D 

No, when there are more than one possibility for a house then the sorting hat takes a student's preferences into account. Some people really stump the hat and make it take a while, they are known as hatstalls.

44 minutes ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Balsamic is powerful and can blow out sinuses? I must be thinking of the wrong one because I've never been blown away. I was thinking of the balsamic vinegarette that my restaurant uses (I don't know the difference between vinegar and vinegarette). Its a brown liquid sprinkled with what i believe is black peppercorn. 

I know horseradish can clear out sinuses, I can see where strong balsamic could potentially affect them. A vinaigrette is a mixture of oil and flavored vinegar, often used as a salad dressing. Your restaurant probably mixes balsamic vinegar with olive oil, peppers, and a few other things.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

hatstalls

I DON'T THINK I HAVE EVER FOUND A WORD THAT RESONATED MORE WITH ME AND MY 11-YEAR JOURNEY TO DISCOVERING WHAT THE HECK I WANTED TO DO AND BE

6 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

It's not as strong as horseradish - I was kind of exaggerating.  :D  It's super flavorful and very vinegar-y and always makes me pucker up a bit. But it doesn't really blow me out. I was being dramatic.  :P 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1