A bit of a re-start

Hi folks. Been following NerdFitness on and off for many years. Dabbled in the Academy, have read all the articles, haven't been active in the forums but I'm a big fan of the way everything runs around here.

I pulled up Steve's old "exercising around the world" video for a bit of inspiration this morning and instead found myself crying over my morning spinach-and-eggs because I've fallen so far away from the things I most deeply want. Namely, leading an active lifestyle and seeing the world! (Yeah, that video was a real kick in the pants). I was on track to do both 6 or 7 years ago but instead I went to grad school and picked up a PhD and an SO. Which is awesome, and I am thrilled about! But my other deep desires took a back seat these past few years. My partner is theoretically down with both health and travel, but we are both postdocs and life has gotten in the way. I'm in such a rut - go to work, come home, let myself be talked into too many indulgent meals out and too many nights spent playing video games or working on paper edits. My weight has crept back up and I can't remember the last time I traveled somewhere new. 

So this is me, rededicating myself to figuring out how to re-prioritize my time so I can level up. Take some points away from Int and put them into Str, as it were.  :)  More cooking meat and veggies, more gym days, more hikes. We live an hour from the Smokies, for crying out loud! We should be outside every weekend!

Anywho y'all seem like good people and I expect to spend a lot of time around here in the near-future. See you around the forums!

• Like 3
On 11/16/2018 at 8:33 AM, RedPanda said:

Hi folks. Been following NerdFitness on and off for many years. Dabbled in the Academy, have read all the articles, haven't been active in the forums but I'm a big fan of the way everything runs around here.

I pulled up Steve's old "exercising around the world" video for a bit of inspiration this morning and instead found myself crying over my morning spinach-and-eggs because I've fallen so far away from the things I most deeply want. Namely, leading an active lifestyle and seeing the world! (Yeah, that video was a real kick in the pants). I was on track to do both 6 or 7 years ago but instead I went to grad school and picked up a PhD and an SO. Which is awesome, and I am thrilled about! But my other deep desires took a back seat these past few years. My partner is theoretically down with both health and travel, but we are both postdocs and life has gotten in the way. I'm in such a rut - go to work, come home, let myself be talked into too many indulgent meals out and too many nights spent playing video games or working on paper edits. My weight has crept back up and I can't remember the last time I traveled somewhere new. 

So this is me, rededicating myself to figuring out how to re-prioritize my time so I can level up. Take some points away from Int and put them into Str, as it were.  :)  More cooking meat and veggies, more gym days, more hikes. We live an hour from the Smokies, for crying out loud! We should be outside every weekend!

Anywho y'all seem like good people and I expect to spend a lot of time around here in the near-future. See you around the forums!

I'm right there with you! We can get it done! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!