• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Night Watch Gonna Ranger: The Build the Wall Ranger Mini-Challenge

7 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Quick form question, and something that's been bugging me for a while: are there any tips or tricks to keep your heels on the ground during a squat?

For me, I had to do a lot of work on stretching my calves and working on ankle mobility to do a deep squat without my heels coming up. For now, when you squat go as deep as you can with your heels on the ground, and work on increasing your depth. Stretches like the ones below should help, and if you point the toe on the leg you're stretching different ways (in/straight/out) you can find out if a specific part of your calf is tight. Foam rolling or rolling with a lacrosse ball or tennis ball can also help break up tightness or knots in the muscles

straight-legps-1522243461.jpg

Calf-Stretch-Step-WEB.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Week 2: Well done Rangers. You've reached the Ice Fields. Others have already cut the ice into blocks, it's your job to load them. Your task for week 2 is bodyweight squats. From 12:01 am Monday morning December 3rd your time, till 12:59 PM Sunday December 9th your time, record all bodyweight squats in the Week 2 Task tab of the spreadsheet.

Oooh, I'm allowed to do squats! Heck yeah. Let's load some ice!

• Like 2

I added my week 1 miles in a little late, but I promise they're from week 1 only!

I don't do a lot of bodyweight squats normally, but I'll try to add some in to my daily physio routine

• Like 2

I did 40, which apparently allowed me to mark a few quests as completed and bumped me to Level 14. :P

Level14.png

But then I noticed there are also quests for doing 50 consecutive ones, and for doing 50 consecutive ones in under 2 minutes.

I'll be gunning for those a bit later tonight. B)

I don't think I have the stamina for 100 consecutive ones in under 2 minutes yet.

• Like 2

I had a phlebotomy this evening, and while I was in the waiting room of the doctor's office, I went for a 2-minute squat session. Got up to 73.

Still a long way to go before I'll reach 100 in 2 minutes. I've got the leg strength, just not the endurance.

I'll need to work on rule #1 in case the zombiepocalypse happens... :D 

tenor.gif?itemid=11651677

Edit:

Didn't mention it yet, apparently, but I did in fact do 50 in 1 minute 24 seconds last night. That was two more quests marked as complete too. :P 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2018 at 8:49 PM, TimovieMan said:

I don't think I have the stamina for 100 consecutive ones in under 2 minutes yet.

Upped my speed a bit and managed 95 in 2 minutes yesterday. Was completely knackered afterwards, though. But it made me believe I could reach 100.

Tried again this morning. 102 in 2 minutes.

tumblr_nj51ekae6u1tfxxpto1_250.gif

• Like 2

Welp I fell flat on my face with this this week. No BW squats for me. I picked up the barbell again though and I think it's done more for my mental health than anything else I've tried in the past 4 months. (Nm that it took me a month to do it between deciding and taking action.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 9:57 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Week 3: Well done on the previous week. As a reminder, you have till some random time Tuesday to log your squats. The ice blocks have been transported to the wall, now we need to draw up plans for placing them. Your task this week is meditation. Log them in the spreadsheet by minutes meditated. From 12:01 am Monday morning December 3rd your time, till 12:59 PM Sunday December 9th your time, record all meditation minutes in the Week 3 Task tab of the spreadsheet.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2018 at 2:47 PM, TimovieMan said:

I had a phlebotomy this evening,

I'm so sorry but somehow i misunderstood this as 'lobotomy' and was sorely, sorely confused for a moment there.

• Haha 4

Is it normal that meditating causes me to yawn like there's no tomorrow?

I'm only doing a couple of minutes each day (5 two days ago, 2 yesterday, 5 today), but every time I start yawning like crazy after a minute...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Is it normal that meditating causes me to yawn like there's no tomorrow?

I'm only doing a couple of minutes each day (5 two days ago, 2 yesterday, 5 today), but every time I start yawning like crazy after a minute...

How do you breathe?

2 hours ago, Arkania said:

How do you breathe?

Deep slow inhale through the nose, long slow exhale through the mouth.

After a good minute I start yawning every two-three breaths.