• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Night Watch Gonna Ranger: The Build the Wall Ranger Mini-Challenge

9 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

Deep slow inhale through the nose, long slow exhale through the mouth.

After a good minute I start yawning every two-three breaths.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-I-yawn-when-trying-to-meditate-Does-that-mean-my-meditation-is-not-effective

Maybe some sort of relaxation. Just had a quick google search and found a lot of esoteric stuff but no studies. But this sounds logical to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arkania said:

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-I-yawn-when-trying-to-meditate-Does-that-mean-my-meditation-is-not-effective

Maybe some sort of relaxation. Just had a quick google search and found a lot of esoteric stuff but no studies. But this sounds logical to me.

Some interesting things in the answers in that link.

"Yawning is a good sign that your meditation is effective." - Yay! :D

I am going to implement some of the stuff I read. Mainly keeping my eyes open (I always closed them), and focusing on my posture (making sure my head faces straight ahead and not downwards).

Did 8 minutes yesterday, right before going to bed. The yawning happened again, but this time the most obvious thing was that my mind kept wandering. I had more instances of "wait, stop that, focus on the breathing again" than previous times.

But this is all new to me. I don't think I had ever meditated before this week. Baby steps.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2018 at 9:57 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Week 4: Well done making it to week 4. As a reminder, you have till some random time Tuesday to log your meditation. A plan has been made to build the wall, now you have to get the ice blocks in the right place. It's a bit of a stretch tying this weeks task to the narrative, but here it is: Do yoga, and record the minutes of yoga done. Just as yoga stretches our body to get back into alignment, the ice blocks need to go into proper alignment with the wall.

• Like 3

GUYS GUYS GUESS WHAT

I never do yoga. I don't have a place to go do it, I haven't done enough of it to know how to form a sequence, i was definitely putting this one off. But then I thought, wait a sec, everybody's here together on this, I'm not letting go of this challenge! And I found a 5 minute yoga instruction video on youtube. And I did the thing. It's only 5 minutes, but it's more than I've done in months. <3 Those of you struggling like me, you can do it! And here's the link I used (I wasn't super picky, so sorry if it isn't your style, those of you who actually do the yoga thing!) 

Good luck rangers!

• Like 2