• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fleaball

Flea Becomes a Basic Bitch

Hey, it has been a while. Sorry to hear you are not doing great. It is motivating to see you adapting and experimenting. I was pretty sure that could have been a perfect sentence for a chemistry joke, but that's not up my alley. All the good ones argon, indeed. :p

My grandparents have a mild version of this 'questioning everything' and giving advice on everything. Nowadays they do not even bother to rephrase their question, which they did do in the past. It used to be my grandfather mainly, and grandma kept telling him 'not to bother me with his nosiness all the time' :p  but I think they are starting to adopt each others mannerisms in order to live with each other more easily....

• Like 3

I got threeeeeee hours of sleep last night. Fell asleep after 6am, woke up, stared at the ceiling more, fell asleep again, then my alarm went off because I had to take my dipshit brother to the doctor to pick up a prescription. I really wish I were a person who naps. I guess today instead of doing the things I wanted to do that require brain power and focus, I'll do some of the more mundane things I've been putting off? And maybe a yoga video.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Severine said:

Hope you slept better last night!

Better! Still longing for the days when I could sleep 8 hours uninterrupted, but better than yesterday. 

• Like 3

Why Flea hates cooking:

Decide to make instant mashed potatoes and chicken nuggets. (Look ma, no dairy!) As I'm washing a bowl to microwave the potatoes, my father comes in and moves my stuff out of the way on the counter (since there's insanely little counter space thanks to poor planning when the kitchen was redone and also all of the shit he and my brother just leave all over the place). Apparently he needs to make his smoothie right the fuck now. "Am I in your way?" - there's literally no way anyone with a brain could interpret me as being anything but sarcastic and passive aggressive, but he thinks I'm serious and says no, he's fine, he's just making his drink. Then the fun part:

"What are you making? Pasta with... gross stuff?" Vegetables. He means the vegetables I usually add to pasta. Sometimes with beans.

"No, just instant potatoes and chicken nuggets."

"oooooh~" he says, his tone implying that I'm making something fancy like I think I'm special. 

So I ignored him and kept making my food while reaching around him and getting in his way. But this is exactly why I fucking loathe cooking and cry in the grocery store trying to figure out what to buy that will require as little effort as possible. My entire dinner tonight took 7 minutes - microwave water for potatoes for 5, mix them and let sit while the chicken microwaves for 2 minutes. And yet for those 7 minutes where all I did was exist in the kitchen while my food cooked itself, I just wanted to light everything on fire and run away.

SO anyway, that's how my challenge is going. 

edit: and I still can't sleep like a normal human.

• Sad 8

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That stinks. I pray some day you have a place to live free of people like that.

Danke. It's funny too because as it was happening I was like "this. this is a perfect example of where my issues come from and it's so direct that I can post it online so people understand!" It sucks that he's still an asshole, but at least his assholery was useful this time?

• Like 6

Man, that really sucks. My wife and kids don't eat the same as me, but at least they don't actively discourage me. They even sometimes eat food I make too.

• Like 2

Oh ffs. I'm angry just hearing about this and it didn't even happen to me. Flea should be allowed to make whatever food she feels like... in peace!

It's going to be so good when you get out of there <3 

• Like 3

*hugs* Flea. This is sadly a great example. Of course, I believed you before but yeah.

And vegetables aren't gross. Honestly, I think the Pasta you make looks good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arkania said:

:wub:

Fun fact: I started studying German a few years ago while bored at work. But then I got distracted and forgot literally everything lol. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fleaball said:

Fun fact: I started studying German a few years ago while bored at work. But then I got distracted and forgot literally everything lol. 

I took it for 2 years in high school. I don't recall much. I think I can ask were the toilet is, and to give me another beer. ;)

• Like 5

I'm so sorry you're surrounded by such nasty attitudes :( But super well done on ignoring him and persevering with your cooking!! I know it's so hard, but you've got a lot of strength to keep going on under the strain.

• Like 2

Pendulum has swung the opposite way, to where I'm now sleeping way too much every day. (But still waking up a million times, yay.) Rawr. 

I've been doing better on the food goals, not so much on the exercise goals. I keep looking at my yoga mat and going "mehhhh, maybe later." I'm not sure when I'll get to the gym next week as my schedule's looking really weird and I know my sleep schedule's going to get fucked as a result, but I'm going to try. Part of me just wants to call this challenge a wash right now, but I've done that a lot this year and don't want to do it again. 

• Like 5