• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:12 PM, Terah said:

Friday

A big win for me today: I ate a stroopwafel, in the morning, in front of other people without feeling guilty or ashamed. Eating cookies before noon was something I couldn't do without guilt for a long time. It usually started with me refusing the cookie, only to binge on (similar) cookies when I was alone. 

There was a moment of doubt before I had one, but I reminded myself that one cookie would not hurt me. And I actually enjoyed it more than I expected :) Stroopwafels are still my favorite cookie, just as when I was a kid

Stroopwafels_01.jpg

Oohhh I love stroopwafels, too! I don't like cookies all that much, but stroopwafels are an exception :D I'm glad you enjoyed it! How's the zumba choreography going?

• Like 1

That's an awesome choreo!

On 12/6/2018 at 8:33 AM, Terah said:

Hey, so nice to see you! How's your little one? 

We moved house in January and I am soooo happy with my new house (yes, it still feels new :D )

Awww, how old is she now? 

Giving adults heart attacks is what toddlers are supposed to do ;)

Good! She just turned 2 :) I'm really enjoying this period because we can have real conversations and she can tell me about her day when I come home from work- pretty awesome!

So glad you survived the time with your in-laws and you get to reap the rewards in your 'new' house :D What's the best thing about it? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ensi said:

How's the zumba choreography going?

The last 10 seconds are still a mystery to me, but the rest I've got pretty much down :)

13 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

we can have real conversations and she can tell me about her day 

Awww, that's so great <3 I loved it when my boys started talking :) (And now I'm trying to teach them to shut up once in a while :D )

15 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

What's the best thing about it? 

We've got soooo much space! I've got my own "cave" in the attic where I do my sowing, work outs (and laundry, but I try not to think about that too much :p ). And the boys each have their own room. The neighborhood itself is completely designed for bikers and to discourage cars (no way for cars to take a shortcut through the streets here for example) and there are lots of playgrounds so it's very save for the boys to play outside by themselves. And their school is a 5 min walk from our home.

And we actually got a backyard. 

Yes, I'm totally in love with this house :D

• Like 5

Sunday 

I woke up feeling sad and anxious. I actually cried with no reason. I took this as a sign that I needed a mental health day. I didn't do anything today. I've been really busy the last months, so it's not weird that I needed a day off. 

Even though I have a todo list that will keep me busy for a long time, I managed to let go of that. Those things will still need to be done tomorrow. No one will suffer if I won't do them today. 

After getting out of bed at noon, a lot of Netflix and YouTube, some kid-hugs and eating pancakes for dinner I'm feeling a little better. I refuse to get burned out and will do more my best to listen to my body and mind from now on. 

• Like 3

STROOPWAFELS! Love 'em.

Just curious, but you said the dance choreo was challenging. What would you say is the hardest part - a specific section, the movements, the speed or something completely different? :) 

17 hours ago, Terah said:

I refuse to get burned out

Good. :) 

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

the speed

This, definitely. 

The moves are quite simple. And the "toughness", I mean I'm usually pretty sweet and happy, but we've got to dance angry and tough. Like we're badasses. That's hard for me too. 

Monday - Thursday 

At my husband's advice I started taking vitamin D again and it did wonders for my mood. 

Right now I'm covered in work, I had to take the boys to one thing or another every day, I'm coming down with a cold, my husband is sick, I'm behind on laundry, and I'm HAPPY. 

Not stressed at all. Tired yes, at the end of the day, but still satisfied and happy. 

It's weird how a bit of vitamin D  an affect your mood so much... 

• Like 4

Woah, that's a huge change! I try to take vitamin D every day in the winter, too :) I really hope you'll have some time to rest so that the cold doesn't hit you too hard!

• Thanks 1