• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terah

Terah: Intuitivized

4 hours ago, Wolfen said:

Hello @Terah. I usually call the Adventurers Guild my home, but I am kicking it with the Druids this challenge. Your challenge is simple and glorious. I think my Adventurer sister @annyshay has some experience with intuitive eating. Also, I am glad you're feeling better after the unexpected soar throat. Let me know if I can help you with your challenge in any way.

The druids is the place to be :) Welcome!

2 hours ago, annyshay said:

Intuitive Eating for the win!!!

Yes! 

1 hour ago, Shello said:

Here!

Yay! 

• Like 2

On 11/19/2018 at 12:04 AM, Terah said:

Quest1: Eat

Just eat something when hungry! Don't worry about what is "good" or "bad" foods. Just eat what I'm craving and makes me feel good. I mean, sure eggs are considered "good", but if I eat them my asthma flares up and if I'm really lucky I get bloated too :p

Quest2: move

Do what I love (dancing and yoga) and what makes me feel good. 

So no more working out when the sharks are at their peak or when I am dead tired. And I will add a workout at home when I think it will make me feel good. 

I like these quests.

The "Eat" one makes me happy because a couple of years ago, I did the Whole30 and felt absolutely TERRIBLE the whole entire time.  In fact, the longer I went - the worse I felt.  So after that, I thought, "Screw it!  I'm eating what makes me happy and if I start feeling as bad as I did during the Whole30, I can reevaluate."  So I'm completely on board with you for this one!

The "Move" one I like as well because after being diagnosed with Hashimoto's a few years ago, I struggled with not being able to exercise as hard or as intensely anymore.  I kept feeling like if all I could do was some light walking and beginner yoga, then what's the point?  But if I over do it, I'm miserable for days and then can't do anything and go back to square one.  So yes!!  DO what makes you feel good!!  That is all that matters!

Love your thread and wish you well in your Quests!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been crazy busy with work this week, carefully alternated with lying on the couch while hanging over a bucket topped off by mean sharks. 

This is one week I'm willing to forget :p

On a brighter note: we're celebrating Sinterklaas this Sunday! The adults are doing a secret santa kind of thing and everybody brings a present for the boys. They are both still believers (although we did explain to A that it isn't real, he totally "forgot" this explanation the next day) which makes it even more fun :D

My parents, sister + boyfriend, MIL and maybe my SIL + boyfriend (she's deep in a depression, so it will depend on how she feels tomorrow) will come. 

I'm really looking forward to it :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terah said:

On a brighter note: we're celebrating Sinterklaas this Sunday! The adults are doing a secret santa kind of thing and everybody brings a present for the boys. They are both still believers (although we did explain to A that it isn't real, he totally "forgot" this explanation the next day) which makes it even more fun :D

My parents, sister + boyfriend, MIL and maybe my SIL + boyfriend (she's deep in a depression, so it will depend on how she feels tomorrow) will come. 

I'm really looking forward to it :)

When I found out I waited two or three years to tell my parents because I didn't want to miss out on the extra presents.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

When I found out I waited two or three years to tell my parents because I didn't want to miss out on the extra presents.

Awww, that's so cute <3 

I just told him that he's allowed to believe as long as he wants, and that he'll get presents even if he doesn't believe. 

In the Netherlands the fairytale of Sinterklaas is more elaborated than that of Santa in the US. We've got the "sinterklaasjournaal" a news show where they report the adventures of Sinterklaas and his Petes (Sinterklaas' assistants/friends) every year. Schools work with this show. For example: there were some new Petes this year that put the wrong names on the presents. It turned out they couldn't read yet. So they got a reading board from Sinterklaas. And the kids in the 1st and 2nd grade at the schools (4/5 year olds) got those same boards so they could help the Petes to learn how to read. 

Also there is an actual boat with actors that play Sinterklaas and his Petes that arrives at a harbor in the Netherlands. 

A kid from the 6th grade (9/10 years old) said to me: sinterklaas must be real, because the boat he arrives in is real. I just confirmed the boat was real, so I wouldn't have to actually lie to her... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I don't think I ever really believed, but I did get really sad when my mom jokingly told me he wasn't real when I was about 10, but that was because it was officially the end of my childhood. It was a pretty funny conversation with my mom though, when she said "Oh my gosh, Deffy, did you not know!?"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, deftona said:

I don't think I ever really believed, but I did get really sad when my mom jokingly told me he wasn't real when I was about 10, but that was because it was officially the end of my childhood. It was a pretty funny conversation with my mom though, when she said "Oh my gosh, Deffy, did you not know!?"

IIIRC I was in first Grade, so I was 6. That year was the first year kids were arguing about it, and I believed. On Christmas Eve, I heard Santa puttering around in the living room, so of course I went to check. What I thought was reindeer on the roof was my parents clicking together one of those tracked racing sets, and sure enough that was what Santa brought me in the night. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

5 hours ago, deftona said:

My siblings and I have all been adults for many years. And yet, every member of my family, including my parents, gets presents from Santa Claus every year. Occasionally Mrs Claus. Once in a while the reindeer drop off a gift, usually for the pets.

To my mind, this is like the old joke, "The difference between knowledge and wisdom is this: knowledge is knowing that Frankenstein isn't the monster, and wisdom is knowing that Frankenstein is the monster."  Knowledge is knowing there is no Santa Claus. Wisdom is knowing there is.

4 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Knowledge is knowing there is no Santa Claus. Wisdom is knowing there is

This is the most perfect explanation I've ever heard <3 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, deftona said:

but I did get really sad when my mom jokingly told me he wasn't real when I was about 10

Aww, poor little Deffy 

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

IIIRC I was in first Grade, so I was 6. That year was the first year kids were arguing about it, and I believed. On Christmas Eve, I heard Santa puttering around in the living room, so of course I went to check. What I thought was reindeer on the roof was my parents clicking together one of those tracked racing sets, and sure enough that was what Santa brought me in the night. 

That is so cute! 

I was terrified of the black petes breaking and entering into my house. So my parents told 3 year old Terah it was just a game and they bought the presents. 

Nowadays the Petes aren't black anymore, they don't take bad kids with them to Spain (where they live) and don't hit them with a Roe anymore. So it's a lot less frightening for kids now :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Terah said:

I was terrified of the black petes

Yeah I can totally understand this, Terah. At 33, I am also terrified on Black Pete. For many, many reasons :D

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Terah said:

I was terrified of the black petes breaking and entering into my house. So my parents told 3 year old Terah it was just a game and they bought the presents. 

Nowadays the Petes aren't black anymore, they don't take bad kids with them to Spain (where they live) and don't hit them with a Roe anymore. So it's a lot less frightening for kids now :D

I've been to Spain, trust me, it's not that bad.

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've been to Spain, trust me, it's not that bad.

But you probably weren't taken inside a jute bag by strange men on a steam boat that took 2 weeks to get to Spain :p ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terah said:

But you probably weren't taken inside a jute bag by strange men on a steam boat that took 2 weeks to get to Spain :p ;)

But if you were, we won't judge. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Terah said:

No, I wasn't. I was taken inside a long metal cylinder that took a few hours.

2 hours ago, deftona said:

But if you were, we won't judge. 

:D 

• Haha 1

Sinterklaas was a great success! The boys got spoiled, and I had a great time :)

Even my SIL was here. It was hard for her, but she soldiered through <3 

Now I'm waiting for a lady to come by. She's going to do some sowing work for me. I've got so much work now that I can't do it all by myself, so I'm trying to find people to help me :)

• Like 2

Hey! So cool to see you're still here :)

How's the housing situation? Did yours get finished while I was gone? 

Glad to hear your Sinterklaas party was a success! I was a little tempted today to stock up on pepernoten because I'll miss them when they're gone.. 

On 11/22/2018 at 5:31 PM, Mad Hatter said:

I learned to climb the kitchen counters at a very early age to reach the good stuff. :D 

(And to this day I climb the counters to reach the top shelf haha)

My little monster does that too, she drags a chair to wherever she wants to reach and then climbs onto anything. I just let her do whatever while all the other adults are having heart attacks. 

On 12/2/2018 at 9:02 AM, Terah said:

Probably depends on where you live.. the ones we ran into in town were as black as they've always been. We haven't seen the end of that discussion yet. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Hey! So cool to see you're still here :)

How's the housing situation? Did yours get finished while I was gone? 

Hey, so nice to see you! How's your little one? 

We moved house in January and I am soooo happy with my new house (yes, it still feels new :D )

Glad to hear your Sinterklaas party was a success! I was a little tempted today to stock up on pepernoten because I'll miss them when they're gone.

I know the feeling. You know what? I still might, as they are on sale starting today ;)

My little monster does that too, she drags a chair to wherever she wants to reach and then climbs onto anything. I just let her do whatever while all the other adults are having heart attacks. 

Awww, how old is she now? 

Giving adults heart attacks is what toddlers are supposed to do ;)

Probably depends on where you live.. the ones we ran into in town were as black as they've always been. We haven't seen the end of that discussion yet. 

It's quite mixed here. The ones at school had chimney smudge on their faces, but those downtown were pretty black(we didn't go see them this year, because we're living a bit farter away now). Most of the Petes on the sinterklaasjournaal were not black at all though. 

But I think we should just change them into elves or something. That way we still get to celebrate without anyone getting offended :p (Or maybe some will think it might offend people with pointy ears....) 

• Like 1

Tuesday 

Dancing was great. We're working on this, very challenging choreo:

Wednesday 

Sinterklaas came to the school of the boys. They  played games all day long and had a great time. 

Because most people celebrate "pakjesavond" (gift evening) this evening, yoga and urban fit classes got canceled. 

Thursday 

A threw up at 2:30 so I had to clean his room (red pasta sauce, it was everywhere!). I think it was an allergic reaction to something, because as soon as his stomach was empty he felt great again and went to sleep without any further problems. 

Needless to say I was less than awake when the alarm went of :p

I got myself ready really slowly and went to work later than usual (perks of being your own boss :D) 

I did some strength training between sowing and cutting and making packages and it helped me feel more alive. The boys and me are having a quiet afternoon, even J, who didn't hear anything last night, seem to need it. 

• Like 4

Friday

A big win for me today: I ate a stroopwafel, in the morning, in front of other people without feeling guilty or ashamed. Eating cookies before noon was something I couldn't do without guilt for a long time. It usually started with me refusing the cookie, only to binge on (similar) cookies when I was alone. 

There was a moment of doubt before I had one, but I reminded myself that one cookie would not hurt me. And I actually enjoyed it more than I expected :) Stroopwafels are still my favorite cookie, just as when I was a kid

Stroopwafels_01.jpg

• Like 3