Jump to content

Arkania transforms to Ronja Rövardotter


Arkania

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

Sorry for diet mentality talk, but how did you feel an hour or two after eating that stew? My diet mind immediately reacts on the fact that there is like zero protein in that food. I mean, there are not even any legumes...

So what? You don't have to eat protein with every meal. If you get hungry quickly you can eat more or eat something else later. If you crave protein afterwards eat something with more protein. It doesn't have to be more complicated than that. What makes protein so special anyway? There's also not really any fat in this, which is equally important over the long term.

  • Like 3
Link to post

This serving (really small serving for me) had 6g (3g fat (-> olive oil), 34g carbs) protein (I think because of the mushrooms). I had this at around 6pm. 2hrs later I had a very small serving of some porridge (as dessert) with apple/pear. This also had around 6g protein.

After that I was fine :)

I don't have the issue of "hunger when not eating protein". I need a good combination of all macros.

And because I ate some other stuff yesterday to eat ;) I had in total 77g protein, 32g fat and 213g carbs (bread with salami and cheese for breakfast, two plain breadrolls for lunch, one sausage as a snack, stew and porridge as dinner). And it was a good day of eating. I felt good the whole day.

  • Like 3
Link to post

Oh and here the sizing of todays porrdige (I also put some peanutbutter on top later) -> 80g rolled oats with 250ml cashew drink and a loooot of fruit :)

 

IMG-20181121-WA0032(1).thumb.jpeg.8c065da84f5952d51fbee359a35fe6ff.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

So what? You don't have to eat protein with every meal. If you get hungry quickly you can eat more or eat something else later. If you crave protein afterwards eat something with more protein. It doesn't have to be more complicated than that. What makes protein so special anyway? There's also not really any fat in this, which is equally important over the long term.

 

This is something I'm currently working on...

 

When I first started dieting and did LCHF/keto they all said "fat is the most important to eat - it will keep you full for the longest". Then after that when I got more in to fitness and "fitness diet" it was all "you need to eat a lot of protein!" "It's the most filling macro. You need to eat a lot of protein to stay full" and of course "you need to eat a lot of protein, otherwise you won't build any muscle".

 

So one "diet mentality thought" I'm trying to challenge now is that it's actually possible to eat more carbs, and less of the other stuff, and still feel both full, and feel good in general.

Link to post
1 minute ago, Tobbe said:

 

This is something I'm currently working on...

  

When I first started dieting and did LCHF/keto they all said "fat is the most important to eat - it will keep you full for the longest". Then after that when I got more in to fitness and "fitness diet" it was all "you need to eat a lot of protein!" "It's the most filling macro. You need to eat a lot of protein to stay full" and of course "you need to eat a lot of protein, otherwise you won't build any muscle".

  

So one "diet mentality thought" I'm trying to challenge now is that it's actually possible to eat more carbs, and less of the other stuff, and still feel both full, and feel good in general.

So it's true that it's difficult to build muscle without enough protein (or without an adequate calorie intake). But first of all, all the bro science is greatly exaggerated. Second, your body is fine as it is. You don't need to put on muscle or change your body in any way. If you want to get stronger, focus on getting stronger. A lot of strength is neurological anyway. But building muscle is a side effect of training, not eating.

 

What makes you feel full is going to be completely different for each and every person. I'm like Arkania and need to have more balance in my meals. Protein on its own doesn't fill me up at all really, not without fat and/or carbs. Very protein rich meals also makes me feel heavy and like I'm digesting forever. So for me slightly higher carbs actually make me feel better. But the whole point is that everyone is different, there is no right or wrong! Some people like to eat 1-2 large meals, some like lots of snacks to not go hangry between meals. It's all fine.

  • Like 2
Link to post
43 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

So it's true that it's difficult to build muscle without enough protein (or without an adequate calorie intake). But first of all, all the bro science is greatly exaggerated. Second, your body is fine as it is. You don't need to put on muscle or change your body in any way. If you want to get stronger, focus on getting stronger. A lot of strength is neurological anyway. But building muscle is a side effect of training, not eating.

Also, most Broscience is based around bodybuilding, which focuses exclusively on hypertrophy, hence the emphasis on caloric intake. 

  • Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

So what? You don't have to eat protein with every meal. If you get hungry quickly you can eat more or eat something else later. If you crave protein afterwards eat something with more protein. It doesn't have to be more complicated than that. What makes protein so special anyway? There's also not really any fat in this, which is equally important over the long term.

This is so true! 

To add: your body us incredibly smart and makes you crave the stuff you need, and if you don't get it, it finds a way to make due without by creating stuff. 

  • Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

 

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

 

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Link to post

Sooo, here are some new bouldering videos for you :D

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
7 hours ago, Arkania said:

Sooo, here are some new bouldering videos for you :D

Nice videos, you have some wicked skillz!  Those Delts, tho... :)  

 

I like to eat protein heavy, carb light but I do that primarily because it makes me feel good :) .  Too many carbs and I start to feel bloated.  I think my diet may help marginally with muscle growth, but like @Mad Hatter said, it is  more about the training than the protein.

  • Thanks 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post
8 hours ago, Arkania said:

Sooo, here are some new bouldering videos for you

Wow you look like Spiderman up there! O_O

24 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Too many carbs and I start to feel bloated

I get that with too much protein :D All bodies are different, we just have to figure out what makes us feel good :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

 

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

 

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Link to post
40 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Too many carbs and I start to feel bloated.

Yep, +1 as I found out the last week (and also some years before but that's a different story ;) ).

And as you can see: Muscle growth works with "normal" amounts of protein. I was never the one who ate 2-3g/kg protein. Blergh.

I did a High Speed Diet (~250-300g protein a day) and I felt really bad after day one.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Haaa those videos are so cool!

 

Re the macro/meal frequency thing, I have felt it vary for me, depending on my schedule. For instance, when I was training the same but doing theatre rehearsals + shows every single night, little by little I sort of moved to more frequent carb-based snacks.   It was more practical with rehearsals and stuff, but I think there was also a body request for a quick energy supply every so often. But if I just do my usual, training in the morning and attending to a sitting/computery job,  I tend to go for big but spaced out meals somehow. It's not written in stone though.

 

 

  • Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

Link to post

Thank you all, it was a lot of fun (like always) ;)

And since I am eating "enough" the last weeks I am stronger than ever :D

 

Strong

Do sports. Doesn't matter what but move your body and have fun while doing it! Grow your muscles moooooore.

As you have seen I was bouldering. Nothing beside that. But today I want to do the boss fight for level 4. And maybe a yoga session.

 

Clever

Work on your future. Positioning! Decide what to do with your life (in case of business) and stick to it. Period. Make a plan what's to do next.

Udemy had black friday (which company hadn't...) and I bought a course about digital marketing and one about branding. Also I bought a camera and a desk microfone (maybe for streaming...?)

 

Wild

Be creative. Have fun. Do stuff you like. Retry hobbies from your teenage years.

I read, watched some movies, played video games and puzzled. Drew a bit (more doodling).

And found scribble.io, really fun :D

 

Brave

Do IE. You will struggle, there will be good and bad days but listen to your body and you will master it eventually.

Got a lot better the last days. Except on thursday. There I watched a very thrilling movie while eating and when I was done, I realized I didn't didn't payattention to the food. That wasn't good.

  • Like 2
Link to post
14 minutes ago, Arkania said:

ANd maaaan, that is a real big bootey.

Sure, if by "big" you mean "just the right size and shape".  I don't typically comment on people's bodies, but since you bring it up I would have to say it is one of the finer bootys I have seen recently.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Sure, if by "big" you mean "just the right size and shape".  I don't typically comment on people's bodies, but since you bring it up I would have to say it is one of the finer bootys I have seen recently.

:D

Thanks. That may be your opinion but I am not sure if it's mine too ;)
I knew it was... sort of big but I didn't realize it is that big. Ok, it's a bootey-boosting camera angle but none the less....

But I also have thicc (oh man.....) thighs (thaaat I don't like really) so it kind of goes with it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
16 minutes ago, Arkania said:

I also have sweet quads (oh man.....) thighs (thaaat I don't like really) so it kind of goes with it.

FTFY :) 

  • Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

 

Link to post
55 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Sure, if by "big" you mean "just the right size and shape".  I don't typically comment on people's bodies, but since you bring it up I would have to say it is one of the finer bootys I have seen recently.

 

31 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

FTFY :) 

I completely agree with WhiteGhost.

 

55 minutes ago, Arkania said:

That may be your opinion but I am not sure if it's mine too ;)

tumblr_muvrh7FYOd1sg0a6co1_500.gif

Current challenge: Work. Eat. Train. Sleep. Repeat. 

2021 threads: Respawn

2018-19 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV

Link to post
2 hours ago, Arkania said:

:D

Thanks. That may be your opinion but I am not sure if it's mine too ;)
I knew it was... sort of big but I didn't realize it is that big. Ok, it's a bootey-boosting camera angle but none the less....

But I also have thicc (oh man.....) thighs (thaaat I don't like really) so it kind of goes with it.

I went back to check out your booty (because I was so distracted by your amazing skills that I hadn't payed any attention to it) and I must say it is beautiful and it suits you well. And it looks like that is the place where much of your strength comes from during climbing.

Also, mine is twice that size and I don't hesitate to shake it during zumba class, where the teacher is often whining about his lack of booty :D

 

Tl;dr It's not about the size of the booty, but how you use it :)

 

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

 

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

 

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Link to post

Oh I like discussions. Keep this thread alive ;)

On 11/24/2018 at 10:57 AM, WhiteGhost said:

FTFY :) 

 

Hey! You can't just change my mind like that. :D

23 hours ago, Terah said:

I went back to check out your booty (because I was so distracted by your amazing skills that I hadn't payed any attention to it) and I must say it is beautiful and it suits you well. And it looks like that is the place where much of your strength comes from during climbing.

Also, mine is twice that size and I don't hesitate to shake it during zumba class, where the teacher is often whining about his lack of booty :D

 

Tl;dr It's not about the size of the booty, but how you use it :)

 

 

 

Thank you :wub: I am not afraid of doing stuff with this bootey, but I thought it was not thaaaaat big :D

 

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Sorry I didn’t mean to trigger a huge discussion! But for what it’s worth I think your thighs are hot too. ;) 

 

Also, thank you :wub: I like them but would like them more, if they were leaner ;) And I think my body is unproportional. Upper body is a lot!! leaner than lower body.

 

 

All this stuff here is btw a good exercise for me to handle compliments, I can't handle stuff like this well.

  • Like 5
Link to post
1 hour ago, Arkania said:

 

All this stuff here is btw a good exercise for me to handle compliments, I can't handle stuff like this well.

You're doing a good job fielding these compliments.

  • Haha 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines