WhiteGhost Get His Kips (On Route 66)

WhiteGhost

Last challenge of the year, and I plan to have some fun.

First Stop - Whale of Catoosa (Oklahoma)

12-13-Weird-Wacky-Attractions-Route-66-Blue-Whale-of-Catoosa.jpg

A fun place to sit around and enjoy myself.  This part of the challenge will be all about park gymnastics.  In the last challenge I learned a bunch of new skills, and have set my sights on a bunch more.  I have no expectations or deadlines with regard to these beyond having fun, continuing to learn and improve, and building up my collection of shinies.  The only stipulation is that for every gymnastics session, I will do at least 3 successful kips

Second Stop - Cadillac Ranch (Amarillo, Texas)

3-13-Weird-Wacky-Attractions-Route-66-Cadillac-Ranch.jpg

Most of these cars were impressive vehicles when they were made, but now that are all old and halfway in the grave.  If I don't want to end up like these, I need to keep up my workouts.  I am happy with the routines I had from last challenge, so I will stick with those.  Target is 3 workouts each week, with one each from pull, push, and lower body.

Third Stop - Winslow (Arizona)

10-13-Weird-Wacky-Attractions-Route-66-Standin-On-The-Corner-Park.jpg

A good place to lean back, relax and take a load off.  As long as I am leaning and relaxing, I might as well stretch.  Target is at least 5 stretching sessions each week.  They don't have to be long but something to let my brain know that my body needs to loosen up a bit.

Last Stop - Muffler Man Statue (Atlanta, Illinois)

8-13-Weird-Wacky-Attractions-Route-66-Muffler-Man-Statue.jpg

The holiday season means food, and lots of it.  I know it is going to happen and I plan to enjoy it.  I will be doing a lot of cooking (especially with Thanksgiving this week) and even if I am eating more than usual, I want to make sure I am still eating real food.  Target at least one homemade meal every day (breakfast doesn't count unless I make waffles or pancakes.  Or french toast).  I will try to take pictures to share of anything new, as well as sharing what recipe inspired it.

OK, let's get this thing started

13-13-Weird-Wacky-Attractions-Route-66-Start-sign.jpg

• Like 10
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Workout routines are outlined below, with the color corresponding to the exercise category 

Pull Exercises

Pull workouts are divided into 6 categories, with each set containing one exercise from each category.  After each set, I will do some abs exercises while my arms rest.  The categories are

1. One Arm
  2. Front Lever
  3. Explosive
  4. Back Lever
  5. Pullups variation
  6. Other pulling 

The specific exercises follow that order (for the most part) which are:

OA Deadhang
Tuck Front Lever Lifts
Jump Muscleup
Tuck Back Lever Lifts
Archer Pullups
Commando Pullups
OAPU Negatives
Tuck Front Lever Pullups
CTB Pullups
Tuck Back Lever Pullups
Behind the Head Pullups
Inverted Pushups
OA Scapular Retractions
Tuck Front Lever Rows
Clap Pullups
Back Lever Extensions
L-Sit Pullups
Inverted Dips
OA Rows
Front Lever Lifts
Pulluots (7s)
Headbangers

Dragon Lifts
Typewriters

Push Exercises

Push workouts will consist of 3 types of exercise:

1. Horizontal
  2. Inverted (vertical with feet above head)
  3. Vertical

These will also be grouped by category, with each set being interspersed with abs exercises.  The push exercises are:

Clap Pushups
Wall Assisted Handstand Pushups
Russian Dips
One Arm Pushups
Pike Pushups
Hindu Pushups
Cat Pushups
Handstand Kickups
Tuck Planche Dips
Archer Pushups
Shoulder Press
Single Bar Dips
Pseudo Planche Pushups
Back Bridge Pushups
Korean Dips
Plank Tricep Extensions
Handstand Shoulder Taps
Deep Dips
Regular Pushups
Planche Rotations
Twist Dips

Leg Exercises 

Leg work includes the entire posterior chain, including glutes and and lumbar area.  The 4 categories for these exercises are:

1. Single Leg
  2. Double Leg
  3. Explosive
  4. Posterior Chain

Again, each set will include some ab work as well.  The specific exercises are:

SL unweighted Deadlifts
Close Leg Deep Squats
SL Box Jumps
GHRs
Bench Pistols
Bulgarian Split Squats
Squat Leaps
Glute Bridges
Shrimp Squats
Archer Squats
Jump Archer Squats
Hip Extensions
Deep Step-ups
Front Lunges
Jump Lunges
Lumbar Extensions
SL Hip Extensions
Back Lunges
Jump Squats
Cobras
SL Glute Bridges
Regular Squats
Precisions
Supermans
SL Calf Raises
Scorpion Drops
Stride Precisions
Tabletops

• Like 5

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

21 hours ago, deftona said:

Oh I love this theme so much! Following! 

I had other plans for this challenge but this one just came to me and felt so right :) 

20 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Following! Cute theme :) 

Welcome aboard!

19 hours ago, Arkania said:

So colourful :wub:

I had to do something, huge walls of black text are kind of a downer, and who has time for that?

18 hours ago, @mu said:

So much! Love  that whale!

What are headbangers? Sounds interesting :lol:

That whale looks like it would actually be pretty fun :) 

Headbangers are where you get up into the top of a pullup and then push/pull yourself forward and backward in a horizontal plane.  This video shows some variations, but I usually do a pullup grip with my head fully above the bar.

17 hours ago, annyshay said:

Love the theme. Can't wait to see what progress you make while enjoying!

Thanks :) my first targets are front hip circles and front giants.  I'm sure I will spot some other prey along the way

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

Yay, glad to have you

So first of all, I just noticed that I have been given the shiniest of shinies: A shiny new title :) :) :)   I love it!  I am not just a chaser of shinies, I am a hunter.  I find the ones I want and them hunt them until they are mine!!! mwahahaha! :D 

I think I know who did that and THANK YOU!!!

Well, this challenge is off to a slow start because I am sick.  In order to make sure I can recover quickly, I am going to use zero week as a rest week.  I think my body could use the rest anyway, the sooner I get better the sooner I can get back out there.  The Whale of Catoosa and Cadillac Ranch will just have to wait.

Muffler Man - I will be using the next few days to get ready for Thanksgiving.  I am going to follow on what I started last year and cook a full thanksgiving dinner.  I bought a small turkey and will gather up the rest of the ingredients I will be needing today and tomorrow, and then spend a lot of time tomorrow doing some prep cooking so that I won't be too overwhelmed on the actual day.  

Winslow Arizona - Just because I am sick doesn't give me a pass on stretching.  I didn't do any yesterday so I need to get on that and make sure I do it today.

I am also getting close to finishing up the Wheel of Time series.  I am about halfway though the last book so after this week that will out of the way as well.  

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

So first of all, I just noticed that I have been given the shiniest of shinies: A shiny new title :) :) :)   I love it!  I am not just a chaser of shinies, I am a hunter.  I find the ones I want and them hunt them until they are mine!!! mwahahaha! :D 

hahaha brilliant title, lame pun intended :D

thanks for the vid!

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

Yesss, get on it. :D 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

22 hours ago, @mu said:

hahaha brilliant title, lame pun intended :D

thanks for the vid!

Lame puns are the best kind of puns :D 

21 hours ago, Arkania said:

giphy.gif

Image result for preach gif

7 hours ago, raptron said:

Yesss, get on it. :D 

On it!

Not much to update for this thanksgiving/rest week.  I am eating healthy homemade food, but no exercise or stretching.  Well, I did play some indoor soccer with Ghostlet last night, so that's something I guess.  I am getting pretty antsy about getting back out there.  

Finally finished the Wheel of Time series.  I really enjoyed it but man that is a looooooooooooong story.

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

Your themes are always so well put together. Jealous!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

2 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Your themes are always so well put together. Jealous!

Yesterday was another slow day, but I did manage to cook a couple of pies (pumpkin, coconut cream) and got all of the ingredients I am going to need for today.  

This morning I started out by making some jello and threw that in the fridge, after which I went and did a pull workout.  I was doing it in the house so I couldn't do any explosive stuff, but it didn't matter because I was struggling with what I could do.  I think part of it was because I had to adapt a bit for narrower (and much less stable) bar than I am used to so I had to be more deliberate with each one.  All in all it was a good workout, and it felt good to be active again.

After the workout I made the dough for the dinner rolls and did some stretching while I waited for it to rise.  After the stretching I put the turkey in the oven with the potatoes and yams.  I think the rolls are going to be a flop because they still haven't even started to rise :( 

Also, I discovered that my favorite artist from my youth has almost all of his albums on youtube, so I have them playing in the background for everything I have been doing since last night. One of my favorites is below:

• Like 4

Level 2 Ninja

28 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's always fun to find another Weird Al fan in the wild. This song got me through my divorce:

That's another favorite and was a runner up for the sample song in the earlier post. So many great songs to choose from.  I think maybe early next year I should do a Deffy style music challenge based on the songs of Wierd Al

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

First off, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you to whom it applies.  For the rest of y'all, you can still take a minute to remember all of the things you are grateful for, because gratitude is universal, yo!  If you woke up tomorrow with only the things you were grateful for today, how much would you have?

Today The last 24 hours the last update period (posting in the afternoon is awkward...) was not just good, it was GREAT!

Image result for not just good, they're great gif

I hit all four stops on the Great American Roadtrip

Cadillac Ranch - I went to the park this morning and did my leg workout.  I always love leg day, but today was rough, probably because I have been so sedentary recently.  Anyway, it was a killer and I by the end of it my legs were complete toast.  After each set I did a couple of ab exercises because ab exercises are good for you.

Spoiler

SL unweighted Deadlifts x10/leg
Close Leg Deep Squats x20
SL Box Jumps x10/leg
GHRs x10

Flutter kicks x100

Pistons x20
Bench Pistols x10/leg
Bulgarian Split Squats x10/leg
Squat Leaps x10
Glute Bridges x20

Scissors x100

Side Knee Raises x4/side
Shrimp Squats x10/leg
Archer Squats x10/leg
Jump Archer Squats x20
Hip Extensions x10

Hello Dollys x100

Bar Candles x10
Deep Step-ups x10/leg
Front Lunges x10/leg
Jump Lunges x20
Lumbar Extensions x10
Twist Situps x60

Hanging Leg Raises x10

SL Hip Extensions x10/leg
Back Lunges x10/leg
Jump Squats x10
Cobras x10
Bicycle Supine x100

Twist Knee Raises x5/side

SL Glute Bridges x10/leg
Regular Squats x20
Precisions x10 (2 meter gap)
Supermans x10

Floating Situps x10

Straddle Leg Raises x10
SL Calf Raises x10
Scorpion Drops x10
Stride Precisions x10 (3 meter gap)
Tabletops x20

Leg Raises x10

Hanging Situps x10

The Whale of Catoosa - After my workout this morning, I spent a little bit of time doing some gymnastics.  Kips were 3 for 3 and back uprises were also 3 for 3.  I tried to do a back hip circle but was too tired so I gave up.  After resting for a bit

Shiny Hunter Sneak Attack!!!

I was just going to do some swinging and ended up getting a full on bar handstand (~5 seconds or so) and the came down and I did a Front Giant!  Another shiny into my trophy bag :) 

Winslow Arizona - After I got back I did some hip focused stretching but I couldn't do much because I was just too pooped.

Muffler Man Statue - I spent most of the day yesterday in the kitchen making a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  Lots of food pron in the spoiler below

Spoiler

I cooked a turkey for the first time yesterday.  The flavor was great, but the meat was pretty tough.  Not sure what I did wrong, but probably either over cooked or under cooked it.  Or maybe cooked at too high or too low of a temperature.  Pretty sure it was one or more of those... :D   Definitely got the seasonings right, though :) 

24zGTOQ.jpg

The candied yams were great.  I learned my lesson from last year and pre-cooked the yams.  These were a big hit

RU0pNya.jpg

I forgot to take pictures of the rest of the dishes but I got a picture of the whole table spread 

nzdyFCC.jpg

eIfs1Xs.jpg

All together I made turkey with cranberry sauce, garlic mashed potatoes & gravy, dressing, candied yams, bacon peas, lemonade jello, pumpkin pie and coconut creme pie.  The jello has fruit and marshmallows in only half of it because I like stuff in my jello but Ghostlet doesn't - this is our compromise :) 

Also, can't forget a close up of the pie ;) 

r8igPrR.jpg

• Like 6

Level 2 Ninja

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Your thanksgiving dinner looks so good I took it upon myself to invite myself for next year, I hope that's ok. 

I'll save you a seat (2 if you're bringing TH) :)

• Thanks 1

Level 2 Ninja

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I was just going to do some swinging and ended up getting a full on bar handstand (~5 seconds or so) and the came down and I did a Front Giant!  Another shiny into my trophy bag :) 

YES!

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Your workouts are kinda crazy - so many different exercises!

Impressive cooking!

Haha, yeah.  I like doing a lot of different exercises rather than the same thing over and over again.  It not only keeps things interesting, but ensures I am not ignoring any peripheral muscles.  Mostly just for keeping myself from getting bored, though :D 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, @mu said:

YES!

I was totally surprised, because I wasn't even trying to make it happen :)  

3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Don't be hard on yourself about the turkey, it's notoriously difficult to get both the light and the dark meat correct. It all looks amazing.

Thanks, that's encouraging.  The light meat was actually pretty decent - it was the dark meat that was problematic.

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

Today was a good dayTM.  I got to 3 stops on my road trip:

Cadillac Ranch - I did my push workout at home this morning, but I was feeling kind of low energy so I only did about half of my usual reps.  Anything handstand related was really struggle bus and I just couldn't find my balance points.  Not too surprised given my lack of consistency, but I was a little disappointed.  I need to get upside down more.

Winslow Arizona - I did a nice long stretching session, and it felt really good.  It felt especially good to stretch out the muscles that are sore from yesterday's workout :) 

Muffler Man Statue - I ate very little yesterday (for me).  I had a protein shake for breakfast, a big plate of Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch and then some pie for a snack in the afternoon.  I skipped dinner because I just wasn't hungry.  

For those of you who recall in my last challenge there was a dispute with the local shops outside my complex, I have an update.  I was walking past them this afternoon and there was a bunch of new papers plastered all over the windows.  The ones plastered on the outside had multiple copies of a document stamped with the official chop of the Construction Ministry saying that the building were constructed illegally and violated a number of civil construction codes (each code violation was spelled out in the document) and said each building would be torn town by Nov 27.  On the inside of each window was the construction permit and inspection certificate both stamped with the official chop of the Construction Ministry.  I asked the workers at one of the restaurants if they were still going to be open next week but they have no idea.  One way or another, there is going to be another showdown next Tuesday, but it seems to me it is the Construction Ministry that has egg on their face.  

Image result for you got some splainin to do gif

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja