Jump to content

Salinger's seventeenth challenge!


Salinger

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Tobbe said:

 

Don't say that! It's not all about experience. Far from it! It's about being the right person for the position. If they realize that you'd be a good fit for the job I'm sure they'll realize you can learn whatever you need to handle the job. You'll do great!

 

Thanks Tobbe! Im going to send the application today i think xx

  • Like 1
Link to post

Morning all. 8am here, pretty cold as ever. 

 

No sales yesterday unfortunately. But i will keep promoting. Like i shared yesterday, i now have a blog.....for those of you who are clever and creative....what kind of posts could i do?? I want to do a blog post this morning but unsure what do write!!! Yesterday was more an introductory post, with a little bit on why i started to draw. HELP ME haha

 

Like i said to Tobbe, im going to make sure the application for that job is the best it can be, then send it off *gulp*

 

I went to bed mega early last night, 10pm, and slept all the way till 7am. Needed it massively. Was so so tired. Ate pretty ok yesterday, not enough calories for sure, but was ok. 

 

Today is Tuesday, so a week today is christmas day. Im sort of anxious about going home, no idea why.  i get on with my family...but the hating myself thing is rife with doubt. i feel ugly and in the way. :(  but i will do my best to get through that. 

 

I hope today is better than yesterday, i cant deal with another day like that!!! xx

  • Like 5
Link to post
1 hour ago, Salinger said:

 

Today is Tuesday, so a week today is christmas day. Im sort of anxious about going home, no idea why.  i get on with my family...but the hating myself thing is rife with doubt. i feel ugly and in the way. :(  but i will do my best to get through that. 

 

I'm actually dreading Christmas with my family :( 

  • Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

 

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

 

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Link to post

Hey, 2pm here, sat in coat with hat on. haha so cold. will make a nice cup of tea in a moment. 

 

I spoke to my housemate/landlord about the job. He says not to stress until i find out if i get an interview. Which is good advice, i may not even get an interview, and if i dont, things stay the same. So ill just apply, and wait to see if i get called to interview....but at least he is aware im applying....

 

Still not spoken about my inability to pay the full amount of rent :( im like £150 short. Gutted and scared :(

 

Its so dark here already....rain is coming. I took a nap and dreamt it snowed HAHAH so obsessed. Oh @shaar send some snow my way please :D 

 

Anyway. Feel alright, anxious of course but trying hard to get into the christmas spirit a bit...maybe ill wrap presents. But i had that in my diary to do it on Saturday! 

 

What a boring update x

  • Like 2
Link to post

Hello! 4.30pm -  fully DARK out now, rainy too. Ive shut the curtains and put the fire on, plus the fairy lights on the tree are all lit up. 

 

I did a little reading, 40 minutes of my book. Waiting for Godot by Beckett. Its very good. Strange as hell, but very good!!

 

Found out a guy i used to 'see' (what i mean is, we met every few months, got drunk, smoked pot, slept together) well found out he is moving in with his girlfriend in the new year. *sigh* we are just friends, and i dont want to be with him, but its still a bit sad to me. Maybe if i was better looking i would have a partner! Oh well. 

 

I also did a short vlog for you all......look at my goofy teeth ! HAHAHAhA

 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post

I liked your vlog post very much.  Do keep taking care of yourself.  It's awesome that you have a friend who will help you with your application.  :-) 

  • Like 1

  Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Link to post

I love that you feel the need to explain who Harry Kane is. :P

Everyone with even a passing knowledge of football knows who he is, and others don't care. :D

 

 

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

Maybe if i was better looking i would have a partner!

Don't sell yourself short with remarks like this!

James-Blunt-Youre-Beautiful-Gif.gif

  • Like 1

Active challenges: Improve Ankle Mobility | Walk to Mordor and Back Again | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP

2021 threads: Respawn | Challenge V | VI

2018-19 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV

Link to post
13 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

I love that you feel the need to explain who Harry Kane is. :P

Everyone with even a passing knowledge of football knows who he is, and others don't care. :D

 

 

Don't sell yourself short with remarks like this!

James-Blunt-Youre-Beautiful-Gif.gif

 

Sal needs to tape this to her bathroom mirror :)

  • Like 1

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.

Link to post
4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Found out a guy i used to 'see' (what i mean is, we met every few months, got drunk, smoked pot, slept together) well found out he is moving in with his girlfriend in the new year. *sigh* we are just friends, and i dont want to be with him, but its still a bit sad to me. Maybe if i was better looking i would have a partner! Oh well. 

 

 

It's okay to be sad because you obviously want a relationship, but when it comes to long-term relationships, looks are like near the bottom of the list for most people. Above things like funny, smart, good chemistry etc. You are not out there begging for people to date you, you are out there looking for people that might fit you. It's not a job interview or a hand out.

 

I would say you need to first get to a place where you're not battling your brain all the time, and the unhealthy coping mechanisms are a bit subdued.

 

Crying is yes a release mechanism. And it's actually good that you're crying, my go to for many years was 'hold it in and in and in and in and then explode in shouting or sobbing fits because your towel fell on the ground' and that is just, not a good way to live. It's good you're in touch with your emotions. And you're doing things despite them.

 

And your 'I can't draw so I use my left hand' made me laugh cause girl, girl, I can't draw that with my right hand! 

  • Like 3

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

Link to post
11 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I liked your vlog post very much.  Do keep taking care of yourself.  It's awesome that you have a friend who will help you with your application.  :-) 

 

Thanks Cheetah!! Yes im really lucky to have such amazing friends around me x

 

11 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

I love that you feel the need to explain who Harry Kane is. :P

Everyone with even a passing knowledge of football knows who he is, and others don't care. :D

 

 

Don't sell yourself short with remarks like this!

 

 

heheeh i wondered if the non English would know ;) hahahaah

 

And thanks TM, thats real kind of you xx

 

11 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

 

Sal needs to tape this to her bathroom mirror :)

 

HAHA DC, maybe i will :P x

 

10 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

 

It's okay to be sad because you obviously want a relationship, but when it comes to long-term relationships, looks are like near the bottom of the list for most people. Above things like funny, smart, good chemistry etc. You are not out there begging for people to date you, you are out there looking for people that might fit you. It's not a job interview or a hand out.

 

I would say you need to first get to a place where you're not battling your brain all the time, and the unhealthy coping mechanisms are a bit subdued.

 

Crying is yes a release mechanism. And it's actually good that you're crying, my go to for many years was 'hold it in and in and in and in and then explode in shouting or sobbing fits because your towel fell on the ground' and that is just, not a good way to live. It's good you're in touch with your emotions. And you're doing things despite them.

 

And your 'I can't draw so I use my left hand' made me laugh cause girl, girl, I can't draw that with my right hand! 

 

Hey Echo, yes i definitely need to work on myself before i get in a relationship. Im ok with that. 

 

hehe thanks!!!!! xx

  • Like 2
Link to post

Morning all. 8am. dark, rainy, cold. Great :P 

 

I have a bit to do today like apply for the job, the application is now done, a bit more was added/edited. Also go to the post office, do some drawings, promotion of the shop, sound art stuff....also take time to heal, self care, read, meditate. Will do my best. 

 

Ste is off today, and i sometimes find it hard to work when he is home! Because having someone in the house is distracting. But usually either i will work in my room or he hangs out in his room and i work downstairs so its fine really. 

 

I hope i manage to sell something today. My rent is due tomorrow and im £150 short. I havent yet told Ste, im too scared to, but of course, i am going to have to tell him. He will prob kick me out. :(

 

I cant get another pay day loan, i already have two which are killing me. Ugh. ... Need a solution and QUICK. 

 

x

Link to post

HELLO .  it is 2.30pm. The main postmas hasnt been yet but im waiting for a print my word, when will he arrive?! I need a print to arrive so i can send it today as its last post before Christmas :(

 

But the secondary postman HAS been and delivered a tshirt, i made it through a commission for some guy. It is Holger Czukay, from the German experimental rock band - Can. 

 

48428074_590292884744346_8547065295057977344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=54df64b64b815f9b8d54d81bad7c6912&oe=5CD57167

 

Pretty pleased with it, looks cool dont ya think??? Hope he will be happy with it anyway! I will wait another hour before heading  to the post office to send this one out. 

 

What else? Erm ive drank a million cups of tea. I had some cereal (bran flakes) I cant decide what to eat tonight... any ideas?? :)

 

I drew Richarlison from Everton...people seem to like it. No more sales today though booooo. Just trying not to panic about it. STILL not told my housemate about rent issues, but he is chilling in his room...ill have to later :(

 

Also i have decided to re apply for funding. Maybe a stupid idea?? But i will do it. My friend has already read and given feedback, and ive asked another artist friend to do the same. SO im getting advice. Basically first friends advice was 'its a bloody great application but needs more buzz words, more pandering to the reader type thing' ....

 

Ok better get on with things - here is me. smiling at you all....

 

48408993_313493072593628_8409682382319255552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=5fff63463350c98615e753686ae7205d&oe=5CA1F66F

 

 

xx

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post

Ahhhhh your selfie! I must say again you really do have such a good smile, you seem to sparkle in this picture.

 

Sal Sal Sal i'm so glad you've been getting these commissions and such! Quite honestly very impressed with your work!

 

Also, it seems to me that re-applying for funding really can't do any damage, can it? A rejection would suck but wouldn't be taking anything away from you, but there's always that chance of approval, and that could give you something? If i understand correctly the only potential outcomes would be nothing happening, or something good happening. Your call of course but it seems worth the shot to me.

 

 

  • Like 1

Matthew 25:34-40

Link to post
1 minute ago, Miaulin said:

Ahhhhh your selfie! I must say again you really do have such a good smile, you seem to sparkle in this picture.

 

Sal Sal Sal i'm so glad you've been getting these commissions and such! Quite honestly very impressed with your work!

 

Also, it seems to me that re-applying for funding really can't do any damage, can it? A rejection would suck but wouldn't be taking anything away from you, but there's always that chance of approval, and that could give you something? If i understand correctly the only potential outcomes would be nothing happening, or something good happening. Your call of course but it seems worth the shot to me.

 

 

 

Thanks Mia <3 lovely of you. 

 

Yes if its another rejection then nothing happens really, i can just apply again and keep going till its accepted. I KNOW the work is good enough, i KNOW the project is good enough. Its just about articulating that the way they want!!! xx

  • Like 2
Link to post
5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Yes if its another rejection then nothing happens really, i can just apply again and keep going till its accepted. I KNOW the work is good enough, i KNOW the project is good enough. Its just about articulating that the way they want!!! xx

 

THIS IS SO GOOD RIGHT HERE

 

Also I agree with your vlog that it's all Capitalist bullshit and they can take their buzzwords and cram them where the sun don't shine

  • Haha 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Link to post
13 hours ago, shaar said:

 

THIS IS SO GOOD RIGHT HERE

 

Also I agree with your vlog that it's all Capitalist bullshit and they can take their buzzwords and cram them where the sun don't shine

 

Hey Shaar, morning. Great to see you around again, missed you!

 

Thanks, yes, id like to do that also....the BASTARDS. 

Link to post

MORNING all....hope everyone is doing ok. 

 

Thursday 20th December, 10am....wow in 4 days ill be heading back to my parents. So anxious. Why though? WHY? haha

 

Cant believe its Christmas, doesnt feel like it at all. But i recon when i get home, i will feel a bit more in the spirit of things. I guess being depressed doesnt help matters!

 

It is rent day, im £150 short, i havent told my landlord, im terrified about how he will react :( ill HAVE to say something...just hope he doesnt get pissed off. 

 

Yesterday evening, i wrote a blog post.... https://lefthandlizz.wordpress.com/blog/ its sort of sad, but also has a bit of hope in there. I sent it to @SkyGirl who gave me some lovely feedback <3 please take a read, its nice and short!!

 

One sale over the past two days eeek. Not great at all. But will try to keep promotion up and stuff i guess. 

 

Today i have work to do, funding shite, as well as therapy, and post office duties. 

 

Will try to keep calm, not panic, and be kinder to myself xx

  • Like 2
Link to post
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines