• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's seventeenth challenge!

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

I HAVE to get my hair cut. My parents will comment otherwise, because its a big fucking mess at the moment :(

Didn't you cut your hair yourself last time? And IIRC you did a pretty good job of it too!

17 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

On another note, quiet exercise like running, walking, biking, whatever, can be very meditative.

This is so true! I love a quite walk to let my thoughts wander when I need that. Or to let my thoughts focus on a specific issue, if that's what I need

12 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

Didn't you cut your hair yourself last time? And IIRC you did a pretty good job of it too!

Thanks! I did! But I need a professional to do it really. I’ll promote my shop like mad and hope I get a sale or two over the weekend!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

This is so true! I love a quite walk to let my thoughts wander when I need that. Or to let my thoughts focus on a specific issue, if that's what I need

Yes when I went on that walk last week it was lovely x

• Like 1

4.45pm. 

Football has ruined Christmas. hahaha i hate it SO much. I hate that it affects me so much too. Bastards. The lot of them. 

Anyway. Ive wrapped pressies, ive put the fire on, ive done a big clothes wash, and hung them up to dry, ive got a banging headache, probably too much sugar, not enough water. And stress, major stress. Ughhhhh. 

I looked for some hair styles and i think im going for a bit of a change on Monday. We shall see how stupid im feeling in the morning. 

im utterly exhausted today BUT im going to try and relax and just enjoy the festive period. Its hard though with my brain being a piece of shit lately. 

xx

Hey. Christmas eve EVE. not doing much today, watch the football (everton will lose for sure) then pack for tomorrow. Make sure presents fit into my suitcase. Drink loads of tea, MAYBE have a couple of beers whilst watching the football. 

Tonight, ill give Ste his present, i hope he likes it!!!!! 

Im a  bit anxious about getting home.............ugh. Wish i wasnt. 

Anyway hope you are all ok xx

• Like 1

Hi, merry christmas eve.....

Today, in 3 and a bit hours ill go get my hair cut, and then get the train back to my parents house. Struggling with paying for that as its all  i have in my bank, but its necessity. :( anyway...merry fucking christmas and all that. 

I still dont know HOW i want my hair. Will decide when i get there i guess. 

Its bloody cold, im literally wrapped up, sat on the sofa. haha At least at my parents house there will be two woodburner fires lit at all times :D

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Merry Christmas

hopefully today seems a little better!  I know you're up against tough challenges but we believe in you.  have you been able to feel a little better the last few days?

I saw the post about football. ha.  sorry I'm NOT sure I can understand it TOO well. I don't root for sports teams, but I guess them losing is a bit of the downside from the thrill of victory. is it a tiny bit of relief from life, though, that no matter how badly (or well) your sports team does- it doesn't really change your life very much?

:curious

on this side of the Pond, I've Heard NOTHING about (American) football; this then  Prolly means the local team (the Pittsburgh Stealers) isn't doing well and won't be going to the Superbowl. (which is the top game of American football).

when THAT happens I just don't end up hearing much.   

nobody wants to chat on and on (to a non-fan) about a favorite sports team , when they are losing.

ofc, If I am WRONG. it might mean Only that I'm too antisocial, don't talk to too many people, and I've missed the excitement.  that's possible.

Thanks for the well wishes :)

TGP - football hmmm I think it definitely does affect my life. If we win good then I’m happier and focused and if we lose badly I do tend to feel pretty awful for a couple of days !! It’s silly really and I shouldn’t let it affect me as much as it does.

but I’ve been going the game since I was young and it’s been drilled into me really from my family. It’s emotional yeah one way or the other!!

today we won 5-1 though yay. :D

Its been ok at my parents, I had a wobble yesterday and this morning though. Just feelings of being a failure and not normal. Im

very different from my mum dad and sister. My sister fits in much better than I do. 

Im weird, a feminist, bisexual, mental, artist, I care about refugees, I care about the homeless, I actively get involved in politics, I think women should have equal pay and don’t need a

fucking man to be happy... etc 

anyway i I shouldn’t moan or bitch because I’m lucky they love me...

still not sure what I’m doing for New Year’s Eve..... bit panicked as time runs out....?! 

Hooe everyone is great xx

• Like 3

A great Answer!

then.

as for your team!  congrats!!! you need something to cheer about.

I love this....

34 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Im weird, a feminist, bisexual, mental, artist, I care about refugees, I care about the homeless, I actively get involved in politics, I think women should have equal pay and don’t need a

fucking man to be happy... etc 

I love how you share who you are and I love how much you give to other people here on the forums

certainly an inspiration! 

myself. 

I think I'm just a wannabe hermit.  Too  antisocial for my own good!

NOW, re-reading that a little....  don't get too all upset at my gender!  we're not all THAT bad.  some of are half polite and pleasant.

Here in Pennsylvania (for example), I think we guys are about half toilet trained, and we've almost mastered the art of not belching/farting in polite company.   Ha!

and anyways more seriously. happiness always comes (when it comes) from within.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im home, got back around 2.30pm, fell asleep eeek. Laid in my bed with Jackson, next minute, its 4pm haha. Had some pizza for dinner just now, full UP. 

Oh and im meant to be going to Liverpool tomorrow but i have barely any money and to be honest, im not that excited about going. Im meant to be meeting my friend from Italy, ive not seen her since my birthday (remember she called me fat) we speak all the time over messenger but not been face to face since. 

I have to travel and the trains arent reliable. And reallly, i want a day on my own doing nothing. Ughhhhhh dont know what to do. 

Anyway, i hope the new boards go up soon :) not long to wait though!

• Like 2

I really despise these days between Christmas and NYE...i feel lost! I want to get back working but no one will be responding to emails or anything till after NYE...ugh bloody hell. 

I just need to relax i guess. Doesnt help that we are in the dregs of this challenge and im chomping at the bit to start a new one! haha. 

Not sure if i will go to meet my friend in Liverpool...i duno what to do :( maybe ill just ave a cup of tea and a bacon butty. HA x

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

I really despise these days between Christmas and NYE...i feel lost! I want to get back working but no one will be responding to emails or anything till after NYE...ugh bloody hell. 

I just need to relax i guess. Doesnt help that we are in the dregs of this challenge and im chomping at the bit to start a new one! haha. 

Not sure if i will go to meet my friend in Liverpool...i duno what to do :( maybe ill just ave a cup of tea and a bacon butty. HA x

After her behavior, I’d make her come to you.  If you truely want to see her, that is.  There was no excuse for her behavior.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rinna said:

After her behavior, I’d make her come to you.  If you truely want to see her, that is.  There was no excuse for her behavior.

Hoo boy howdy if this isn't a MOOD.  She wants to see you, she'll come to you.  See how much she truly values you...

I'm glad you survived the holiday!!! <33

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rinna said:

26 minutes ago, shaar said:

Hoo boy howdy if this isn't a MOOD.  She wants to see you, she'll come to you.  See how much she truly values you...

I'm glad you survived the holiday!!! <33

Dont think im going to see her, just cos its later now and i have another headache and feel sick. You are both right too. But hey ho.....

Thanks guys x

Ugh well i dropped my FUCKING PHONE IN THE SINK :( kill me now. I cant afford a new one at ALL. Its in a bag of rice right now, ill leave it there till tonight and hope so much it helps. For fuck sake, i was trying to get Jackson off the side and i dropped it in the dish water. Ugh. woe is me. 

i feel so sorry for myself!! My head is banging. Im tired and weepy, i feel sick, i dont know if i am hungry or not, i have no money, i want to get drunk, im bored. 

I did finish a proposal and send it off though (for a show next year)

Maybe ill get some water and have some paracetomol. The buses are shite or non existent at the moment so i feel i cant even get anywhere like town to walk around or see a friend. Im meant to be meeting a different friend tomorrow, but in Manchester. She says she will buy me lunch. Which is nice of her. Im so isolating myself though, i feel ive had so much human contact i need to stew in my own sorrow for a bit. Like an idiot. Getting out will probably do me good. 

But i dont have a phone now :( aaaaghhhhhhhhhh. I could cry so much i feel lost and hopeless. 

Maybe ill sleep a bit? x

• Sad 2

If a friend doesn't treat you the way a friend should be treating you, the relationship should be reexamined, especially if the treatment is "be nice". 

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

She says she will buy me lunch. Which is nice of her. Im so isolating myself though, i feel ive had so much human contact i need to stew in my own sorrow for a bit. Like an idiot. Getting out will probably do me good. 

Lunch is good. Bright and easy.

I'm sorry life is beating you over the head this year. :( I can only give you a virtual hug. 

giphy.webp

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Echoceanic said:

If a friend doesn't treat you the way a friend should be treating you, the relationship should be reexamined, especially if the treatment is "be nice". 

It is a bit complicated relationship. we have major ups and downs. Both kind of mental, which can be hard on both of us.

2 minutes ago, Echoceanic said:

Lunch is good. Bright and easy.

I'm sorry life is beating you over the head this year. :( I can only give you a virtual hug. 

Yes looking forward to seeing her, she is studying in Edinburgh so i dont see her much these days :(  so it will be really nice im sure!

Thanks for the hug Echo xx

• Like 2

Hey all, really fucking bored and anxious and sad and annoyed. Football making me want to jump off bridges again. I have a banging headache, im so bored. No one is able to work with me, no emails etc till Wednesday probably. Cant wait to get back to work. I feel very much in limbo at the moment. Which is annoying as hell. 

Like i say, my head hurts, i feel quite sick as well. 

I did have a nice lunch with my friend, was great to see her. Its 6pm now, i could go to bed already hahahaha x

• Like 2