• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's seventeenth challenge!

Hey all AGAIN!!!!! 6.30pm. Just had a lovely chicken dinner. lots of veggies....

46506265_667064870354602_5777657682378883072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=c26e84c8a08a6d693adbfb658ce6f885&oe=5C7AAD68

mmmmm KALE....

Full now, glass of water to wash it down. Listening to music of course and will do the washing up in a moment. Ive been asked out tmoro, there is an art show AND a gig on. I dont know what to do really. If i should go or stay home?! Part of me wants to stay at home because i have the doctors at 10am on Friday morning and if im out drinking, then i risk not going to the doctors. Hmmmmm....But i dont want to let my mates down, the art show is a friends exhibition. and another friend is in the gig....

Ive done so well this week guys, ok no gym done, but ive taken my meds every day, had therapy, sorted my bike out, drank enough water, enjoyed myself, wrote a bit and read a little. 

Need to do more reading really, need to meditate daily, and exercise. But im slowly getting into a better place. x

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arkania said:

But the rest of Oomph songs is.... hm... :D

"Augen auf" has... interesting lyrics :D:D

(But also are Rammstein's lyrics... ;) )

(maaan, there are a lot of emojis in this post....)

h447582A5

I love Oomph!. More than Rammstein. Although my Top 300 shows differently with only 2 Oomph! songs and 5 Rammstein ones. :D

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

mmmmm KALE....

I had to look up what this was. :P

Not even sure I've ever eaten it. :o 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

tmoro

Could you go out for a bit as a show of support, but not drink and go home early enough to get some sleep and be ready for the doctors Friday?

Also, I think your friends will understand if you can't make the show because you need to get to the doctors.  If they're any kind of friends worth having, anyway.

• Like 2

KALE. YES. So good in so many applications! That in your picture looks perfect :D

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

Ive done so well this week guys

it's so good to see you acknowledging how well you've done!

Seconding what Cheetah said, theoretically you could do both things?

12 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I'm not sure many people like kale :) (I do though, I eat it all the time). 

Yeahhhh Kale buddies haha :D 

9 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Could you go out for a bit as a show of support, but not drink and go home early enough to get some sleep and be ready for the doctors Friday?

Also, I think your friends will understand if you can't make the show because you need to get to the doctors.  If they're any kind of friends worth having, anyway.

If i am around alcohol, ill drink. I know i will...Im pathetic !! So thats not really an option at the moment. :(

8 hours ago, Miaulin said:

it's so good to see you acknowledging how well you've done!

Seconding what Cheetah said, theoretically you could do both things?

Thanks Mia!

And i dont think i can go and stay sober. Well i know i cant. Ill say just one, then at 4am ill roll home. 

Still not decided what to do really.....

Morning all its 9.30am! bloody COLD this morning, i usually love the winter, but i must admit, i got a pang of missing summer when i woke up. Just the ability to have my morning tea in the garden under the warm sun. mmmmmm. But alas, its winter now, and i will just have to adjust. The evenings are great, i love the dark nights and the fire being on and the fairy lights....getting home or getting into a pub and thawing out haha

Anyway...want to work on my sound piece today, and some designs for the tape sleeves. Also some writing. 

And i do want to try and get to the gym...need to just get this first one out of the way i think. Im terrified to go, and i need to get over it and just walk in and do my thing. I know the first one will be worst/hardest. But all this self doubt and negative thoughts is stopping me...

Andddd need to decide about tonight. ugh. stress. 

Ok im off to get another cuppa!! :D xx

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Morning all its 9.30am! bloody COLD this morning, i usually love the winter, but i must admit, i got a pang of missing summer when i woke up. Just the ability to have my morning tea in the garden under the warm sun. mmmmmm. But alas, its winter now, and i will just have to adjust. The evenings are great, i love the dark nights and the fire being on and the fairy lights....getting home or getting into a pub and thawing out haha

Anyway...want to work on my sound piece today, and some designs for the tape sleeves. Also some writing. 

And i do want to try and get to the gym...need to just get this first one out of the way i think. Im terrified to go, and i need to get over it and just walk in and do my thing. I know the first one will be worst/hardest. But all this self doubt and negative thoughts is stopping me...

Andddd need to decide about tonight. ugh. stress. 

Ok im off to get another cuppa!! :D xx

The best thing anyone can do for themselves is work toward their goals.  You're doing a good job this challenge.  What can you do tonight that will continue that good work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Morning all its 9.30am! bloody COLD this morning, i usually love the winter, but i must admit, i got a pang of missing summer when i woke up.

I hate winter. It's cold, it's dark. It's dead. I hate autumn because it leads to winter. Everything is dying and decaying :( We've hardly started and I'm already longing for Spring. The smell of spring is the smell of life returning. 

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Come on you can do it! Same as me, you just need to get the first one done. Put on some music and just rush in. Don't give yourself chance to not do it. I believe in you! 

If you know that if you go out, you're going to drink more than you want to and feel guilty about it..... I think in your heart you already know the choice you should make.  Remember that when it comes to your health and well being and personal growth it's very, very okay to be selfish.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

If i am around alcohol, ill drink. I know i will...Im pathetic !! So thats not really an option at the moment. :(

*shakes pom poms at you* Not! Pathetic! At All! What you're doing right now is recognizing your limits, and that? is a good thing! It would be easy to just tell yourself, and all of us that yeah, you can totally go out and not drink or have just one, even if you know that, right now, that isn't true. But you're not doing that. You're being honest with yourself. There's no shame in knowing how much temptation you can handle, Sal, in fact it's a brave thing to own up to.

there may well come a point where you will be able to have just one drink or turn it down altogether when presented with it, but if that time isn't right now and you know as much, recognizing that fact and doing what you can to keep yourself moving forward is a stride in the right direction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

The best thing anyone can do for themselves is work toward their goals.  You're doing a good job this challenge.  What can you do tonight that will continue that good work.

Good point Cheetah thanks x

2 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I hate winter. It's cold, it's dark. It's dead. I hate autumn because it leads to winter. Everything is dying and decaying :( We've hardly started and I'm already longing for Spring. The smell of spring is the smell of life returning. 

I like the build up to Christmas, and the new year, but this year im not adjusting to the cold very well!! x

1 hour ago, shaar said:

If you know that if you go out, you're going to drink more than you want to and feel guilty about it..... I think in your heart you already know the choice you should make.  Remember that when it comes to your health and well being and personal growth it's very, very okay to be selfish.

Thank you Shaar x 

1 hour ago, Miaulin said:

*shakes pom poms at you* Not! Pathetic! At All! What you're doing right now is recognizing your limits, and that? is a good thing! It would be easy to just tell yourself, and all of us that yeah, you can totally go out and not drink or have just one, even if you know that, right now, that isn't true. But you're not doing that. You're being honest with yourself. There's no shame in knowing how much temptation you can handle, Sal, in fact it's a brave thing to own up to.

there may well come a point where you will be able to have just one drink or turn it down altogether when presented with it, but if that time isn't right now and you know as much, recognizing that fact and doing what you can to keep yourself moving forward is a stride in the right direction.

Thanks so much Mia!! x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Salinger said:

I like the build up to Christmas, and the new year, but this year im not adjusting to the cold very well!! x

I'd enjoy it a lot more if it were in the summer ;) Besides I'm working over New Year this year :( 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Come on you can do it! Same as me, you just need to get the first one done. Put on some music and just rush in. Don't give yourself chance to not do it. I believe in you! 

Thanks Jon!! I went!

Around midday, i just put my trainers on, looked outside and pouring with rain :( so instead of cycling, i jumped on a bus (the stop is right outside my house) i got on before i could use the rain as an excuse to not go...

Id love to say it was a miraculous session but in reality, i walked around looking lost, did some squats and leg press, couldnt find the lat pull down, went on the treadmill for 30 minutes then left to catch a bus home. 

It felt hard and tiring on the treadmill, my fitness being very low. I put it on an incline and walked very fast for 20 mins, then cool down for 10 mins on the flat. BUT i went....thats surely the main thing right now? 

On the way home i really wanted pizza, *ffs i mean im on the way back from the gym haha* even going on the takeout menu on my phone to see how much it would it.... *eye roll* 

Instead i got off the bus, and went to a sandwich shop, got a ham salad sandwich then jumped on another bus home. I feel good about that decision!!!

Again, got off a little early to walk longer. The rain is still coming down. But its ok to get wet when im nearly home. 

Anyway, so right now i have a cup of tea, the fire is on,  and its warming up nicely.

Now about tonight...yes you guys are correct and i need to listen to myself, going out isnt BAD or WRONG, but i need to make better decisions and if i have the doctors at 10am, then i need to make sure i get there!!! So i will stay home tonight....

Thanks for all your advice ! xx

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Thanks Jon!! I went!

Around midday, i just put my trainers on, looked outside and pouring with rain :( so instead of cycling, i jumped on a bus (the stop is right outside my house) i got on before i could use the rain as an excuse to not go...

Id love to say it was a miraculous session but in reality, i walked around looking lost, did some squats and leg press, couldnt find the lat pull down, went on the treadmill for 30 minutes then left to catch a bus home. 

It didn't need to be miraculous it just needed to happen! I'm really proud of you! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Good job getting to the gym!  I support your plan of staying in tonight.  Happy Thanksgiving!  :-D

Thanks a lot Cheetah :) Happy thanksgiving to you too!!! x

Hey all 8pm. Getting pangs of wishing i was out drinking, trying to just keep relaxed though. I made a lovely dinner, pork chop with sweet potato and kale. ANd made a balsamic glaze too mmmmm

46508417_2327409610634670_7321121439384338432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=91b0b41e152312700683360a5f28a013&oe=5CACC8E9

It was yummy!!!! And better than pizza im sure ;) 

Just listening to music and chilling out (trying to) Will do a bit of work probably to keep distracted. x

• Like 4

Hey all, midnight here. Should go to bed soon realy but not tired! Feeling a bit angsty. Wanting booze, drugs, the usual. Oh well. Trying really hard to not feel bad about myself. 

Just needed to vent i guess!!! x

• Like 2

Sal...Sal...friend...buddy...my dude...your cooking...your food always looks so good...those sweet potatoes are exactly the thing. those kales. wow. so so nice, i can almost smell that picture :lol:

anD HEY

10 hours ago, Salinger said:

I went!

tenor.gif?itemid=7380308

GOOD FOR YOU YOU CLEARED THE HURDLE !!
your whole post is so full of good stuff tbh i mean
went to the gym. made some amazing tasties. got off the bus early to walk part of the way home? stayed home instead of going out?
that's a lot of victories mon amie and i hope you take a minute to feel proud of yourself for them!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Salinger said:

It felt hard and tiring on the treadmill, my fitness being very low. I put it on an incline and walked very fast for 20 mins, then cool down for 10 mins on the flat. BUT i went....thats surely the main thing right now? 

squats, leg press and 30 mins treadmill sounds like a good leg day to me! Well done!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RES said:

You can do this! Just think of how good you'll feel in the morning

Oh, and following!

Thanks RES, great to have you here!!!!

8 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Sal...Sal...friend...buddy...my dude...your cooking...your food always looks so good...those sweet potatoes are exactly the thing. those kales. wow. so so nice, i can almost smell that picture :lol:

anD HEY

GOOD FOR YOU YOU CLEARED THE HURDLE !!
your whole post is so full of good stuff tbh i mean
went to the gym. made some amazing tasties. got off the bus early to walk part of the way home? stayed home instead of going out?
that's a lot of victories mon amie and i hope you take a minute to feel proud of yourself for them!

Hey Mia!!! haha thanks about my cooking, it was very yummy! 

And thank you thank you yes i should be proud of myself :)

18 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

squats, leg press and 30 mins treadmill sounds like a good leg day to me! Well done!

ooh ok thanks Charlie!!! Maybe its ok.... i guess i always feel i should do MORE. x

• Like 1