Salinger's seventeenth challenge!

Salinger

Sometimes you need silence. It's okay to need it. I'm glad you're doing okay.

Your voice is adorable btw. :D 

• Like 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

1 hour ago, shaar said:

Can confirm, is frickin' COLD here too!!  I put the fire on first thing this morning!  My car is covered in frost... ugghh!  Winter really is a thing, huh. Siigghh...

I hope your appointment goes well!  Let us know yeah?

I totally, totally, totally get the thing about meeting friends.  I'm the kind of person that makes plans ok, but then as it draws nearer I just... don't want to.  And it's not even really for any of the same reasons, I guess?  I'd just rather stay home in my own space and relax and watch trash TV in my sweatpants??  It's comfier, and especially after a long day of mental struggling the last thing I want to do is expend that effort to be social face to face... I know that probably sounds bad??  But it's a real feel for sure!

Hey Shaar.... it doesnt sound bad at all... if thats how you feel then OWN that feeling and be comfortable with it :)

I think if im alone TOO much, i get the head panic, i start to hallucinate more, and generally can become one of those strange isolated arty type freak haha talking to myself and crawling the walls.... :o its good for me to see friends and make an effort to dress up, put some lipstick on and my hoop earrings , you know?!

Anyway, im staying home. Ive just been to the post office and the shops, im now home, the fire is on, my music is on, i have some chicken and crusty bread for a nice sandwich later with salad....ill maybe regret it, or get restless later on when im thinking i could be boozing...but ive made my decision. 

Therapy went REALLY well again. He is so fucking amazing, seriously. We spoke about my little drinking problem a bit. Talked about meditation. Talked about some childhood stuff, for the first time EVER in therapy (and ive had a LOT of therapy) i actually cried a little bit. Maybe i realise some things that happened where not my fault?! He told me to go to my self as a younger me, and what would i do or say..... i said i would say, it gets harder from here so enjoy  yourself, but also, you will survive. You will become an adult and you will do good things and have a lot of friends and people who love you. I just started crying :( but anyway, im getting a little emotional right now actually haha. 

So yeah... it was good. Thanks for asking Shaar xxx

1 hour ago, Echoceanic said:

Sometimes you need silence. It's okay to need it. I'm glad you're doing okay.

Your voice is adorable btw. :D 

Thanks Echo, and thank you about my voice hehehehe :) xxx

• Like 4

Glad to hear the day is going well.

You know "I'm broke" is the best excuse ever for not going out drinking if you don't want to share what you're going through with everyone.

I get the conflict though - having people around you can definitely be warm and positive. It's great you're thinking all this through. Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.

Your vlog made me smile. I’m glad you are doing ok today Lizz and I really like your drawing!  

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Had to laugh at all the notifications I was getting for this thread as I was trying to catch up and read it :lol: have to wait till I get home to listen to the vLog though.

Good on you for making good choices and sticking with them...I've used the "I'm broke" excuse more than once (mostly because more often than not it's true) 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

19 minutes ago, RES said:

Had to laugh at all the notifications I was getting for this thread as I was trying to catch up and read it :lol: have to wait till I get home to listen to the vLog though.

Good on you for making good choices and sticking with them...I've used the "I'm broke" excuse more than once (mostly because more often than not it's true) 

Hope you like the vlog HAHA :D 

Thank you RES for your support <3 

GUYS, i have two more commissions, wow..... Lydia Lunch and Paul McCartney! I have had to start a list, 9 in total, done 4 of them.... crazy! xx

• Like 5

Your pic of the ducks reminfded me of our visit to the UK many moons ago. (25 years). Our friends took us to Oxford (I think) to a tea shop and to feed ducks somewhere.  Only they didn’t tell us they were psycho ducks,  oh yeah and there were like five million billion psycho ducks.  They laughed their asses off.  I am now mildly terrified of ducks.

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

On 12/10/2018 at 2:54 PM, Salinger said:

Hey guys so @shaar and @SkyGirl have inspired me to do a little vlog myself, mainly as its nice to actually TALK out loud to somebody today, ive been sleeping a lot and generally not happy. 

I just showed the illustration to the client and he loves it, so thats great, that has made me happier. 

Hope you dont mind the non made up, bloaty face .......

Your beautiful sal!

very cool.

and I love the drawing... you know what you should do?

you should draw for us.  it would be so cool to watch you draw.  Except for the Piano music, I haven't done any art in forever.

I think I've forgotten HOW to draw. LOL

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

10 hours ago, TGP said:

Your beautiful sal!

very cool.

and I love the drawing... you know what you should do?

you should draw for us.  it would be so cool to watch you draw.  Except for the Piano music, I haven't done any art in forever.

I think I've forgotten HOW to draw. LOL

Wow thank you TGP! <3 

Yeah cool idea - i wonder if my phone has enough memory to do that!

I cant draw really, so i use my left hand! Try doing some with your eyes closed too.... so fun!! xx

8 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Oh wow. You sound like someone off the telly.

HAHA who?! Hope you are ok Sloth <3 xx

• Like 1

Morning all, its 10.10am!!! FREEZING. Oh and we are forecast some snow on Saturday which im so excited about. 

I have a nice cup of tea, and although im really tired, im trying to focus on the work i have to do. 

Also i will be putting the tree up today eeeeeek how exciting!!!! ill get photos for you :)

I wonder if i will hear about the funding today?? *GULP* i feel so sick about it....so anxious. Maybe i need a Plan B incase its rejected??? 

Anyway. I will know in about 3 days for definite. FUCK....

xx

• Like 1

Just caught up. Oh wow Lizz, I loved your vlog. You have a very lovely voice. I'm so happy to hear that your therapy is helping and that you're finding joy in your art. 

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

I wonder if i will hear about the funding today?? *GULP* i feel so sick about it....so anxious. Maybe i need a Plan B incase its rejected??? 

Anyway. I will know in about 3 days for definite. FUCK....

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

25 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Just caught up. Oh wow Lizz, I loved your vlog. You have a very lovely voice. I'm so happy to hear that your therapy is helping and that you're finding joy in your art. 

Thank you Charlie!!! Its funny, i hate my voice, but you have all mentioned it being nice!! Yes therapy is brilliant at the moment, and im really enjoying drawing for people :)

26 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks! I need all the luck i can get hahah xx

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Thank you Charlie!!! Its funny, i hate my voice, but you have all mentioned it being nice!! Yes therapy is brilliant at the moment, and im really enjoying drawing for people :)

You've got such a lovely voice. You shouldn't hate it! 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

TREE TREE TREE TREE ^________________^

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

3 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

You've got such a lovely voice. You shouldn't hate it! 

Well then you can listen again ;) hahahahaha

Hey all....4.30pm, been an OK day really so far, done more drawing, drank shit loads of tea.....and here is  little surprise for you!!!!!

And @deftona i mention you in here :)

Sorry about the awful face :o i should wear make up to do these ahhhahahahahahah bags under my eyes and double chins not a good look :P

• Like 3

TREE TREE TREE!!!!!!!!! IT CHANGES COLORRSSSS YES!!!

That fire is so cozy bless~

You look just fine, keep going!!  I'll probably do another one Friday maybe, we'll see how time goes..

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

XXLclry.jpg

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

I finally had a chance to watch the vlog - I love your drawing style! Very cool. And, yeah, like everyone else says, your voice is great. Everything looks so cozy!

• Like 2

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.

:o @Rurik Harrgath is that your kitty? SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

7 minutes ago, DaemonCorax said:

I finally had a chance to watch the vlog - I love your drawing style! Very cool. And, yeah, like everyone else says, your voice is great. Everything looks so cozy!

Thank you <3 it feels cosy too :)

Im getting well into the Christmas spirit...HAHAHA

48275381_2187831924569575_5844146898562187264_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=151509ff3d8680122233b671ee307be5&oe=5CAEC24A

• Like 6
9 hours ago, Salinger said:

VOLG 2

You're completely lovely, and I adore your tree.  :-)

If I could do an English accent I'd want to do yours.  Has it got a name?

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Love your Christmas tree and all the lights. And you look adorable. It is rather unnerving seeing yourself on video though. Whenever I post a video, I worry about how many wrinkles I have, or the bags under my eye, or that my tummy looks too big, agh the list could go on. I am trying to stop that negative talk to myself though. 

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

10 hours ago, Salinger said:

:o @Rurik Harrgath is that your kitty? SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Not mine, just a kitty who loves Christmas lights.

This is MY feline familiar/Rangerly animal companion though:

1dc50c19f8deabff8092bf5ee9bddcff.jpg

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

You're completely lovely, and I adore your tree.  :-)

If I could do an English accent I'd want to do yours.  Has it got a name?

AWWWW THANK YOU <3

Yes, i guess my accent is part Yorkshire, part Manchester. Other English people may say differently. But i think that describes it. I was born in Liverpool, moved to Yorkshire when 6, and lived in Manchester for 8 years now. And ive definitely picked up the 'Manc' accent. haha my family in Liverpool all say 'ewwww you sound Manc!!!' haha

xx

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Love your Christmas tree and all the lights. And you look adorable. It is rather unnerving seeing yourself on video though. Whenever I post a video, I worry about how many wrinkles I have, or the bags under my eye, or that my tummy looks too big, agh the list could go on. I am trying to stop that negative talk to myself though. 

THANK YOU EG!!!! How lovely of you. 

You look amazing on video, totally cool. Isnt it funny how we have these preconceptions of ourselves. Im glad you are working on the negative talk, i need to do the same! xx

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Not mine, just a kitty who loves Christmas lights.

This is MY feline familiar/Rangerly animal companion though:

Ahhhhh gorgeous. Looks a little like my old housemates cat, who i ended up caring for. A real trooper he was. Thanks so much for sharing a photo. You may or may not know, i have a tattoo of my cat hahaha xx

• Like 3