No registered users viewing this page.

woodandbronze

Choosing my Class and Continuing the Rebellion

Today's stats:

ROWING - 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 min pyramid at 35-40spm/1 min easy

WALK - 0:25:22 outdoors

TRAVEL - no research today

UKE - 45 min. practice

DIET - 1-2 glasses of water before meals, doubled on the veggies at dinner since my lunch didn't have any.

• Like 1

Today's stats:

WALK - 0:29:31 outdoors

ROWING - 5 x 1000m / 1 min. easy

BODYWEIGHT - Squats: 16/2, 15/1; Elevated pushups: 16/2, 15/1; 1-arm row (5 lbs): 16/2, 15/1; Farmer's walk: 40 sec./2, 35 sec./1

UKE - 45 min. practice

DIET - water before meals, veggies at lunch and have planned for dinner

• Like 1

Today's stats:

ROWING - 4 x 500m / 2 min. easy

WALK - 0:29:02 outdoors

BODYWEIGHT - Assisted lunge: 6/3; Inch worm: 6/3; Wall slide: 15/3; Side plank: 25 sec./3

UKE - 30 min. practice

DIET - water before meals, veggies at lunch and dinner

• Like 2

10 hours ago, annyshay said:

You are so consistent, Ambera Wave! Way to go!!!

Thank you so much! I've been working like a :devilish: on my self-discipline all year - haven't missed a meditation session yet ("don't break the chain"), I've flossed regularly (believe me, that's a big deal), etc. When I feel lazy, I remind myself that I've been much happier doing what I need to do first.

Today's stats:

ROWING - Stroke pyramid: 1,2,3...15...2,1 hard / 3 light

WALK - treadmill (ugh) 0:21:44

TRAVEL - research on Estremadura & Beiras

UKE - 30 min. practice

DIET - water before meals, veggies at lunch and dinner

• Like 2

Today's stats:

ROWING - 4 x 4 min / 2 min easy

WALK - treadmill 0:21:08

UKE - 30 min. practice

DIET - only had breakfast & a late lunch today. Drank water before each and only had veggies at lunch

• Like 2

Today's stats:

ROWING - day off

BODYWEIGHT - Squats: 16/3; Elevated pushups: 16/2, 15/1; 1-arm row (5 lbs): 16/2, 15/1; Farmer's walk: 40 sec./2, 35 sec./1

WALK - 0:24:25 outdoors

UKE - 30 min. practice

TRAVEL - browsing info on Andalucía, ES

DIET - maintained weight :)

- drank water before meals; meatless day - veggies at lunch & dinner

• Like 2

On 12/8/2018 at 9:52 PM, Ambera Wave said:

Thank you so much! I've been working like a :devilish: on my self-discipline all year - haven't missed a meditation session yet ("don't break the chain"), I've flossed regularly (believe me, that's a big deal), etc. When I feel lazy, I remind myself that I've been much happier doing what I need to do first.

... That's actually super amazing and inspiring. I feel like discipline is one of the hardest things to ever learn, but once you understand it, you become unstoppable. 

And you've done the Camino? It's one of the hikes that I'd love to go on one day (the list also includes the PCT, Te Araroa, and the Great Himalayan Trek), but where do you want to adventure in the future?

7 hours ago, Infinity.Creates said:

... That's actually super amazing and inspiring. I feel like discipline is one of the hardest things to ever learn, but once you understand it, you become unstoppable. 

And you've done the Camino? It's one of the hikes that I'd love to go on one day (the list also includes the PCT, Te Araroa, and the Great Himalayan Trek), but where do you want to adventure in the future?

Thanks Infinity! Don't think it's safe to say that I understand it yet - it's too easy for me to backslide and this is the time of year that I'm really susceptible to that. Yes, I walked the Camino 6 years ago and it was an amazing experience. Te Araroa! I would love to go back to New Zealand, but it's not in the cards anytime soon - I will be heading to Portugal in Feb., but am in the process of figuring out what I want to do when I get there. It will be my fourth visit and I think I'd like to go back south to the Algarve and cross into Spain.

Today's stats:

ROWING - 5000m time trial (0:26:25.1 - I wasn't rushing ;)

WALK - 0:28:23 outdoors

BODYWEIGHT - Assisted lunge: 7/1, 6/2; Inch worm: 6/3; Wall slide: 15/3; Side plank: 25 sec./3

TRAVEL - research on Andalucía

UKE - 30 min. practice

DIET - only drank water before breakfast again; veggies at lunch and dinner

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ambera Wave said:

Thanks Infinity! Don't think it's safe to say that I understand it yet - it's too easy for me to backslide and this is the time of year that I'm really susceptible to that. Yes, I walked the Camino 6 years ago and it was an amazing experience. Te Araroa! I would love to go back to New Zealand, but it's not in the cards anytime soon - I will be heading to Portugal in Feb., but am in the process of figuring out what I want to do when I get there. It will be my fourth visit and I think I'd like to go back south to the Algarve and cross into Spain.

I was in New Zealand this past year for my gap year, though I only managed to tour the North Island. I really want to go back and explore the South, though I'm not sure when I'll have the time or funds to do so :( I have never been to Spain despite living in England, and it is on the to do list. Where are your favourite places?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Infinity.Creates said:

I was in New Zealand this past year for my gap year, though I only managed to tour the North Island. I really want to go back and explore the South, though I'm not sure when I'll have the time or funds to do so :( I have never been to Spain despite living in England, and it is on the to do list. Where are your favourite places?

There are too many places in Spain that I loved. That being said, I have to say that I prefer northern Spain - Burgos, Léon, and Bilbao stand out in particular. It's hard to believe that I was in NZ exactly 25 years ago! I visited North and South islands and had the opportunity to spend a day hiking in Mt. Cook. Beautiful!

Today's stats:

ROWING - day off

BODYWEIGHT - Squats: 16/2; Elevated pushups: 16/3; 1-arm row (5 lbs): 16/2, 15/1; Farmer's walk: 40 sec/2, 35 sec/1

WALK - didn't go out today

UKE - didn't practice today

TRAVEL - no research, but did think about what I want to do when I'm away

DIET - water before meals; veggies at lunch and dinner

So, I slacked off today. No excuses. I'll do better tomorrow.

• Like 2

Today's stats:

ROWING - 5000m with rate changes every 1000m (25-40 spm)

WALK - 0:21:32 outdoors

TRAVEL - online research for ground transportation was fruitless - it's a bit too early for the schedules to be up for my dates

UKE - 30 min. practice

DIET - water before meals; veggies at lunch - not eating dinner tonight

• Like 2

Today's stats:

DIET - gained back 0.7kg - not really surprising at this time of year. On a positive note, I took my measurements and lost 1/2 inch each at the hips, chest, and waist

ROWING - 5 x 3 min / 2 min easy

BODYWEIGHT - Assisted lunge: 7/1, 6/2; Inch worm: 7/1, 6/2; Wall slide: 15/3; Side plank: 25 sec /3

WALK - 0:23:51 outdoors

UKE - 30 min. practice

TRAVEL - no action today

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ambera Wave said:

Today's stats:

DIET - gained back 0.7kg - not really surprising at this time of year. On a positive note, I took my measurements and lost 1/2 inch each at the hips, chest, and waist

ROWING - 5 x 3 min / 2 min easy

BODYWEIGHT - Assisted lunge: 7/1, 6/2; Inch worm: 7/1, 6/2; Wall slide: 15/3; Side plank: 25 sec /3

WALK - 0:23:51 outdoors

UKE - 30 min. practice

TRAVEL - no action today

Honestly, the weight gain could be anything other than fat, especially if you also lost some from your measurements. Those 1/2 inch sound like good progress!

• Thanks 1

Today's stats:

ROWING - this was supposed to be my day off, but since I won't have access to a gym as of Friday I decided to switch up my days -> 500m time trial (0:02:26)

WALK - treadmill 0:21:14

TRAVEL - shifted focus to my impending trip to my parents' for Christmas. I created a Nerd Fitness plan for my days away from home and plugged the info into my schedule (with alerts)

UKE - 30 min. practice

DIET - water before meals; veggies at lunch and dinner

• Like 2

Today's stats:

ROWING - 4 x 750m / 1 min easy

WALK - 0:21:36 outdoors

BODYWEIGHT - Squats: 16/3; Elevated pushups: 16/3; 1-arm row (5 lbs): 16/3; Farmer's walk: 40 sec/2, 35 sec/1

TRAVEL - packing

UKE - 30 min. practice

• Like 2

So this is my last post for this challenge. I'll be travelling to a wifi-free zone today and won't be able to complete my stats until my return. I'm happy to report that my weight is back down to 0.2 under my 2018 weight goal and I won't go near a scale again until New Year's Day... and on that note, I'd like to wish all of you a very

Merry Christmas!

• Like 3