• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay is Feeling Festive

Hello nerds and friends! My name is Shannon IRL, or annyshay about the forums. I've been a rebel for quite some time. These days I am mostly focusing on my mental health, writing, meditation, self care, cooking, and some gentle movement. I follow intuitive eating, so you won't see much in the way of tracking around these parts. If you want more of my backstory, feel free to check out my battle log over here. I don't maintain it though because most of the sweet sweet forum action is in the challenges. Welcome! I live in the frozen north, and it's already feeling pretty wintry around these parts. Find a cozy corner and feel free to pet the cat (Dragon)!

• Like 5

Monday w0d1

- wrote 799 words towards NaNo novel and a LOT of other words for journaling

- had a distraction free snack in the morning and realized that most of my meals are not distraction free at all at the moment

- ten minute meditation with the insight timer app

I was suuuuuper productive in terms of work during the day today. It's amazing what I can get accomplished when I work from home and have a good list of what needs doing. I had some time to catch up with a friend over tea. Then I had therapy where we talked a lot about dating and how I've been continuing to avoid it. I think it might be helpful to talk about some of it here, but I'm nervous. :cower:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

I was suuuuuper productive in terms of work during the day today. It's amazing what I can get accomplished when I work from home and have a good list of what needs doing. I had some time to catch up with a friend over tea. Then I had therapy where we talked a lot about dating and how I've been continuing to avoid it. I think it might be helpful to talk about some of it here, but I'm nervous. :cower:

Dating is hard. You aren't the first person to avoid it, nor are you alone in being reluctant to discuss it. Take your time and we'll be here when you are ready.

• Like 4

On 11/20/2018 at 7:12 AM, annyshay said:

The great thing about here is that a lot of us can totally relate to dating issues - regardless of what kind! We are always here for support whenever you feel comfortable sharing. 

• Like 3

On 11/20/2018 at 7:54 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Dating is hard. You aren't the first person to avoid it, nor are you alone in being reluctant to discuss it. Take your time and we'll be here when you are ready.

Thanks Tank!!

On 11/20/2018 at 7:58 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Dating is weird and I avoid it too. Just so you know you're not alone!

Always good to have solidarity with people that I think are awesome. :)

14 hours ago, Ambera Wave said:

Same here. I was fool enough to believe that it might get easier as I got older :lol::lol::lol:

The things that we tell ourselves... hehe.

33 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

The great thing about here is that a lot of us can totally relate to dating issues - regardless of what kind! We are always here for support whenever you feel comfortable sharing. 

Lord, I love me some nerds. *nerd hug*

• Like 1

Online Dating:

Women's Perspective: WHY OH GOD WHY ARE ALL THESE IDIOTS FLOODING MY INBOX.  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ MY PROFILE, I MAKE IT CLEAR WHO WILL HAVE NO CHANCE. NO I DON'T WANT PICTURES OF YOUR NAUGHTY BITS OH MY GOD LEAVE ME ALONE!

Men's Perspective: Try as hard as hell to make it obvious you have read the profile without sounding creepy or stalkery, spend an hour crafting a three sentence message through the website's messaging system that you hope gets noticed only to have it buried in a mountain of low-effort nonsense posts by jerks throwing spaghetti on a wall to see what sticks. If she happens to see your post, she may or may not like it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Dating is the worst. I imagine it’s even more the worst from a woman’s perspective.

48 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Online Dating:

Women's Perspective: WHY OH GOD WHY ARE ALL THESE IDIOTS FLOODING MY INBOX.  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ MY PROFILE, I MAKE IT CLEAR WHO WILL HAVE NO CHANCE. NO I DON'T WANT PICTURES OF YOUR NAUGHTY BITS OH MY GOD LEAVE ME ALONE!

Men's Perspective: Try as hard as hell to make it obvious you have read the profile without sounding creepy or stalkery, spend an hour crafting a three sentence message through the website's messaging system that you hope gets noticed only to have it buried in a mountain of low-effort nonsense posts by jerks throwing spaghetti on a wall to see what sticks. If she happens to see your post, she may or may not like it.

Both. Accurate. Yes.

• Like 3

Wednesday w0d3

- 1297 words written towards my novel

- lunch was distraction free

- 15 minutes of meditation with insight timer

Thursday w0d4

- 31 words written towards my novel

- all meals were distraction free

- forgot to meditate

• Like 6

You're already off to a great start @annyshay! As ever, I am proud of you. As for dating, my wife and I have joked that one of the reasons we are happily married is because we never want to go through dating again. I probably wouldn't be much help to you in terms of advice, but I am always willing to listen.

Following along, of course. :)

giphy.gif

(side note: Hot Rod is an under-appreciated work of hilarious genius)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saturday w0d6

- 1370 words for my novel

- meals were distraction free

- meditated 5 minutes with insight timer

Sunday w0d7

- 319 words for my novel

- meals were distraction free

- forgot to meditate

• Like 7

Monday w1d1