No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay is Feeling Festive

Monday w3d1

Eat

- filled both of my water bottles
- dinner was distraction free

Move

- PT exercises: inversions 2 x 15, towel gathering, heel raises 2 x 15, talocrural mobility

Think

- meditated for 30 minutes with insight timer

• Like 5

14 hours ago, annyshay said:

Accountability to my nerds definitely helps. :)

It looks like you have a pretty good handle on where you are and what needs to be done, so the accountability thing is probably where we can be the most helpful (and yes, we will hassle you if you fail to post progress updates).  :)  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

It looks like you have a pretty good handle on where you are and what needs to be done, so the accountability thing is probably where we can be the most helpful (and yes, we will hassle you if you fail to post progress updates).  :)  

Thank you, sir! :eagerness:

Agreed with WG, you seem to be very on top of things! I'm quite impressed actually considering how far away it is from now. But don't worry, we'll do our best to harass you if we notice you've been slacking. ;) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Agreed with WG, you seem to be very on top of things! I'm quite impressed actually considering how far away it is from now. But don't worry, we'll do our best to harass you if we notice you've been slacking. ;) 

Some of the preparing happened as prompted by your questions, so thanks for that!

• Like 2

On 12/9/2018 at 10:10 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

On the dancing partner... it can rub off. Brandt loved dancing. I couldn't put too feet together without tripping. He taught me to dance with him, now I sometimes drag him up off the chair and we dance a couple steps around the front room! ;) With the right partner, things will fall in place.

Oh that is really sweet!! Glad for you and not jealous at all :P As after 17 years of marriage hubby still feels like having two left feet when it comes to dancing (and still hates it) I think I have to let that dream go... there are enough other good things to live on for the two of us, fortunately :)  Keep your list of desired qualities long Annyshay, imagine you really got it?!!

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 3:51 PM, annyshay said:

This is helpful, Hats. Thanks. It makes me wonder if my brain doesn't like the "strength training" label any more than it likes the "workout" label. Maybe I just aim to do something twice a week. Hmm hmm hmm. That seems like too little, but I bet that's my old mental programming and shoulds breaking through. 

Brains ey, such strange things!

Little is good to aim for, because you most likely end up doing more anyway and if you don't it might be for a reason. Fun on the other hand is reallllllllllly important. Otherwise, why would you do it?

Here is a thing though, I think you like feeling strong :D So what if you regard training as a chance to experience your strength instead of something to do in order to get some? I find that on days where I remember to approach training this way, it's so different and so much better :) 

I am sooooooooo impressed by how organized and disciplined you are hero-ing through all those work loads :o It seems a huge load and at the same time totally doable for you as structured as you are and as you say the sucking it up is something you are really strong in. You really got this!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lucky fire dragon said:

As after 17 years of marriage hubby still feels like having two left feet when it comes to dancing (and still hates it) I think I have to let that dream go... there are enough other good things to live on for the two of us, fortunately :) 

I liked dancing, or acting as if I was dancing with someone, when I was a kid (videos of Fred Astaire, John Travolta - Grease, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and later Hugh Jackman), but never had the chance to learn, or the nerve. I learned to waltz in high school, but Brandt taught me to 2-step and what I call "the shuffle". I can only dance with him though. I'm very self-conscious when we have to dance in public, but that rarely happens anyway *shrug*.

As in every relationship, you have to find those things that the two of you like doing together, so as you said, there are enough other things for the two of you ;):).

Which reminds me that I've danced more with Rocco these last couple of months, than Brandt! Maybe time to drag him out of his chair (or away from the cars!) again :D.

18 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Agreed with WG, you seem to be very on top of things!

I agree with them, @annyshay. You seem to be so on top of everything. So impressed with everything you manage to do, and already plan on doing next year!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

So what if you regard training as a chance to experience your strength instead of something to do in order to get some? 

I really like this way of phrasing it! Please remind me at some point :P 

• Like 3

Tuesday w3d2

Eat

- dinner was distraction free

Move

- PT exercises: inversions 2 x 15, towel gathering, heel raises 2 x 15, talocrural mobility

Think

- meditated for 15 minutes with insight timer

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

I am sooooooooo impressed by how organized and disciplined you are hero-ing through all those work loads :o It seems a huge load and at the same time totally doable for you as structured as you are and as you say the sucking it up is something you are really strong in. You really got this!

4 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I agree with them, @annyshay. You seem to be so on top of everything. So impressed with everything you manage to do, and already plan on doing next year!

You guys are so sweet and I appreciate the encouragement. It may look like I'm on top of everything, but I promise you that it often feels like this...

tenor.gif?itemid=5749323

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Here is a thing though, I think you like feeling strong :D So what if you regard training as a chance to experience your strength instead of something to do in order to get some? I find that on days where I remember to approach training this way, it's so different and so much better :) 

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I really like this way of phrasing it! Please remind me at some point :P 

Cheers, Lucky. That's brilliant. I don't know how to go about it practically yet, but I think that's the mental shift that I want to make. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

VICTORY!

WOOP WOOP! :D

4 hours ago, annyshay said:

You guys are so sweet and I appreciate the encouragement. It may look like I'm on top of everything, but I promise you that it often feels like this...

There's always going to be chaos happening somewhere, but the fact that you are still on top of everything is even more amazing. <3 

• Like 3

Wednesday w3d3

Eat

- breakfast and dinner were distraction free

Move

- defeated General DOMS workout

- PT exercises: REST

Think

- forgot to meditate

• Like 4

So, this week has been pretty hectic in large part because of the interview that I did on Friday. I flew in and out within 36 hours and did an entire interview day. I'm exhausted and I had a hard time keeping up with some of the details of my challenge, but that's ok. I'm right back into the swing of things mostly. This was my second interview for a real job, and I think it went well. I think that I like this place better than the first place that I interviewed. I think it matches up with my personality and goals better, so I was trying my best to interview well. Fingers crossed. I would love to hear back. I got back after midnight early on Saturday morning, so yesterday was just a day to be really chill and try to catch up on sleep and rest. I'm hoping that I can be slightly more functional today, but we'll see. In any case, I'm serving communion at church, so I have to get my butt out the door for that. We'll see how much else I get up to today.

• Like 7

Saturday w3d6

Eat

- brunch was distraction free

Move

- PT exercises: towel gathering

Think

- meditated for 30 minutes with insight timer

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Infinity.Creates said:

Oooh, I hope the interview went well! Why was it so far away?

There's not a lot of jobs with the specific mix of things that I'm looking for. I'm too specialized.

• Like 1

Week 3 Summary

PinkScaredKittiwake-small.gif

What wins did you have?

- at least one distraction free meal per day even when on the road
- filled my water bottles every day that I was able
- drinking more water than I would be otherwise
- defeated General DOMS workout from NF academy
- meditated 4 days

- did PT 4 days

When did you feel resistance?

- doing PT exercises on days when I worked late or walked a lot
- not wanting to work out on the weekend

How can you shift?

- I might try doing a second movement session on Monday or Friday to see if that works better than the weekend
- thinking of movement sessions as both self care and opportunities to see how strong I am

• Like 7