No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay is Feeling Festive

Sunday w3d7

Eat

- filled both of my water bottles

- late lunch was distraction free

Move

- PT exercises: towel gathering, heel raises 2 x 15, talocrural mobility, inversions 2 x 15

Think

- meditated for 30 minutes with insight timer

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

showing off your fancy doctor lingo eh ;) 

That's what it's called! It's a joint in the ankle... somewhere between the heel bone and the ankle bones. :D

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Wiki just called it ankle joint haha. Learn something new every day. :D 

Is the rehab helping yet?

I'm not really sure, honestly. It sort of is achey and really pop and clicky. I'm going to my second appointment with the PT this afternoon, so maybe I will know more then?

• Like 1

Oh my nerds, I just got some excellent news. I was offered my first real grown up doctor job. 

giphy.gif

But! Now I have to decide if I take the job that is offered to me or wait to see if some of the more stretch jobs are possibilities. Ack! They want to know as soon as possible, and I haven't even interviewed at some of the most interesting and exciting places that are on my list. I'm not sure how to go about making this decision, honestly. I've been mulling it over for months, and I'm still not sure of what I really want going forwards.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Whatever you do, don't decide today. Between your own intuition and seeking God's will, you will know if you need to take the first job offered or not.

Yeah, I told them that I needed to talk with some of the other places, so that buys me some time.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, annyshay said:

I was offered my first real grown up doctor job. 

That is so exciting! Can you tell me (PM) where? 

• Like 1

Monday w4d1

Eat

- second breakfast and lunch were distraction free

Move

- PT exercises: isometric holds 5 sec x5 each (inversion, eversion, platar and dorsiflexion), one legged standing, shallow squats 2 x 15

Think

- meditated for 13 minutes with insight timer

• Like 6

Thanks for all the congratulations!!

Tuesday w4d2

Eat

- lunch was distraction free

Move

- PT exercises: isometric holds 5 sec x10 each (inversion, eversion, platar and dorsiflexion), one legged standing

Think

- meditated for 15 minutes with insight timer

• Like 5

Wednesday w4d3

Eat

- dinner was distraction free

Move

- PT exercises: isometric holds 5 sec x10 each (inversion, eversion, platar and dorsiflexion)

Think

- meditated for 15 minutes with insight timer

• Like 4

Congrats on your first offer and agree with the others saying this helps with negotiations (and I think bodes well in general). :) 

Hope the PT does its work! 

• Like 2

So I’m in NY state with my family thru Christmas. There’s no Wi-Fi! Send help!!! It’s great to hang out with my grandparents and mother, but clearly they don’t know how to make a millennial feel welcome. At least I have my phone...

Doing well with my challenge still and just did all of my PT exercises this morning. Hope you all have happy holidays and a good end of the challenge.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, annyshay said:

So I’m in NY state with my family thru Christmas. There’s no Wi-Fi! Send help!!! It’s great to hang out with my grandparents and mother, but clearly they don’t know how to make a millennial feel welcome. At least I have my phone...

Doing well with my challenge still and just did all of my PT exercises this morning. Hope you all have happy holidays and a good end of the challenge.

Sounds like you are in the sticks, almost like Africa :D;)  Glad you are doing so well otherwise.

I hope you have a great, blessed, restful Christmas time. :love_heart:

• Like 1

Merry Christmas everyone!

I’ve got some time to write on my Mom’s tablet while she’s out shopping with my Grandma. I suppose that it would be good to do a wrap up of the challenge.

Eat

- started a new habit of filling up my water bottles every morning

- reestablished a distraction free eating habit

Move

- played around with adding some strength training into my life with body weight workouts from the NF Academy

- defeated General DOMS

- consistently did my PT exercises

- leveled up to isometric holds and functional movements for PT

Think

- reestablished a habit of meditating each day with a new app called insight timer

Ding! Level up!!!

• Like 5