Elbows & Ham, and a bit of Brainzzz

@mu

On 12/6/2018 at 10:08 PM, raptron said:

Whweeeeewe. Still super love the hs to l-sits. That... 3rd one? I think? Was really good! 

thanks!!

Today was Cirque Physio, ball drills, hanging raises and HS endurance.

HS was good, I didn't reach my 41s PR but I was very close to it: 36s.

Again I had a slight “bleeding eyes” moment with blurred vision coming in but not as much as last week. I'm quite tired these days so I called it a day (for HS) to end on that feel-good moment.

Endurance range for this cycle: 28s-41s (based on my best in each session) - previous cycle was: 22s-30s.

Then I did my aerial drills (alignment / conditioning) and managed two zombie runs. I wanted to practice a bit more but I was really too tired. Below is the effort of the week :

Spoiler

I took into account the earlier exorcist comments and tried to scratch a bit more in that direction, although I could probably do more than that.

Todo items / things coming to mind:

• Dead hang like the deads, an active hang with a hollow is just weird.... show proper death and a “wake-up” out of it. Try a neck hang in belay, if it is possible to transition to hip-lock from there without ending up too low... the hanging would look more realistic.

• Do the invert at the beginning, I forgot about it

• I'm still not using the music rhythm as much as I could, too pedestrian sometimes

• Creeping and spasms were better in my first vid

• Some shapes / movement I liked but the question is: can I reproduce them...

• Not sure about the ending grrowwaaar vs heavy breathing

• What's the overall intent/idea? discovering zombie/demonized life and learning to be a minion? Resisting / escaping? Probably both but that's not really coming out. It looks like a juxtaposition of little bits but it's not very coherent as a whole imo. No need to have a full story but some kind of high level narrative / direction could help (without taking the exercise too seriously).

I will try to spend a bit more time on that goal next week. 2  runs were not quite enough.

~ Week review ~

Well, I got a bit under Friday/Saturday so a few misses that I could not catch up with (but I did manage for some). I felt mostly quite tired / meh the whole week.

/* Challenge Log */

P2: 3/3 - 3/3 - 3/3
HS: 3/3 - 3/3 - 3/3

Stretching: 2/2 - 2/2 - 1/2
Hanging-raises: 6/6 - 6/6 - 6/6
Cirque-Physio: 24/24 - 24/24 - 18/24
Legs: 4/4 - 4/4 - 2/4
Ball-flex: 4/4 - 4/4 - 4/4
Aerial: 3/3 - 2/3 - 3/3

Java-tests: 5/5 - 3/5 - 7/5
Design-patterns: 1/1 - 1/1 - 1/1

Inner-aerial-zombie: 1/1 - 0/1 - 1/1

But week 3 is over, deload starts! Yes! I'm full of DOMs these days (glutes, traps, lats, and the serratus anterior – I think?). Looking forward to deload with fewer drills and less intensity.

I decided to move on to Phase 3 after deload. For sure there is one mini-flow that I cannot do (double arm lever to straddle hold to bent arm stand to handstand press....wait what?.... muuuuhaahaah... lulz), so I will split that one into easier chunks and progressions. I'll probably iterate a while as well. I do need a little bit of change, I have been on Phase 2 for a long time now (~4 months).

And life stuff

Spoiler

I didn't talk about it earlier because things were still a bit fuzzy or otherwise private, but we will be moving to France in about 3 months or so. Loads of things to prepare so deadline is not carved in stone. We actually took the decision during summer and have completed a pretty good amount of paper work.  The cat got micro-chipped and is in the queue for a European pet passport. My husband got a call yesterday from the French embassy, his long stay visa is ready, which was definitely the crucial bit. Myself I haven't lived in France for like 17 years, I have my own paperwork to sort out... That's just the moving part, of course, a lot more is awaiting (finding a place to rent, a job etc..).

My head is FULL of todo lists, anxieties, sadness and excitement as you can imagine.

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

Wow, that life stuff is exciting, but I can see how it can be super stressful too.  I hope you can get all of the preparations finished in time, and that it doesn't completely overwhelm you.

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Finally catching up on all the awesome :rapture: 
Second Hatter in loving your videos and watching your progress. Just with a lot more awe than any clue how to give helpful hints :D Please keep them coming if anyhow possible with all that you have now coming on (or going on already)

What a huge transition to make!! Then again it's not your first time, although I don't know if that helps or makes you ponder the possible hardships up front. Just as long as the excitement doesn't come short :) Imagine all the little personal freedom options in expression and all, squeeee

Waving very cheerfully over from Europe to you :cheerful:

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wow, that life stuff is exciting, but I can see how it can be super stressful too.  I hope you can get all of the preparations finished in time, and that it doesn't completely overwhelm you.

1 hour ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Finally catching up on all the awesome :rapture: 
Second Hatter in loving your videos and watching your progress. Just with a lot more awe than any clue how to give helpful hints :D Please keep them coming if anyhow possible with all that you have now coming on (or going on already)

What a huge transition to make!! Then again it's not your first time, although I don't know if that helps or makes you ponder the possible hardships up front. Just as long as the excitement doesn't come short :) Imagine all the little personal freedom options in expression and all, squeeee

Waving very cheerfully over from Europe to you :cheerful:

Haahaa yes cheers!

Yes I have done it possibly too many times (as a kid and as an adult). My logistics todo list is pretty square by now. Including the bullet point that says that there is always something that might go slightly wrong... :P Moving pets is also a bit hairy. I moved in and out of the UK with pets, it was hard... (the process itself and the travel as well since airlines did not take pets AT all, I had to go by boat and train up to and from Scotland...).

It's just a bit tiring to start again when I'm like reaching my 40s.

I will definitely not miss the dress code! Even before that, I will not miss the pollution!

But there are other things that I will definitely miss. Believe it or not, Iran is actually a very endearing country. I can't quite explain it myself :D Maybe it's the intensity of it, because it can definitely get hard and ugly, but there is also a lot of precious in this country.

~

Yesterday I did  hanging raises, legzzz, ball drills, Cirque Physio, HS and stretches (hips).  Light session.  In HS, I just worked on moving my legs, knee bends, circles, splits.

/* Challenge Log */

P2: 3/3 - 3/3 - 3/3 - [deload]
HS: 3/3 - 3/3 - 3/3 - [deload]
[deload]: mini HS+P2 1/5

Stretching: 2/2 - 2/2 - 1/2 - 1/2
Hanging-raises: 6/6 - 6/6 - 6/6 - 1/6
Cirque-Physio: 24/24 - 24/24 - 18/24 - 3/12
Legs: 4/4 - 4/4 - 2/4 - 2/4
Ball-flex: 4/4 - 4/4 - 4/4 - 1/4
Aerial: 3/3 - 2/3 - 3/3 - 0/3

Java-tests: 5/5 - 3/5 - 7/5 - 0/5
Design-patterns: 1/1 - 1/1 - 1/1 - 0/5

Inner-aerial-zombie: 1/1 - 0/1 - 1/1 - 0/1

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Oh wow, exciting times ahead!! :D Even if tiring... Sometimes I think that maybe I should move somewhere again but the idea of starting over is daunting. Of course it's been less than two years, but you know.

Where in France are you planning on moving?

On 12/9/2018 at 10:27 AM, @mu said:

But there are other things that I will definitely miss. Believe it or not, Iran is actually a very endearing country. I can't quite explain it myself :D Maybe it's the intensity of it, because it can definitely get hard and ugly, but there is also a lot of precious in this country.

I believe you, I'm quite convinced that there's good and beauty to be found everywhere. In a way I wonder if the hard and ugly doesn't emphasise the good parts, and make a place more interesting and dynamic too... Sometimes it's also difficult to remember the good parts when you don't expose yourself to the bad parts.

I know you have a lot of comments about the new zombie vid but I adore the vibe and think your musicality is awesome. :) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Sometimes I think that maybe I should move somewhere again but the idea of starting over is daunting. Of course it's been less than two years, but you know.

I would find it even harder to leave and start again after 2 years, because the memory of packing/unpacking would still be quite fresh.

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Where in France are you planning on moving?

A priori,  Montpellier, south, right in the middle, 20mn away from the beach :P My family is in that area (a few hours away).

It's a small city, the size of Edinburgh. I am familiar with the region but not that city specifically. It has a good reputation as a young / active / open-minded city with new tech companies settling in and a cultural life. It also has a mini circus school apparently. I don't think that classes will fit in our initial settling budget but later on, there could be options  :)

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Sometimes it's also difficult to remember the good parts when you don't expose yourself to the bad parts.

Yes that's true. And exposing my own good and bad parts to it as well. I have had big blues in all the places where I have lived, but here I haven't felt the level of despair and isolation I have felt at times in Europe. It might also be aging, or being in a relationship that works at last. But it's interesting it happened here.

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I know you have a lot of comments about the new zombie vid but I adore the vibe and think your musicality is awesome. :) 

thanks! The comments are not too serious, in any case. I'd like to have a more regular practice of that type, to get over self-judgment and just try stuff. I'm sure it can be trained / practiced somehow, like any other skill.

~

Sunday: hanging raises, ball drills and HS + P2 stuff. Again quite light.

I tried some of the Phase 3 moves: lever switches and V-sit to plank. I can barely do 4 lever switches in a row (without touching the floor), apparently I have to do 10x5. That sounds like a lot. I might do 4 with no feet and 4 with support, and see how many sets I can handle... The first Phase 3 sessions are going to be exhausting as I figure out my rep counts / progression...

On V-sit to plank, I felt my lack of hip power/elevation again.

Then I did straddle HS presses on parallettes against the wall, with elevated feet. I couldn't quite keep straight legs. Looked more like a frog press sort of thing :P

Today: just a light HS/P2 session again: HS warmup, low frog holds, pushups, high frog to crow and back to high frog (crow pushups? Going back up and locking out the elbows again was the difficult part, I didn't do more than 2 in a row, it was quite fun though) and HS to firefly negatives but not very successful ones.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @mu said:

It's a small city, the size of Edinburgh.

Mhm smaller than Edinburgh even. Hopefully meaning minimal work commute (oh yes! )

• Like 1

Sounds like it will be nice to be close to family.  Has your husband spent much time in Europe?  I hope it is a smooth transition for everyone

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

14 hours ago, @mu said:

A priori,  Montpellier, south, right in the middle, 20mn away from the beach :P My family is in that area (a few hours away).

It's a small city, the size of Edinburgh. I am familiar with the region but not that city specifically. It has a good reputation as a young / active / open-minded city with new tech companies settling in and a cultural life. It also has a mini circus school apparently. I don't think that classes will fit in our initial settling budget but later on, there could be options  :)

Sounds great! So you'll find me a job there too right. :P 

14 hours ago, @mu said:

thanks! The comments are not too serious, in any case. I'd like to have a more regular practice of that type, to get over self-judgment and just try stuff. I'm sure it can be trained / practiced somehow, like any other skill.

Absolutely. All I'm saying is that while it's good to hold yourself to a high standard, I honestly think that your little performances are way more engaging than many other performances I've seen online!

• Like 2

Ooh, man! So many things to consider. Best of luck getting everything together and ready for the big move. 

Frog presses are presses too, haha.

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 12/11/2018 at 1:32 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Sounds great! So you'll find me a job there too right. :P 

Ha ha of course, I'll keep you updated :D

On 12/11/2018 at 12:49 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Sounds like it will be nice to be close to family.  Has your husband spent much time in Europe?  I hope it is a smooth transition for everyone

Not really, he has been with me 3 times on holiday visits. He is fluent in French. And he very much wants to go. He likes the place more than I do I think :D He will discover at his own pace I guess, holiday vs living in is not quite the same of course.

22 hours ago, raptron said:

Ooh, man! So many things to consider. Best of luck getting everything together and ready for the big move. 

Frog presses are presses too, haha.

Thanks! Yes it is big change ahead. Let's see how it goes.

The next pressing thing is to get the cat sorted. We got her microchipped but the vet did not have a chip reader to confirm that the chip works and the serial number is correct... In the mean time, we had to get her rabbies check done because it takes time and it must be done at least 3 months before departure. She has been vaccinated regularly but a certificate is needed. So a blood sample had to be sent to a certified lab in Germany, it cost us an arm. But we are still not sure about the chip... and we just realised that the chip number will be on the certificate, if the chip does not work, I'm not sure how to proceed, short of starting again. Idiotic? yes totally. The vet however did manage to get his hands on a chip reader, and the certificate should come next week. So we will see if we are lucky idiots or not :P 

Yesterday: another HS+P2 mini with hanging raises and Cirque Physio.

HS to crow: the descent was ok but I kept slipping of my knees

HS to L-sit: a bit better, until shoulders told me to bugger off dude it's deload, we are TIRED

L-sit holds on the floor: vile quads cramps as usual

Silks alignment and conditioning (meathooks)

I worked a bit on the hanging part of the zombie. I did a belay knot + neck hang as high as I could but there is always a bit of a slide going on. The whole thing was bit too laborious to care about how I move on top of it.

Today: Cirque Physio, hanging raises, back-bending, went ok.

I need to catch up with brainzzz a little bit. I have a bad headache since yesterday, might be pollution or bug left-over, not sure. It's pretty mean.

/* Challenge Log */

P2: 3/3 - 3/3 - 3/3 - [deload]
HS: 3/3 - 3/3 - 3/3 - [deload]
[deload]: mini HS+P2 4/5

Stretching: 2/2 - 2/2 - 1/2 - 2/2
Hanging-raises: 6/6 - 6/6 - 6/6 - 4/6
Cirque-Physio: 24/24 - 24/24 - 18/24 - 8/12
Legs: 4/4 - 4/4 - 2/4 - 2/4
Ball-flex: 4/4 - 4/4 - 4/4 - 2/4
Aerial: 3/3 - 2/3 - 3/3 - 1/3

Java-tests: 5/5 - 3/5 - 7/5 - 0/5
Design-patterns: 1/1 - 1/1 - 1/1 - 0/5

Inner-aerial-zombie: 1/1 - 0/1 - 1/1 - 0/1

• Like 1

Thursday: hanging raises, Cirque Physio, a last mini P2 focused on elbows, legs, ball drills and aerial alignment + conditioning (German hangs).

I also worked my brainzzz a bit, I made a lot of stupid errors on my tests, that made me cringe a fair bit.

Today: more brainzzz. I just have a design pattern study left to do.

And hanging raises, Cirque Physio, ball drills, aerial alignment + conditioning (straddle-up) and zombie. I only did 4 zombie runs but I'm totally wasted :D

For the zombie bit, I'm still struggling with finding a workable neck hang, so I might change to a version where my hands are tied instead (zombie birth technicalities :P ). I also worked on continuity between elements and minimizing movement confusion (like grabbing and re-grabbing the silks because my grip was not high enough, paying attention to what my legs are doing, that sort of thing, why do we have so many limbs?)

Here is the effort of the week. It's getting a bit repetitive (zombie for reps :lol: ) but I'm not sure I can come up with new zombie movement ideas. Next week I will work on the beginning mostly, and that will be it!

Some training change: as of next week I'm going to reduce my Cirque Physio load because it's taking me a lot of time, on Saturdays in particular, that hip stretching session used to be fairly relaxed and short. Little by little with hanging raises, legs, ball drills and Cirque Physio, it has gotten a bit hard and long, when it should be a “low” day. Plus, some of the Cirque Physio drills are not working that much for me, either because I don't do them properly (likely) and/or because I do other drills that get me there anyway (Iike pecs work with aerial alignment). I do like the variety of hip drills though and those are really working for me, so instead of doing 6 in a row on Saturdays, I'll do 3 and swap each week the ones I do. It should come around 18 drills instead of 24 every week.

And P2 Phase 3 is coming!

• Like 4

That Zombie piece is really looking good.  

• Thanks 1

Level 2 Ninja

Finished my brainzzz yesterday and today was a nice hip session with hanging raises, ball work, legs and (reduced) Cirque Physio. Still got some electric shocks in pigeon (nerves stuff) but as nice as stretching can get, let's say.

/* Challenge Log */

P2:               3/3 -   3/3 -   3/3 - deload -  0/3
HS:               3/3 -   3/3 -   3/3 - deload -  0/3
[deload]: 
mini HS+P2 5/5

Stretching:       2/2 -   2/2 -   1/2 -    2/2 -  1/2
Hanging-raises:   6/6 -   6/6 -   6/6 -    6/6 -  1/6
Cirque-Physio:  24/24 - 24/24 - 18/24 -  12/12 - 3/18
Legs:             4/4 -   4/4 -   2/4 -    4/4 -  2/4
Ball-flex:        4/4 -   4/4 -   4/4 -    4/4 -  1/4
Aerial:           3/3 -   2/3 -   3/3 -    2/3 -  0/3

Java-tests:       5/5 -   3/5 -   7/5 -    5/5 -  0/5
Design-patterns:  1/1 -   1/1 -   1/1 -    1/1 -  0/1

Aerial-zombie:    1/1 -   0/1 -   1/1 -    1/1 -  0/1

First P2 Phase 3 workout! + hanging raises + ball drills + Cirque Physio

It's quite similar to Phase 2, except all the annoying stuff (e.g. V-sit reps) is now mixed with cool stuff (HS to V-sit) and is much more palatable that way.

This is the first phase where I can't actually do one of the baseline flows at all... I did lower progressions instead.

For the flow skills (marked ##), GMB says 1 to 10 reps. Given that I still have to deal with a lot of failed attempts when HS is involved, I went for 2 sets of 4-5 reps depending on how tiring it was, to try to get a bunch of actual attempts at the move (not just trying to stick my HS).  I did manage a couple of successful reps here and there, but it's tough!

It took me about 1h30 to complete (including warm-up/cool down).

# HS (untracked) warm-up holds x3

# Straddle hold 5s x3

# Bent arm stand progression:

> 1-leg crow hold rotation towards air baby LR aiming for something like this (not managing much of a rotation yet)

> Bent arm stand (still deep)

## Progression towards: Double arm lever to straddle hold to bent arm press to handstand (bless you hahaha)

> double arm lever to straddle hold x5 – hard on lower parallettes, my feet always touched and I can't elevate my bum high enough (same hip pressing issues I have been struggling with)

> HS to crow to firefly 4 1+4

## Handstand to V-sit to seiza (= V-sit to plank to sitting on knees) 4 5

# HeSPU progression:

> HS lowers (partials) and up 4 5

# HS 5x5 consistency 5s+ = 17/25, happy with that one!

And a video on how to poop a HS to crow to firefly :lol:

• Like 2

Ahaha, love. 

• Haha 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Phase 3 ELBOWS!

Very similar to Phase 2 except that high frog to elbow lever and elbow lever spin are now done together.

Single arm elbow lever exercises are gone and replaced by elbow lever switches, which I think is a very good idea, why didn't those come earlier? My reps count for those switches is low, I do 20 overall when I'm supposed to 50. I hope I can add reps as I progress but that's my current baseline.

Pike PU are my own addition because they are useful, I do fewer single bar PUs to compensate.

# Low frog 10s x3

# Slow push-ups 10x2

## High frog to elbow lever to elbow lever spin x8 (still using feet)

# Planche progression:

> Tuck planche with inside knee support: 10s 6-7s

> High frog extending a leg: bending elbows + leg going forward/sideways instead of back?

# Elbow lever switches LRLR x4 LRLR x1 on single bar => hard time keeping the chest UP, on single bar, I couldn't manage without feet support

# Floor pike push-ups 5 5

# Single bar push-up with under-grip 5 5

I also did hanging raises, Cirque Physio and aerial alignments + conditioning (meathooks).

/* Challenge Log */

P2:               3/3 -   3/3 -   3/3 - deload -  1/3
HS:               3/3 -   3/3 -   3/3 - deload -  1/3
[deload]: 
mini-HS+P2: 5/5

Stretching:       2/2 -   2/2 -   1/2 -    2/2 -  1/2
Hanging-raises:   6/6 -   6/6 -   6/6 -    6/6 -  3/6
Cirque-Physio:  24/24 - 24/24 - 18/24 -  12/12 - 11/18
Legs:             4/4 -   4/4 -   2/4 -    4/4 -  2/4
Ball-flex:        4/4 -   4/4 -   4/4 -    4/4 -  2/4
Aerial:           3/3 -   2/3 -   3/3 -    2/3 -  1/3

Java-tests:       5/5 -   3/5 -   7/5 -    5/5 -  0/5
Design-patterns:  1/1 -   1/1 -   1/1 -    1/1 -  0/1

Aerial-zombie:    1/1 -   0/1 -   1/1 -    1/1 -  0/1

• Like 2

My husband had an epileptic seizure again :(the convulsive type but just one. It was not as bad as his summer episode and we didn't go to emergency services this time (it's better for him to stay at home if possible). His neurologist is not answering... but as soon as he does, we will get an appointment. He is recovering right now.

Training-wise I did back-bends, hanging raises and Cirque Physio late afternoon. I will try to get some brainzzz done soon, maybe after dinner.

Big hugs. Hope he recovers quick. :(

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

Yikes! Is he taking meds to control the seizures?

Level 2 Ninja

12 hours ago, raptron said:

Big hugs. Hope he recovers quick. :(

13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oh shit, that’s so scary. :( Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and some answers! 

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yikes! Is he taking meds to control the seizures?

Thank you guys.

Yes, he has been on meds for a long time. They were increased over summer but they reach liver toxicity levels... so they were adjusted a wee bit. It's still pretty heavy stuff (levebel, carbamazepine).

He is better but I slept quite poorly on the other hand, always checking on him as soon as he moved a finger. I read epilepsy alarms exist (wrist bands analysing the pulse or other alarms based on sound and movement for the convulsive type). We will read some more and get one.

Anyway so far: hanging raises + ball drills + P2 HAMS...

Not a great day, not a catastrophe either but one of those days that made me think that I'm in for the long haul on this epic P2 quest.

# HS (untracked) warm-up holds

# Straddle hold 5s x3

# Bent arm stand:

> 1-leg crow hold rotation towards air baby LR LR

> BAS still deep

## Double arm lever to straddle hold to bent arm press to handstand

> double arm lever to straddle hold x5 – 0 => I either need flat middle splits or my bum needs to go UP

> HS to crow to firefly 2/6 (0) 2/4 (0)

## Handstand to V-sit to seiza 2/3 (0) 1/3 (1) 3/3 (0) need a swing to get back to plank and still...

# HeSPU progression

> HS lowers and up 2/3 2/3 1/3 => when I can bend and balance, it is still very partial like a ¼ HeSPU

# HS 5x5 consistency 5s+ 15/25 => screwed my last set but still ok I guess

I did not stretch post-workout, not in the mood. I still have some legzz and aerial to do, I'll stretch after that.

• Like 1

Yesterday I did legs and aerial stuff, and lots of brainzzz.

This morning: Cirque Physio, hanging raises, ball drills and HS. I'm quite stressed at the moment so I only did endurance work focusing on stillness and my breath.

Each attempt I take a video but I also count seconds in bananas (banana-1, banana-2 ...)  to have an idea where I am at during the HS, it can be motivating. This time I stopped counting bananas and instead focused on my breathing and counted my breaths. That helped because previously my breathing was sort of following my bananas count, and that's faster than my normal breathing. Now I can just focus on my breathing, it doesn't matter how many seconds have lapsed exactly. I just focus on balancing as many breaths as I can. It's probably the obvious thing to do, but I hadn't thought of it before :P 

I managed 5 HS over 30s and a best at 38s, not a PB but happy to get more regular 30+s.

I have some silks alignment and conditioning left to do + zombie. I hope I can manage because it's Yalda today (winter solstice celebration) and we have plans. Worse case scenario, I'll delay the end of my challenge to tomorrow to get my zombie work done.

And so Happy Yalda :)

4wBgdVUKikp9okkW-1513797563021.jpg

• Like 1