• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sylvaa

[Sylvaa] Survivor

Oh that looks like so much fun! I can't wait to see what you do for Harry Potter

Fortunately I have co-workers that benefit from my desire to feed the world, when I cook, I cook for an army (if you've seen the size of my boys you know why!)

• Like 2

On 11/27/2018 at 4:41 PM, RES said:

Oh that looks like so much fun! I can't wait to see what you do for Harry Potter

Fortunately I have co-workers that benefit from my desire to feed the world, when I cook, I cook for an army (if you've seen the size of my boys you know why!)

Unfortunately, I can't cook for my co-workers (well, I can, but getting it to my destination is difficult). Luckily, there are enough people in my house to eat what I make, although I worry as they start to leave the nest. I do have my brother and all of his friends that I can also feed if necessary though (and this constitutes a whole lot of man).

I've done really well with exercising over the course of the week. I got in a bunch of time at the gym and really enjoyed it. However my eating has been awful. I got upgraded to the honors floor this week. Which sounds pretty awesome, but I don't actually like it because there are free snacks in my room and I cannot resist the sirens call of peanut M&M's. I'm wondering if I'm ending up being too restrictive over the course of the day, so then the evening comes and I become a human vacuum cleaner. I started tracking the other day and it lasted like 6 hours. Might have to start this again. 

Also, I'm struggling to try to not do all the things. I want to do a lot more exercise than I am. But I can't think of a good reason to, because I've got things I need to focus on (*cough* Running *cough*). But then I can't think of a good reason not to also. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Also, I'm struggling to try to not do all the things. I want to do a lot more exercise than I am. But I can't think of a good reason to, because I've got things I need to focus on (*cough* Running *cough*). But then I can't think of a good reason not to also. 

Do you want to run? Are you running to prep for races? What else do you want to do?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Do you want to run? Are you running to prep for races? What else do you want to do?

I do indeed want to run and am prepping for a race. I signed up for a half in Kentucky in a few months and am following a training plan to prepare. I'm also loosely following a sprint triathlon training plan (except I'm using the half plan for the running piece) because I am signing up for a local tri (which is after the half, so priorities). I also take two classes at the Y - one is a mix of cardio, weights, balance, and core, while the other is a Line Dance (not country) class. 

So logically, I know that is plenty. I end up working out about 5 days a week with this schedule. But I'm also feeling like there are so many other things I want to do that I am unfulfilled. Realistically, I know that once the half is over, I can scale back the running training and add in some additional types (mainly Spartan style) training. And I KNOW that I need to focus on running right now - not just because of the half, but for the cardiovascular endurance that I need / want for the other things I like to do. I'm just frustrated that there are not more hours in the day so that I can do more. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sylvaa said:

So logically, I know that is plenty. I end up working out about 5 days a week with this schedule. But I'm also feeling like there are so many other things I want to do that I am unfulfilled. Realistically, I know that once the half is over, I can scale back the running training and add in some additional types (mainly Spartan style) training. And I KNOW that I need to focus on running right now - not just because of the half, but for the cardiovascular endurance that I need / want for the other things I like to do. I'm just frustrated that there are not more hours in the day so that I can do more. 

Ah yes, RangerBrain Adventurer Attitude. There are so many cool ALL THE THINGS! that it's cruel for time and our bodies' need to recover force us to choose.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Ah yes, RangerBrain Adventurer Attitude. There are so many cool ALL THE THINGS! that it's cruel for time and our bodies' need to recover force us to choose.

Right?! I should be a cyborg so that I can do all the things! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On the what the next generation should call you that doesn't make you feel older than you are (My cousin Anna knows this feeling.) I did some googling and found a few neat ones but I think GiGi (gee gee) was the best :) It's still slightly obvious that it is a grandmother moniker but it sounds way cooler and doesn't just scream "you're old!"

Also I am so glad your daughter has you for a mother. My best friend has two older sisters who both got knocked up in their last year of highschool and her parents went "Nope, you think you are grown up enough to be someone's mother? Then get a job, get a place to live and support your child." and kicked them out. They did help them get all set up and made sure they had a safe roof over their head, food in the kitchen and the things they needed to take care of a baby but they refused to let them live at home.

Super duper sucks about the racist in laws though :/ Hopefully they either stop being dicks or just stay away completely and keep their shitty beliefs out of you daughter and her kid's life. better to have a small family of great people than a big one with people with that kind of hate in their hearts and minds.

Are you going to do HP themed foods for the next marathon?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leigh said:

On the what the next generation should call you that doesn't make you feel older than you are (My cousin Anna knows this feeling.)

Today is my son's 18th birthday. Apparently, I AM that old! But yeah. Like I was thinking maybe MiMi (because my name is Megan if you all aren't already my FB friend), but my mom is already Aunt MiMi (to my cousins, but they live out of state, so we might still get away with it). My grandmother was Mika to my kids. But for a baby, that might be confusing (learning Mommy and MiMi when you all live in the same house).

Also, TBH, long-term I expect her to move out as soon as she can (with the boyfriend), and I'm okay with this because she is now making adult decisions. But I also don't want her to fail. It doesn't help me if she leaves and then has to come back saddles with debt and bills and all that - you know? I'd rather they stay here and get themselves to a point to be successful before they decide to leave. 

8 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Are you going to do HP themed foods for the next marathon?

I am! Haven't started on the menu yet, but I will be sure to post pictures when I do!

• Like 7

I'll just leave this here then :P

Yeah names and titles that sound similar is super confusing for little kids. My mom told me I used to mix up my Gramma and my two great grandmother's nicknames (Granny and Baba) up all the damn time. I'm so glad that for my grandfathers they were just Opa, and George. I like Mimi, but I can see that being a bit tricky if it's already in use in the family.

And you aren't that old... you just picked up the Mom subclass when you were a lower level than most :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Leigh said:

I'll just leave this here then :P

This site has become one of my favorites for browsing for ideas. So amazing! But I do appreciate any and all recipes. 

With all of the family members, we reuse names regularly, so we are kind of used to it. But it's not perfect. Although, when I have great-grandchildren, I have already called "Grandma-Great" as my moniker. It's fitting. 

8 minutes ago, Leigh said:

And you aren't that old... you just picked up the Mom subclass when you were a lower level than most :P

I am going to start using that! In all honesty, I'm really not old at all. And I will joke a bit about it, but I truly have embraced it. It is nice in a way to know that my daughter does have me as an example of being able to be successful when you have kids young. Or maybe that having kids young isn't an excuse to not be successful. I mean, I've got to be a better example that Teen Mom. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:
5 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

You're really not.  :P

QFT. You're about my age, and no one about my age can be old. That's just a basic fundamental law of nature.

Definite truth in here. I am not old enough to be old enough to have an adult. 

This weekend, I tried my hand at making jerk chicken and I did not screw it up (although it did need to be spicier). I also made an ice cream sandwich cake for my son's birthday. 

AND I got almost all of my Christmas shopping done! Woot Woot!

• Like 9

On 11/30/2018 at 4:56 PM, Sylvaa said:

This site has become one of my favorites for browsing for ideas

Bookmarked! Now I totally want to make some bangers and mash.

On 11/30/2018 at 4:56 PM, Sylvaa said:

In all honesty, I'm really not old at all

Rebels like us don't get old. We just level up.

a00460982bc691c961574d2a15ca63c1.png

16 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

This weekend, I tried my hand at making jerk chicken and I did not screw it up (although it did need to be spicier). I also made an ice cream sandwich cake for my son's birthday. 

AND I got almost all of my Christmas shopping done! Woot Woot!

Sounds like a great weekend. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pureleeawesome said:

What about Momo? Keeping in line with the M names :P

Great idea! Unfortunately, this is what my daughter calls the dog (Molly / Molasses).

Got my husband signed up for our health insurance gym membership. I think he's signing up for the Planet Fitness near where he works too. That way, through the week he can go straight from work instead of coming home first. 

I missed the class I normally do on Monday, but soldiered through and hit an upper body strength workout along with some swimming. I'm really loving being back in the pool now that I'm actually doing it regularly. I also had some lackluster BBQ and automatically thought of @Tanktimus the Encourager. Not sure we have any projects slated in Texas, but if so, I'm campaigning to be included!

• Like 9