• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sylvaa

[Sylvaa] Survivor

When I go to the Police Headquarters building in the Men's room there are signs about not flushing things down the urinals. The reason they are up is that some men who use dipping tobacco will spit that tobacco out into the urinals (which is ridiculous, they literally have to walk past a trash can to get to that urinal, but I digress).  The signs usually look something like:

DO NOT FLUSH ANYTHING

Down the Urinal.

The mischievous part of me always wants to hand write the words "Like Evidence" after the word anything.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

We have one in the office here at the ballpark (keep in mind it's the only one in the office, but we have several dozen in the ballpark that we can use) that says "Poop happens, but not in here please". 

So you know anytime someone walks out the door leading to the stadium what they're heading to do :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2018 at 1:53 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The mischievous part of me always wants to hand write the words "Like Evidence" after the word anything.

Legit giggle-snorted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2018 at 2:42 PM, Sylvaa said:

Made it to the gym yesterday, then did a 4.5 mile run today. It sounds really weird to say that, because I don't consider myself a runner. Guess I am though!

Dude, awesome!!! You're totally a runner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeverThatBored said:

Dude, awesome!!! You're totally a runner. 

Not this weekend though! It's been cold and rainy here all weekend, so I've barely hit my step goal instead. To be fair though, I probably went a bit hard at the gym on Friday and my quads are KILLING me! Luckily, my super sweet (and totally not angling for any kind of brownie points :rolleyes:) husband has offered to give me a massage. I fully expect Doodlies to take that however they would like. 

This was a successful weekend though, I got more Christmas presents taken care of (purchasing and wrapping) and am ordering our food trays for Christmas Eve tonight. We are also expanding our celebrations to include some family friends without family in the area, so if anyone else wants to come for Christmas Eve, my door is open (*cough Flea cough*)

• Like 10

16 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

so if anyone else wants to come for Christmas Eve, my door is open

Dammit I would so make that trip if it wasn't for the cold, white stuff you guys get!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RES said:

Dammit I would so make that trip if it wasn't for the cold, white stuff you guys get!

To be fair, it's like a balmy 36F at the moment, with no snow. Yesterday, it was in the 40s with no snow. So you might be safe!

We can just have a meet up the next time I'm in Florida - we might be back down this summer for vacation, we aren't sure what we are doing yet.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

To be fair, it's like a balmy 36F at the moment, with no snow. Yesterday, it was in the 40s with no snow. So you might be safe!

We can just have a meet up the next time I'm in Florida - we might be back down this summer for vacation, we aren't sure what we are doing yet.

It's 63 degrees here and I'm freezing my ass off! 

Let me know about this summer, I'll get you guys some tickets to a ballgame if the timing is right! :D 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RES said:

It's 63 degrees here and I'm freezing my ass off! 

Let me know about this summer, I'll get you guys some tickets to a ballgame if the timing is right! :D 

I walked up to the hospital for lunch without a coat on. It was like 40 degrees! (Disclaimer: I'm wearing a sweater). And that would be amazing! If nothing else, we'll have that Disney Princess Marathon weekend in 2019.

Tooting my own horn for a moment. My husband has wanted a PS4 Pro for like (how long have they been out?) forever. But they seem to never go on sale, so he hasn't gotten one yet. I was going to get him one for Christmas, but of course, no sale. Figured out today, I can get one through work for no up front cost (woot woot!). My work has this thing called Values In Action points, where when you do nice things and help people out, you get points. They build up and you can use them for things and stuff. Including a PS4 Pro. So boom, I am now officially Best Wife of the Day. 

Also, it's not shipping until after Christmas, so it's not a Christmas present. That way, my husband doesn't have to feel guilty about the cost (even though it was paid for in points). 

And, as follow-up to my rant about planning Christmas with the step-kids mother: My daughter is not working Christmas Eve. We sent a text message this weekend to the ex letting her know that we were on for Christmas Eve and would drop the kids off at her house between 10 and 11 Christmas Day. My step-son will then stay over there until Wednesday (his normal schedule), but we would pick up my step-daughter whenever she was ready to come home. Apparently today, mom texts my step-daughter, informing her that they will only be having part of Christmas on Christmas Day because she had to pay to have her car fixed. 

Well, now step-daughter is PISSED. Because mom made such a big deal about how we were, "going to force her to have Christmas the following weekend" because, "we don't respect her work schedule" (note: these texts were sent before we finalized plans for the holiday AND we never suggested she wait until Saturday, SHE said that). But now that it is for her benefit, she's fine with it. 

• Like 9

On 12/16/2018 at 5:57 PM, Sylvaa said:

We are also expanding our celebrations to include some family friends without family in the area, so if anyone else wants to come for Christmas Eve, my door is open (*cough Flea cough*)

Love you for thinking of me! Can’t make it happen though. :( Another year maybe. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fleaball said:

Love you for thinking of me! Can’t make it happen though. :( Another year maybe. 

I'm not surprised - also, we have a lot of people. But you know you are always welcome!

• Like 3

So you know how sometimes you think you are struggling and like, "I can't get it together" and then you start to look back and realize that wow, you really did accomplish something? This is one of those posts.

Today is my last day of work before taking my Christmas vacation, so my posting may or may not be sporadic (it depends on how I feel). I've been thinking about what I want to accomplish next year and have been kind of mopey, thinking that man - I am so stagnant. But I'm not, I'm just not going as fast as I'd like, which is completely different.

• I have lost 10 pounds (and kept them off) during the course of the year. It's been since this summer that I actually lost the weight. I've just kept it off since then. Realizing that I started a new project, and therefore new eating habits, this is actually more impressive than it sounds (the new project started in August). 
  • I finished my goal of 25 books for the year via Goodreads challenge. I actually read more than that, but there were a lot I did not count. I actually logged 25, struggled through some I would have preferred to drop, and have made going to the library a regular habit. 
  • I've consistently worked out at least 4 days per week for the past month and 3 days per week for the past three months. I'm not sure if I'm seeing a significant increase in my ability, but I'm also not good at tracking my progress (which will be a focus for 2019).
  • I've run further without stopping than I ever have before. This week (tomorrow) will be 5.5 miles. I've also been consistent with my pace (so far!). I'm on track to actually be able to RUN this half! Holy moly! 
  • Like 10

Rock on! That’s really one of the best parts of the challenges. Seeing how far you’ve really come. It’s so easy to feel like you’re treading water in the day-to-day when your hard work is really causing those little achievements to build up over time!

• Like 2