• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Maggie-Miau

Miaulin: ELF PRACTICE INTENSIFIES

12 hours ago, Miaulin said:

i'm investigating the gofundme types of things...i never believe those would work but anything's worth a shot

It is certainly worth trying to do it. I know a few people who have used it with some success. At the very least you have nothing to lose. 

• Like 2

ah. crying finally happened. for about two seconds. we'll see if that lasts.

mom doesn't want to even try the gofundme so i'm kind of back to that hopeless "nothing in my life is ever going to change, not the cat situation and certainly nothing else" feel, and there are parts of that i know are true. back to just being sick of everything.

but i mean if/when i get my bank account set up, i can start the funding thing in my own name right?

• Like 1

Yes, try to get the bank thing set up and you can do a gofundme for youself. Its a great idea :)

Sorry you are feeling low. Keep going Mia, there is a lot to get through but you are doing really well xx

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 1:54 AM, Salinger said:

I put a gofundme page up last month, it worked, people are happy to help when we are in need. I think go for it xx

On 12/18/2018 at 3:27 AM, jonfirestar said:

It is certainly worth trying to do it. I know a few people who have used it with some success. At the very least you have nothing to lose. 

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

Yes, try to get the bank thing set up and you can do a gofundme for youself. Its a great idea :)

Sorry you are feeling low. Keep going Mia, there is a lot to get through but you are doing really well xx

Found out you can go ahead and set it up without putting in any banking/card information, so it can be sitting there for a bit until i can get to the bank!

Not asking anyone here to donate but i wonder if anyone would be willing to take a look and tell me if it sounds alright? Any critiques? No pressure of course!

That's little Eggy-Roll on the cover pic...heh, momsauce actually wants to keep him permanently indoors if we can get him taken care of and flea-treated but Gray Major doesn't fancy that idea too much, he isn't fond of his littlest brothers.

Aggggh sorry for all the moping! I'm ready to quit sulking now. Should have some alonetime today so if i do my workout i'll maybe let myself use a bathbomb and listen to some music ^_^ thanks for listening to all of my cat drama :'3

• Like 1

Hey Mia, sounds brilliant, i would help if i could! Great write up! and adorable photos. Share it wide and good luck!!!!!!

Never apologise for 'moping' you are going through a tough time and thats ok :) 

A bathbomb alongside some music sounds perfect xx

• Like 1

I'm so shocked right now there's already enough in there to take care of momcat. Ahhhh if i can get the vet to let us pay half at a time, we might be able to get one of the boys done out of this too. One donation was from a friend on Tumblr, and i think i know who the other is but don't know if it would be rude to go "was this you?" but, if it was, THANK YOU so so so much, it was so encouraging to see that ten in there so soon! This is such a relief already and i feel like i can start to breathe now. Holy snow probably not a January goal but the minute i've got any sort of income it's going to have to be a goal to contribute to somebody's funding page each check

no bathbomb today after all- broski wanted to watch J. Strange and Mr. Norrell so we did that instead and it was good! Did a tiny workout, had a nice lunch of sweet potatoes and a leftover-veggies stirfry of sorts, and have drunk more water today than i have for days now ^_^

• Like 4

Oh wow Miau that is AMAZING!!  I'm so glad for you!!! *^_^*  I'm on the same page, if I had an actual income right now I'd totally throw money at your sweet kitties, and who knows, maybe if a job happens sooner than later I'll have the opportunity!!

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 8:53 AM, Salinger said:

Hey Mia, sounds brilliant, i would help if i could! Great write up! and adorable photos. Share it wide and good luck!!!!!!

Never apologise for 'moping' you are going through a tough time and thats ok :) 

A bathbomb alongside some music sounds perfect xx

16 hours ago, Salinger said:

Great job Mia, what a good day you had. And im so pleased for you and the funding page <3 xx

Thank you! I've edited it a little bit now, and mom and i have been posting it about!

Thanks so so much for your encouragement mon amie!

11 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Oh wow, that's great news! 

It is! I'm so shocked and in the best way :D

10 hours ago, shaar said:

Oh wow Miau that is AMAZING!!  I'm so glad for you!!! *^_^*  I'm on the same page, if I had an actual income right now I'd totally throw money at your sweet kitties, and who knows, maybe if a job happens sooner than later I'll have the opportunity!!

*sends hugs* No pressure or obligation my friend! Moral support means a lot!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thursday:

was unexpectedly a mini-grocery day, and getting some errands sorted out. I still need to finish up some writing/drawing for people's Christmas presents, so that's tomorrow's main job. This whole Challenge got a bit de-railed (November and December lasted about five minutes each and i'm not sure where they've gone?) soooo i'm going to do my best to get back to a stable starting point and be ready for January. im already in january/2019 mode send help

• Like 1

Oh Miau, I'm sorry I've been absent for a while - I'm so, so, so sorry to hear about your precious kitty!! That is just heartbreaking and I am so sad for you!

I checked out your GoFundMe (and by the way, I wholeheartedly agree with everyone that they're worth a try, so I'm so glad you put one up!!), and the only advice I would offer about the write-up is that you might want to focus it a little? Like, I enjoyed reading about the cats but it wasn't super clear right away what you needed money for. What you might do is just put a short paragraph about what the money is for at the top, and then talk about the lovely kittehs underneath.  :)  I absolutely love the pictures and love the descriptions, by the way!! Once I'm settled in my new job and not hemorrhaging money to utility companies, I will definitely pitch in!!

(And YES to donating to GFM's and other organizations - once I got my own income and started donating to stuff it made me so happy!! It's like giving little Christmas presents to strangers, like those cute Hallmark-y videos where people pop out in malls and give random presents to people!  :D )

• Like 2