• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jonfirestar

JonFirestar: Countdown to Awesome (181 days to Oblivion)

Week 0, Tuesday! 

180 Days to Oblivion. 

What a day! One where I've felt like I'm massively behind in all things. I'm really not but I feel like that.  I can't put my finger on why. If I was to use two words to describe today it would be tired and hungry. I slept okay but it took me too long to go down. That is unusual for me. As for hungry that's because I'm transitioning from a calorie surplus and into deficit. I know that will calm in a few days. If I keep it up. 

Eat to Help your Goals, not Harm them.

2308 calories. Good day. I felt hungry like I mentioned. I know that's at least partially psychological.  

Everything was tracked

Weight today was 97.5kg

Run

Easy 6.1 miles. It was an easy recovery run. Very slow very easy. It was very cold out this morning. The forecast predicted rain but I was able to dodge it for my run. By the time I left for work it was raining. 

Strength Work

rest. The DOMS are real today. My legs hate me. 

OCR Type Stuff

None today

Mince Pie List

I think I know what I'm getting for both of my secret santa gifts. 

12 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Oooh your goal is so exciting!! Following along :)

Thanks but you might notice a theme among some of the British OCR enthusiasts. :lol: 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Raxie said:

I did notice but it doesn't make it any less exciting!! I can't wait to see all the awesomeness!

Ahh but it's only @Charlie_Quinn and I that have talked about it so far... there are more :D I'm not saying that CQ and are a bad influence but... 

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

Morning Jon, hope you manage to catch up with stuff today and have a good one x

Thanks. I wasn't actually behind I just felt like it. I just felt rushed all day long. Weird. 

• Like 2

Week 0, Wednesday! 

179 Days to Oblivion. 

Today was a better day. Even if I did basically ruin myself in the gym this morning. I've not quite been able to shake that all day! That may or may not be a bad thing. I'm also really tired. I really didn't sleep well. 

2372 calories. Good day. I'm still feeling hungry. Had a long conversation with @Rhovaniel (and the others) about diet and food and the like that really helped me stay focused. 

Everything was tracked

Weight today was 97kg

Run

No running today. 

Strength Work

Bench day. 

4x10x45kg

1x15x45kg

Much other stuff also done. 

pull ups 5x2

pull downs 5x10

ohp 5x10

dips 5x5

leg raises 5x5

curls 3x10

tricep pull downs amrap 15 reps 

Working high volume high reps right now. This'll change as the program progresses.

OCR Type Stuff

Conditioning workout done. I intend to be a bit more creative with this but this morning I fancied a hard row so that's what I did. 

2k Row 7:36.3 

My goal had been to go sub 8 minutes. I did that and then some! Not an incredible time but a decent time and a very hard effort for those 8 minutes. This essentially left me completely wiped out for the rest of the day. Job done I'd say. 

Climbing tomorrow. Feel free to yell at me if I don't do that! 

Mince Pie List

One gift done.

I've started going through my clothes. 

I also did a couple of things I've been putting off a little but weren't on my list. Got out my winter coat. Plugged in my sun lamp. A couple of very minor (and quick) repairs. I want to fix my laptop this weekend (I broke the keyboard by being careless). Tools, skills and spare parts I have . It's just me putting it off.

Edited by jonfirestar
fixed some numbers
  • Like 8

I know you won't skip climbing, but my yelling voice is warmed up just in case.

There was an article somewhere that talked about recording your excuses for any missed workouts and rating them on a BS-o-meter. If you are tempted to skip try it. :D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Very good work today!  Keep it up!

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

That looks like a pretty solid workout :) 

39 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Great workout Jon!!!! x

Thanks. All my workouts this week so far have been really solid, including this morning. I'm looking forward to my rest day, I have to admit :) 

1 hour ago, Kestrel Grey said:

There was an article somewhere that talked about recording your excuses for any missed workouts and rating them on a BS-o-meter. If you are tempted to skip try it. :D

Thanks Kestrel. The reason I might skip out is just my social anxiety problem. It's just me freaking out a little about something new. Understanding that doesn't make it easier mind. So my tactic to thwart it is to tell as many people as I can to hold me to it. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Thanks Kestrel. The reason I might skip out is just my social anxiety problem. It's just me freaking out a little about something new. Understanding that doesn't make it easier mind. So my tactic to thwart it is to tell as many people as I can to hold me to it. 

I think its my social anxiety stuff is why i am struggling to get to the gym to be honest, all those people i dont know aaaaghhhhh :( x

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Salinger said:

I think its my social anxiety stuff is why i am struggling to get to the gym to be honest, all those people i dont know aaaaghhhhh :( x

The gym was a lot easier to deal with because I don't have to talk to anyone to get into the place :) I can get make the computer let me in. It's needing to go to the front desk that's causing me issues. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonfirestar said:

The gym was a lot easier to deal with because I don't have to talk to anyone to get into the place :) I can get make the computer let me in. It's needing to go to the front desk that's causing me issues. 

:( hope you can overcome it Jon... xx

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

This should be useful for me. Most of the time my excuses are BS because I really failed the "Just do it!" part...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Maybe you can't control your anxiety, but can you aim it? For example, you seem to be trying to replace fear of a new thing with fear of getting yelled at.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Maybe you can't control your anxiety, but can you aim it? For example, you seem to be trying to replace fear of a new thing with fear of getting yelled at.

Not fear of being yelled at. That's just phrasing but I am trying to turn it on itself by getting people whose opinion I actually care about (as opposed to anybody I've never met at the climbing gym) to hold me accountable for it. It is a management strategy. Other than medicating it away management is what I'm left with but once I get over the hump of the first time I'll be a lot better and it won't take many times before the anxiety around this thing goes away altogether. 

• Like 4

Week 0, Thursday! 

178 Days to Oblivion. 

I am exhausted. Two workouts in a day will do that  I guess. Well I did go climbing. It took a little pushing. Thanks a huge amount to @Rhovaniel and @Charlie_Quinn who really came good when I asked them to bug me.

2707 calories. This is higher than I said I was going to hit but I made the decision early today that it was silly and I need to change it ;) so on Thursday I'm adjusting to 2700-2800 calories when I am doing 2 workouts that day (running and climbing). It's not only the climbing either I'm also adding another 3 miles of walking because the climbing gym is about half way between home and work. 

Everything was tracked

Weight today was 96kg (I think this is the end of the initial fluctuation) 

Run

I ran 6.1 miles. It was a hard run that consisted of 6x5 minute threshold intervals, I ran them all at about 8 minute miles (3 slightly below 3 slightly above). Strava tells me I set a PR for 400m. It kind of feels wrong to set a PR for 400M while I was running a 1000m interval! My running has come a long way this year. I was really proud of what i accomplished last year. I still am but this year I've really gotten better! 

Strength Work

None - well climbing but that belongs in another section. 

OCR Type Stuff

Did my climbing! I lasted 30 minutes. My grip is shot! Deadlifts are going to be interesting tomorrow (my plan is and always has been to use straps)

Mince Pie List

Nothing done today. too busy! 

23 minutes ago, Salinger said:

You are AMAZING <3 xxx

No Lizz, we are amazing. We both stepped outside our comfort zone and we both did the thing we wanted to do. My experience was the same as yours too. It wasn't miraculous. I'm not very good at climbing (yet) and I really feel like a fish out of water but I did it. I climbed a few easy problems and got a sweat on. It was more about doing it than anything else. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jonfirestar said:

No Lizz, we are amazing. We both stepped outside our comfort zone and we both did the thing we wanted to do. My experience was the same as yours too. It wasn't miraculous. I'm not very good at climbing (yet) and I really feel like a fish out of water but I did it. I climbed a few easy problems and got a sweat on. It was more about doing it than anything else. 

YES - thank you! We did do it, didnt we :D thanks for believing in me xx

• Like 2

Oh double post. I forgot to say 

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American Brothers and Sisters in the Rebellion!

Remember to leave room for pumpkin pie! Pumpkin pie is the best thing about thanksgiving, from an outsider's perspective :P 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jonfirestar said:

Remember to leave room for pumpkin pie! Pumpkin pie is the best thing about thanksgiving, from an outsider's perspective :P 

It's pretty good from an insiders perspective.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

You should have pumpkin pie too.  It's not just for Muricans, you know.  ;-)

• Like 3