• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Raxie

Raxie Enters Weirdmageddon

Welcome one and all - to Weirdmaggedon!

source.gif

Something you probably didn't know about me - I EFFING LOVE GRAVITY FALLS!!! Like seriously, probably one of my top 5 favourite shows of all time - up there with Buffy, Farscape and Doctor Who.  The opening theme song was even Mr. Raxie's and my recessional for our wedding (I walked down the aisle to something off a Doctor Who soundtrack though so it's not like it was a startlingly nerdy thing for us). We also dressed as Dipper and Mabel for Halloween this year. Seriously, if you haven't watched it, even if you aren't into cartoons - just go do it.  It's only 2 seasons and it's just so warm hearted and simultaneously nerdy and really down to earth, and the overarching plot is seriously pretty amazing and it ends so beautifully and I literally cry every time.  Ugh so good.

Ok anyway so after taking the last challenge off due to my life basically exploding (many many weddings/rehearsal dinner/bachelorette parties, about 900 extra dance lessons to prep for an upcoming performance, and some cat illness drama, and meeting Jonathan Van Ness which I needed approximately a full week to emotionally recover from) I am really hankering for a serious high spirited challenge. And what better than a Gravity Falls themed battle challenge to rev me back up and start prepping for the new year?  I have the excites.

So with all that said, here's my challenge. I'll be fighting Bill Cipher, the final and biggest of Big Bads in the show (he's the pyramid dude in my gif up top).  He has brought Weirdmaggedon down on Gravity Falls and it's up to Dipper and Mabel to stop him!  Each of the five weeks (starting this week!) they will be fighting one of Bill's cronies and gathering friends for the bigger fight to come. If I succeed with my goals for the week that week's minion will be subdued and a new friend will join the party.  Week 4 all the party members I've gathered will fight Bill and any undefeated minions.  If I've collected enough friends we will be able to handle some undefeated minions at the end, but also if I don't collect any friends but manage to beat all the minions then just Dipper and Mabel will be able to beat Bill on their own so that's where some flexibility on the challenge comes in.  My goals will be the same each week so it's just a matter of keeping them consistent to take down Bill. The final showdown with Bill will have different rules than weeks 0-3 which I'll post in a follow-on post. Initial rules are below with my goals!

The Goals:

giphy.gif

"Reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram" - Bill Cipher

Dance 4x/week = 100 HP damage to enemy per party member

Usually I don't set a goal for dancing because I'm going to be going anyway, but I really need to push myself to practice separately from my lessons and classes for the upcoming performance we have in December so I'll be tracking it.

"This party never stops! Time is dead, and meaning has no meaning. Existence is upside down." - Bill Cipher

Lift 3x/week = 100 HP damage to enemy per party member

I've been pretty consistently been able to work back in 3 sessions vs 2 for the last 3 months ish, I find that the only time I fail to do this is when I don't plan ahead so I've just got to make sure I know when I'll be doing what each week ahead of time.

"Songs Are Like Hugs that Mouths give to Ears" - Mabel Pines

ROMWOD 6x/week = 1 new friend added to party

I've been pretty good about ROMWODing, a few times a week but I need to get back to prioritizing it since I really started seeing improvements in my flexibility last time I did it almost every day and I want to be flexy. 

"If you're curious don't wait." - Dipper Pines

Updates 3x/week = 1 new friend added to party

One MAJOR thing I will be working on this challenge is my perfectionism. You know the whole "if it's not perfect why bother doing it" feeling that causes so many people (myself included) to say oh I can't stick to my meal plan so I might as well eat 100 slices of pizza? Or if I don't have time to clean my entire house why bother doing the little that I can? I've somehow gotten over all of this in my real life, but for the forums I somehow have not.  I always want to post all my happy (or not so happy things) and battle-log style catalogue how things are going with me, to the point that if I don't have time or space to do so I just...don't.  I need to seriously get over this because it has hindered me from keeping up with a lot of my past challenges, and ultimately I probably could have done the last challenge if I had just been OK with myself doing it all through Tapatalk. So this challenge I am redownloading Tapatalk, and I will be using Habit Bull to track my goals.  If I don't have time to say anything, I can just post my Habit Bull progress screen shot and have that be that.  Yes Tapatalk results in ugly posts and it makes me sad but it makes me sadder that I'm preventing myself from being here.

• Like 14

Following!

48 minutes ago, Raxie said:

"If you're curious don't wait." - Dipper Pines

Updates 3x/week = 1 new friend added to party

One MAJOR thing I will be working on this challenge is my perfectionism. You know the whole "if it's not perfect why bother doing it" feeling that causes so many people (myself included) to say oh I can't stick to my meal plan so I might as well eat 100 slices of pizza? Or if I don't have time to clean my entire house why bother doing the little that I can? I've somehow gotten over all of this in my real life, but for the forums I somehow have not.  I always want to post all my happy (or not so happy things) and battle-log style catalogue how things are going with me, to the point that if I don't have time or space to do so I just...don't.  I need to seriously get over this because it has hindered me from keeping up with a lot of my past challenges, and ultimately I probably could have done the last challenge if I had just been OK with myself doing it all through Tapatalk. So this challenge I am redownloading Tapatalk, and I will be using Habit Bull to track my goals.  If I don't have time to say anything, I can just post my Habit Bull progress screen shot and have that be that.  Yes Tapatalk results in ugly posts and it makes me sad but it makes me sadder that I'm preventing myself from being here.

Ugh I do this too! Good luck beating it this challenge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Following!

Ugh I do this too! Good luck beating it this challenge.

It's so hard! I love my gifs and pretty paragraph spacing and using this as an outlet for all my feels.  But I've gotta just learn to be OK with posting the bare minimum sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following. I don't know gravity falls, but at least now I know the origin of the tactical support hug gif. You're going to do really well with this challenge, especially with having tapatalk back.

sCshJhG.gif

Thanks! I tried to use the mobile site for a while, which I honestly like a lot better than tapatalk, but uploading images is too hard that way so back to tapatalk it is...

That is one of my favourite gifs of all time haha

• Like 3

Week Zero Planning & Life Updates

This week Dipper and Mabel will be fighting the Horrifying Sweaty One-Armed Monstrosity!

maxresdefault.jpg

And picking up two new friends to help them on their way through Weirdmageddon:

First up, Dipper and Mabel will be trying to find Waddles, who is hiding scared somewhere in Gravity Falls

tumblr_mrzuo6hdcg1rn2utdo1_500.gif

And secondly, the fight with the Horrifying Sweaty One Armed Monstrosity will distract it enough (even if they don't win) to have it release it's grip on Wendy!

CleanBogusCoati-small.gif

In dance news, I'm really going all out right now and prepping for 4 dances in an upcoming performance my studio is putting on.  Mr. Raxie is doing a Cha Cha to Mele Kalikimaka with me which I am SO HYPE ABOUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA.  Then I'm doing a pro-am Viennese waltz, am in a quickstep performance team, and an all ladies latin performance team which we're doing a jazz/broadwayish/cha cha compilation thingy. After all my debate and going back and forth earlier this year I've solidly decided that I'll definitely compete in some way in 2019 in heats (I've done a few showcases in friendly competitions but that feels more like a performance than a competition honestly). DEFINITELY will do a friendly between studios heat, still unsure about real competing next year.  Definitely eventually, but still up in the air if it's in the cards for 2019 or not.

In other news, in a temporary moment of complete and utter insanity, I decided to host thanksgiving for my family this year.  Both Mr. Raxie's and my family are coming for a total of ~12 people.  I'm SUPER excited to make basically the thanksgiving of my dreams (seriously I've never gone to any thanksgiving and liked absolutely everything that was cooked.  But I'm making alllllll the stuff I love and the leftovers will be glorious), but I'm also really pretty stressed about it.  I've got a really awesome menu planned out (I'll put it under a spoiler if you're interested) and am going to a farm to get a pasture raised heritage turkey, and I've got a whole schedule for Tuesday night, Wednesday day, and Thursday morning for how I'm going to get everything cooked so I know it will all be fine, but I've still got definite anxiety about it all going off without a hitch.

Menu of insanity below the cut:

Spoiler

Thanksgiving Menu:

• Appetizers:
    • Deviled Eggs 2 ways: Classic & Everything Bagel Style
    • Mushroom & Ricotta Crostini
    • Pesto & Bruschetta Crostini
    • Parmesan & lemon stuffed artichoke bottoms
    • Pumpkin butter and pecan baked brie
  • Sides
    • Radicchio salad w/home made sour cream ranch dressing
    • Roasted balsamic Brussel's sprouts
    • Broccoli & cheddar casserole
    • Orange sweet potato casserole
    • Butternut squash apple cider soup
    • Green Bean Casserole
    • Goat Cheese Roasted Garlic Buttermilk Baked Mashed Potatoes
    • Plan whipped Mashed Potatoes (some of Mr. Raxie's family doesn't like garlic so I'm making this as an alternative to the obviously superiour sounding mashed potato above)
    • Corn on the Cob
  • Dinner
    • Pull apart dinner rolls from scratch
    • Caramelized onion and white wine gravy
    • Fresh Cranberry Sauce
    • Apple & Sausage Ciabatta Stuffing
    • Buttermilk Brined Turkey

My mouth is literally watering thinking about all of this. Ughhh so pumped.  And also ughhhh so stressed hahah. I've never cooked for more than like 5 people before, and that was just one or two dishes not a whole feast so this should be interesting.  But I'll get to use our good china and our gravy boat! I'm basically domestic goddess geeking out over this. 

Andddd moving right along here is my plan/schedule for the week (I'll probably post a much simpler version that just has challenge goal stuff in it from Habit Bull sometime this week):

• Monday
    • George RR Martin Book Signing and Q&A on Fire & Blood
    • Get new couches & dispose of old couches
    • Lift
    • ROMWOD
    • Volunteer meeting
  • Tuesday
    • 2 dance classes
    • Cook what I can prep this early (make brine, bruschetta, dressings, soup base, gravy starter)
    • ROMWOD
  • Wednesday (I took the day off work YAY)
    • Pick up turkey from farm
    • Cook basically all the things
    • Dance rehearsal & class
    • Lift
    • ROMWOD
  • Thursday
    • Cook the remainder of the things
    • EAT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THE FOOD
  • Friday
    • Lift
    • ROMWOD
    • Digest
  • Saturday
    • Dance Rehearsal
    • ROMWOD
    • Friendsgiving Brunching
  • Sunday
    • Dance Practice
    • ROMWOD
  • Like 8

That thanksgiving sounds wonderful. I was wondering if you were hosting based on those grocery hauls you were posting.

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

George RR Martin Book Signing and Q&A on Fire & Blood

Remind him writing will go faster if he stops describing every single meal every character has ever eaten in the history of ever.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

Mr. Raxie is doing a Cha Cha to Mele Kalikimaka with me which I am SO HYPE ABOUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA. 

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!?!?!?????!?!

Y E S

Also omfg that menu omgomgomgfognmkjsdhgdsakght

45 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That thanksgiving sounds wonderful. I was wondering if you were hosting based on those grocery hauls you were posting.

Remind him writing will go faster if he stops describing every single meal every character has ever eaten in the history of ever.

It would also go faster if he would stop writing other books, like the one I'm going to the signing for! I almost didn't want to go in protest, but I'm also kinda like meh I'll take what I can get at this point.

28 minutes ago, shaar said:

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!?!?!?????!?!

Y E S

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Mr. Raxie has literally never performed in front of anyone ever in his life, or even like played sports in front of a big crowd (vs me who did ballet all my childhood/teenage years, and was on gymnastics and volleyball teams so even after ~10 years off of doing stuff like that transitioning to performing wasn't a huge deal) so I'm so super proud of him. And the dance is really cute I'm soooo pumpeeedddddd!!!!!

Also omfg that menu omgomgomgfognmkjsdhgdsakght

:D thanks!!! I can't wait to eat it all. 

• Like 5

Came to a Raxie thread.

Read it and looked over the plan.
tenor.gif

All the things!  Girl!   You crazy!   Amazing!   But also a little crazy.

Still very fun to watch, and as a fellow too busy girl myself, I know that a full schedule is a happy schedule.

Just make sure you know your spinning plate limit. :D

GargantuanWelldocumentedCopperbutterfly-

22 hours ago, Raxie said:

It's so hard! I love my gifs and pretty paragraph spacing and using this as an outlet for all my feels.  But I've gotta just learn to be OK with posting the bare minimum sometimes.

Ohhhh, how we are similar... :). I need to utilize TapaTalk more but I don't for the same reasons you don't lol. I loooooooooove the challenge set-up very much! And I haven't seen GF yet, but I'll be sure to watch it over Thanksgiving break :D. Following as always!

Image result for gravity falls gif

Wolf

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

All that food sounds lovely. Think I may have to make some roasted Balsamic Brussel sprouts, that sounds so good. 

They're some of my absolute favourites!! I make them pretty regularly throughout the year - I may add some maple syrup to give it a thanksgiving flair :)

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

happy gravity falls GIF

I LOVED GRAVITY FALLS!!!!!

Especially Gruncle Stan

anythings legal gravity falls GIF

AHHHH GRAVITY FALLS IS SO GOOOOOODDDD!!! Seriously I've never rewatched a carton series before (even if I love them like Futurama or Venture Bros), but I have ended up rewatching through this more than once. It's... just so amazing.

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Came to a Raxie thread.

Read it and looked over the plan.
tenor.gif

All the things!  Girl!   You crazy!   Amazing!   But also a little crazy.

Still very fun to watch, and as a fellow too busy girl myself, I know that a full schedule is a happy schedule.

Just make sure you know your spinning plate limit. :D

GargantuanWelldocumentedCopperbutterfly-

Hahah I was DEFINITELY above my plate limit last month, and it definitely took its toll on me physically and emotionally - but I'm back at a manageable plate level now.  And by manageable I mean I am at capacity but that's just the way I like it, so I know you understand :)

OH! I wanted to tell you too that I started a new D&D campaign with my old D&D friends! We hadn't played in like 6 months, and decided to scratch the 3.5 game we had been playing since 2012 and reboot with 5e and all new characters and storyline and such.  I went into the last game pretty much cold not knowing much about how to build my initial character to get to my goals, so while I miss my old Halfing Wizard to bits I am so pumped to actually understand what I want out of leveling and really start pushing for it from the get-go.  So excited! I'm a Dragon Born Sourcerer :D Shockingly, her name is Raxie hahah

1 hour ago, Wolfpool said:

Ohhhh, how we are similar... :). I need to utilize TapaTalk more but I don't for the same reasons you don't lol. I loooooooooove the challenge set-up very much! And I haven't seen GF yet, but I'll be sure to watch it over Thanksgiving break :D. Following as always!

Image result for gravity falls gif

Wolf

Oh man I hope you enjoy it! It's just so clever and entertaining and heartwarming without being cheesey at all.

Definitely get tapatalk! As much as it blows iIt's better than not being around methinks :) I won't judge your ugly tapatalk posts if you don't judge mine hahaha

• Like 1

0.T

giphy.gif

Zero week is off to a great start! I didn't order out, which I'm trying to cut wayyyy back on for my wallets sake, picked up the last minute stuff that I forgot Sunday grocery shopping for Thanksgiving, disposed of our old couch that has been living in the kitchen since Friday when we got our new couch, lifted (Back Squat, Bench Press, Barbell Row, Calf Raises, Barbell Curls, Crunches), and ROMWODed (Lizard, Twisted Lizard, Half Saddle, Double Pidgeon).

NFR - George R R Martin Book Signing/Q&A Event!

Spoiler

Thennnn I went to see George RR Martin speak about his new book Fire & Blood (history of the Targaryen house).  It's the only q&a/signing event he did for the book in the entire world so I was mega pumped it occurred in my city :D.  Apparently he grew up nearby and is home visiting family for Thanksgiving and that's why he did it which I think is super cool.  He's really freakin' hilarious and gracious and nice in person, I was really pleased with the whole event.  Also the book is HEFTY AF.  Like, it's GRRM so I knew it would be, but it's even bigger than I expected.  Also, there's art in it which I am PUMPED about.

Also, something I did not expect, when asked about Winds of Winter (because, obviously how was that not going to be a question) he kind of alluded to him feeling like the series has gotten so much bigger and more popular than the last time he released one of the main books for it it's gotten to the point that he's almost afraid to be done with it because he thinks people will be mad if it's not good which basically made me kind of want to cry. The amount of pressure he must feel has got to be monumental, and we all know some nerd folk can be not the nicest people if things aren't exactly how they want/expect it (the NF forum community OBVIOUSLY excluded).  It's amazing someone of his caliber basically STILL experiences what sounds to be imposter syndrome.  One persons "question" after that statement ended up being something that amounted to apologising on behalf of the nerd community for the online bullying and harassment he's received over this series and the TWOW release, anything he gives us is a gift, and we love him.  It was just so nice and the vibe around the whole event was so warm and happy feeling.  Such greatness.

Tonight I've got 2 dance classes after I get home from work, have some volunteer internet errands to take care of, want to get a ROMWOD in, and then will start the prep cooking for the Raxie Thanksgiving of Insanity!

Also, just to confuse everyone, I decided to change my avatar to a more recent picture.  I keep seeing that old one which used to be my Facebook and Instagram profile picture from like a year ago and feeling like it needed an update. Early fresh start for 2019!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

So excited! I'm a Dragon Born Sourcerer :D Shockingly, her name is Raxie hahah

OMG!  I AM SO EXCITED TO HEAR THIS RAXIE!!!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5974308

I was wondering if GRRM was suffering from some sort of fear of failure. He's not wrong to suspect some nerds are going to be mean about it, just incorrect in assuming their opinions matter. Also, is that a new profile pic? Your hair looks awesome in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

OMG!  I AM SO EXCITED TO HEAR THIS RAXIE!!!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5974308

Gahhhhh me too!!!! I'm feeling it so much more than I had been for the last few sessions of our last campaign, I've got the D&D excites!

I was wondering if GRRM was suffering from some sort of fear of failure. He's not wrong to suspect some nerds are going to be mean about it, just incorrect in assuming their opinions matter.

That's a great point.  I feel like that's easy enough to say about things at the level we do stuff on but I can't imagine what it's like to have the sheer volume of opinions he gets dumped on him about his work it's gotta be overwhelming. He really does need to just push forward though.

Also, is that a new profile pic? Your hair looks awesome in it.

It is! I decided it was time for an early upgrade before the new year.  Thank you!! I took that right before meeting JVN so of course I had to make sure my hair was on freakin' point XD

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 3:16 PM, Raxie said:

One MAJOR thing I will be working on this challenge is my perfectionism. You know the whole "if it's not perfect why bother doing it" feeling that causes so many people (myself included) to say oh I can't stick to my meal plan so I might as well eat 100 slices of pizza? Or if I don't have time to clean my entire house why bother doing the little that I can? I've somehow gotten over all of this in my real life, but for the forums I somehow have not.  I always want to post all my happy (or not so happy things) and battle-log style catalogue how things are going with me, to the point that if I don't have time or space to do so I just...don't

Yeah also guilty of doing this :) 

Raxie!!! Looks like we mind twinned again in totally skipping last challenge - but glad you’re back and I’ll be following along my Ballroom buddy! I’ve been struggling with solo practice too, but I know we’ll both find our way to pull ourselves through!

I love how you've structured this with the boss battles! Good luck!

Thank you!! It usually ends up motivating me a teensy bit more than a regular challenge when I've got battles to fight!
Oh man that menu sounds amaaaazing! But, but, where are the desserts?  

Hahah I told my guests to bring desserts, so it'll be a surprise for me!
Yeah also guilty of doing this  

It's so hard to not want to be like oh I'll respond to that later. But really I can always respond I've just gotta deal with it being not super thorough and giftastic! Like right now. Haha
Raxie!!! Looks like we mind twinned again in totally skipping last challenge - but glad you’re back and I’ll be following along my Ballroom buddy! I’ve been struggling with solo practice too, but I know we’ll both find our way to pull ourselves through!
Oh my gosh I was legit about to DM you and see if you were gonna be around this challenge bc I wanted to talk ballroom with you!! I've got 4 (or maybe 5 if i stick with what I was coerced into earlier tonight hahah) showcase style dances in the upcoming performance thing which is a bit insane so I also need to practice so I don't forget the choreography, I really need to focus the next few weeks!
  • Like 1

It's always so cool when an event/famous person is better than you expected. I'm glad you had fun at the talk, and excited for you for American Thanksgiving dinner!! Have fun cooking and eating all the things.