• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Raxie

Raxie Enters Weirdmageddon

Just re-read and processed all that info on your Thanksgiving cooking and ballroom showcase plans. Lots of epicness all around, especially with that T-day spread. Soooo tasty sounding!

Sooo....

...Dove into Gravity Falls this weekend and LOVE IT! It's such a good show! Heather loves it. The boys love it. So, yeah, just wanted to thank you for turning me onto this amazingly awesome and funny show!

Related image

Wolf

• Like 1

Never watched this show before so a lot of this just went right over my head, but the challenges look good!

Damn, just typing on your thread makes me want to go pour a whisky...

On 11/22/2018 at 2:51 AM, Kestrel Grey said:

It's always so cool when an event/famous person is better than you expected. I'm glad you had fun at the talk, and excited for you for American Thanksgiving dinner!! Have fun cooking and eating all the things.

Agreed! I've never actually been disappointed by anyone I've met but I've certainly heard enough tales to be wary.

On 11/22/2018 at 7:26 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

On board for tales of Raxie the dragonborn sorcerer

The tales should be epic! We just defeated some zombie plague that originated because an old wizard wanted to bring his dead mother back. So fun.

On 11/22/2018 at 8:50 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Phew, now we can be friends again. :D 

Haha oh yay! There was apple walnut rasin pie, berry pie, chocolate chip cookies, and an apple tart which was my personal favourite.

On 11/22/2018 at 8:59 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I just showed Sra. Tanque your menu and she is very impressed and a little intimidated.

Aw! Well, I started cooking like 3 days in advance I'm pretty sure anyone can do mostly anything in that amount of time haha

On 11/22/2018 at 10:30 AM, shaar said:

RAXIE GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!! <3 Can't wait to hear how it all went!!

THANK YOUUUUU!!!! It went pretty great.  I'll be posting about it in a bit.

On 11/25/2018 at 7:06 PM, MikeW said:

Just re-read and processed all that info on your Thanksgiving cooking and ballroom showcase plans. Lots of epicness all around, especially with that T-day spread. Soooo tasty sounding!

Hahah thanks! The Thanksgiving hurdle has been beat and now it's time to buckle down on the dancing :)

On 11/26/2018 at 3:50 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

2nhrhx.jpg

This is definitely my favourite iteration of this meme ever <3 I'll treasure it forever hahah.  Here's a less personalized but still relevant one for you :D

MJ6Y.gif

10 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Sooo....

...Dove into Gravity Falls this weekend and LOVE IT! It's such a good show! Heather loves it. The boys love it. So, yeah, just wanted to thank you for turning me onto this amazingly awesome and funny show!

Related image

Wolf

YAY so glad you all love it! It really is so awesome how it manages to be family friendly but still so clever enough to make adults want to watch it (and not just like, deal with it when it's on for the kids but actively want to watch it haha)

8 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Hey hey Raxie!   How's it going?  How was that thanksgiving epicness?  Are you all recovered?

I am finally recovered! Thanks for checking in. I actually stayed home yesterday to get some extra sleep and destress because it was all a lot and my weekend was so jam packed I didn't have time to decompress yet.  But I'm back at it today :)

1 hour ago, Big_Show said:

Never watched this show before so a lot of this just went right over my head, but the challenges look good!

Damn, just typing on your thread makes me want to go pour a whisky...

It's a pretty great show if you have the time, if not most of what I write about will probably be dance related anyway haha. Which PS they no longer offer Strictly on Brit Box here so I haven't been able to watch this season and I'm DYING!

Happy to be of service, inspiring bad decisions from all the way across the pond :)

8 hours ago, wovercast said:

Here for the awesome...

I just seriously did a double take to make sure I wasn't hallucinating that you really just posted on my thread, and around the same time as Big Show, too! It's been far too long since I wrapped my pimp arm around you guys XD

• Like 2

Week Zero Wrap Up

Hokay - so a little late to doing this but last week was NUTS! I only really fully decompressed from it last night.  I basically got everything done - I even ROMWODed on Thanksgiving. The only thing that was questionably completed was dancing 4x/week.  The studio was closed half the week so I couldn't get in a practice session - but I did do a teensy bit of dance practice in my kitchen with Mr. Raxie on Sunday and then also did some dancing in the kitchen on Thanksgiving itself once some beverages were consumed so I'm gonna just go ahead and count it.

So the Horrifying Sweaty One-Armed Monstrosity has been defeated! And Waddles and Wendy are now on Team Raxie for the rest of this journey!

As for Thanksgiving - I started cooking mid-day Wednesday, went to pick up a heritage pasture raised turkey from a farm, and fell behind because I stayed later at dance, so Thursday was a bitttttt stressful.  I ended up totally forgetting to make the salad but aside from that honestly everything turned out SO GOOD and everyone was super happy and I loved having all those people over and enjoying each others company and my food and now I want to host every year.  I love domestic goddess nerding out. I GOT TO USE A GRAVY BOAT LIKE WHAT?!!!??!?!?! SO FUN!

Week One Plans

So this week the enemy is Keyhole:

latest?cb=20151027214352

And we will be trying to get Deputy Durland and Sheriff Blubs out of his grasp!

latest?cb=20160217035512

Love them.

Mr. Raxie and I had a really good rehearsal for our Cha Cha last night I'm starting to not be worried about it.  My pro-am number I'm a little stressed about still... 3 lessons left for that one.  I'm thinking maybe I'll schedule an extra one in there before the showcase because I just am not feeling as solid in it as the other dances. I don't know if it's because it's more just me or because we've only been working on it for a few weeks and it's definitely harder... vs the one with Mr. Raxie which is like all Bronze-ish steps and we've been working on it for 10 ish weeks. I also need to figure out what the heck I'm doing for my costume for my pro-am v. waltz. Do I want a dress or a skirt and a top and should it be long and do I want it to be sparkly? So many decisions to be made. Hahah. In other dance news I went to jive class tonight and felt really great about it. So this week overall is going quite well so far in dancing.

I am SO SORE though, I did some bad plate math and accidentally OHP-ed 7.5lb more than I meant to - I failed one of the sets but otherwise was able to do 5x5 which is pretty shocking to me but now my shoulders are sooooo DOMS-y.  I need a massage stat.

And here's my schedule:

Spoiler
  • Monday
    • Mele Kalikimaka Cha Cha rehearsal w/Mr. Raxie
    • Lift
    • ROMWOD
    • Volunteer meeting
  • Tuesday
    • 2 dance classes
    • ROMWOD
  • Wednesday (I took the day off work YAY)
    • V. waltz pro am rehearsal & swing class
  • Thursday
    • Lift
    • ROMWOD
    • Latin performance team rehearsal
  • Friday
    • ROMWOD
  • Saturday
    • 2 Dance classes
    • Lift
    • ROMWOD
    • Boardgame party
  • Sunday
    • Quickstep performance team rehearsal & dance class
    • ROMWOD

• Like 12

Your Thanksgiving menu is absolutely epic!  

Thank you! It was a little too adventurous for some of Mr Raxies family but now we have infinite leftovers so I really am not upset about it haha
I have never heard of Gravity Falls, and now I feel like I must watch it when I get done with Father Ted.

You should! It's so heartwarming and hilarious.
This season of Strictly is sooooo good! Move here and watch it with me!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ahhhh that is so tempting to do right now you have no idea (or considering you probably watch the news maybe you do have an idea). I think if I can figure out how to VPN into something or other I can watch it on the BBC iPlayer, or I might be able to buy it on the UK Amazon if it lets me. I need to look into this more thoroughly. I'm missing my yearly dose of Claudia Winkleman.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Raxie said:

I just seriously did a double take to make sure I wasn't hallucinating that you really just posted on my thread, and around the same time as Big Show, too! It's been far too long since I wrapped my pimp arm around you guys XD

We'll have to get together again at the next CAMP...

Oh wait...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, Raxie said:

YAY so glad you all love it! It really is so awesome how it manages to be family friendly but still so clever enough to make adults want to watch it (and not just like, deal with it when it's on for the kids but actively want to watch it haha)

It definitely balances all aspects really well. It's not annoying, which is a HUGE plus. It's funny, it's kid friendly, it's got good story telling, and the artwork is fun :). The boys keep asking to watch it lol. 

Wolf

Congrats on the accidental extra OHP, I hope your shoulders feel better soon.   

Wovercast, you just had to go there, didn't you?

Thanks! They are feeling better today for sure, but I'm still glad I'm not scheduled to lift again until tomorrow.

It definitely balances all aspects really well. It's not annoying, which is a HUGE plus. It's funny, it's kid friendly, it's got good story telling, and the artwork is fun . The boys keep asking to watch it lol. 

Wolf

Aww, the second season is especially great. Theres a nice story arc that I feel like is lacking a lot of times in cartoons.

I'm not bitter at all. I am totally ok with NF not doing camp again. Totally. OK.

Fry-Eye-Twitching-Watery-Mouth-While-Freaking-Out-On-Futurama.gif

Oh yeah me neither. Definitely not bitter, why would I be bitter? It's fine. EVERYTHING IS FINE! JUST FINE!

(Is it super sad and pathetic that there's a teensy weensy glimmer of hope in me that thinks maybe they'll do it in like 2020 or something since that email didn't super explicitly say there's absolutely never going to be one again? Yes. Most definitely yes. Raxie is pathetic. BUT MOST DEFINITELY NOT BITTER)

• Like 2

The problem was Camp took up sooooooooo much bandwidth for NF they didn't have a chance to do almost anything else. Steve knew he could either do camp or grow the business, but not both. He said that much in the email where they announced there would be no camp 2017. I suspected at Camp in 2016 he was barely breaking even on camp, if even that. It's easy to forget that with all the stuff Steve does for free (The forums, e.g.) that NF is in fact a business.

Having said that, no where is it written down we are required to like that the Camps stopped.

• Like 3

The problem was Camp took up sooooooooo much bandwidth for NF they didn't have a chance to do almost anything else. Steve knew he could either do camp or grow the business, but not both. He said that much in the email where they announced there would be no camp 2017. I suspected at Camp in 2016 he was barely breaking even on camp, if even that. It's easy to forget that with all the stuff Steve does for free (The forums, e.g.) that NF is in fact a business.

Having said that, no where is it written down we are required to like that the Camps stopped.

Oh yeah I totally get that, which is why I've got the glimmer of hope tbh. Once they're been focusing on growing the business for a few years maybe they'll have the capability to do it again, and enough customers to make it possible to be more profitable (because I too got the feeling it wasn't really either). Mayyyyyybe .

• Like 4