• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Raxie

Raxie Enters Weirdmageddon

Recommended Posts

I saved up my vacation time in 2017 because I was for sure going to go to camp.  >.>

 

But ya know what guys?  Rangers gonna ranger!   No reason we can't just organize a huge meet up in Texas and plan cool things to do as a group!    We had that 'total solar eclipse' in Texas party we were going to plan!

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

I saved up my vacation time in 2017 because I was for sure going to go to camp.  >.>

 

But ya know what guys?  Rangers gonna ranger!   No reason we can't just organize a huge meet up in Texas and plan cool things to do as a group!    We had that 'total solar eclipse' in Texas party we were going to plan!

 

 

There is a very good chance I will be in Dallas for the solar eclipse....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I saved up my vacation time in 2017 because I was for sure going to go to camp.  >.>
 
But ya know what guys?  Rangers gonna ranger!   No reason we can't just organize a huge meet up in Texas and plan cool things to do as a group!    We had that 'total solar eclipse' in Texas party we were going to plan!
 

I agree! We had a super successful Spartan meet up in DC so this seems very doable. At this point the camp classes and personal growth was amazing and all, but really I just miss my nerd faces and seeing everyone far outweighs a desire for actual camp honestly.
 
There is a very good chance I will be in Dallas for the solar eclipse....
Is that the one in 2024? I'm pretty positive I can make that happen. And honestly I'll probably be making a trip down south before then too (either next year or 2020) and will need to do some nerd drive bys too.
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Raxie said:

and do I want it to be sparkly?

How is this even a question? :D 

 

So impressed with your domestic godessing and that you managed to pull it all off!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

How is this even a question? :D 

 

So impressed with your domestic godessing and that you managed to pull it all off!

 

You're right. The real question is how sparkly do I want to be? Hahaha. The dance is to "Bound to You" by Christina Aguilera and it doesn't really strike me as a super sparkly song?

 

If you're interested to hear it (do try to ignore the terrible angsty video XD)

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Is that the one in 2024? I'm pretty positive I can make that happen. And honestly I'll probably be making a trip down south before then too (either next year or 2020) and will need to do some nerd drive bys too.

 

Yup, 2024. Surely you have an excuse to come to my area sooner than that!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Raxie said:

The real question is how sparkly do I want to be?

Now you sound like a ballroom dancer haha. But I do see what you mean about it not being a super sparkly song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, wovercast said:
 
Yup, 2024. Surely you have an excuse to come to my area sooner than that!


I'm pretty positive that's a true statement :)

 

41 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:
Now you sound like a ballroom dancer haha. But I do see what you mean about it not being a super sparkly song.

Hahaha I've only been doing it for about a year and have yet to compete in anything serious so I am still learning the true ballroom ways XD.

Yeah I was thinking something kind of flowy and lyrical looking probably?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well damn - browsing for the first time not on Tapatalk in a day or so and realizing it blows up emojis like WOAH. Y u do that Tapatalk?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raxie said:

You're right. The real question is how sparkly do I want to be? Hahaha. The dance is to "Bound to You" by Christina Aguilera and it doesn't really strike me as a super sparkly song?

You're definitely still learning.

 

EVERY SONG IS SPARKLY.

 

You could go with a darker sparkle if you want to channel some angst. :D

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update today - so tired. Had such bad insomnia last night and got like 3 hours of sleep. I made the rookie mistake of not realizing I needed some sleeping assistance in the form of melatonin or valerian root (or honestly I'll sometimes knock myself out with a Benadryl if I'm feeling extra desperate... don't worry I don't do this regularly) until it was far too late and would have made me feel like garbage all day. Blargh. I've got a private lesson for my hardest dance tonight and I hope I can get some energy for it otherwise it's really not going to go well and I'm at a point where I really need my lessons to be super productive with the showcase so soon. This mega exhaustion has not stopped me from listening to all the various songs I'm performing to on repeat all day and running the dances in my head, however. Definitely feeling a little obsessively psycho atm XD. Pretty sure I'm OK with it though.

 

Sorry for the super blah down beat post! Other than massive tiredness all is well, though. In good news, two of my cats who generally hate each other were caught cuddling last night so that's giving me some joy today. Hope everyone's Wednesdays are trucking right along!

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Camp Rangerfitness is going to happen in Texas

That was my assumption, as well.

 

2 hours ago, Raxie said:

so tired

Speaking as one of the chronically sleep-deprived, I feel for your feels.  I hope tonight is more restful for you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raxie! I hope you are asleep RIGHT NOW and having peaceful dreams like floating in a warm cloud of happy butterflies :) exhaustion and insomnia suck, and it seems like you’re running on all cylinders right now!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Raxie!! I am not at all surprised that you're a Gravity Falls fan. :D Good job on your first week!

 

I'm so sad they're not doing camp! I was totally planning to go to the next one, to the point that I was planning to save vacation time for it that first year they skipped it. T_T 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 10:07 AM, Starpuck said:

I saved up my vacation time in 2017 because I was for sure going to go to camp.  >.>

 

But ya know what guys?  Rangers gonna ranger!   No reason we can't just organize a huge meet up in Texas and plan cool things to do as a group!    We had have that 'total solar eclipse' in Texas party we were going to plan!

 

 

FTFY ;) 

 

On 11/28/2018 at 10:25 AM, wovercast said:

 

There is a very good chance I will be in Dallas for the solar eclipse....

 

I'm never gonna complain if you guys wanna make a huge meet up in Texas! When (not if) we get this thing planned out, I'll 100% be there :D. With it being....5 years away, we should be able to plan something amazingly epic!

 

Image result for build it and they will come gif

Image result for build it and they will come gif

 

Wolf

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 1:23 PM, raptron said:

EVERY SONG IS SPARKLY.

 

You could go with a darker sparkle if you want to channel some angst. :D

SECONDING THIS!!!

 

I'm definitely picturing dark and sparkly as a good option (either jet or hematite if you're adding rhinestones yourself) if you wanna channel angst, but could also see something lyrical in white or any pastel color and still appropriately sparkly - it is BALLROOM after all. :P

 

Sorry to hear on the rough day, hope today's going better for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Raxie? How is your life today on a scale from one lonely sequin to A MAGICAL UNENDING FOUNTAIN OF SPARKLES?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on making it through such a busy weekend (and your Thanksgiving meal sounded fairly epic and may have made me drool just a little while reading about it...). I hope you get some decent sleep, being sleep deprived even for a day or two is no fun.

 

Also, despite being not a very sparkly person myself, I can't help but agree that every song is a sparkly song. I secretly have a love of sparkles (though they can be overdone at times, so really I have a love of tasteful sparkles), and feel they are almost always the right choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 2:23 PM, raptron said:

You're definitely still learning.

 

EVERY SONG IS SPARKLY.

 

You could go with a darker sparkle if you want to channel some angst. :D

 

 

Hahaha when you're right you're right.  I am doing a blue fllowy skirty and probably a black sequin top if I can find one.  Sequin tops seem to be in very high demand in the holiday season probably for holiday parties.  I could be convinced to do a dark gray/silver sparkle too instead. Otherwise I'll probably just do a black top and be boring.

 

On 11/28/2018 at 2:35 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I just want to point out the path of total darkness on that eclipse is close enough to make San Antonio a viable basecamp for the Rangers. Also I love that in everyone's mind Camp Rangerfitness is going to happen in Texas.

 

Ooooh this sounds so feasible it hurts.  Also, there was talk of Camp Rangerfitness a year or so ago in TX so I think the assumption would be that it is now Ranger home base, which is pretty awesome because I do love that state.

 

On 11/28/2018 at 4:28 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Make sure you eat enough to give you some energy for tonight since you didn't get much sleep. I hope tonight is better.

 

Thanks! Sleep problems are so tough ugh.

 

On 11/28/2018 at 5:44 PM, Cheetah said:

That was my assumption, as well.

 

Speaking as one of the chronically sleep-deprived, I feel for your feels.  I hope tonight is more restful for you!

 

Thank you! It wasn't, but then the next night kinda was. Blargh.  I'm sorry you have the same issues!

 

On 11/28/2018 at 9:51 PM, rowan said:

Raxie! I hope you are asleep RIGHT NOW and having peaceful dreams like floating in a warm cloud of happy butterflies :) exhaustion and insomnia suck, and it seems like you’re running on all cylinders right now!

 

Aw thank you! Once I did eventually fall asleep it was a super great warm cloud of butterflies kind of sleep so yay!

 

On 11/29/2018 at 11:50 AM, NeverThatBored said:

Hi Raxie!! I am not at all surprised that you're a Gravity Falls fan. :D Good job on your first week!

 

I'm so sad they're not doing camp! I was totally planning to go to the next one, to the point that I was planning to save vacation time for it that first year they skipped it. T_T 

 

Thank you!

 

Aw me too - but Camp Rangerfitness or other meet ups are still a possibility!

 

On 11/29/2018 at 12:10 PM, Wolfpool said:

 

FTFY ;) 

 

 

I'm never gonna complain if you guys wanna make a huge meet up in Texas! When (not if) we get this thing planned out, I'll 100% be there :D. With it being....5 years away, we should be able to plan something amazingly epic!

 

Image result for build it and they will come gif

Image result for build it and they will come gif

 

Wolf

 

We can definitely make this happen I feel like.  Eek!

 

On 11/29/2018 at 3:23 PM, MikeW said:

SECONDING THIS!!!

 

I'm definitely picturing dark and sparkly as a good option (either jet or hematite if you're adding rhinestones yourself) if you wanna channel angst, but could also see something lyrical in white or any pastel color and still appropriately sparkly - it is BALLROOM after all. :P

 

Sorry to hear on the rough day, hope today's going better for you!

 

Nah I'm not stoning anything myself (not quite there yet... but I'm sure I will be haha).  I'm just buying stuff off amazon - it's for our semiannual showcase in a nearby theatre so it's not like a competition or anything so I'm not super concerned about the costuming standing out, just as long as I look good.  Black sequins or if I can fine a stoned shirt I'd be all in for that.  I'm honestly getting so excited about the costumes for all the numbers I'm in - I forgot how much fun this part was!

 

On 11/30/2018 at 1:43 PM, rowan said:

Hi Raxie? How is your life today on a scale from one lonely sequin to A MAGICAL UNENDING FOUNTAIN OF SPARKLES?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I would say it is not quite an undending fountain, but definitely a large airliner full of sparkles kind of day <3

 

3 hours ago, obax said:

Congrats on making it through such a busy weekend (and your Thanksgiving meal sounded fairly epic and may have made me drool just a little while reading about it...). I hope you get some decent sleep, being sleep deprived even for a day or two is no fun.

 

Also, despite being not a very sparkly person myself, I can't help but agree that every song is a sparkly song. I secretly have a love of sparkles (though they can be overdone at times, so really I have a love of tasteful sparkles), and feel they are almost always the right choice.

 

Thank you! It was rough for sure but I loved every second of it.

 

Don't be shy about your sparkle love! Sparkles are so fun. When done tastefully :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Ooooh this sounds so feasible it hurts.  Also, there was talk of Camp Rangerfitness a year or so ago in TX so I think the assumption would be that it is now Ranger home base, which is pretty awesome because I do love that state.

Oh Heck Yeah! All Hail The Lone Star State! Remember The Alamo! Whataburger for life! BRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!*

 

 

 

*with no judgement about BBQ Sauce, because since I put beans in my Chili it's hypocritical to judge people who put BBQ Sauce on Brisket.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I just want to point out the path of total darkness on that eclipse is close enough to make San Antonio a viable basecamp for the Rangers. Also I love that in everyone's mind Camp Rangerfitness is going to happen in Texas.

I'm with you on the basecamp for the eclipse. As for Camp Rangerfitness, I'm voting for Hawaii.:smug:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Oh Heck Yeah! All Hail The Lone Star State! Remember The Alamo! Whataburger for life! BRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!*

 

 

 

*with no judgement about BBQ Sauce, because since I put beans in my Chili it's hypocritical to judge people who put BBQ Sauce on Brisket.

 

I love Brisket so much, but I also love BBQ sauce.  I'm not a Texan but I'm of the opinion that the brisket should never NEED sauce and should be a wonderful joyful party for your tastebuds all on its own, but if you love sauce and add it then more power to you because bbq sauce is delicious.

 

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

I'm with you on the basecamp for the eclipse. As for Camp Rangerfitness, I'm voting for Hawaii.:smug:

 

Hawaii is the besttttttt.  I went with some people from CNF a few years back on a "Nerdcation".  Would totally repeat.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.