• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Wild Wolf

{Wolfpool} Always Two Steps Ahead Pt. 1: "The Gauntlet"

Recommended Posts



I know for a fact you have met Wolfie in person, how could you not know what you have gotten yourself into?


It's true, twice no less - I should have known better. Hahah
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

WG!! Good to see you, man! I can't wait to see your character for my upcoming team challenge. If you are bored and wanna start early, go HERE and learn about all the different exosuits. I started you out on the Ranger and there's links to the other 3 down at the bottom of the page. So, parooze the site, check out their possible gear loadouts and let me know which one tickles your fancy ;)

So I had a gander at the site and I found something that excites me:  Interceptor Javelin Assassin :)  Preferred Assault systems are a combination of the Seeker Glaive and Cryo Glaive used in tandem to freeze an assassination target from a distance and then use the seeker to inflict damage as I steak by just out of reach. Preferred Strike Systems are Plasma Star and Tempest Strike.  The Target Beacon Support System used in combination with the other systems.  Essentially a highly mobile, highly stealthy, quick strike asset for eliminating key enemy elements as need.  Less useful in large scale assaults, but can augment to target enemy scouts or leaders.

 

Happy to come up with a back story when it gets to that point.  I already have some ideas :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Raxie said:

 

Oh boy what have I gotten myself into XD

 

Image result for buffy spike gif

 

Quote

 

Awww I love it!

 

 

Thank you!!! I felt it was time for a change hahah

 

I hear ya! Granted, your previous pic wasn't bad at all, this one...well, no disrespect, but you look pretty in it. So it makes for a good pic :) 

 

15 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Adorable?   You people find this adorable?

FOOD REFERENCES?

 

I guess there could be worse references, hahaha! "Your baby is now the size of a medium turd. Congrats!"

 

Quote

That's like the time I was at Boo at the Zoo for Halloween, and out loud said, "That kid looks freaking delicious."  (He was dressed as a very believable hotdog.)

 

thats-not-right-gif.gif

 

LMBO! You WOULD say something like that, lol. 

 

Related image

Related image

 

15 hours ago, Raxie said:

Maybe it's my cute aggression manifesting

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

 

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Appropriate, given Princess Mononoke suffers from a very strong case of cute aggression.

 

I was gonna post something similar lol!! Heather suffers from MAJOR cute aggression. It's gotten out of hand recently with her pregnancy, too. I've been wearing garlic around my neck and keep a vial of holy water in my pocket for those rough nights...

 

Quote

Also:

I know for a fact you have met Wolfie in person, how could you not know what you have gotten yourself into?

 

Image result for he's got a point gif

 

14 hours ago, Raxie said:

It's true, twice no less - I should have known better. Hahah

 

 

It'll be fun, I promise!

 

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

So I had a gander at the site and I found something that excites me:  Interceptor Javelin Assassin :)  Preferred Assault systems are a combination of the Seeker Glaive and Cryo Glaive used in tandem to freeze an assassination target from a distance and then use the seeker to inflict damage as I steak by just out of reach. Preferred Strike Systems are Plasma Star and Tempest Strike.  The Target Beacon Support System used in combination with the other systems.  Essentially a highly mobile, highly stealthy, quick strike asset for eliminating key enemy elements as need.  Less useful in large scale assaults, but can augment to target enemy scouts or leaders.

 

Happy to come up with a back story when it gets to that point.  I already have some ideas :) 

 

I knew you'd love the Interceptor! That's my favorite one too! I like where your heads at my friend and the way the gear loadouts work, is you pick one from the assault system, one from the strike, and one support. However, you can have multiple loadouts per Javelin to basically create different playstyles :). I also love the ideas of the glaive, seeker or cryo. But I also love the spark dash and star strike, both high speed attacks that take advantage of the suits base speed. The possibilities are kinda endless. I'm even loving having acid bomb and corrosive spray as a poison DoT build :D. I can talk Anthem stuff all day man, it never gets old lol. Keep your ideas growing, WG, cuz I know you'll have something special once my team challenge rolls around in late February/early March.

 

Today is a good day...even at 7am. I've been up since 445, got to work and clocked in by 6 and getting to leave at 12 today, woot woot! Then 5-days off work! So. Much. Excite! I want to be a productive little bee the next couple of days though. I don't want to use these 5-days off as an excuse to be lazy! I'll probably go for a walk/ruck/run on Thursday morning before the Thanksgiving festivities begin and continue to do GtG with pull-ups (and push-ups). I'll prolly just superset them :).

 

I hope everyone has a great day today! <3

 

Wolf

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sylvaa

 

I'm gonna be using you again in a similar role I had you in for the Division themed challenge. In Anthem, there are people known as Cyphers. They are the "eyes and ears" for the pilots. Because the world of Anthem doesn't have computer chips, the pilots actually have no way to visible see where they are flying or whom they are fighting, and this is where the Cyphers come in:

 

Cyphers

Cyphers are humans gifted with and rigorously trained in the ability to communicate mentally over long distances, performing complex analytical calculations and processing incredible amounts of information. They serve in support roles to lancers, providing information and analysis during expeditions.

 

Cool, huh? So, I just wanted to point that out :D

 

Wolf

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

@Sylvaa

 

I'm gonna be using you again in a similar role I had you in for the Division themed challenge. In Anthem, there are people known as Cyphers. They are the "eyes and ears" for the pilots. Because the world of Anthem doesn't have computer chips, the pilots actually have no way to visible see where they are flying or whom they are fighting, and this is where the Cyphers come in:

 

Cyphers

Cyphers are humans gifted with and rigorously trained in the ability to communicate mentally over long distances, performing complex analytical calculations and processing incredible amounts of information. They serve in support roles to lancers, providing information and analysis during expeditions.

 

Cool, huh? So, I just wanted to point that out :D

 

Wolf

 

THIS IS AMAZING! And I am super excited. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

 

THIS IS AMAZING! And I am super excited. 

 

Good!! Because the interactions between Wolf and Sylvaa during the Division challenge was some of my favorite writing. The bantering and sarcastic nature of Sylvaa always made me excited to write her part of the story :D 

 

Wolf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolfpool said:

However, you can have multiple loadouts per Javelin to basically create different playstyles :)

Gotcha.  Perhaps I should wait to see the specific mission before picking the loadout, but his preferred attack is either stealth shots from a distance or high speed hit&run surgical strikes.  I already have an idea behind the character (including a name :D ) for his characteristics and attitude but it sounds like I might be getting ahead of myself :D :D :D 

 

Enjoy your 5 days off! :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Gotcha.  Perhaps I should wait to see the specific mission before picking the loadout, but his preferred attack is either stealth shots from a distance or high speed hit&run surgical strikes.  I already have an idea behind the character (including a name :D ) for his characteristics and attitude but it sounds like I might be getting ahead of myself :D :D :D 

 

Enjoy your 5 days off! :) 

 

You're definitely NOT getting ahead of yourself :D! Dude, if you want to talk ideas and stuff, let me know, I'm down for that discussion! I'll definitely give everyone who participates the ability to have at least 2-3 different loadouts if they wanted them. That's the beauty of the game, you can use ANY of the exosuits and create multiple loadouts for each suit without having to start the game over. Your pilot aka your freelancer levels up while your suits are decked out with the different gear slots. AND, personalization is separate from power. Meaning, you can look the way you wanna look without effecting your stats ;).

 

Check out the customization stream from last Thursday when you get a sec. The video below is from my good friend, William, and it gives the highlights of the stream, so, you're only spending 16 min watching instead of 45 lol.

 

 

 

Wolf

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Following for the farts! B) 

Wait... :o

 

Image result for pull my finger gif

 

Wait... :o

 

LOL! Hi TimovieMan, glad to have ya on board sir :)

 

Image result for deadpool fart

 

Wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 2:21 PM, TimovieMan said:

And_05a53a_341314.jpg

 

Image result for we're gonna get along just fine gif

 

On 11/21/2018 at 3:09 PM, Starpuck said:

Heya Wolf...

 

pull_ups_by_fishbone76-d6fqz18.png

 

5 x 5 unassisted, strict form, straight bar pull ups today.  

 

 

1. Well done on the pic...well done! 

2. Well done on the pull-ups :D. I did a set the other day and got 7 of them pretty good, so I'm really hoping for 10 by the end of the challenge.

3. Dat ME pic, tho... :wub:

 

On 11/21/2018 at 6:52 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Do you have any sample videos of gameplay so I can get a feel for how the game runs?  That would be quite helpful for fleshing out Mr. Aloysius Mathington :) 

 

Do I??? :D :D And this Thursday, they are doing another live stream from the Interceptors PoV ;). (The two gentlemen in the video below are the lead producers of Anthem.)

 

 

On 11/24/2018 at 10:04 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

giphy.gif

 

 

Well hello there, Viking Two-Zero ;) 

 

Related image

 

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Vere is little buddy hidink? Colossus am look for vulfpool, who is not post since Wednesday. 

 

 

Sorry, Chrome Dome, had a biiiizzzzzzzzzzeeeee Holiday weekend but I'm back and fired up! 

 

Image result for deadpool flamethrower

 

Just, FYI, Tank, the tank exosuit is called the Colossus in Anthem :D 

 

Challenge Update:

  • Back to the grind this week. Training for the Gauntlet started mentally last week, but I've started this week off with a workout today and two more planned the following couple of days. The goal is to focus mostly on my endurance and lung power as a lot of the PT test part is gonna require some quality muscle endurance. I can't expect to be perfect or get back to the level I was at when I ran my Spartan Race in just 4 short weeks, but I'm gonna give it my all, every day. 
  • 24-hr fast scheduled for this Sun-Mon (6pm-6pm)
  • 5-min cold shower taken: 0/1
  • 6 hrs of sleep last night- need to average 7
  • 1 hr of writing this week: 0/60 min
  • 1 hr of devotionals: 10/60 min

I had an excellent 5-days off and back at work today. It's gonna be a good week! Not a lot planned, but it'll prolly be busy either way lol. They announced another live stream this Thursday, which is exciting! They're gonna be showing off more Interceptor and parts of Fort Tarsis, the single player part of the game. I'm stoked to see some new footage! And given the "every two weeks stream" deal that BioWare has been doing, that gives us 5 more streams before the game is released (minus interfering holidays)! 

 

Wolf

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Of course it is :) 

 

And they carry big weapons that make things go Boom ;) 

 

Image result for anthem colossus gif

 

...oh! And they have a shield ;) 

 

Related image

 

Wolf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 6:52 PM, WhiteGhost said:

That would be quite helpful for fleshing out Mr. Aloysius Mathington :) 

 

I'm excited to find out more about Mr. Mathington ;) 

 

Wolf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boom-boom game looks like something I could fall asleep to while Mr plays it. I always fall asleep in the fight scenes... something about the explosions soothes me...

Yay beetroot baby! Grow little root veggie grow!

Good to see you back Wolfie


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never have any idea what you're talking about in your video game themed challenges, but whatevs...

 

5 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

OHHHH!!! I forgot to update you guys on what food the baby is being compared to this week: a beet!

 

Image result for deadpool beet

 

Does this mean you're... Deadbeet Dad?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 8:22 AM, Wolfpool said:

 

Image result for buffy spike gif

 

A Spike gif is honestly all the motivation I need.

 

On 11/21/2018 at 8:22 AM, Wolfpool said:

I hear ya! Granted, your previous pic wasn't bad at all, this one...well, no disrespect, but you look pretty in it. So it makes for a good pic :) 

 

Aww, thanks Wolfie! :)

 

13 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

but I'm gonna give it my all, every day. 

 

YES! Love this so much!

 

11 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

I forgot to update you guys on what food the baby is being compared to this week: a beet!

 

Awwww, I seriously cannot handle how cute this food comparison thing is. Sorry, 'puck, I know this disturbs you greatly, BUT LOOK AT THIS CUTE BEET!!!!

 

beet-leaves-icon-red-beetroot-260nw-6320

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Do I??? :D :D And this Thursday, they are doing another live stream from the Interceptors PoV ;). (The two gentlemen in the video below are the lead producers of Anthem.)

Sweet!  I will watch this and then then pull together my ideas for my character

 

14 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

 

I'm excited to find out more about Mr. Mathington ;) 

 

Wolf

I think you are going to like him :)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.