{Wolfpool} Always Two Steps Ahead Pt. 1: "The Gauntlet"

Wild Wolf

**weighs in on BSG ending**

I didn't love or hate it. It felt kind of lazy to me, but I thought it put the story in a good place.

Now I must go watch it again but I think it's off Netflix ;_;

• Like 1

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

Following along.  I'll get my own challenge up shortly.

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Great story segment!

16 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Fun story!

9 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Yay story! Now I want a thing on a stick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you guys so much!! It's been a while since I've been that excited about my writing and I'm already working on entry #2 as we speak! 

4 hours ago, therealkat said:

**weighs in on BSG ending**

I didn't love or hate it. It felt kind of lazy to me, but I thought it put the story in a good place.

Now I must go watch it again but I think it's off Netflix ;_;

Booo! Hopefully it's on Amazon or Hulu if that's the case. You could always join us nerds next year when we start BSG?? We may have a cat on bored but not therealkat...

Image result for if you catch my drift gif

3 hours ago, bker1370 said:

Following along.  I'll get my own challenge up shortly.

WOOT WOOT! I'll be on the lookout for it, Bker ;) 

Not gonna lie guys, I think my recent story post is the start of something very promising and exciting! I'm seriously gonna send in a copy to BioWare after it's done to try and convince them to publish it. Once the game comes out, I'll go back through the story and fix/add/takeaway stuff so it coincides with the world of Anthem, but yeah...I'm gonna go for it! What's the worse that could happen? They don't like the story or can't publish it? But what if they do like it and do want to publish it? Stranger things have happened folks.

I'm attempting a 24-hour fast as we speak. I stopped eating around 7:30 last night and am gonna try and go till about 7ish tonight. The only thing(s) I've had today is water, bulletproof coffee and some jolly ranchers. While the jolly ranchers aren't healthy by any stretch, they do help me from gnawing on my nails all day! Wish me luck, I still have 6+ hours left....

Image result for i'm hungry gif

Wolf

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

2 minutes ago, Salinger said:

GOOD LUCK WOLFIE!!!!! you can do it :) xx

Thanks, Sal!! xx :) 

Oh, and @Yasha92, this is what an Ursix looks like from the "ursix on a stick" ;) 

AvQDeQG.jpg

Not the best image, but it's described by the devs as a "space bear the size of a truck". Yummy :P. Here's a gif to show you it's size and the way it moves-

Related image

Wolf

• Like 3

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Just now, Elastigirl said:

Great idea to submit the story.

Thank you, EG! I may need reminders that even if the idea isn't mine that something good can come from writing and finishing the story. Even if it's that I finally finished a story! So, I may be calling on you and everyone else's help as the time comes :).

Wolf

• Like 2

Spoiler

46 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

I'm attempting a 24-hour fast as we speak. I stopped eating around 7:30 last night and am gonna try and go till about 7ish tonight. The only thing(s) I've had today is water, bulletproof coffee and some jolly ranchers. While the jolly ranchers aren't healthy by any stretch, they do help me from gnawing on my nails all day! Wish me luck, I still have 6+ hours left....

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thanks, Sal!! xx [emoji4] 

Oh, and [mention=20293]Yasha92[/mention], this is what an Ursix looks like from the "ursix on a stick" [emoji6] 

AvQDeQG.jpg

Not the best image, but it's described by the devs as a "space bear the size of a truck". Yummy [emoji14]. Here's a gif to show you it's size and the way it moves-

giphy.gif

Wolf

O_O

That would have to be a damn big stick...

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

50 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

O_O

That would have to be a damn big stick...

Right?!

Related image

Wolf

• Like 3

Spoiler

@Starpuck

BTW...there's someone on here name Starbuck, but I've never seen them! Anyways, you have a few admirer's on my discord. I got to meet up with a buddy of mine I met on there on Saturday and we took a great pic together. So, I posted it in the discord and everyone was commenting how my profile pic is nearly spot on for what I look like in RL. I told them I had a badass friend who drew it for me and then they all started asking if you would take commish to draw them as well. Anyways, just wanted to plug that in case you might be interested in making a little cash ;). Not sure what the booty would be, but I thought I would let you know regardless!  

...and I may commission you to draw me again at a later date if you're cool with that? I was hoping to get a drawn pic of me in a javelin suit once Anthem releases :D!  

Wolf

• Like 4

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

@Starpuck

BTW...there's someone on here name Starbuck, but I've never seen them! Anyways, you have a few admirer's on my discord. I got to meet up with a buddy of mine I met on there on Saturday and we took a great pic together. So, I posted it in the discord and everyone was commenting how my profile pic is nearly spot on for what I look like in RL. I told them I had a badass friend who drew it for me and then they all started asking if you would take commish to draw them as well. Anyways, just wanted to plug that in case you might be interested in making a little cash ;). Not sure what the booty would be, but I thought I would let you know regardless!  

...and I may commission you to draw me again at a later date if you're cool with that? I was hoping to get a drawn pic of me in a javelin suit once Anthem releases :D!  

Wolf

Omg, wuuuuuut?

Whooooa.   Um maybe, sure!    *looks at the ledge*   *looks at foot*   .oO(Step out of comfort zone.)

And in a Javelin?    I can probably swing that... I had a friend play an HK in a Star Wars game and was able to draw this.  So mech-like stuff is not TOTALLY foreign to me.  Heheh!

• Like 4

Level 69 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

15 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Omg, wuuuuuut?

Whooooa.   Um maybe, sure!    *looks at the ledge*   *looks at foot*   .oO(Step out of comfort zone.)

And in a Javelin?    I can probably swing that... I had a friend play an HK in a Star Wars game and was able to draw this.  So mech-like stuff is not TOTALLY foreign to me.  Heheh!

Lol, I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable with all that?! :( 

People were just admiring how well you drew an anime version of me that they wanted one for themselves :D. I like that drawing of the HK and I have full faith that you can draw a javelin or WHATEVER else you put your mind too, Mizz Puck ^__^

15 hours ago, therealkat said:

Good luck on the fast!!!

join nerds with BSG? Say more...

Image result for fast gif

Heck yeah! We're gonna all start watching it together after the holidays! 

Image result for battlestar galactica join us gif

:D 

Another good day ahead. Gonna write a little, do some devotionals and make the most out of having 6 flights of stairs to climb. I should be taking the stairs 3-4x a day to keep myself from sitting down too long, but I haven't. Since this challenge is about building good habits and establishing momentum going into 2019, I might as well make a goal to take the stairs AT LEAST 3x a day. 

Also, success! I completed my first 24-hour fast! I didn't eat until yesterday, a little after 7pm. WOOT WOOT! It was tough around 1130-12 yesterday but eventually I got into the zone and rocked it! One down, one more to go for the challenge.  I still need 2x 5-min cold showers this week and with it already being Wednesday, I'm quickly running out of time.

Wolf

• Like 6

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

I still need 2x 5-min cold showers this week and with it already being Wednesday, I'm quickly running out of time.

Then what are you waiting for? Get in the dang shower Wolfie! 

• Haha 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

1 minute ago, jonfirestar said:

Then what are you waiting for? Get in the dang shower Wolfie! 

When you're right, you're right!

Related image

Related image

Wolf

• Haha 1

Spoiler

Hahah those shower gifs perfectly show what a cold shower would be like.  My one hockey teammate always tried to convince us of ice baths after tournament weekends.  None of us complied.  LOL

And no, I just get startled Wolf!   It's neat that people saw it and noticed it and were like, 'cool! I want!'.    I just have very little confidence in my art.  (Because it's so hard to think one's efforts are not shite, when you look at all the talented people in the world.!)   I mean, I only started drawing so I could keep memories of my D&D games and stuff, so I never wanted/needed to be ZOMGAMZBALLS!    But it's a hard hobby to do when you are exposed to other more better art, all the time!    It's cool!  I was not uncomfortable.  Er, not anymore uncomfortable than I normally am hah.

• Like 2

Level 69 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On 12/5/2018 at 9:30 AM, Starpuck said:

Hahah those shower gifs perfectly show what a cold shower would be like.  My one hockey teammate always tried to convince us of ice baths after tournament weekends.  None of us complied.  LOL

It's tough to be motivated for a cold shower. There are times when I'm dripping sweat and it still doesn't sound appealing lol. 

And no, I just get startled Wolf!   It's neat that people saw it and noticed it and were like, 'cool! I want!'.    I just have very little confidence in my art.  (Because it's so hard to think one's efforts are not shite, when you look at all the talented people in the world.!)   I mean, I only started drawing so I could keep memories of my D&D games and stuff, so I never wanted/needed to be ZOMGAMZBALLS!    But it's a hard hobby to do when you are exposed to other more better art, all the time!    It's cool!  I was not uncomfortable.  Er, not anymore uncomfortable than I normally am hah.

It's all about perspective, I guess. Are there different artists out there? Yes. Are they better? I don't think so. I like your art and know you work hard on it and can appreciate that fact if nothing else. I do also understand where you're coming from. I don't usually think my writing is good but when Heather or you guys reassure me and enjoy what I write, I have to block out the negative side that always wants to compare. Drawing and Writing are both hard hobbies to get a leg in the door for, but if I can help spread your name around to get you positive exposure, then I will ;).

Especially since you have a love for BioWare as it is-there are people that can't draw stick figures, much less an anime portrait of themselves, lol. You're talented, Puck, and I won't take it back :P 

Today is gonna be a good day. It started off right with a trip to the gym this morning and decided to get on the bench press today. It's been....3-4 months since I've done bench press, so I thought, "why the heck not?" I supersetted it with TRX body rows. I've already drank my bulletproof coffee and gonna eat some PB&J for lunch. I have organic PB and J, plus omega 3 bread. Basically, the healthiest way I could make a PB&J lol. The VGA (Video Game Awards) are tonight and we get a brand new Anthem trailer plus other goodies! AND! They are letting those who have been selected for Alpha know via email! Fingers crossed! The catch-22 is that I have a family Christmas event to go to on Saturday, and if I do get accepted to test Alpha, then I would miss the time slot I signed up for. I still have Sunday... 

...The devs did say that those that were accepted could possible test the other time frames, which would be nice. I dunno, there's a lot of speculation, so I'll just wait to see if I've been approved before I start to figure out the nitty gritty, lol.

Look for Chapter 2 of the story this weekend!! I'm excited about this next entry :D!

Challenge Update:

• 0/2 Cold showers: NOPE
  • Average 7 hours of sleep: CHECK
  • 24-hour fast: PENDING
    • 1/2 completed
  • Devotionals (total time= 1hr): PENDING
    • 30 min remaining on the week
  • PT Test: PENDING
  • Writing 1 hour a week: CHECK
    • 1/4 entries completed

Wolf

• Like 8

Spoiler

Also...

Baby Wolf pic!!! The profile reminds me so much of Orin!

Wolf

• Like 9

Spoiler

ZOMG DAT BELLY!  RIPE FOR ZRRRBBBBTTING!

And thanks Wolf!  <3

Way to crank that workout out, and I am crossing all fingers for Alpha test and a workable time slot if you get it!    I wish I could get more involved on your Anthem server... I am pulled in so many directions, and I've not read into or gotten my feet into Anthem at all yet.   I usually just dive in to new games ONCE the game hits the ground.  Hopefully I can get into a niche there then!

• Like 2

Level 69 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

On 12/4/2018 at 1:44 AM, Wolfpool said:

“Ok, Col, you got this. You’re a skilled pilot. You’re charming. Your morals are questionable...Corvus is gonna love you.”

This and the part about being too slow were my favourite parts. :D

I think every creative field (and hey even some non-creative ones) have that problem.

• Like 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

On 12/6/2018 at 9:46 AM, Wolfpool said:

-there are people that can't draw stick figures, much less an anime portrait of themselves, lol. You're talented, Puck, and I won't take it back :P

@Starpuck I agree with Wolfie.  (from the stick figure brigade LOL)

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

22 hours ago, Marauder said:

giphy.gif

Image result for whats cookin goof lookin gif

21 hours ago, Starpuck said:

ZOMG DAT BELLY!  RIPE FOR ZRRRBBBBTTING!

RIGHT?! I can't wait to zerbert that baby!!

And thanks Wolf!  <3

You're most welcome!! <3 

Way to crank that workout out, and I am crossing all fingers for Alpha test and a workable time slot if you get it!    I wish I could get more involved on your Anthem server... I am pulled in so many directions, and I've not read into or gotten my feet into Anthem at all yet.   I usually just dive in to new games ONCE the game hits the ground.  Hopefully I can get into a niche there then!

Don't sweat it, Puck! There will be plenty of time to get your feet wet with Anthem :). The only other game I followed this closely was Watch Dogs 2 but I was never part of a community like I am with Anthem. The community, as we all know, is the most crucial part! I've met some cool folks on there, people I would consider good friends at this point, and I'll get the chance to play with all of them at launch! There's more PC players than anything else, so you'll definitely have ZERO trouble finding some awesome people to game with when you're ready ;).

21 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

This and the part about being too slow were my favourite parts. :D

I think every creative field (and hey even some non-creative ones) have that problem.

Aww, thanks, Echo! As always, constructive criticism (good or bad) is always needed to improve. 

2 hours ago, bker1370 said:

@Starpuck I agree with Wolfie.  (from the stick figure brigade LOL)

I'm glad I'm not the only one :D 

Guys....

...I was denied access to the Alpha.... :( 

Image result for ryan reynolds gif

KIDDING! I got in! WOOT WOOT! I got my email last night during the VGA's! AND, the new trailer for Anthem was AMAZING!

Wolf

• Like 3

Spoiler