{Wolfpool} Always Two Steps Ahead Pt. 1: "The Gauntlet"

18 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one :D 

Guys....

...I was denied access to the Alpha.... :( 

Image result for ryan reynolds gif

KIDDING! I got in! WOOT WOOT! I got my email last night during the VGA's! AND, the new trailer for Anthem was AMAZING!

*Sigh*

All right, go ahead and get all the "I'm an Alpha Male" jokes out of your system right here and now.

• Like 2

Wolf, that story!!!!!  I am getting so hyped for this right now you can't believe.  I will work on the character background story for my guy over the next couple of days.  Also, congrats an getting into the Alpha!!

I was a little sad that I couldn't catch up with you last week while I was in Texas, but it turns out that saying "we're both in Texas" is about as useful as saying "we're both in the same time zone" and sometimes less so.  Someday we'll make it happen :) 

• Like 3
On 12/6/2018 at 8:46 AM, Wolfpool said:

It's tough to be motivated for a cold shower

I tried that once, I thouht, it’s summer, no big deal.  (Hot water heater went out) They probably heard my shrieking 3 states away.  See, I forgot that the water xomes out of my well at 58 degrees. 

• Like 1
On 12/7/2018 at 3:54 PM, Marauder said:

Anthem HYPE!  I have another friend who got in.  Go get em.  Looks awesome.  

Oh really?? Which platform does your friend play on?? The Alpha was AMAZING! And now...I must remain silent...

Image result for shh gif

On 12/7/2018 at 3:55 PM, Marauder said:

and that Dragon age teaser.  Dang Bioware.  Killing me!

RIIIGHT?! The new Dragon Age is gonna be great!

On 12/8/2018 at 8:48 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

*Sigh*

All right, go ahead and get all the "I'm an Alpha Male" jokes out of your system right here and now.

Wait...we're just now starting this?? I've been under the impression that I've been able to spew "Alpha Male" jokes whenever...

...and Wherever ;)

Related image

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wolf, that story!!!!!  I am getting so hyped for this right now you can't believe.  I will work on the character background story for my guy over the next couple of days.  Also, congrats an getting into the Alpha!!

I'm so happy you liked the story, dude! Thank you for taking the time to read it :DAnd I'm psyched that your hyped!! I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of background you come up with for your character!

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I was a little sad that I couldn't catch up with you last week while I was in Texas, but it turns out that saying "we're both in Texas" is about as useful as saying "we're both in the same time zone" and sometimes less so.  Someday we'll make it happen :) 

I was a lotta sad we couldn't meet up dude... :(. Texas is the second biggest state in the US and unfortunately you were 3 1/2 hours away during the work week. We will definitely make it happen one day soon, dude. Please keep me updated when you make another San Antonio trip, my friend, because I won't miss the next one!!

8 hours ago, Rinna said:

I tried that once, I thouht, it’s summer, no big deal.  (Hot water heater went out) They probably heard my shrieking 3 states away.  See, I forgot that the water xomes out of my well at 58 degrees. 

Hiiiiiii Rinna!! 58 degree water from a well..WOW... that's cold!! I know what you mean though, lol. Even when your hot and sweaty, a cold shower still sucks! Speaking of, I did manage 1 cold shower this weekend!

Just a quick update. The Alpha Test was a lot of fun! Without saying too much, I got to spend a lot of times with the controls and really feel comfortable "on the sticks". Flying, shooting-all that feels great. I'm so thankful to of had this opportunity to test the game out and report the bugs I encountered :D .

Related image

I didn't get to work on my story this weekend, so, another update with that later this week. I hope you all had a great weekend! 

Wolf

• Like 6
On 12/7/2018 at 8:24 PM, Wolfpool said:

...I was denied access to the Alpha.... :( 

Image result for ryan reynolds gif

KIDDING! I got in! WOOT WOOT! I got my email last night during the VGA's! AND, the new trailer for Anthem was AMAZING!

Ahh the old bait and switch. Hyped for you Wolfie!! 

• Like 1
On 12/10/2018 at 4:25 AM, jonfirestar said:

Ahh the old bait and switch. Hyped for you Wolfie!! 

Image result for I tricked you gif

On 12/10/2018 at 11:07 AM, Marauder said:

PC.

Congrats on the baby!  I hadn't heard yet.  :D

Thank you, Marauder! Heather and I are both very excited! She just hit 16 weeks today :D 

PC...Boo. XB1X for me. But here's hoping for crossplay!

16 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Man that gif... reminded me immediately of this...

That was awesome! I see the similarities now! I mean...it is BioWare after all lol. I think I've already told you that I never played the ME games. I was trying to go through them all before Anthem came out, but it's a tall order considering how extensive the entire ME series is. I want to play Andromeda though-I heard it got a 4k update for XB1X :). They also just added Strange Brigade and Mutant Year Zero to the game pass....so, I dunno WHEN I'll get to finishing ME. My intro to BioWare was Dragon Age: Inquisition for the most part.

I suppose it's time for a challenge update as we are knee deep in week 3! 

CHALLENGE UPDATE:

• 1/8 cold showers taken
    • slacking here, but worry not. I'll have all 8 completed before the challenge ends
  • I'm averaging around 7 hrs of sleep a night, but I'm cutting it too close.
    • I need to tighten this up - especially during the work week.
  • Devotional time has been completed except I broke my bible app streak Saturday....a little bummed about that.
  • 1/4 writing entries completed. 
    • Due to Anthem Alpha Weekend, I didn't make any time to complete this. Worry not, though! :) 

I've said it before and I'll say it again; "My challenge is a long man's game." This is about being a little better every day, with a little more effort input each time. There's no quick fixes here. 

BABY NEWS AND UPDATE!! Heather is 16 weeks along now and our baby is being compared to:

Fruit/Veggie: Pickle

Related image

Animal: Philippine Tarsier

Image result for philippine tarsier

Dessert: Poire belle Helene

Image result for poire belle helene

Random: Deadpool Action Figure

Image result for deadpool 2 sheriff deadpool gif

Speaking of DP. I'm going to see Once Upon a Deadpool tonight with Heather! I'm actually really excited about it :D!

Image result for deadpool christmas gif

Wolf

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

This is about being a little better every day, with a little more effort input each time. There's no quick fixes here. 

And that is the golden ticket Charlie!

Great work trucking along on things.

And ... excuse me?  ONLY Inquistion?   And not a single lick of ME?  

uk0m0fU.gif

Rule #1 of Mass Effect, YOU DO NOT START WITH ANDROMEDA UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

You go play Mass Effect 1!  You struggle through dated graphics and clunky combat.  Then you play 2, then 3, then you cry as you play Andromeda....

I am shocked!   SHOCKED!

This needs to be addressed Wolf.     ME1 can be done in 25 hours.  ME2, closer to 40.  ME3, ehm, oh look a flying donut.  BUT JUST GET IT DONE!

tumblr_n5m2fijrNN1tbx211o4_r1_500.gif

Also, this guy?  This is Joker.  He's voiced by Seth Green.  Seth. Freaking. Green.
PLAY THE SERIES!!!!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Only if you keep me warm while showering

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bromance gif

Image result for you got a deal gif

Image result for ross and joey cuddle gif

Report:

Once Upon a Deadpool was AMAZING. They added quite a bit to the movie and the interactions between DP and Fred Savage was GOLDEN! Here's a promo clip that proves that Deadpool and Wolfpool may be the exact same person! Have you seen EITHER one of us in the same room? ...........

For those that know the REAL me, know, that I've been a HUGE fan of Nickelback since I was in 8th grade...since 2001! That's over half my life, haha! This clip speaks to me in so many ways and puts a giant sized, sh** eating grin on my face :D.

Nothing else to report except I'm tired. Movie started at 10 last night and Heather and I didn't get to bed till almost 1am. Drraaagggiing butt today. 

59 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You two are the reason the Rebellion has an HR department ;) 

HAHA! Don't I know that's the truth!

Speaking of HR....I was talking with William and the other moderator for the discord last night, KT, and got a REALLY cool update:

• All the hotel and travel stuff is taken care of for PAX South on the weekend of Jan 19th. I'm picking KT up from the airport that Thursday, the 17th, and Will is heading down here from Alabama to pick KT and I up and we're headed to San Antonio. I will keep you informed of arrival and stuff @Tanktimus the Encouragerso we can meet up for a hug and friendly Wolfie Butt Sqeeze (TM). Maybe get some tacos?
  • Will has an inside man at the BioWare Austin HQ. He asked if we could possible get a tour of the studio when we head down and we got a big thumbs up and go ahead to do so. Will's contact also said that if BioWare doesn't end up going to PAX, then the three of us are invited BACK to BioWare that Friday for "Anthem Friday"!! A day where the devs play the game together and try to find new experiences within the world of Anthem. OMGOMGOMG! All this means this: I will possible get to meet Ben Irving, one of the lead producers of the game (along with the rest if the team at BioWare) and possible get a chance to play the game with him and some of the other devs!! HOLY MOLY! :D :D :D 
    • Nothing is set in stone except we have been invited to hang out with them at the studio, but still.....this could be epic!!
  • Will wants to start something in the new year that involves fitness. He said he knows a trainer friend that can help out with that stuff but then I interjected and told him I also know a lot and have self taught myself various training methods and eating protocols over the last 6-7 years. We started talking about creating a workout system which I'm calling "Freelancer Fitness" right now and how we could possible get Nerd Fitness involved as a partner. Like, Nerd Fitness and Bioware would team up to create a workout program specifically for those who want to become their own "Freelancer". Does anyone know how to maybe reach out to Steve and get a collaboration going? I understand Steve is a busy dude, and, Will's gonna talk with Bioware about partnering up as well, so, if anyone knows where I should start, I would love suggestions. @Tanktimus the Encourager any ideas on how to go about this, brother?? It would be amazing exposure for NF if BioWare was on board ;).

Needless to say, I'm really excited about the potential for all this to work out! I know I'm just a little fish trying to make big waves in the ocean...but you never know what can come from a situation if you don't take action. I don't want to ride the regret train the rest of my life because I thought something to be impossible to pull off, ya know? Risk it to get the biscuit! 

Wolf

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

And that is the golden ticket Charlie!

Great work trucking along on things.

And ... excuse me?  ONLY Inquistion?   And not a single lick of ME?  

uk0m0fU.gif

You go play Mass Effect 1!  You struggle through dated graphics and clunky combat.  Then you play 2, then 3, then you cry as you play Andromeda....

I am shocked!   SHOCKED!

This needs to be addressed Wolf.     ME1 can be done in 25 hours.  ME2, closer to 40.  ME3, ehm, oh look a flying donut.  BUT JUST GET IT DONE!

tumblr_n5m2fijrNN1tbx211o4_r1_500.gif

Also, this guy?  This is Joker.  He's voiced by Seth Green.  Seth. Freaking. Green.
PLAY THE SERIES!!!!

LOL! This roasting seems oddly fair ;). And I'm sorry I have failed you, Puck....

I did start ME1 but haven't dedicated much time to playing it. I know a lot of the characters, like Joker, from the series, but yeah, never really played any of them. I like Thane! He seems like a major BA! I'll do my best to at least finish ME1 before Anthem comes out, but I can't make any promises. The effort will be there, though lol. All the ME games are on the EA access, so I can play them consecutively when I have the time.

Image result for mass effect i'm sorry gif

Wolf

40 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

Maybe get some tacos?

Always tacos. :D 

41 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:
  • Will wants to start something in the new year that involves fitness. He said he knows a trainer friend that can help out with that stuff but then I interjected and told him I also know a lot and have self taught myself various training methods and eating protocols over the last 6-7 years. We started talking about creating a workout system which I'm calling "Freelancer Fitness" right now and how we could possible get Nerd Fitness involved as a partner. Like, Nerd Fitness and Bioware would team up to create a workout program specifically for those who want to become their own "Freelancer". Does anyone know how to maybe reach out to Steve and get a collaboration going? I understand Steve is a busy dude, and, Will's gonna talk with Bioware about partnering up as well, so, if anyone knows where I should start, I would love suggestions. @Tanktimus the Encourager any ideas on how to go about this, brother?? It would be amazing exposure for NF if BioWare was on board ;).

Contact@nerdfitness.com is the place to get started, they can forward it on. I will tell you that the way Steve operates he's unlikely to let BioWare get their fingers on his baby; he guards the rebellion jealously against ads and corporate influence that place profit above people. He is running a business, and making good business decisions, and he also wants to avoid being part of the empire. BioWare cares about selling videogames, and nothing else. They will likely want NF to care about their video games more than it cares about it's Rebels. Having said that, there's no harm in broaching the subject, the worst he can say is no, and there may be a way to make it work.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Always tacos. :D 

ALWAYS!

16 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Contact@nerdfitness.com is the place to get started, they can forward it on. I will tell you that the way Steve operates he's unlikely to let BioWare get their fingers on his baby; he guards the rebellion jealously against ads and corporate influence that place profit above people. He is running a business, and making good business decisions, and he also wants to avoid being part of the empire. BioWare cares about selling videogames, and nothing else. They will likely want NF to care about their video games more than it cares about it's Rebels. Having said that, there's no harm in broaching the subject, the worst he can say is no, and there may be a way to make it work.

I wasn't thinking about either party encroaching on the other, honestly. I could always just reach out to BioWare myself and get a collaboration going, but my first thought was to get NF more exposure or at least get a collaboration going. While I agree that BioWare cares about selling games because they make games, I wouldn't think that's all they care about. They have a massive following because of games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age and quite a few Star Wars games, like Knights of the Old Republic. You can see with the way @Starpuck reacted to me not playing Mass Effect as to how deep the love for BioWare games goes. If there could be a way to cohesively make this work, and continue to grow the idea of "gamefying your life" then heck yeah! Kudos! If not, then that's fine too. I just wanted NF, a place I call home, to get a slice of the pie so to speak. I'll email them and see where it goes :D. Thanks for all your help, Tank! 

Wolf  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Wolfpool said:

You can see with the way @Starpuck reacted to me not playing Mass Effect as to how deep the love for BioWare games goes.

The amount of attention I get, wearing one of my N7 hoodies, is astonishing.   It's definitely this weird thing, kind of like the Browncoats of Firefly... you wear N7, and see another person in N7 stuff, and you immediately smile and go, "They're one of me!"    Its nuts.   Another example is that at conventions, I get as much props on my N7 hoodie, as I do my actual cosplays of real characters.... hehehehe.   But I'm not talking to Wolf until he plays ME.  So.  I will be quiet now. ;)

• Like 2
On 12/12/2018 at 12:29 PM, Starpuck said:

The amount of attention I get, wearing one of my N7 hoodies, is astonishing.   It's definitely this weird thing, kind of like the Browncoats of Firefly... you wear N7, and see another person in N7 stuff, and you immediately smile and go, "They're one of me!"    Its nuts.   Another example is that at conventions, I get as much props on my N7 hoodie, as I do my actual cosplays of real characters.... hehehehe.   But I'm not talking to Wolf until he plays ME.  So.  I will be quiet now. ;)

Image result for don't ignore me gif

N7 Day is a HUGE deal in the Bioware community! I have no doubt that you get a lot of attention walking around in your N7 hoodies at conventions :). BTW, they have confirmed N7 gear for Anthem :D

Image result for anthem interceptor N7

New livestream today! Woot woot! They're covering gear, armor and progression. For me, this is the most important of all the streams because it shows how the game functions going into "end game" or "elder game".

Sleep has been jacked up the last couple days and I'm gonna try my best to be in bed before 1030 tonight. I went to the gym this morning and then took a cold shower afterwards. It was not pleasant. Two down and only 6 more to go. Yayyyyyy...

Image result for fake excited gif

Not a lot of writing this week. Works been really busy. But, I'm gonna get at least an hour in this weekend! It's looking like we'll be transitioning to the new mortgage company closer to February, but it seems this is all gonna work out for the best. I have a really good feeling about this "change of scenery". We have a big meeting tomorrow to learn more about how all this is gonna work and I'm excited to see the game plan. (Plus we get lunch catered in :D)

Edit: Well never mind, they just sent an email out saying that lunch is still on tomorrow, but they had to reschedule the meeting because the VP for the other mortgage company wasn't able to make it. Bummer. I was looking forward to knowing more about how this move and transition is gonna work.

Challenge Update:

• 2/8 cold showers taken
  • 1/2 24-hour fast
  • Averaging 7hrs of sleep: BARELY
  • Spending 1 hour a week with devotionals: BARELY
  • 1/4 entries posted for the story
    • 1 hour a week to writing: BARELY 

There's always room for improvement!!

Wolf

• Like 5

Finally catching up and was able to read your story! Do want more!

Nice job consistently getting through your challenge so far - it's great that you're not falling victim to the "all or nothing" mentality that so many of us struggle with.

On 12/9/2018 at 4:50 PM, PrincessMononoke said:

Some people have asked about seeing this so I am gonna post it. Wolf finding out about Baby Wolf <3 <3<3

Ahhh you guys are too cute.

On 12/4/2018 at 4:37 PM, Starpuck said:

Omg, wuuuuuut? 

To add to your omg wut... I was actually talking about you the other day too because I was thinking of purchasing your services to draw my new D&D character! We have a initiative board where each character has a magnet and it gets rearranged for each fight so we can keep track of who goes when.  Everyone just printed out pictures they found online for things they think look like their character, but I was thinking I could be the extra cool one of the group and have something custom made and be the envy of my group haha

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Raxie said:

I was actually talking about you the other day too because I was thinking of purchasing your services to draw my new D&D character!

Oh heck yeah!   That's why I started drawing in the first place!  Was for D&D pics!   Totally send me an idea of your character.   hair style and color, eyes, general build, what she wears, what she wields, general color preferences for clothing, etc!   :)

• Like 3
On 12/12/2018 at 4:13 PM, Starpuck said:

What does everyone have against Andromeda? It was nowhere near as bad as anyone keeps letting on.

Sure, worst of the 4 (with ME2 being the best imo - one of the best games ever for me), but that doesn't mean it isn't also good.

The main story in Andromeda was imo the weakest, but that's like 10 hours in a 100+ hour game...

(yeah, I actually spent more time playing Andromeda than I would have for an entire ME1-2-3 playthrough)

• Like 1
On 12/13/2018 at 2:04 PM, Raxie said:

Finally catching up and was able to read your story! Do want more!

Nice job consistently getting through your challenge so far - it's great that you're not falling victim to the "all or nothing" mentality that so many of us struggle with.

I still struggle with "falling victim to all or nothing". But thank you for the encouragement! I have a lot more writing coming, it's just not being pumped out as consistently as I would want. Thank you for taking the time to read the first chapter ;) 

Ahhh you guys are too cute.

Image result for aww shucks gif

To add to your omg wut... I was actually talking about you the other day too because I was thinking of purchasing your services to draw my new D&D character! We have a initiative board where each character has a magnet and it gets rearranged for each fight so we can keep track of who goes when.  Everyone just printed out pictures they found online for things they think look like their character, but I was thinking I could be the extra cool one of the group and have something custom made and be the envy of my group haha

On 12/13/2018 at 4:55 PM, Starpuck said:

Oh heck yeah!   That's why I started drawing in the first place!  Was for D&D pics!   Totally send me an idea of your character.   hair style and color, eyes, general build, what she wears, what she wields, general color preferences for clothing, etc!   :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks your art is amazing, @Starpuck:D 

On 12/14/2018 at 8:27 AM, TimovieMan said:

What does everyone have against Andromeda? It was nowhere near as bad as anyone keeps letting on.

Sure, worst of the 4 (with ME2 being the best imo - one of the best games ever for me), but that doesn't mean it isn't also good.

The main story in Andromeda was imo the weakest, but that's like 10 hours in a 100+ hour game...

(yeah, I actually spent more time playing Andromeda than I would have for an entire ME1-2-3 playthrough)

I really have no idea, but the circle that I run in tends to think the same thing, say for like 1-2 of them. Not having played any of the ME series, I can't really comment, but the backlash Andromeda got was significant. So much so, that the Anthem haters are on the hate train due to their distaste with Andromeda and "EA" slapped on the game. Everyone is worried about loot boxes and paywalls but since day 1, the devs have confirmed there will be NO pay to win and NO loot boxes. If you spend money, you will know what your getting and almost everything can be earned in game. It's just up to you to figure out if you want to grind for it or spend money to have it. Have you looked into Anthem much, Timovie? 

Ugh....I've fallen so far behind on my challenge and everyone else's. Not much progress has been made with my goals, but I'm gonna look at the silver lining and say that the effort has been there if anything and I'll count it! This past weekend went by in a blur. I had a Christmas party at my brothers Friday night, and that was fun. I always have fun over there. I didn't stay late because I was helping a friend move the next day but I got $20 in cash plus a decent bottle of whiskey for my white elephant gift. I originally had something else, but my step dad traded me because what I originally had was something for Heather but they got Heather that something for Christmas. So, $20 in cash and whiskey seemed like a good trade off. I don't really drink whiskey, but if I do drink liquor, it's always bourbon or whiskey. And Heather said it would be a good celebratory gift when the baby gets here. Speaking of baby --

Once Heather sends me what her app updated her with, I'll let y'all know. 

Whatever I lacked in workout last week, I made up for with the move. I was the only one that showed up to help and I was there at 820 am. I didn't leave till almost 530 to head home. So, it was LITERALLY a full day of moving. And, believe it or not, I wasn't sore the next day. I was super anal about lifting with proper form that I think it rewarded me in the end with little to no DOMS and not injuring myself during the move. Thank God! 

I'm still behind on virtually everything else with my challenge but my spirits lifted up and I'm excited about Christmas. We'll also be getting another livestream this Thursday, and the devs are showing off a never before seen stronghold (like an end game raid) from the Interceptor's POV, since that's the only one we haven't seen yet. I'm wicked excited!! There's gonna be a full, 4-man squad and everyone should be decked out in Masterwork+ gear :D #ChristmasComeEarly

BABY UPDATE!!

French Dessert: Creme brulee

Related image

Fruit/Veggie: Pomegranate 

Related image

Animal: Chipmunk

Image result for chipmunk gif

Random object: PS4 Controller

Image result for ps4 controller gif

I would put xbox controller but I think they are slightly bigger than PS4, so I stuck with what the app says lol. 

I'm gonna try my best to get chapter 2 pushed out today. I've been working on it, just haven't had consistent time to devote to it.  

Wolf

• Like 8
37 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

BABY UPDATE!!

French Dessert: Creme brulee

This is the absolute WORST comparison....  GOOD GRIEF!!!!   

But the pomegranate pic was pretty adorable, so that made up for it.

It's a busy time of year Wolf, I think everyone is struggling to keep the plates spinning, so don't worry about it too much.  January's are GREAT for realigning focus on fitness-y stuffs.    Sometimes you just gotta 'make it through the chaos'.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wolfpool said:

I really have no idea, but the circle that I run in tends to think the same thing, say for like 1-2 of them. Not having played any of the ME series, I can't really comment, but the backlash Andromeda got was significant. So much so, that the Anthem haters are on the hate train due to their distaste with Andromeda and "EA" slapped on the game. Everyone is worried about loot boxes and paywalls but since day 1, the devs have confirmed there will be NO pay to win and NO loot boxes. If you spend money, you will know what your getting and almost everything can be earned in game. It's just up to you to figure out if you want to grind for it or spend money to have it. Have you looked into Anthem much, Timovie? 

Haven't looked into Anthem much, no. But that's mainly because I've never bothered with multiplayer games. I focus on single player games.

And even then I tend to wait until the definitive GotY version is released, so I have all the DLC at once. :P

Back when Mass Effect 3 was new, I remember diving in the game's files to double all the "War Asset" values, so I could get the best ending without ever having to worry about the multiplayer aspect of the game.

I loved ME3 and wasn't that much in arms over the original ending - you can't shoot down a game over a faulty last hour in a 60-hour game after all - but I still detested the fact that you had to play a bunch of multiplayer games to get the most out of your single player campaign. So I bypassed that. :P

• Like 2