• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

loire

» shaar slumbers eternal in the house of the dreamer [the respawn chronicles, v. fin]

3 hours ago, shaar said:

so we're going to take a lot of old electronics (computer monitors)

FYI there are rules about those types of things, what can and can’t be dumpstered.  Fines can be involved.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I thought INTERIM DUMPSTER was going to be some sort of incremental step on the dumpster fire spectrum at first. I'm glad you have a place to dump big stuff, however.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

I know the probiotic supplements can be ridiculous. It might be worth adding/swapping a couple food items, though, in the Quality of Life department. It's no magic bullet, but depression, gut flora, and IBS do have a few things in common or so the research suggests and if it'd help you even a bit to have more "even-keeled" days that would be cool. 

Not at all trying to be a debbie downer, but I swear I have overheard a recruiter tell a pile of rocks that they look like a perfect fit--that's just how these folks roll. Now you may indeed be an amazing candidate (and if the company doesn't think you are or they posted the position but they've already gone and filled it with someone internally or whatever, then you don't wanna work there anyhow, right?? I've had a recruiter tell me afterward that turns out I didn't have the right experience, but I had the unusual opportunity to talk to that hiring manager later on and it turns out they didn't hire anybody for the spot because the company was downsizing like the Titanic DO NOT LET THEM PLAY YOUR FEELINGS), but I've ridden that particular rollercoaster of emotion just enough times to know that the time that really, really matters is when the hiring manager says that about you~ At least you're likely green-lit to talk to them now and that's good. After talking with the recruiter, do YOU feel like it's the kind of work you'd like to do? It sounds like you are pretty hype to give it a shot.

Do not go dumpster diving, interim or permanent lol. That is not your natural habitat. 

Yeah, I've figured out at least what foods make me feel a little unsavory vs. the ok ones.  My diet used to be very regimented and while it hasn't drastically changed, it's still different (this is my surprised face) so everything's still working, I guess.

Maybe recruiter was the wrong term, but staffing agency!  I'd work under the agency for about 3-4 months until the company hired me on. Does that sound similar? I'm sure not putting all my eggs in one basket ('cause after 2018 we know how baskets can be steamrolled) but the interview went really well and I know they want to fill the position soon-ish.  Also unknown is how many others they're interviewing, so.  TL;DR WHO KNOWS??? :DDD It's an admin/management position for a small little company here, it seems like it'd be good, so we'll see!  Life, a tapestry of spendors.

Maybe once it snows and there's a nice cushion in there, I'll give it a dive....

22 hours ago, Salinger said:

well done Shaar, so proud xxx

Thank you, you too. <3  We did it!

WE ALL DID IT

20 hours ago, Rinna said:

FYI there are rules about those types of things, what can and can’t be dumpstered.  Fines can be involved.

Oh yeah, our neighborhood dumpster actually has a security camera pointing at it not only to watch for bears, but because the land management people are DRACONIC about specialized dumping.  But this is a special hoo boy howdy LONG dumpster and we all got an email about it because it's for special dumping and it's only here for a week and already there are mattresses and refrigerators and all sort of wacky ass shit in there, PHEW.

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I thought INTERIM DUMPSTER was going to be some sort of incremental step on the dumpster fire spectrum at first. I'm glad you have a place to dump big stuff, however.

20 hours ago, Urgan said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL 2018 GIF COMPILATION RIGHT HERE.  Everyone else can go home.  There can be no other.  HASHBROWN TESTIFY.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, shaar said:

Maybe recruiter was the wrong term, but staffing agency!  I'd work under the agency for about 3-4 months until the company hired me on. Does that sound similar? I'm sure not putting all my eggs in one basket ('cause after 2018 we know how baskets can be steamrolled) but the interview went really well and I know they want to fill the position soon-ish.  Also unknown is how many others they're interviewing, so.  TL;DR WHO KNOWS??? :DDD It's an admin/management position for a small little company here, it seems like it'd be good, so we'll see!  Life, a tapestry of spendors.

I think we're speaking the same language. It all boils down to people trying to hook you and a company up for a temp, on-going contract, temp-to-hire, or a full hire deal. What you describe sounds somewhat like the arrangements I had when I was a contractor--I was actually paid by a third party "employment agency" and not directly by the place I showed up to for work--except you are being offered full-time employment as part of the potential deal which is 1000000x better. All this is as opposed to a consultation company, where you are part of a full time team that the consultation company hires out to other places to work on projects--you might work "on-site" at the place you've been tasked to help or remotely. Like mercenaries that have a decent home base. Whee. Aaaaanyway sure hope you get a good impression of them when you have an opportunity to interview.

Made me lol. It feels like there are people just randomly hurling chunks of money at stuff and I'm like DUDE WHERE DID MY PAYCHECK GO??

21 minutes ago, shaar said:

Maybe once it snows and there's a nice cushion in there, I'll give it a dive....

Might muffle the smell a bit, at least.

21 minutes ago, shaar said:

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL 2018 GIF COMPILATION RIGHT HERE.  Everyone else can go home.  There can be no other.  HASHBROWN TESTIFY.

AT LEAST YOU'VE GOT MOMENTUM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

I think we're speaking the same language. It all boils down to people trying to hook you and a company up for a temp, on-going contract, temp-to-hire, or a full hire deal. What you describe sounds somewhat like the arrangements I had when I was a contractor--I was actually paid by a third party "employment agency" and not directly by the place I showed up to for work--except you are being offered full-time employment as part of the potential deal which is 1000000x better. All this is as opposed to a consultation company, where you are part of a full time team that the consultation company hires out to other places to work on projects--you might work "on-site" at the place you've been tasked to help or remotely. Like mercenaries that have a decent home base. Whee. Aaaaanyway sure hope you get a good impression of them when you have an opportunity to interview.

YES exactly!!  That's exactly it, same page hello, we are there.  Def. not a consult company.  Although being a mercenary sounds p. rad.......

HELLO FRIENDS I did a vlog today in my car and talked so much I fogged up my windows and had poor visibility for half of my drive home whatever 

also what a hype as heck thumbnail huh YIKE

• Like 1

You might look into making your own water kefir.  It's cheap and easy, makes an infinite supply of probiotics, and it's like a science experiment that makes you healthier.  We like it around here.  :-)

• Like 1