» shaar slumbers eternal in the house of the dreamer [the respawn chronicles, v. fin]

shaar

DECEMBER IS ETERNAL. WINTER MAGIC IS ALWAYS WITH US. SPARKLESPARKLESPARKLE.

May i congratulate you on eating and drinking not like unto an asshole, but like unto a Very Nice Badass? Yes, I may! Thank you, rowan. You’re welcome, rowan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

3 hours ago, shaar said:

Hi Echo!!!  Hope you're doing ok, it's good to see you!! :DDD

Hi Shar! I'm doing well, hoping to end this year with a bang, and also finished my first year of exams yesterday. :D 

2 hours ago, shaar said:

Does it feel weird to anyone else that it's still November??  Like December is tomorrow but it feels like it should have been December for like a week now?  Is it just me??? Time is WEIRD?? ?? ????

I am aware of the date but I am also weirdly thinking it's the middle of December (weird cause we don't have any holidays or snow yet). And a part of me is waiting on January so I can start my new planner/bullet journal thing. :D 

• Like 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

3 hours ago, shaar said:

Does it feel weird to anyone else that it's still November??  Like December is tomorrow but it feels like it should have been December for like a week now?  Is it just me??? Time is WEIRD?? ?? ????

Does it have anything to do with ALL THE FRICKEN SNOW? LOL although I've only seen pictures some of my peeps are in Maine and it's a horror show! 

• Haha 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

5 hours ago, shaar said:

It does feel weird.  Time IS weird.  I think it’s because of when Thanksgiving fell this year.  It seems like it usually falls later in the month, so it’s not so early when the decorations go up.

• Like 2

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

Spoiler

Hello from a wandering Monk! 

10 hours ago, shaar said:

Still wanna go snowshoeing!!!!!! 

From the "I have no idea what I'm getting into" perspective  - I've been a couple of times - I lived in Montreal for about 2 years, and went snowshoeing once with a friend, and once on my own. Both times using plastic rentals (tbh, they kind of looked like snow speeders strapped to my feet).  The first time was fun, the second time was amazing - I was on a mountain that was also a cross-country ski area, so decently marked trails.  When I got near the top, the trees started looking like postcards - all big puff balls of snow. And the quiet... so much 'nature is sleeping' quiet. 

If you have a friend/family member that appreciates quiet, take them with.  It was truly awe inspiring, and I wish I had someone to share it with.  Also...hot chocolate or tea.  Get a good thermos, and take some.  Maybe a PB&J too, because damn - it's cold, and you're slogging through the snow (it's amazing though... even if it's a slog).  If you're on flats in your area, it's probably still amazing - quiet, introspective, listen to the trees and the quiet kind of thing. 

10 hours ago, shaar said:

I work in retail food service for a good bakery.  It's been December for three weeks now, and we've been thinking about it being December since Sept'cember.  :)

• Like 3

Human | Plays with Sticks | Monkish Leanings | Rangerish Overtones

Occasionally Updated Facebook

On 11/30/2018 at 1:54 PM, rowan said:

DECEMBER IS ETERNAL. WINTER MAGIC IS ALWAYS WITH US. SPARKLESPARKLESPARKLE.

May i congratulate you on eating and drinking not like unto an asshole, but like unto a Very Nice Badass? Yes, I may! Thank you, rowan. You’re welcome, rowan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE <3

On 11/30/2018 at 3:52 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It feels like it should have been December because Thanksgiving was last week and your decorations are up.

(I'm in the same boat).

You're right, we just flipped the calendar over to December yesterday and it was like ??? Hmhmhm.  TIME.

On 11/30/2018 at 4:29 PM, Echoceanic said:

Hi Shar! I'm doing well, hoping to end this year with a bang, and also finished my first year of exams yesterday. :D 

I am aware of the date but I am also weirdly thinking it's the middle of December (weird cause we don't have any holidays or snow yet). And a part of me is waiting on January so I can start my new planner/bullet journal thing. :D 

YESSSSS exams DONE!  Congrats!!!!

I'm definitely in the Also Waiting on January crew, I think I'm ready for this year to be symbolically DONE so we can move on!!

On 11/30/2018 at 4:38 PM, jonfirestar said:

Does it have anything to do with ALL THE FRICKEN SNOW? LOL although I've only seen pictures some of my peeps are in Maine and it's a horror show! 

You know oddly enough we haven't had any since Thanksgiving!!  It's actually raining right now and has washed most of it away.... FOR NOW.  (I do NOT envy the Mainers, eeeeeek~)

On 11/30/2018 at 7:46 PM, Rinna said:

It does feel weird.  Time IS weird.  I think it’s because of when Thanksgiving fell this year.  It seems like it usually falls later in the month, so it’s not so early when the decorations go up.

It's true!  I wonder why Thanksgiving Thursday is always so variable?  I'll have to look that up later........

On 12/1/2018 at 12:50 AM, ChrisWithaStick said:

Hello from a wandering Monk! 

From the "I have no idea what I'm getting into" perspective  - I've been a couple of times - I lived in Montreal for about 2 years, and went snowshoeing once with a friend, and once on my own. Both times using plastic rentals (tbh, they kind of looked like snow speeders strapped to my feet).  The first time was fun, the second time was amazing - I was on a mountain that was also a cross-country ski area, so decently marked trails.  When I got near the top, the trees started looking like postcards - all big puff balls of snow. And the quiet... so much 'nature is sleeping' quiet. 

If you have a friend/family member that appreciates quiet, take them with.  It was truly awe inspiring, and I wish I had someone to share it with.  Also...hot chocolate or tea.  Get a good thermos, and take some.  Maybe a PB&J too, because damn - it's cold, and you're slogging through the snow (it's amazing though... even if it's a slog).  If you're on flats in your area, it's probably still amazing - quiet, introspective, listen to the trees and the quiet kind of thing. 

I work in retail food service for a good bakery.  It's been December for three weeks now, and we've been thinking about it being December since Sept'cember.  :)

Hallo wandering monk!! :DDD

Oh man yes, the 'nature is sleeping', that's what I want to see!  I'd definitely go by myself.  And the thermos of hot chocolate or tea is BRILLIANT, I never would have thought of that!!  AAAA I'm kind of getting excited for it to snow again????

Oh man, every time I see Christmas decorations and things come out before The Appointed Time, I'm always like.... sigh.  Sept'cember is REAL.

I was gonna make a longer update but Finn decided to puke up a big ol' hairball so PRIORITIES, BBL~ <3

• Like 5

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

W E E K 2

Okokok.  First of all, I need a new list!

- MEASURE.  FINN'S.  FOOD.  You lazy bum.  Ugh.

- Pay bills Monday or Tuesday.

- Begin job search!  2-3 days a week, do not overwhelm yourself.

- Put up outdoor Christmas lights.

- Pick a solid basic curry recipe and make an ingredient list.

- Try to get outdoors Monday 'cause it's gonna be the only decently warm (ha, "warm") day this week.

- Journal at least once this week!

- Work on your Big FFXIV Screenshot Project (Basically I'm pulling my favorite screenshots over my past 3 years of playing and putting them into a big album because I'm a giant nerd...)

Other than that.... things have been pretty good!  Shark Week has hit with a VENGEANCE though and I've spent the past 3-4 days feeling like nauseous garbage.  No bueno.  Today I'm finally feeling a little more like myself!! <3

I'm still rewatching LOST AND MAN I LOVE THIS SHHOOOOWWWWWW

tumblr_lmhdijJ6nV1qhz38po1_500.gif

Frick it's so good.  I think I'm almost done with Season 1.  The hatch.  THE HAAATCH.  CLAIRE. THE FRENCH WOMAN.  ETHAN. EVERYONE GOT SOME SECRETS.  AAAAAAAAAAA

• Like 6

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

36 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Seriously, how difficult is this?

FOR FRICKIN' REAL, RIGHT??? FDSLFSdgkfads just d o i t shaar

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, shaar said:

JUST SO DO IT SHAAR!!!!!

• Like 1

-Björn Járnhamar

Spoiler

8 hours ago, shaar said:

Oh man, every time I see Christmas decorations and things come out before The Appointed Time, I'm always like.... sigh.  Sept'cember is REAL.

We don't put anything out until after Thanksgiving, but we have to start planning and ordering packaging, ingredients, etc., weeks, sometimes months ahead.  But yeah - all Holidays in their appropriate time!

6 hours ago, shaar said:

I've basically given up a measuring cup for my Fuzzball's food.  It sits next to the dry food, and well... I need to replace it for my own use now. 

Hope you get outside on Monday!  Enjoy the warmish cold!

• Like 1

Human | Plays with Sticks | Monkish Leanings | Rangerish Overtones

Occasionally Updated Facebook

16 hours ago, shaar said:

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Seriously, how difficult is this?

14 hours ago, shaar said:

But is it because you love Finn and spoil him, or is it because he likes to shovel food into his belly all the time and complains once he's run out of food?

• Like 2

My cat John is on a diet currently and he is so mad.  Good luck with the food measuring! Hahah.  These poor abused cats. XD

That journaling sounds like it must have been super cathartic - I can see how getting all that out and sorted would make you feel more in control even if Figuring It Out wasn't achieved.  Those is Figuring It Out ever really something that's finished and done? I feel like it's not.

I don't think it's December, I think it's the 64th day of October thank you very much. I just love Halloween so much - and because of Nightmare before Christmas it basically extends all the way through December in my household.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Rinna said:

JUST SO DO IT SHAAR!!!!!

I DID IT

FINALLY

B L E S S

19 hours ago, ChrisWithaStick said:

We don't put anything out until after Thanksgiving, but we have to start planning and ordering packaging, ingredients, etc., weeks, sometimes months ahead.  But yeah - all Holidays in their appropriate time!

I've basically given up a measuring cup for my Fuzzball's food.  It sits next to the dry food, and well... I need to replace it for my own use now. 

Hope you get outside on Monday!  Enjoy the warmish cold!

I'm sure it's kind of a holiday for you once the holidays are over, HA!

Part of me just wants to let him eat, but the other part of me is like NO DUDE - he had a leg surgery when he was a kitten that didn't heal super well, and the more weight he has as on older cat the more prone he is to arthritic changes and auugghhh.... Finn it's all for your own good!!! ><

It was a great day outside today!!!

13 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Shaar, missed you! You sound good, which makes me smile. I never really got into Lost. I have so much TV i need to watch aaaghhhhh stress! :P 

Hope today is wonderful for you xx

I feel good!  Yes!  So far so good.........

I have shows I need to watch too and I think about it sometimes, but I always never fail go back to the ones I've seen already and love.... like LOST....... s i g h~

9 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

But is it because you love Finn and spoil him, or is it because he likes to shovel food into his belly all the time and complains once he's run out of food?

B...... both......... BOTH ;_;

11 minutes ago, Raxie said:

My cat John is on a diet currently and he is so mad.  Good luck with the food measuring! Hahah.  These poor abused cats. XD

That journaling sounds like it must have been super cathartic - I can see how getting all that out and sorted would make you feel more in control even if Figuring It Out wasn't achieved.  Those is Figuring It Out ever really something that's finished and done? I feel like it's not.

I don't think it's December, I think it's the 64th day of October thank you very much. I just love Halloween so much - and because of Nightmare before Christmas it basically extends all the way through December in my household.

Oh gosh Finn gets HOWLY when he's on The Diet.... I need to prepare for that again huh.

Yeah, you're right, I feel like Figuring It Out is like trying to catch a slippery salmon in a river or something, but if screaming about life gives us some peace then at least it's working!

MY HALLOWEEN LIGHTS ARE STILL UP YEEEEEE <3

w e e k 2

Trying to start with a bang here~

- MEASURE.  FINN'S.  FOOD.  You lazy bum.  Ugh.

- Pay bills Monday or Tuesday.

- Begin job search!  2-3 days a week, do not overwhelm yourself.

- Put up outdoor Christmas lights.

- Pick a solid basic curry recipe and make an ingredient list.

- Try to get outdoors Monday 'cause it's gonna be the only decently warm (ha, "warm") day this week.

- Journal at least once this week!

- Work on your Big FFXIV Screenshot Project (Basically I'm pulling my favorite screenshots over my past 3 years of playing and putting them into a big album because I'm a giant nerd...)

I got outside and long story very short, I'm beginning to realize how important it is to me mentally, physically, spiritually.  I won't be able to do much else for the foreseeable future Because Winter but, I think once spring comes, I want to progress with some more hard(er)core outdoorsing - hiking, orienteering, that sort of thing.  For that though, I seriously need better gear.  (My feet got wet today crossing a tiny stream, hoo boyo...)  SO, if anyone has any recommendations for hiking shoes, I'll gladly take 'em. ^^;

I also put up the outdoor Christmas lights when I got home AND re-duct-taped the inside of my trunk (it leaks from a long time ago, after I got the trunk replaced after someone rear-ended me, and it's never really "fit" right, yanno, do I tape up the cracks every few years.... yeah......... YEAH) because it was holding some water.  So that's done!  AND paid my bills, ha HA!  All in all A V PRODUCTIVE DAY!! ^____________^

• Like 7

1 hour ago, shaar said:

hiking, orienteering, that sort of thing.

Geocaching is loads of fun.....

• Like 2

-Björn Járnhamar

Spoiler

2 hours ago, shaar said:

I won't be able to do much else for the foreseeable future Because Winter but, I think once spring comes, I want to progress with some more hard(er)core outdoorsing - hiking, orienteering, that sort of thing.  For that though, I seriously need better gear.  (My feet got wet today crossing a tiny stream, hoo boyo...)  SO, if anyone has any recommendations for hiking shoes, I'll gladly take 'em. ^^;

Rangers gonna Ranger. Outdoors is a very Rangerly thing.

(Also, can we make Rangers Gonna Ranger a bigger thing again? PLSOKTHXBAI)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

By the way Shaar, I rememberd a corny song I can post here. It is a Christmas song. I'll present my comments below the youtube embed in spoilers. 

Spoiler

This makes me long for the worldly cynicism of "Christmas Shoes." I do declare that this is the worst Christmas song of all time. The first minute isn't too bad, but as you get into it and the kids start "Singing" it just dives over the edge and can never be redeemed. The acting is horrible, the children are so off key it would have been better to have them speak their parts. But that's not the worst of it. I assume you've heard the whole thing by this point, so if you haven't, go back and finish. 

Spoiler

At 3:11 when the family hears there were no survivors, they really reveal what sad and awful people they are. The wife apparently has her whole identity wrapped up in being a wife and now her life has no meaning without her husband. That's sad rather than awful, but the children are just terrible. Instead of caring about their father, or missing him, they think only of themselves. The daughter cares only about her wedding day (for goodness sakes, she's a kid). The son apparently only cares for what his father can give him, toys and play. Their father has no value to them beyond what he can provide. The gender roles are go so far backward they're coming back from the other direction as healthy. It's so bad I almost wish the poor father had been on that bus so he could be out of his misery.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Holy moly cannoli you are killing it, friend! LOOK AT ALL THOSE THINGS THAT YOU ARE DOING, and going out and havign ADVENTURES outside...one might almost say...if one were so inclined....ranging? Like some kind of...person who ranges....

You have inspired me very much, maybe I will have an outside adventure sometime soon :)

Also.

Duct Tape.

No judgement.

ONLY HONOR.

• Like 3

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

23 hours ago, Raxie said:

YAY HIKING <3 <3 Definitely my favourite past time that I don't have enough time for. 

It is time consuming isn't it??  I'm lucky I have so much close to me (like within 20-30 minutes), cutting the travel out seems to help a lot!!

21 hours ago, Rinna said:

Geocaching is loads of fun.....

I used to do that at the beach!  I'm sure there would be more opportunities here though... hmmm... hmhmhm........... *plots*

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

RANGERS GONNA RANGER

bigger like that???

(sorry sorry i'll see myself out)

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

By the way Shaar, I rememberd a corny song I can post here. It is a Christmas song. I'll present my comments below the youtube embed in spoilers. 

Reveal hidden contents

This makes me long for the worldly cynicism of "Christmas Shoes." I do declare that this is the worst Christmas song of all time. The first minute isn't too bad, but as you get into it and the kids start "Singing" it just dives over the edge and can never be redeemed. The acting is horrible, the children are so off key it would have been better to have them speak their parts. But that's not the worst of it. I assume you've heard the whole thing by this point, so if you haven't, go back and finish. 

Reveal hidden contents

At 3:11 when the family hears there were no survivors, they really reveal what sad and awful people they are. The wife apparently has her whole identity wrapped up in being a wife and now her life has no meaning without her husband. That's sad rather than awful, but the children are just terrible. Instead of caring about their father, or missing him, they think only of themselves. The daughter cares only about her wedding day (for goodness sakes, she's a kid). The son apparently only cares for what his father can give him, toys and play. Their father has no value to them beyond what he can provide. The gender roles are go so far backward they're coming back from the other direction as healthy. It's so bad I almost wish the poor father had been on that bus so he could be out of his misery.

holy shit

Spoiler

1. that got real dark REAL FAST

2. who thought this was a good idea for a wholesome holiday song?????

3. I thought that EXACT THING about these vile hellsent spawns that don't deserve such a cool dad that comes home with presents - HOW SELF CENTERED are all of you, on this, one of the most giving of holidays, maybe y'all should punch yourselves a one way ticket on that GOOD OL' NUMBER 5 THERE phew okokok i'm ok

4. that was an EXPERIENCE

10 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

DMwxMNOUIAAie5Z.jpg

*quietly returns to infiltrating the Monastery*

It's ok get your punch and kick on and WHEN YOU RETURN WE WILL................. BE......................... HERE.

10 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Shaar, so glad you got out and it looks beautiful !!! I will try my best to get to the big park this week!!! Even if it rains :o 

Have an amazing day xx

Yes yes outside!!!!!! *^____^*

3 hours ago, rowan said:

Holy moly cannoli you are killing it, friend! LOOK AT ALL THOSE THINGS THAT YOU ARE DOING, and going out and havign ADVENTURES outside...one might almost say...if one were so inclined....ranging? Like some kind of...person who ranges....

You have inspired me very much, maybe I will have an outside adventure sometime soon :)

Also.

Duct Tape.

No judgement.

ONLY HONOR.

Ra... rang......er......rangering................. *stares thoughtfully yet also emptily off into the distance, as if the answer is right there, right there.......*

Oh heckyeah I used to keep a roll of duct tape in my car at ALL TIMES for emergency, also how did I put up those flimflam Christmas lights yesterday?? DUCT.  TAPE.  DROP THE BEAT YO-

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's not a big thing anymore??? I feel so behind the times!!

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.