» shaar slumbers eternal in the house of the dreamer [the respawn chronicles, v. fin]

shaar

I am LOVING your Christmas hype!! Christmas is my favorite thing ever and normally I'm all "Christmas starts on Sept. 15th the day after my birthday and you all have to deal with it!!1!" but this year I haven't been feeling the hype AT. ALL. So I'm just gonna lurk here and see if I can photosynthesize some of yours!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

On 12/2/2018 at 8:53 AM, shaar said:

Oh man yes, the 'nature is sleeping', that's what I want to see!  I'd definitely go by myself.  And the thermos of hot chocolate or tea is BRILLIANT, I never would have thought of that!!  AAAA I'm kind of getting excited for it to snow again????

Snacks, too - because if hills are involved, all the calories will be burned (hills plus cold).  Just sayin'  Oh...and layers. Layers are good, or at least pit-vents. 

On 12/3/2018 at 12:43 PM, shaar said:

SO, if anyone has any recommendations for hiking shoes, I'll gladly take 'em. ^^; 

I've got a stupidly old pair of Solomon hikers that I re-waterproofed that are hanging in there (I'm not a hard core hiker, so YMMV).  If you like the shoes or boots you have now, the spray-on water proofing works pretty well, and there are other options.  Maybe check a local out-doors shop? While I'm sure styles/footbeds have changed, I happen to like my boots for winter/wet. 

I will say, while I've not done so in a while now, I used to get outside in cold weather a lot, even without snow.  If there are reasonably kept trails around your area, or even just nice big parks, I'd say get outside, if that's what you need.  Good shoes, wool socks and layers, and you're set (and tea of course). 

On 12/3/2018 at 12:43 PM, shaar said:

Part of me just wants to let him eat, but the other part of me is like NO DUDE - he had a leg surgery when he was a kitten that didn't heal super well, and the more weight he has as on older cat the more prone he is to arthritic changes and auugghhh.... Finn it's all for your own good!!! ><

My Lou is used to having his food measured, but man...I made the mistake of opening the nice snacks.  I can't get a moment of peace when I get home from work until snackage happens.  Luckily, doesn't have to be much, but still...  You'd think the cat was starving (bowl full of food, of course).  Do not get the nice snacks. Do not give the nice snacks.  man. 

• Like 3

Human | Plays with Sticks | Monkish Leanings | Rangerish Overtones

Occasionally Updated Facebook

10 hours ago, ChrisWithaStick said:

My Lou is used to having his food measured, but man...I made the mistake of opening the nice snacks.  I can't get a moment of peace when I get home from work until snackage happens.  Luckily, doesn't have to be much, but still...  You'd think the cat was starving (bowl full of food, of course).  Do not get the nice snacks. Do not give the nice snacks.  man. 

Snacks.

Not even once.

• Haha 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

21 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I am LOVING your Christmas hype!! Christmas is my favorite thing ever and normally I'm all "Christmas starts on Sept. 15th the day after my birthday and you all have to deal with it!!1!" but this year I haven't been feeling the hype AT. ALL. So I'm just gonna lurk here and see if I can photosynthesize some of yours!

CHRISTMAS HYYYYYYYYYYYPE

I can't believe it's like what, less than 3 weeks away????

12 hours ago, ChrisWithaStick said:

Snacks, too - because if hills are involved, all the calories will be burned (hills plus cold).  Just sayin'  Oh...and layers. Layers are good, or at least pit-vents. 

I've got a stupidly old pair of Solomon hikers that I re-waterproofed that are hanging in there (I'm not a hard core hiker, so YMMV).  If you like the shoes or boots you have now, the spray-on water proofing works pretty well, and there are other options.  Maybe check a local out-doors shop? While I'm sure styles/footbeds have changed, I happen to like my boots for winter/wet. 

I will say, while I've not done so in a while now, I used to get outside in cold weather a lot, even without snow.  If there are reasonably kept trails around your area, or even just nice big parks, I'd say get outside, if that's what you need.  Good shoes, wool socks and layers, and you're set (and tea of course). 

Layers for real, I experienced this minor-ly on my recent hike...!  I still need to look into good cold weather outdoors clothing, coming from the South, I have..... very little!!  There are lots of well kept state trails here for sure, that are all reasonably close.

ANY bag now that resembles The Treat Bag will get a massive response.  Shredded cheese??  It must be the GOOD BOY SNACKS. Bag of imported licorice?  THE GOOD BOY SNACKS. Tide pods for the washer?  WHERE ARE MY GOOD BOY SNACKS?????

..... We learned the hard way.

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

Have a boss day! 

Also, im putting my tree up today.... i feel sick with excitement!. xx

YAYAYA PHOTOS PLEASE!!!

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Snacks.

Not even once.

This needs to be on a billboard or at least a light up sign outside the PetSmart...........

Hi guys I have a weird-ass story for y'all everything's going super rad over here I've been applying to jobs and that's where the story comes from living in a Small Rural Town HOO BOY HOWDY ok but I gotta get to drying my hair and having lunch so I can go do an errand or two phew maybe I will do that vlog sometime 'cause typing it all up I ain't got TIME for that (even though you think i would being funemployed and all hmmmmmmm)

<3

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

7 minutes ago, shaar said:

Layers for real, I experienced this minor-ly on my recent hike...!  I still need to look into good cold weather outdoors clothing, coming from the South, I have..... very little!!  There are lots of well kept state trails here for sure, that are all reasonably close.

Now I do not do The Outdoors, but I possess a fuzzy garment that I like to call my Opt Out of Winter coat, in that it + long sleeve shirt + gloves = not feeling the cold down to around 19 degrees. An ancient* Denim & Co. number that is allegedly an X-small, but it still fits with enough room for another half me in there lol. If clothes had stats, it would have a -25 CHA, but ain't nobody got time for style lately LOL. 

*Addit for context: It couldn't have been purchased less than 20 years ago.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Ho-kay so --

Yesterday I started applying for jobs!  Heck yeah go team.  There's a lot around here, and it's laughable how different (read: better) the pay is up here from Ye Ol' Beach Town, but that's not what I'm here to talk about.

I'm intentionally going to smudge some of the details of this story, mainly names and locations, just because it's you know, the internet.......... but strap in ok:

Spoiler

I applied to two places - one is a job at Company A, part-time for something in my current career field that is literally a 5 minute drive from the house. They just posted their listing yesterday so I'm not expecting to hear anything until next week.  The other is for a job at Company B, a few towns away, also a part time job with similar skills but for something not in the behavioral health field.  They posted their listing about a week ago.

This morning I'm sitting with my mom having coffee and planning out some shopping trips, and my phone goes ba-DING! - as it does when you get an email - and I look, and it's from Company B saying hey, your skills are great, if you're still interested email me and we'll talk.  Wowie wow wow!  So I tell my mom, "Wowie wow wow," I say, "I got an email from my resume already!"  She asks where and I say, "It's for a place in [a few towns over], Company B... I think they're downtown in the old [redacted location for privacy]....."  And she just.  Sets her coffee mug down.  And LOOKS at me.  And I'm like.  Oh no.

Turns out our neighbor down the street - a very good and longtime family friend - she's also friends with a woman that used to be married to the head of that company - they were only married for a year because apparently he is a batty bonkos narcissist and they got divorced because she got a sizeable family inheritance that he went looney tunes over because he couldn't have any, so he hired a guy to slash her tires overnight one night, and oh she worked for him years ago and that's how they got to know each other, and APPARENTLY the guy that slashed her tires was a looney too (and also a serious alcoholic) and he shot himself dead in the local [redacted] parking lot one night and my mom knows this because she's ALSO friends with the woman who was suicide guy's girlfriend at the time and she was with him in the [redacted] when he said  "yeah I'm gonna go shoot myself" and went to shoot himself in his car - and also ANOTHER friend of ours weeks later corroborated this story 'cause HE knows the COP that showed up to the shooty [redacted] parking lot scene......... 

I'm.  Uh.  I think there is virtue in patience.  So I'm thinking this might be a hard nope.  But as always, opinions are welcomed............

TL;DR, SMALL. TOWN. LIFE. Hoo.

• Like 6

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

18 minutes ago, shaar said:

but strap in ok:

should have heeded the warning! THAT WAS ONE HECK OF A RIDE! My vote is with the hard nope ;) 

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

19 hours ago, shaar said:

but strap in ok:

Geesh that was a rollercoaster. I am so glad your mom knows all those people. :D:D 

• Like 2

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

22 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

should have heeded the warning! THAT WAS ONE HECK OF A RIDE! My vote is with the hard nope ;) 

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I agree with jonfirestar™

You do NOT want to work around that level of crazy. There's no way that work environment is anything but toxic.

21 hours ago, Urgan said:

That place has got everything. Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll right off a cliff, baby. 

21 hours ago, Salinger said:

Holy Moly, no no no no no no no no no !!!!!!!

Come on Company A be nice and normal and kind and give Shaar a job hahahahah xx

3 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Geesh that was a rollercoaster. I am so glad your mom knows all those people. :D:D 

Phew ok good so I'm justified in replying NOPE DOT COM (in a kinder more professional way, natch) ( which I already did)

ANYWAYS!  The search continues!!

W E E K 2 (right?)

Phew first ok the list:

- MEASURE.  FINN'S.  FOOD.  You lazy bum.  Ugh.

- Pay bills Monday or Tuesday.

- Begin job search!  2-3 days a week, do not overwhelm yourself. (Started, tomorrow will be day 2!)

- Put up outdoor Christmas lights.

- Pick a solid basic curry recipe and make an ingredient list. (Doing this afternoon~)

- Try to get outdoors Monday 'cause it's gonna be the only decently warm (ha, "warm") day this week.

- Journal at least once this week! (Likely tomorrow!)

- Work on your Big FFXIV Screenshot Project (Basically I'm pulling my favorite screenshots over my past 3 years of playing and putting them into a big album because I'm a giant nerd...) (WIP!)

Here's a screenshot of my Not-Giant-Lizard character, Anrai, in front of one of my favorite dungeons, Pharos Sirius!  It's basically an old lighthouse that got cursed and taken over by a siren and her thrall of undead pirate zombies~

anrai-pharos.png

Hmhmhm what else?  Today we went to a new grocery store - not new as in NEW but as in we haven't been there yet - and it was huge and had a lot of selection (like a LOT i was v shocked) but MAN WAS IT BUSY.  It was kind of like an hour long whirlwind that dumped you at your car afterwards with no recollection of what you bought.  P H E W.  I'd like to go back when it's... uh... quieter, but if 2pm on a Thursday ain't quiet I'm not really sure what would be??

I finished Season 1 of LOST.  MAN that series is already making me cry aaaaaaaaa it's so good.  It's sure a show with flaws but man, if nothing else, that first season has some of the most brilliant writing and character development.  Frick I just love it~

I thiiiink that's it???  I will likely vlog tomorrow so watch for that fun piece of media up in here.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, shaar said:

quieter

I do my grocery shopping between 9 and 11 on Thursday morning.  Because it's quiet.  I hate hate hate busy shops.

7 minutes ago, shaar said:

LOST

I liked it, but it's been a long time so I don't remember much of the details.  But I liked it.  :-)

• Like 1

Level 46 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

6 minutes ago, shaar said:

because I'm a giant nerd...

Really? I would never have guessed. At least you're in the right place :) 

• Haha 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

50 minutes ago, shaar said:

2pm on a Thursday ain't quiet I'm not really sure what would be??

8 a.m. on a Tuesday

On 12/5/2018 at 1:45 PM, shaar said:

but strap in ok:

Muy bad juju......

• Like 1

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

Spoiler

there you are!

I don't why I didn't find you when I first went to look for you

but hey

HELLO

I'm back and I'll try to follow you a bit.  job hunting is No fun.  my experience is that places with job postings ALL the time, well there's a reason for that.

so I'm glad you found that reason for job company B

Hoping you have a good weekend.

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

On 11/26/2018 at 12:06 PM, shaar said:

Thanks!  I HAVE ALREADY BEGUN!! ^_____^

Yeah, it's weird, I can't really place it. Today it's not even here!  So, woohoo!  ???

Yeah small lists ain't got NOTHIN'

Meeeee too!~

YAYAYAYAY WELCOME BACK <3  Let's keep going!!!

w e e k 1

I don't have my list handy but I definitely just sat down and did the Paying of Bills and all accounts look good so that's out of the way!~

ALSO I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ALL MY SNOW BUNNY FRIENDS!!  Has anyone ever been snowshoeing??  There are a couple of places around here - like the wildlife sanctuary! - that rent out snowshoes to use on their land in the wintertime and I'm REALLY INTERESTED!  My cardio also sucks!  YAHA!  Thoughts??

tenor.gif

Later today I'll go dig around for my Christmas lights and decorations, we'll decorate this coming weekend!  I AM EXCITE!!

Other than that I don't really have a lot... things have been fairly quiet around here.  Which I guess is okay. <3

another callout for snowshoeing

I haven't done a LOT of it.  but its fun!  in heavy snows its def better than skiing.  

I've kind of always felt that it was Much better though in heavy fluffy snow rather than icy crusty snow.

---

anyways, If I had the chance to rent snowshoes at a nature sanctuary- and the weather conditions are right, I'd take it in a New York minute..

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

On 12/6/2018 at 3:33 PM, Cheetah said:

I do my grocery shopping between 9 and 11 on Thursday morning.  Because it's quiet.  I hate hate hate busy shops.

Back in the pre-Funemployment days, I would get to work at 9:30.  I always found that if I didn't take a little break before 11am to go get any errands done, all HECK would break loose and it would be b a n a n a s!  That 11am cutoff point is a THING, huh???

18 hours ago, TGP said:

there you are!

I don't why I didn't find you when I first went to look for you

but hey

HELLO

I'm back and I'll try to follow you a bit.  job hunting is No fun.  my experience is that places with job postings ALL the time, well there's a reason for that.

so I'm glad you found that reason for job company B

Hoping you have a good weekend.

18 hours ago, TGP said:

another callout for snowshoeing

I haven't done a LOT of it.  but its fun!  in heavy snows its def better than skiing.  

I've kind of always felt that it was Much better though in heavy fluffy snow rather than icy crusty snow.

---

anyways, If I had the chance to rent snowshoes at a nature sanctuary- and the weather conditions are right, I'd take it in a New York minute..

!!!!!!! TGP WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!  Duuuude it's great to see you here!!!  I hope you have a challenge up maybe??? I'll go look after this~

- Oh yeah, the places with a lot or constantly rotating job listings are Danger Will Robinson... I've gotten into the habit of doing lots of online research - maybe a little too much? - on companies before I apply to them.  Phew.  Hoo boy.  

- I cannot WAIT for 6 inches of snow so I can call the wildlife sanctuary and they will say "yes we are snowshoeing today" and I can drive over there in a New York minute.  I'm really really excited!!  It's only about 20 minutes from my house?? Lucky.....

Hi guys, I was gonna vlog yesterday but I didn't because I was a super crabby banana and got stuck in a little bit of a bad headspace. My morning job search yielded no fruit and I got a little jangly and it kinda set the tone for the day; otherwise I managed to hang in there and stay productive at least, and this morning I sat down with a cup of coffee and some Mongolian meditation music (heckyeah) and did some more journaling.  And it helped.  I won't post this one 'cause it's kind of real stream of consciousness and all over the place, but good points taken are a. trust in the process and b. stop looking so far ahead and enjoy today.  Also c. it's ok to not be doing 497 things at once....

And, the list!!  Almost donezo~

- MEASURE.  FINN'S.  FOOD.  You lazy bum.  Ugh.

- Pay bills Monday or Tuesday.

- Begin job search!  2-3 days a week, do not overwhelm yourself. 

- Put up outdoor Christmas lights.

- Pick a solid basic curry recipe and make an ingredient list.  (I am having a hard time with this ugh.  Leaning towards this one and adding more veggies; carrots, peapods, etc?)

- Try to get outdoors Monday 'cause it's gonna be the only decently warm (ha, "warm") day this week.

- Journal at least once this week! (Done this morning!)

- Work on your Big FFXIV Screenshot Project (Basically I'm pulling my favorite screenshots over my past 3 years of playing and putting them into a big album because I'm a giant nerd...) (STARTED!!)

Here's another screenshot of Anrai being a #cooldude;

allaboutthatswordlifeyo.png

Happy Two Weeks till Christmas weekend my nerdfriends WAIT WHAT

*looks at calendar*

... Yeah pretty much HOLY SANTA STUCK IN A CHIMNEY IT'S COMIN' 

• Like 7

W E E K 3 (right? ??)

Ok, first things first, my list for this week!

giphy.gif

- Continue job search! (2 weekdays)

- Go for a walk, preferably Monday

- Make gingerbread cookies~

- Finish sweeping out and tidying up the basement

- Continue nerdy XIV screenshot compilation (I've got 2018 done!)

- Buy ingredients for curry!  Make it!!

- Journal at least once

- Start thinking about your next challenge....*

- Try and figure out my right shoulder....**

* I've actually already started this, and it's still early in December, but I need to sit down and start thinking about starting over with how I operate and my goals.  What tools I want to utilize and build on moving forward from here.  What I want to make priorities in my life.  How to take care of myself better now that everything is so different; physically, mentally, emotionally! (Also a big one, is geographically!)  I may actually do this challenge with the Druids, but we'll see...

** Wowie wow wow has my right trap/shoulder/neck been giving me some SERIOUS twinges and tightness lately.  Like, to the point I notice it often.  It's generally only bothered me when I was lifting and working on OHP and other shoulder-related lifts, but lately it's really been giving me the grumpies.  I've brought out the ol' tennis ball and have started rolling with it while I watch LOST and it's helping some... I know the problem lies deeper and I really need more deep tissue massage to unjangle all the bullshit in there, but right now that's wicked not an option, so.  More research needed!

ANYWAYS happy Sunday y'all, stay warm and cozy and maybe sit under your Christmas tree and watch a movie or wrap yourself up in shiny festive wrapping paper IDK you do you IT'S THE HOLIDAYS!!!!!!! :DDDDD

giphy.gif

ebwLILI.gif?noredirect

65df08c39f1f0b794c0f7c3f83ce78b13bf1b63c

• Like 7

Welp happy Monday I did a vlog that's pretty much 3 minutes of me complaining about how cold I am and my face is leaking WOO HASHBROWN BLESSED

YouTube couldn't give me a better video thumbnail than that ok cool whatever~

I did get outside though and it is a Good Feel.. ^______________^

My next one will be more cohesive SURELY, anyways I'm gonna finish this leftover lunch and go make gingerbread cookies............ :3

• Like 6
  • Haha 4