Elennare Grinds Through the Holidays

Elennare

14 hours ago, Elennare said:

After thinking about it, I have decided that I'm not going to be able to stick to a drastic change (been there, done that, that's why I'm not doing that now), but I do want to try to take advantage of the lack of derby to lose more fat.  So, I am going to stick with my current plan and add soft goals of meeting my step goal (per Garmin) every day and to make an effort to avoid grains and (too much) added sugar.  I think those are doable and will hopefully help me make some decent progress.

Smart. :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Day 8 

8/28 - food    

7/28 - water    

7/28 - exercise    

2/8 – skating        

4/28 - sleep

Grabbed lunch from the grocery store in the morning, but it was packed!  Hit my water goal, and also cooked dinner.  Unfortunately, dinner took a lot longer to prepare than I had hoped, and it turned out I forgot to grab some things I needed for this morning while I was at the grocery store, so I ended up running back out to the store instead of exercising.  Got all my steps in, though.  Got to bed more or less on time, and had enough leftovers from dinner to pack for my lunch today.

• Like 2

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

Day 9

9/28 - food    

8/28 - water    

8/28 - exercise     

2/8 – skating      

5/28 - sleep

So, my edit from earlier on my last post appears to have been eaten by the internet. It was saying our plans to go lift tonight were in question due to Little Bug getting sick this morning. I am pleased to report he was feeling better by the evening and we were able to go to the gym. I wasn't feeling the greatest, so went a bit light, but I did the thing!

Also met my food and water goals, and got all my steps. I marked sleep as met, but I might not have gotten quite enough. I was close, and given that my watch stopped recording sleep for a chunk of the night, I'm calling it good enough.

Off to take a shower, then decide if I'm going to the store to get something for lunch or grab it in the morning and just go to bed now. I suspect bed will win. Especially since my legs are not pleased with stairs currently...

• Like 4

Yay for getting to the gym after all! :)

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Day 10's update soundtrack brought to you by the roller rink's beginning show team. :)

Day 10

10/28 - food    

9/28 - water    

9/28 - exercise     

3/8 – skating      

6/28 - sleep

Packed lunch, by which I mean I went to the grocery store before work and bought healthy stuff to eat.  Then got into work and got reminded that we were going out to lunch to celebrate a visiting coworker's last day here.  Had a really good salad at the restaurant.  I did pack a lunch, and I ate healthy, so it counts!

Way met my water goal.  And, if you take into consideration all the beverages I consumed over the course of the day, I had around a gallon of liquid!

Went to the exercise class.  It was fun!  I got there about 15 minutes ahead of time, and the beginning show team was still practicing.  I assume it was a dress rehearsal, because they were all wearing mostly the same thing plus crazy hats (like, christmas tree on their head, or a turban with a tulle cloud wrapped around it crazy) and doing a routine to song at the top of my post.  It was...something!  Fun to watch, but, wow. :)  The class itself was pretty good (and the music was much more suited to what we were doing :) ).  Only an hour long, so not as much of a workout as a practice, but I was all sweaty by the end of it.  We did a warm up, and then a mix of skills and a few conditioning exercises.  Yesterday was mostly figure skating skills and style-independent skills (like plow stops and basic skating).  I learned how to do a two-footed spin, though!  I plan to go back.

As a slight bonus, there were several skaters from the league I'm looking to join there!  I didn't get to talk with them much, but the little bit I did they seemed nice.  Maybe next week they'll be there again and I can talk with them a little bit more.

I got a good night's sleep going into Wednesday, but because the class was so late, I got to bed way late.  I think it was good that I went, though.  I can't walk normally today, but I have a feeling that if I hadn't, I wouldn't be able to walk at all today!  Though, skating the day after leg day is definitely a thing.

• Like 2

Packed lunch, by which I mean I went to the grocery store before work and bought healthy stuff to eat.  Then got into work and got reminded that we were going out to lunch to celebrate a visiting coworker's last day here.  Had a really good salad at the restaurant.  I did pack a lunch, and I ate healthy, so it counts!

TOTALLY counts. 

Went to the exercise class.  It was fun!  I got there about 15 minutes ahead of time, and the beginning show team was still practicing.  I assume it was a dress rehearsal, because they were all wearing mostly the same thing plus crazy hats (like, christmas tree on their head, or a turban with a tulle cloud wrapped around it crazy) and doing a routine to song at the top of my post.  It was...something!  Fun to watch, but, wow. :)  The class itself was pretty good (and the music was much more suited to what we were doing :) ).  Only an hour long, so not as much of a workout as a practice, but I was all sweaty by the end of it.  We did a warm up, and then a mix of skills and a few conditioning exercises.  Yesterday was mostly figure skating skills and style-independent skills (like plow stops and basic skating).  I learned how to do a two-footed spin, though!  I plan to go back.

As a slight bonus, there were several skaters from the league I'm looking to join there!  I didn't get to talk with them much, but the little bit I did they seemed nice.  Maybe next week they'll be there again and I can talk with them a little bit more.

Awesome. Glad it was a good class. :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

22 hours ago, Elennare said:

You never said the two had to be related, and hey look, now you're prepped for an extra lunch. :) 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 54 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Day 11

11/28 - food    

10/28 - water    

10/28 - exercise     

3/8 – skating      

6/28 - sleep

Well, I ticked off most of my goals yesterday, but it was not so great overall.  I'm not sure if not getting enough sleep was the cause, or it was the sudden uptick in exercise, but I was starving.  Didn't get up early enough, so no time to make breakfast (or coffee!) before we had to run out the door, but I did get Little Bug to school on time.  Hit up Starbucks, and got some egg bites and coffee, which is normally plenty of food until lunch.  Not yesterday, though.  Ended up finishing all my healthy snacks before lunch.  Luckily, had lunch already at work, otherwise I would not have met that goal.  Got hungry again halfway through the afternoon, and all that was available was the vending machine, so I ended up with some crackers and a candy bar. :(  Dinner was relatively healthy (fresh ramen), but could have been better.  Ended up drinking half of my water too close to bedtime, so I ended up having to pee in the middle of the night.  But I did get to bed on time, and stretched for 15 minutes before I went to bed.  And also did a bunch of walking in place before bed so I hit my step goal, too.

I think today is back on track, though I didn't bring lunch with me.  No food at home, and I didn't want to run to the store before work because we're going to be in a Christmas parade this evening so I need to be done with work as early as I can be.  So, I'm guessing lunch is going to be chili and some fruit from the cafeteria, but maybe I'll get lucky and they're have something else that's healthy and tasty.

• Like 2

Day 12

11/28 - food    

11/28 - water    

11/28 - exercise     

3/8 – skati ng      

7/28 - sleep

Got a good night's sleep last night, so checked that one off. I'll have met my water goal once I finish this (large) cup of tea.

Didn't meet my food goal, but I ate more or less healthy today. Had yogurt with chocolate chips and hemp seeds for breakfast. The cafeteria actually had tasty healthy food today - grilled salmon, zucchini, and brown rice. Then ended up with tacos while waiting for the parade to start.

I'm counting the parade plus the walk between the car and the staging/finishing area as my exercise for the day. It added up to a couple miles minimum, so it totally counts, even if it wasn't a continuous 15 minutes (I didn't tine anything). Totally met my step goal.

The parade was fun. The boys got to ride in an antique firetruck! Hushed and I walked and passed out candy.

Forgot to call the y, so I'll have to try in the morning to see if they've got a spot in child care so we can go lift. Otherwise, it may not happen as planned. Guess we'll see!

• Like 3

Day 13 & 14

13/28 - food     

11/28 - water     

13/28 - exercise      

4/8 – skating       

9/28 - sleep 

For some reason I did not want to drink water this weekend. Like, I was thirsty, but I didn't want to actually drink something. It was weird. Did good on my food, though.

Lifting did not happen, but we went to open skate on Saturday. Today I got quite the arm workout building Little Bug's desk accessory unit thing, and did something else today that combined with it I had decided Counted, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was now. Didn't hit my step goal yesterday, because I completely forgot about it until it was too late to do anything about it. Not sure if I'm going to hit it today.

Sleep was pretty good. Got enough, but I also woke up at 5:30 this morning for reasons and never got back to good sleep after that.

Started building gingerbread houses with the boys today. Got 2/3 of the way done with decorating and found out the icing holding the pieces had not, in fact, set enough as half the roof fell off one and the other completely collapsed. So they got stuck back together and we'll finish decorating tomorrow when they are very solid. Husband and I are going to decorate ours tomorrow anyway. Our kit had a couple broken pieces in it that had to be put back together so we were a step behind the boys.

• Like 1

Other than the not drinking much water over the weekend, it sounds like things are going very well. :) 

Poor collapsing gingerbread houses!

Raptron, alot assassin

2 hours ago, raptron said:

Poor collapsing gingerbread houses!

Indeed!  Though, the look of dismay on Little One's face when his house fell completely apart was very adorable.  They should be quite solid to finish decorating tonight.

Things are going surprisingly well this challenge.  I haven't stepped on the scale, so I don't know if I'm losing any weight, but I'm at least doing a pretty good job sticking to my plan, for once. :)

I also realized I only gave a drive-by update on the Christmas parade on Friday.  It was a lot of fun!  My company brought their antique firetruck for the float, so we got to put decorations on it (there were way more decorations than the truck could actually hold, but it ended up looking ok).  The boys rode in the back for the parade and looked super cute waving at everyone.  Husband and I walked next to the truck and passed out candy.  Definitely made my steps for Friday!  Then I jumped on the back of the truck at the end of the route (because this is not my first parade, and I know sometimes vehicles end up having to zoom off somewhere without the people walking, and I didn't want the boys getting whisked off somewhere and wondering when mommy and daddy where going to catch up), and my foot cramped up on me!  I have no idea why it did that, but it was bad!  So, ever so slightly sour ending to what was otherwise a really nice night.  But everyone had fun, so that was good.  It was a surprisingly big parade for only going 3 blocks, too, so that was cool.  Lots of people watching, so our decision to park at Little Bug's school (about a mile from the parade start) was a good decision, because we got to avoid all the crazy traffic.

• Like 3

Day 15

14/28 - food      

12/28 - water      

14/28 - exercise       

4/8 – skating        

10/28 - sleep  

Lunch was leftovers, and not as healthy as I would have liked, but good enough to count. Got my water drinking back on track, despite leaving my water bottle at home. Just kept refilling the cold brew coffee bottle. Bonus was it made me get up from my desk a few extra times.

Got my exercise in today thanks to trying to get caught up on the pre-Christmas Instagram fitness challenge I decided to do. Only got through the first 5 days before I decided that was enough for today. Probably would have pushed through them all but I've got an appointment to lift tomorrow so I didn't want to overdo it before that.

Got enough sleep, time wise, but it was not good quality. Capped off with a dream where I was trying to get ready and out the door to get Little Bug to school on time but kept getting interrupted by everything I have been worrying about at some point this year happening (and things going wrong). So that was fun. /s

We didn't finish the gingerbread houses tonight because we decided to go get a tree. We had to go to 2 lots, because the first one we tried was over priced and it had a weird vibe. The second lot was great, had lots of trees, and the profits supported a youth center and the local schools. But, that all ended up taking long enough that it was too late to finish the gingerbread houses. Probably do those tomorrow and decorate the tree on Wednesday.

• Like 3

That parade sounds like fun.  

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Yay for Christmas trees! And yes, that parade sounds very cute. Glad the boys had fun. :)

Raptron, alot assassin

Day 16

15/28 - food       

13/28 - water       

15/28 - exercise        

4/8 – skating         

11/28 - sleep  

Rolling along, and even survived a speed bump.

Packed lunch, met my water goal (barely, but I did), and got enough sleep.

Got stuck at work a bit late, and Husband started feeling not good (we're hoping it's just some variety of the carb flu). We had a reservation at the gym, but he said he didn't want to go. So I had him change the time to a half hour later and I still went. Then my watch was being screwy again (it won't let me edit the number of reps it recorded) and my music crapped out just as I started my workout, and I got told (3 reps into the first set) that medicine ball slams are not allowed, but I did the thing!

• Like 1

Glad you got your workout in despite the world scheming against you. :)

Raptron, alot assassin

Day 17

15/28 - food       

14/28 - water       

15/28 - exercise        

4/8 – skating         

11/28 - sleep

Whelp, things have gone off the rails a bit.  Didn't pack a lunch yesterday, and ate like a trash panda.  WAY met my water goal, didn't exercise, and was a bit short on sleep (cuz I got to bed a bit late after victory over speedbumps on Tuesday).  But, I have an excuse.  I am sick.  Started coming down with the cold Little Bug is still getting over yesterday, and today I am definitely sick.  Hoping I got enough vitamin C and zinc in me to make it not too bad.  Feels that way, but still sick for sure.  Today is take it easy day, and I'm working from home.  Here's hoping I get better quick.

Oh yeah.  And I got stuck at work late again yesterday (2.5 hours late), and lost credit for a bunch of steps (probably close to half of what I did for the day) because the suggested troubleshooting steps I got for the issues it was having on Tuesday apparently involved resetting it and the support guy didn't warn me that it would wipe the day's data.  So I don't know if I met my step goal, but if I did I sure didn't get credit for it.  But, I won't be meeting it today because I'm taking it easy to get not sick, so I guess it doesn't really matter because my streak would be dying today anyway.  Meh.  I'd be less upset about it (and I'm really not upset, just a tad annoyed) if it had fixed the issue, but it didn't.

Day 18

15/28 - food       

14/28 - water       

15/28 - exercise        

4/8 – skating         

12/28 - sleep

Worked from home, didn't get off the couch unless I had to, was feeling worse by the evening, so I went to bed at like 7:30.  Still feel pretty sick today, even with taking Sudafed, so today will probably be more of the same, though I'll try to do better about drinking enough water.  At least it seems to be staying in my head (so far).  Here's hoping it stays there and doesn't move to my chest. :(

• Like 1

Day 19 

15/28 - food        

14/28 - water        

15/28 - exercise         

4/8 – skating           

13/28 - sleep 

I've been replaced with a slug. Being sick sucks.

• Sad 2

Day 20 

15/28 - food         

14/28 - water         

15/28 - exercise          

4/8 – skating            

14/28 - sleep  

Think I'm on the getting better side of the sick. Felt better, but still really run down for most of the day, and sometime this evening I started almost feeling like a person again. Unfortunately, it seems like Little One is getting sick now. :( Hopefully iif he is, he gets the super mild version Little Bug had and not the knock you flat version I got. And on that note, I'm going to go to bed so I can keep getting better.

Sorry to hear you got taken out by illness this week. Hopefully you're feeling more human today. Grats on forging ahead with the workout last Wednesday, though. Did they say why medicine ball slams aren't allowed? 

Manarelle the Level 54 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Day 21

15/28 - food         

14/28 - water         

15/28 - exercise          

4/8 – skating            

15/28 - sleep 

Feeling a lot better yesterday, but also still sick.  Went and did the (almost) last of the Christmas shopping, and completely forgot that Little Bug's catechism class was doing a Christmas play.  Not that it was communicated very well, but I felt like the worst parent ever.  I think there were definitely mitigating circumstances (I was sick, Little One was sick, the only notice we got was a note written by the kids and Little Bug wasn't sure he had the time correct), but it still sucked.

And, I have clearly been ganked by a wandering world boss.  I'm still a bit sick today (almost better!), but I feel like crap again, because guess what?  It's shark week now!  Yay!  Not.  I guess at least I'll be feeling better by Christmas?  Not sure I'm going to actually make it to the gym this week, but I think I'm going to try.  We'll see how I feel.

• Like 2

Day 22

15/28 - food         

14/28 - water         

15/28 - exercise          

4/8 – skating            

16/28 - sleep

Back to work, but still out of it.  I muddled through the day, but I was not very productive.  I've had my sinuses and ears kind of plugged up for a few days, which has been making me feel like my head was in a bucket.  Then, halfway through the afternoon, one of my ears decided to clear up.  Only one!  Which resulted in the bucket feeling being joined by everything feeling off kilter.  Yay!

Then I went and finished the Christmas shopping.  I also bought a little thing to put in my stocking, so we don't have a repeat of "mommy, why didn't Santa bring YOU anything?" resulting from me foolishly assuming Husband would think to get me a stocking stuffer or two.  All the presents that need to be mailed have gone out (wait, no, there's one more to send...darn it!), the tree topper should arrive today (neither of the two we already had worked with the tree we bought this year), and then I think the only things left to do before Christmas are cleaning up the house and for me to finish knitting the "pot holders" to go with the play kitchen for the boys.

And, I will manage to get this challenge back on track by the end of the week (and yes, I know that's the end of the challenge).  Not going to make it to the gym, though.

• Like 2