• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Grumble gains inVOWELuable knowledge

30 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm glad your sleep is improving, that often makes everything better.

It really does. Things are really starting to click.

• Like 2

Sooo, did you get all the strength you want already, and is running your new main quest? Or are you hoping to hit a specific running goal then go back to strength? Or improve in both simultaneously? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Harriet said:

Sooo, did you get all the strength you want already, and is running your new main quest? Or are you hoping to hit a specific running goal then go back to strength? Or improve in both simultaneously? 

I have all the strengths. Which is why everyone else needs to work out. I am the swole distribution center. Swolestribution.

There may or may not be any truth to that.

Running is definitely a side quest, but it's akin to Being the Dragonborn and doing the Assassin's Guild side quest. Yes it's not integral to my main storyline, but it's still important and something that's an adventure worth completing. Once. I have plans to do a PL meet by the end of 2019 or early 2020. (Those are real dates, my brain hurts)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Welcome to WEEK 3!

Mikevogel GIF - Mikevogel GIFs

Let's get caught up cause I'm a slacker, ya?

Lizard Pimp Walk Cause Haters Gonna Hate GIF - Lizard PimpWalk HatersGonnaHate GIFs

Accelerate: 1/1 (1/2)
Elevate: 2/1 (2/2)

In addition to my hill sprints Tuesday, I did a hike yesterday. 7.3 miles roudn trip, 1200 ft elevation gain. Beautiful view of Los Angeles and the Pacific Ocean. (I'll add a pic when I'm not on my work pc)

Implement: 0/1 (1/2)

This did not happen this week. I gave up friday after the new drivers didn't work and couldn't be bothered over the weekend. 

Ohmmmmm: 7/7 (14/14) 

Hit it every single day. I didn't pick a specific time either. Which was one of my failings in the past. I constantly felt like I was missing the mark because I was not going on the time prescribed, recommended, suggested, etc. SO I do it when it feels right. And that has been in the middle of the day or just getting into bed.

Unplug: 5/7 (12/13)

I did not plug in friday or saturday night. I had reasons, but I didn't not follow my requirements for this challenge. So, bad me.

Overall a good week. I'm ok with a lack of perfection, but I still need to improve.

The Proposal Chant GIF - TheProposal Chant ToTheTrees GIFs

• Like 4

awwww yisssssssssss that view is beautiful! love getting outside. heading to san diego in less than a month and can't freaking wait to not be ass-biting cold.

also great job with the meditation goal!! that's some serious commitment and improvement. go U. ...see what i did there?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

awwww yisssssssssss that view is beautiful! love getting outside. heading to san diego in less than a month and can't freaking wait to not be ass-biting cold.

If you somehow make it up the road to L.A. let me know, nerd meetup can happen.

2 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

also great job with the meditation goal!! that's some serious commitment and improvement. go U. ...see what i did there?

I think I missed it.

• Haha 1

Just now, Grumble said:

If you somehow make it up the road to L.A. let me know, nerd meetup can happen.

i will! probably unlikely as i don't like to travel within an allotted vaca if that makes sense? but if we do, i will definitely hit you up!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumble said:

I have all the strengths. Which is why everyone else needs to work out. I am the swole distribution center. Swolestribution.

There may or may not be any truth to that.

Running is definitely a side quest, but it's akin to Being the Dragonborn and doing the Assassin's Guild side quest. Yes it's not integral to my main storyline, but it's still important and something that's an adventure worth completing. Once. I have plans to do a PL meet by the end of 2019 or early 2020. (Those are real dates, my brain hurts)

I understand perfectly. Hail sithis! 
I can't decide if it's awesome or terrible to have so much strength you don't need to work on it anymore :D

24 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I understand perfectly. Hail sithis! 

Related image

24 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I can't decide if it's awesome or terrible to have so much strength you don't need to work on it anymore :D

If I ever get to that point, I will be sure to let you know.

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

Ohmmmmm: 7/7 (14/14) 

Hit it every single day. I didn't pick a specific time either. Which was one of my failings in the past. I constantly felt like I was missing the mark because I was not going on the time prescribed, recommended, suggested, etc. SO I do it when it feels right. And that has been in the middle of the day or just getting into bed.

I am the opposite of this - if I don't do my things at the time I'm scheduled to do them (meditation is 'during morning routine, right after Duolingo) I will 100% not remember to do them ever. Ever.

Between this and you having ALL the strength, I remain impressed as ever.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Oooh, beautiful view. Good work on the consistent yet flexible Ommmmming. Like Gemma, if I don't set times for things I am a lot less productive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harriet said:

Oooh, beautiful view. Good work on the consistent yet flexible Ommmmming. Like Gemma, if I don't set times for things I am a lot less productive. 

Setting times for things makes me skip them. My mind does not work in a regimented fashion. I find the setting a time to clear my thoughts works less efficiently, than taking a time to do it when it's useful, whether that be just before bed or after a mind numbing meeting or something stressful has occurred.

• Like 1

Gorgeous view!!! And I'm fascinated that you find having a set time makes the new habits harder to stick to - it's always been opposite in my experience, but I guess that just proves different things work for different people!

9 hours ago, Grumble said:

Setting times for things makes me skip them. My mind does not work in a regimented fashion. I find the setting a time to clear my thoughts works less efficiently, than taking a time to do it when it's useful, whether that be just before bed or after a mind numbing meeting or something stressful has occurred.

Using meditation to address specific stressful things seems useful. I wonder if it could even be done before the stressful thing to increase equanimity. Provided the stressful thing is considerate enough to make an appointment.  

11 hours ago, Harriet said:

Using meditation to address specific stressful things seems useful. I wonder if it could even be done before the stressful thing to increase equanimity. Provided the stressful thing is considerate enough to make an appointment.  

Crying Laughing GIF - Crying Laughing KristenBell GIFs

• Like 1

So this week has been a mild roller coaster

Monday and tuesday night were spent playing backup support to Mrs Grumble while she played support to an old friend who's going through a very rough period in his life, then I got to do the same last night with another friend, and my car was broken into night before. I'm kinda over the rest of this week. Outside of grimble seeing Santa tonight, I don't plan on leaving the house til sunday.

Accelerate: .5/1

I didn't specifically train speed last night, but I did run a sub 26 minute 3 miler. So another lifetime PR. Also, one of those miles was 8:04. That might be my fastest mile ever.

1 8:37
2 9:02
3 8:04
4 0:03 (.01 of a mile)

Elevate: 0/1

I don't think I'm going to get my hill work this week, but I did hills twice last week if you count my hike so I'm not worried about it. We'll see.

Implement: 0/1

Cleaning is coming along, but I'm not sure when I'm going to call the week a success. We'll see.

Ohmmmmm: 3/7

I've been doing this more before going to bed than anything else, and even on the nights I'm not super tired it's helped me knock out right quick. I even got Mrs G to participate last night.

Unplug: 1/3

This has not been great, but considering how my week has gone, I wasn't going to just sit and stare at my wife while she soundboarded.

All in all a middling week for the middle of the week. 

• Like 4

holy hell week. sounds like you're checking the self-care box at least and that meditation habit is really coming in handy for times like this. hope things start looking up. do you have to have car insurance in CA? does insurance even cover damage from break ins?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grumble said:

So this week has been a mild roller coaster

Monday and tuesday night were spent playing backup support to Mrs Grumble while she played support to an old friend who's going through a very rough period in his life, then I got to do the same last night with another friend, and my car was broken into night before. I'm kinda over the rest of this week. Outside of grimble seeing Santa tonight, I don't plan on leaving the house til sunday.

Congrats on the fastest mile!!! And the consistent oms. Sorry about the week of drama. Here is a bathtub full of fennec foxes for your trouble:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c12d087636c376d73giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

holy hell week. sounds like you're checking the self-care box at least and that meditation habit is really coming in handy for times like this. hope things start looking up. do you have to have car insurance in CA? does insurance even cover damage from break ins?

I do, but there was no damage, so i think grimble left her door cracked I didn't double check the efforts of a 3 yr old.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Grumble said:

I do, but there was no damage, so i think grimble left her door cracked I didn't double check the efforts of a 3 yr old.

Glad you had smarter crooks than I did awhile back. Driving an 89 mustang hatchback that my dad and I had restored. Had a decent set of sub woofers in the back.

Crooks busted out both door locks, still couldn't get in, so the busted out the driver window....the doors were unlocked lol...stole the stereo and subs.

Sorry the hear about the theft, heres hoping they didn't get too many valuables. 

Maybe as a meditative focus/visualization...5 minutes with the person that stole shit from you :-D    

Keep up the other good work though! Grats on the mile times too, you ever in memphis lets go for a jog! There's a good pizza place and japanese place within running distance!

1 hour ago, farflight said:

Sorry the hear about the theft, heres hoping they didn't get too many valuables. 

I like to think they found only a collection of empty peanut butter jars. 

• Like 1