• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Grumble gains inVOWELuable knowledge

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

I like to think they found only a collection of empty peanut butter jars. 

That would've been the case if they'd broken into MY car, certainly ;)

And a bag full of bottles to be recycled lol

--

That is a really not cool week, and I fully approve of your weekend plans. Sometimes people suck. :(

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 7:57 AM, Harriet said:

I like to think they found only a collection of empty peanut butter jars. 

I can neither confirm nor deny.

• Like 1

Is it really week 4 already?

Accelerate: .5+/1 (1.5/3)

Wednesdays 5k.
Elevate: .5/1 (2.5/3)
Ran 9 miles yesterday, accidentally did 3 hills.

Implement: .25/1 (1/3)

I decided to clean the garage while I still have all my xmas boxes down. Not my smartest decision. I did organize my filing cabinet though, so I'll give myself partial marks for that.

Ohmmmmm: 5/7 (19/21) 

Missed a couple of nonconsecutive days, but I could almost count my run sunday as meditative. Still feels good to do it, and I think the non scheduled meditative sessions have been extra excellent. That way if I don't have a session, I didn't need it that day.

Unplug: 5/7 (17/20)

Again, missed a couple days, Saturday night was the wifes family xmas party and i unplugged all afternoon. All I wanted was to hide in my phone on my couch next to my wife. WHICH I DID. And it was just what I needed. Plus considering how overall crap this week was, I'm surprised I put my phone away that much.

Going to try and finish strong. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

IImplement: .25/1 (1/3)

I decided to clean the garage while I still have all my xmas boxes down. Not my smartest decision.

Haha, why? I thought dealing with the garage was part of your goal here. 

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

You got ittt.

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Missed a couple of nonconsecutive days, but I could almost count my run sunday as meditative. Still feels good to do it, and I think the non scheduled meditative sessions have been extra excellent. That way if I don't have a session, I didn't need it that day.

Again, missed a couple days, Saturday night was the wifes family xmas party and i unplugged all afternoon. All I wanted was to hide in my phone on my couch next to my wife. WHICH I DID. And it was just what I needed. Plus considering how overall crap this week was, I'm surprised I put my phone away that much.

Seems fair. Sounds like you know what's good for you. Go forth and slay your last week.

22 hours ago, Grumble said:

Is it really week 4 already?

Just join me on misnumbering weeks, then it's not!

accidentally did 3 hills.

...definitely not a sentence I'll ever utter. I think.

Implement: .25/1 (1/3)

I decided to clean the garage while I still have all my xmas boxes down. Not my smartest decision. I did organize my filing cabinet though, so I'll give myself partial marks for that.

Seconding raptron here - is cleaning the garage a bad thing? Just because of increased scope?

Meditative exercise is definitely a thing!

Slack cutting for this week is definitely warranted.

35 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Just join me on misnumbering weeks, then it's not!

My brain cannot unwire that way.

20 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

Can't say that has ever happened to me.. (Though to be fair, I would have to FIND a hill 1st. We are flatlanders..)

...definitely not a sentence I'll ever utter. I think.

Famous last words. I didn't have a set route, flipped off a gnarly hill that I usually use for my hill sprints, and promptly forgot about the longer, slower hill immediately to its left. So I earned everything I did to myself.

20 hours ago, raptron said:

Haha, why? I thought dealing with the garage was part of your goal here. 

Seconding raptron here - is cleaning the garage a bad thing? Just because of increased scope?

It's not increased scope, it's the redundancy. I would clean it up, to bring it back down to clean it up again. I hate that kind of redundancy. I'm going to be readdressing this next challenge.

Meditative exercise is definitely a thing!

I do find it much easier to do that for any kind of endurance activity than any lifting session. I can get in the zone, but I'm definitely more aware than I was with my running.

Slack cutting for this week is definitely warranted.

Amen. Let's not do that anymore.

• Like 2