• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lateral Planet

Lateral Planet Runs to the Finish Line

The trend so far this week has been that each day I can either exercise or eat well, but not both. Today I bucked this trend... by doing neither.

I gave in at the cafeteria today and had hot chips and gravy for lunch. I was planning to offset that by doing lots of exercises tonight since Fiancé was going out for dinner and I'd have the house to myself. He was planning to have dinner with a friend, but at the last minute realised the friend was bringing his girlfriend, so I figured I'd better back him up and come too. I managed to pick the one item on the menu that didn't also come with chips, so that was a win. I split dessert with Fiancé, and I also had an apple cider. So altogether that's a fail on all goals today, but whatever. I'll come back at it tomorrow ;)

Better at exercise over the weekend, although I was still not eating super well. There was a massive dust cloud over the city on Saturday but I still made myself go out for a run. That's week 1 of the 5K training app wrapped up! And we just did a walk today but I incorporated some strength training in it too; the puppy got tired so I carried him for the last kilometre or so ;)

Week 3 Recap: It hasn't been an awesome week, between horrible weather preventing running and just way too much sugar, but I did better than last week! 

1) Zombies Run training: 2

This is just an "as much as possible goal" so anything above zero is a win. Plus I was faster at week 1 than I was last year!

2) Do some exercise every day = 5/7

I missed one day because I got busy making a cake, and another because I suddenly had to go out for dinner and failed to plan around it.

3) No liquid calories = 6/7

Had a cider on Friday, mostly as a shortcut to relaxing amongst people I barely know. Not a great idea but it's maybe a once-a-year thing.

4) No deep-fried food = 6/7

I gave in and had chips for lunch on Friday. They weren't even that good!

5) <25g sugar each day = 3/7

Just so much cake, you guys. I'm definitely saving that recipe, but won't be baking it again for a while since it's so bad for me.

Result: I've lost half a kilo, somehow! I guess it wasn't as bad a week as I thought, though it wasn't exactly spectacular. Anyway I'm back to weight goal #1, so that's a nice feeling.

The forecast is clear skies for most of the week and salads for lunch. Let's end on a high note, shall we?

Phew, summer is really getting to me! If I want a run I've got to find the sweet spot where it's cool enough to go outside but not so late in the evening that we starve waiting for dinner afterwards. I only just made it tonight!

I even did a bit of extra running, accidentally. I misjudged the halfway point and ended up a bit further from home than I planned, so I ran a bit more just so I could get home sooner. Plus it's my turn to cook so I had to start the potatoes roasting as soon as I got home, try to ignore how sweaty and gross I was, and then jump in the shower. In future I might try to run when it's Fiancé's turn for dinner! Gotta go now, yummy saltimbocca ain't gonna cook itself!

It was a much cooler evening so puppy and I left Fiancé snoozing on the couch and went for a run. I know I'm supposed to have a rest day in between, but I wanted to have my running days align with Fiancé's cooking days, and I figured it was better to have two days on than two days off to get in sync. I promise I'll rest tomorrow.

Wednesday was kind of mixed. I couldn't make myself finish the cafeteria lunch (how did they manage to cook the squid perfectly but mess up on vegetables??) So I cracked into the emergency rations: the small bag of Kettle chips I've been keeping in the top drawer. Not great for me but better than starvation. I made sure to have a big salad with dinner. And we went for a walk, so that was some nice light exercise.

Today I was in a bit of a mood (for no real reason I don't think, just one of those days), but I've had a very productive afternoon so that cheered me up. I had to ring a call centre for something, and telephone conversations are really not my forte so I'm proud of myself for that. And I managed to wrap Fiancé's present before he got home, so that was a real win. Been trying to get that done for days!

Also I've been playing around with Habitica this week, and it seems fun. It's a bit like the NF Academy as far as levelling up by ticking off goals, only you set your own goas. I'm not planning to jump ship at all, but it's fun to try something different occasionally :)

So this was me today:

995869983_giphy(2).gif.f6c5a1a0aa0d47048c85647c7465f4b4.gif

It was my last day of work before I get two whole weeks off, and we ran out of things to do before lunchtime. I don't mind a rest, but it was a struggle to fill the afternoon and the chocolate cravings took over, so my sugar limit was as well and truly smashed.

I dunno, I feel like I lost a bit of momentum in the last couple of weeks. Or maybe I'm just miffed because I didn't magically lose five extra kilos with no effort ;) But I've got a lot of spare time coming up to formulate a new approach for success in 2019!

Had a good day today! I braved the mall and got myself some new running tights, a size smaller than the ones I bought this time last year! It wasn't easy though, pretty much all the tights were either size XS or XL, without many options for those of us in between, especially not the really cute styles. But I managed to find two nice pairs so that's me set for a while!

Bit of a dinner fail, though not on my part. I guess they misheard me and I ended up with seafood nasi goreng instead of seafood laksa. Tell you what, it's easy to pace yourself when dinner is slightly too spicy to be comfortable! At least I got some prawns :)

Managed to squeeze in a run as well. There was a rain shower in the afternoon but it didn't last long. So I quickly took the puppy out for a run before it rained more or before the sun warmed things up too much. Plus I got to try out my new tights, very nice! 

Week 4 Recap: Honestly I haven't followed my rules very strictly this challenge, but I'm not beating myself up about it.

1) Zombies Run training: 3

Getting through the 5K training much quicker than last year! By which I mean I've been doing missions more frequently AND I'm heaps faster!

2) Do some exercise every day = 5/7

Not bad, but no strength exercises were done; it was either a walk or a run

3) No liquid calories = 7/7

Easy! It's too hot for tea anyway 

4) No deep-fried food = 7/7

Easy! I brought salad to work for lunch most days

5) <25g sugar each day = 5/7

Better than last week but still not great

Result: I'm back up to 75kg. Slightly above my goal but that's OK. Overall I'd call it a successful year of challenges :D:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tateman said:

Well done. I pretty much bailed on the last few weeks. Hopefully, to see you around next challenge. I plan on getting that running in more :)

Thanks! Yeah I think the holidays and everything took us all by surprise, I know I didn't stick to my rules very strictly in this challenge. But I'll be back to smash the next one, see you there ;)

• Like 1