• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Xena

Xena wraps up 2018

Recommended Posts

I'm feeling pretty happy. Need to clear my mind a little from work, but otherwise things are good. Work is fine too, just always overwhelming if I let it be.

 

Did some yoga in the morning and 30 min on the elliptical after work. Managed to get the right effort on the elliptical this time to keep my heart rate in the low 160s. It just takes a long time to get there. Not sure why it takes my heart rate longer to rise on the cardio machines than it does running. But that doesn't really matter.

 

I wasn't really sure how to work this taper, but my coach put in a a couple cross-training workouts for me, so now I feel more confident.

  • Tomorrow will be some intervals on the elliptical.
  • Wednesday I'm going to do my short running test (2-3 miles easy, stopping and walking if I feel any pain).
  • Thursday is 30 min easy cross-training (and my travel day).
  • Friday depends. If I have no pain Wed, I'll run 2-3 miles Friday. If I have even a little pain Wed, I'll do some other kind of light workout Friday (not sure if I'll have access to any equipment). If I don't have another reasonable option, I'll just stretch and won't worry about it.
  • Saturday is the race!! I'll do as much as my body will let me do. And I'll drink beer after :-)
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xena said:

I'm feeling pretty happy.

I gotta admit, after reading your update, I’m kinda happy now too! I really like your plan for the week. Makes a lot of sense and leaves room for a lot of enjoyment of the entire process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have a solid plan, I really like it.
I hope it all works out in a way that you are happy with it all.

Sent from my phone via Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Xena said:
  • Saturday is the race!! I'll do as much as my body will let me do. And I'll drink beer after :-)

I like this plan. I really do hope everything turns out like you hope but just make sure to listen to your body and get that beer when you need to. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad that your work has calmed down to the usual level of busyness.

 

Sounds like your coach is already making a difference by giving you a program to fit your taper and injury recovery. The plan looks good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 9:14 PM, jstanlick said:

I gotta admit, after reading your update, I’m kinda happy now too! I really like your plan for the week. Makes a lot of sense and leaves room for a lot of enjoyment of the entire process. 

 

Funny, when I first sat down to write, I mostly felt focused on work. But when I zoomed out to the slightly bigger picture, things were looking great!

 

21 hours ago, Morag said:

You have a solid plan, I really like it.
I hope it all works out in a way that you are happy with it all.

 

10 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I like this plan. I really do hope everything turns out like you hope but just make sure to listen to your body and get that beer when you need to. 

 

8 hours ago, Mistr said:

I'm glad that your work has calmed down to the usual level of busyness.

Sounds like your coach is already making a difference by giving you a program to fit your taper and injury recovery. The plan looks good.

 

It's pretty cool. There is no rocket science about anything the coach has told me, but it's reassuring and inspiring to have someone to talk to.

 

Today I did my first ever interval workout on the elliptical. Wow, I don't love the elliptical, but I'm glad I can do something. I'm excited about being able to try a little running tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to my trip! Will be fun and relaxing for sure. Also made plans to go to a really cool holiday dinner with some friends in a couple weeks. It's making me start to feel festive :-)

 

image.png.2ffb7bfe10512feba978b4c73d7ed256.png

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of good going on! I love it when you finally click into the holiday spirit... Sometimes it never happens, and that's just depressing. But when it does, it's almost like being a kid again :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to ghost!! I'm fine, just busy. Race trip was good. Best of all, my injury is completely healed. More later, promise!!!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.