Cry Havoc X: Sweet Child of Chaos

Rurik Harrgath

269d65718707fbca58a535353ef81480.jpg

SHINY & EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE INTRO: 

From [REDACTED], unknown date and era.

This challenge shall also be known as 'or how Rurik learned to stop worrying and took his gigantic mirth back,' because I've been focused for too long on my gigantic melancholies and things around here feel and look too goddamn grim.  As they say, and by they I mean me just this moment, in a room full of the sane, it's the insane man who is truly free... and my freedom means everything to me.

look-at-all-th-emajextic-fucks-chardonne

Plus this challenge will take us up to the release of Aquaman, and Jason Momoa should be an inspiration for us all!

image.png

Starting weight baseline:  220 lbs [Aug 12/18]

CrossFit Skill Metrics:  CrossFit Levels

I DON’T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING"A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐☐☐☐
  • 4 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐☐]

I’M JUST HERE FOR THE VIOLENCE:  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐☐
  • Social activity 1 time/week: 
  • Moment of Frivolity shared (per update): 

OH, AND STOP AND PET THE POKEMON:  A Self-Improvement Junkie.  [+2 WIS]

• Post a daily challenge update 3 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐ 

Ongoing To-Do mini-quests…

• Read:  [In Progress]
  • Play:  [In Progress]   Get a Wii and play the shit out of some Mario Kart.
  • Write:  Thoughts & Ponderings in ColorNote/OneNote app.
  • Build: [In Progress]  Accent Wall
  • Minimalize:  [In Progress]  Return unused trade goods to Home Depot.
  • Other:  [In Progress] Dump run.

CHALLENGE INSPIRATION:

There's no theme in particular here, just #Momoa365 and as much geekery and frivolity as possible. 

Mostly I just want to live this challenge as if I were a Borderlands character (even though I've never played the game).

f66ec48880e7dfc9d2fec7339bb5b0f1.jpg

• Like 16

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

TRACKING AND STUFF

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Following again my friend.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Ruriiiiiik!!  Good to hear from you, and glad to see you around these parts again. :)  Here for both geekery AND frivolity WOOOOOOO

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

13 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

There's no theme in particular here, just #Momoa365 and as much geekery and frivolity as possible. 

Mostly I just want to live this challenge as if I were a Borderlands character (even though I've never played the game).

Regardless of content, which it's good content, even GREAT content, I would follow along my friend! Live it up like Momoa PLAYING Borderlands lol. I'm so excited for the release of the movie!

Image result for aquaman gif

Wolf

• Like 5

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 1 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Knight Radiant/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The First Ideal

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

16 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Y'know, this actually seems like a pretty good way to do things right about now. Might have to give it a try...

(and I might have to finally finish the game... after years of owning it...)

• Like 2

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

iatetheyeti's odyssey: part one || part two

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

TOBNCB.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Challenge Journal:  November 20, 2018.

New challenge time!  Happy belated #MomoaMonday, folks!  Rurik is still alive!  Kind of fallen off the CrossFit bandwagon these past few weeks, less than one class per week lately, but I'm proud to acknowledge I've brought my attendance back up to 5/per lately and have been tracking my nutrition and meals again!  See if we can't turn this trainwreck around a bit.  Also talking to women again in a potential-romantic-entanglement sort of way rather than the usual blatant promiscuousness that has pervaded the year.  Maybe a date will be my social activity goal this week?  Let's not get too excited just yet though.

In other news, The Last Kingdom just released its third season on Netflix and I've been binging since the gym, so that shall be today's "Be Happy" session!  As for a moment of frivolity, I present the following:

RPuY.gif f1c9a8ee1acb477a550222be3c13f809.jpg

I DON’T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING"A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐☐
  • 4 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐☐]

I’M JUST HERE FOR THE VIOLENCE:  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐

• Post a daily challenge update 3 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐ 

9 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Image result for aquaman gif

I just love this gif so hard.

• Like 12

Following! Because only Momoa can destroy buildings and still look like he's in a Vidal Sassoon commercial.

tenor.gif?itemid=9286434

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

My character: Ranger TimovieMan

Active challenges: TimovieMan becomes a Time Lord

Older challenges and threads: TimovieMan on the Road to AwesomeDad™ - Pt. IIIPt. IIPt. I | TimovieMan's Daily Struggles on the Road

Weight loss goal: 35+ kg (80 pounds): 47% completed

Challenge Journal:  November 23, 2018.

Friday night update time (got lazy, saved it until Saturday morning), unexpected because I had a date planned - but Fate is Inexorable.

Week is going strong. Tracking hasn't been perfect, but I'm more or less staying on top of my daily macros.  I'm doing a'ight.

If you haven't heard of The Overheard Press, it was a CrossFit satire page similar in vein to The Onion but seems to have gone defunct recently.  At any rate, I had saved a Pin about an article satirizing a made-up article about an athlete hospitalized due to slipping on his own beard oil...

49c75494ccdd6ea3553753900173e46f.jpg

This bro is both #GoalsAF and probably the most relatable way to hurt myself I can imagine #AlsoDivaAF

RPuY.gif

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week: 
  • 4 CrossFit classes per week:  ☑☑☑  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week: 

• Post a daily challenge update 3 of 7 days/week:   

On 11/20/2018 at 10:26 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Following in case there are beard updates.

1f11fe814534d619fe144f26847ff9ca.jpg

On 11/21/2018 at 3:08 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

3620019731b14bc6be41981fac41ef4c0b7f5614

ERJN.gif

This more or less my life.

On 11/21/2018 at 10:08 AM, TimovieMan said:

Following! Because only Momoa can destroy buildings and still look like he's in a Vidal Sassoon commercial.

I like to think I'd do okay in a hair commercial too.  ;)

giphy.gif

Maybe he's born with it, maybe it's blood and sweat and diesel fuel.

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

FRICK ALL HAIL THE BEARD AND HAIR MASTER

ALL HAIL

(seriously dude hella badass)

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

4 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Fate is Inexorable.

Thanks, you made me learn a new word. :)

4 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I like to think I'd do okay in a hair commercial too.  ;)

Yeah, but can you do it while destroying a building (and making it look easy)? :D

Great casting call to pick Momoa as Aquaman, imo. Making an unpopular comic book character popular is definitely a lot easier if you cast someone with as much natural cool and charisma as Momoa. B)

Brilliant guy to interview as well. He can make statements that would come over as smug by anyone else, and he just makes them sound confident.

Could you already swim well before taking on Aquaman, or did you need to take lessons?

- Dude, I'm from Hawaii. ;)

Do you look good in your Aquaman costume?

I *always* look good. :)

Nice way to slam an interviewer that asks dumb questions. :D

• Like 2

My character: Ranger TimovieMan

Active challenges: TimovieMan becomes a Time Lord

Older challenges and threads: TimovieMan on the Road to AwesomeDad™ - Pt. IIIPt. IIPt. I | TimovieMan's Daily Struggles on the Road

Weight loss goal: 35+ kg (80 pounds): 47% completed

Challenge Journal:  November 25, 2018.

Let's break this weekend down... Saturday morning Oly achieved, then went into the city for a date (social activity ☑), met at a fancy hotel. Dined in the lounge James Bond-style but dressed like in my usual Sons of Anarchy, Vancouver chapter hipster chic attire, stuck to a marginally healthy meal option of pork belly bowl with extra pickled roots (Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ ☑).  Departed after the standard breakfast affair of eggs/bacon/some of the best breakfast potatoes I've ever had and spent the morning/afternoon Treating Yoself for myself, new shoes (cognac leather sneakers which will be getting the rakish Johnny Depp blue laces treatment), a new waffle Henley (cuz I totally needed another Henley shirt...), a Triumph motorcycles t-shirt like I've always wanted, and a bunch of stuff for the house like a living room rug, some wall art, and a shower curtain.  Oh, and candles (session of "Be Happy" dialed up to 11, mfers)!!

If yIt was a pretty solid week all around.  Plus I actually updated 3/7 days! (☑)

RPuY.gif

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week: 
  • 4 CrossFit classes per week:  ☑☑☑  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week: 

• Post a daily challenge update 3 of 7 days/week:   

On 11/24/2018 at 1:25 PM, shaar said:

FRICK ALL HAIL THE BEARD AND HAIR MASTER

ALL HAIL

(seriously dude hella badass)

023f9c9dcbe98457f449d27c768d9c9d.gif

On 11/24/2018 at 1:57 PM, TimovieMan said:

Yeah, but can you do it while destroying a building (and making it look easy)? :D

Brilliant guy to interview as well. He can make statements that would come over as smug by anyone else, and he just makes them sound confident.

I got to fire a rocket-propelled grenade at a C-can city once, does that count?

ba7db287a4789998396bec7c640c9691.gif

On 11/24/2018 at 2:17 PM, Salinger said:

*swoon*

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Way to conquer zero week in celebration of your return!

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Way to conquer zero week in celebration of your return!

tumblr_oberplQHRs1uorz8zo1_500.gif

17 hours ago, Terra said:

:love_heart::love_heart::love_heart:

So very excited to see you back!!!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Stalking Following because even I can't resist Momoa :D 

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Yeah. Ok. Following because Momoa. And beards. Lol. Also this challenge just has all the stoke, and I could use some :)

• Like 2

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.