• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

Cry Havoc X: Sweet Child of Chaos

On 11/20/2018 at 8:59 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I just love this gif so hard.

I knew you would!

Image result for jason momoa wink gif

Also...love the hair gif. You even gave us a little Blue Steele ;) 

Wolf

• Like 4

Challenge Journal:  November 27, 2018.

Kind of enjoying this fresh start on the forums this time around.  It feels invigorating!  For a while it started to feel like a job and I had spread myself too thin, but easing back into things has eliminated that dark cloud over my head and keeps things light and bright so far!  I once read a tumblr comment that compared Jason Momoa to the friendly, lovable golden retriever of the Justice League cast and that's more or less how I'm applying myself to the forums.  Frivolity ☑ !!

In other news yesterday was a very successful, very liberating Self-Care day and that counts for my first sesh of "Be Happy"  for the week.  In an intriguing twist, I matched up with a local specialty baker I'd heard of but never met before on a dating app and the conversation has become wildly entertaining.  I called her 'adorkable' this morning (one of my highest forms of praise) and she loved it.  So, cruise/musical selection swap date tomorrow, see how that goes!

Since I forgot yesterday, here's your #MomoaMondayTuesday inspo for today! 

giphy.gif

RPuY.gif

I DON’T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING"A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐☐☐
  • 4 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐]

I’M JUST HERE FOR THE VIOLENCE:  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐
  • Social activity 1 time/week: 
  • Moment of Frivolity shared (per update): 

OH, AND STOP AND PET THE POKEMON:  A Self-Improvement Junkie.  [+2 WIS]

• Post a daily challenge update 3 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐

Ongoing To-Do mini-quests…

• Read:  [In Progress]  Power through my Kindle samples and decide on (1) book to start.
  • Play:  [In Progress]   Get a Wii and play the shit out of some Mario Kart.
  • Write:  Thoughts & Ponderings in ColorNote/OneNote app.
  • Build: [In Progress]  Accent Wall
  • Minimalize:  [In Progress]  Return unused trade goods to Home Depot.
  • Other:  [In Progress] Dump run.

18 hours ago, RES said:

Stalking Following because even I can't resist Momoa :D 

Momoa-s-hair-jason-momoa-38420682-399-22

16 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

Yeah. Ok. Following because Momoa. And beards. Lol. Also this challenge just has all the stoke, and I could use some :)

13 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I came for Momoa. I'm staying for the rest of the beards. Hot damn.

I've been spending entirely too much time editing .gifs of my own face lately and that reeks of vanity..

So just imagine I'm running my hands through my beard with a musky-scented beard oil that reminds you of Jason Momoa, maybe in Frontier.

3 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Also...love the hair gif. You even gave us a little Blue Steele ;)

Apparently an unintended benefit of dump-statting Charisma lately!  Who knew??

dante-bruno-dantebruno6-im-sort-of-like-

1 hour ago, wovercast said:

You should def play Borderlands. Brick is my spirit animal...

Brick.jpg

56 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Sadly none of the character classes in any of the various Borderlands games speak to me as much as the overall theme elements of the game do, but I could somehow combine McCree from Overwatch and the Hunter from Destiny with a Borderlands Siren, for some kind of super Arcane Gunslinger (basically the Spellslinger from Wild Star), cast him as some kind of (you guessed it) charming rapscallion with a ne'er-do-well attitude abd self-serving heart of gold, you could take all my money.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

In other news yesterday was a very successful, very liberating Self-Care day and that counts for my first sesh of "Be Happy"  for the week.  In an intriguing twist, I matched up with a local specialty baker I'd heard of but never met before on a dating app and the conversation has become wildly entertaining.  I called her 'adorkable' this morning (one of my highest forms of praise) and she loved it.  So, cruise/musical selection swap date tomorrow, see how that goes!

Good luck!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

for some kind of super Arcane Gunslinger (basically the Spellslinger from Wild Star), cast him as some kind of (you guessed it) charming rapscallion with a ne'er-do-well attitude abd self-serving heart of gold, you could take all my money.

I think you mean "gun mage"

latest?cb=20180210023241

latest?cb=20171217180714

latest?cb=20171217180713

Let me know once you've wired all of your money ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Ahh yes this is like perfection - I feel like Maya in Borderlands is pretty close because of all the buffs and debuffs she applies to weapons but then also has straight up magic-yness as well. She's pretty much my spirit animal honestly.  Also the gunslinger in Disgaea is pretty close

10 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Kind of enjoying this fresh start on the forums this time around.  It feels invigorating! 

It shows! So glad to see you back.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Might be a little late to wish you luck, but I hope everything went well for you!

• Like 1

Challenge Journal:  November 28, 2018.

Today's date summary is in the first batch of quotations below.  We're (read: me) cautiously optimistic! 

I don't think it's cheating my challenge rules at all to cross a few boxes off today's list now... Social activity ☑ !!  Frivolity ☑ !!  "Be Happy"   !!

Did Filthy Fifty for today's WOD.  Definitely would not have gone if I had checked the workout app... it was disgusting, but my SOP for not checking ahead of time served me well.  Should be Week #3 of 5+ workouts/week again - I'm back on track!  Finished Last Kingdom and Frontier last night, so I went back to finish up the last 2 seasons of Sons of Anarchy, so...

It would be an understatement to say I'm missing my motorcycle with all this snow lately.

giphy.gif

RPuY.gif

I DON’T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING"A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐☐
  • 4 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐]

I’M JUST HERE FOR THE VIOLENCE:  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week: 

• Post a daily challenge update 3 of 7 days/week:  ☑☑

• Read:  [In Progress]  Power through my Kindle samples and decide on (1) book to start.

On 11/27/2018 at 1:42 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good luck!

On 11/27/2018 at 2:03 PM, Salinger said:

Good luck on the date, lucky lady!!!!!! x

10 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

Might be a little late to wish you luck, but I hope everything went well for you!

We bonded over musical tastes and she only had an hour before her kiddos' hockey practice, so we went for a drive around the city and enjoyed some Starbucks (that'll muck with my macros today, but worth it - white hot chocolate!!)  She was nervous and talked a lot, but my voice cracked a few times in an uncharacteristically telling way too.  Ended up running her half an hour late, made plans for a second date, and ended things with a hug.

Now to plan our second date on Sunday!  Until then, we wait.

23 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

Omg. Momoa and Chris Sharma are buds.

I miss his climbing videos!

23 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

19 hours ago, Raxie said:

Ahh yes this is like perfection - I feel like Maya in Borderlands is pretty close because of all the buffs and debuffs she applies to weapons but then also has straight up magic-yness as well. She's pretty much my spirit animal honestly.  Also the gunslinger in Disgaea is pretty close

Well, yes there is the Gun Mage and the Arcane Marksman D&D class, but Gunslinger vernacular has way more panache.  I just want to shoot magic bullets and teleport and throw void bombs and summon arcane sigils and whatnot.

20 hours ago, rowan said:

I GREET YOU SIR AND ALSO YOUR BEARD

OH HAI ROWAN I MISSED U

18 hours ago, Xena said:

It shows! So glad to see you back.

12 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

X1000!

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, therealkat said:

In the following, I am Michael Scott, and you are Jim Halpert:

tumblr_ober3mh1oO1ux2jboo1_250.gif

• Like 12

47 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

We bonded over musical tastes and she only had an hour before her kiddos' hockey practice, so we went for a drive around the city and enjoyed some Starbucks (that'll muck with my macros today, but worth it - white hot chocolate!!)  She was nervous and talked a lot, but my voice cracked a few times in an uncharacteristically telling way too.  Ended up running her half an hour late, made plans for a second date, and ended things with a hug.

Now to plan our second date on Sunday!  Until then, we wait.

This is adorable and I'm so happy for you. Good luck on the second date as well.

How I picture you on that date:

GiddyAnimatedIndochinahogdeer-small.gif

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

so we went for a drive around the city and enjoyed some Starbucks (that'll muck with my macros today, but worth it - white Hot Chocolate)

giphy.gif

Quoting on my phone is apparently super hard. I can't get rid of the Renner picture, but I don't really care.

But pro tip: Starbucks has Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate at Christmas time which is amazing!

Also, yay for the date!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is adorable and I'm so happy for you. Good luck on the second date as well.

How I picture you on that date:

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Also, yay for the date!

It went especially well because I have this weird self-worth thing with gals I consider "too nice" (which honestly just translates to boring in this case).  I guess I look at myself as such a "well-travelled dirtbag" that I need someone at least partially on my level of edginess before I really see the diamonds in their rough.  Probably met close to a dozen really solid, really nice women in the past year plus but they had no edge to them so I couldn't make an emotional connection (probably why I was pursuing/pursued by mostly taken women for a long while there...)  It was like I was seeking someone who would hurt/reject me like my ex and one of my FWBs did.  Deep down I know I'm just as worthy of any other person as they are of me and I'm really not such a bad person; I think it stems from a need of excitement (not drama), their having a sense of adventure and love of adrenaline equal to mine, and my deeply-seated need to be accepted for some of the bad shit I've done and been through in the past.

Probably more of the latter than anything, actually.

Recently I found a really interesting article that I found both frustrating and enlightening; frustrated because I hate fitting into categories so conveniently and enlightened because I'm finally starting to understand WTF is wrong with the wiring in my cerebral cortex with relation to my love life:  3 Reasons Why You Fall For Emotionally Unavailable Partners

Long story short, emotionally avoidant persons such as me thrive off the attention from the needy, but we're also turned off by it because we're closed off, and yet we can just as easily slip toward the needy end of the spectrum when we encounter a desirable emotionally avoidant person (who dominate the dating world by a significant margin).

Why that information is pertinent to the situation at hand, I was super worried she'd fall into the same 'trap' in my head because she's a local girl, a baker,  and she really comes across as a sweetheart.  No sex talk, no swearing, nadda - which is kind of unusual from online dates in my experience.  And yet fear not, for she dropped an F Bomb shortly into our drive and proceeded to overshare and enlighten me about her shitty childhood and strained relationship with her mother (and didn't recoil when I replied with my father's issues), instantly setting me at ease because that behaviour is routine in my camp haha!  So in a way we have a lot in common personality wise, but not in what strikes me as a troublesome way.  Not getting my hopes up this early but there's reason for cheer and I'll milk it for all I can in the meantime.

But I'll let you go for now.  I'm expecting a phone call any minute now  B)

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I think it stems from a need of excitement (not drama), their having a sense of adventure and love of adrenaline equal to mine, and my deeply-seated need to be accepted for some of the bad shit I've done and been through in the past.

Protip, the first step is to accept yourself before anyone else accepting you will have any kind of long-term positive benefit.

FWIW, I accept you exactly as you are.

• Like 4

PUNCH LONGSTANDING NEGATIVE EMOTIONAL HABITS IN THE NECK! ACQUIRE KISSES! BECOME A ROARING SUN OF SELF-WORTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Wow between Rowan and Tank I'm not sure there's much else to say or another way to say it haha. Glad everything went well! Yay for second dates! And boo ya on the self discovery :)

• Like 4

Challenge Journal:  November 30, 2018.

TFell off the self-care/mental health preservation bandwagon last night, and honestly no good reason for it.  Plenty of reasons to be happy (lower case) but finding myself stuck in the anxiety cycle regardless.  Hasn't been an easy week.  Trying to stay on top of it, glad Baker Lady is still talking to me and just focusing on that positive influence without second-guessing every break in communication.

Still gymed.  Ordered Indian, but didn't overindulge and still tracked.  All things considered I managed it pretty well, minus hiding in my bed a little.

New day.  It's Friday.  Hoping for some glad tidings this weekend to carry me through. 

Digging deep into the vaults of my Pinterest for some feel-good frivolity today!  You're welcome.

c1de27920b83854890ad41a3356bba44.jpg      ac2dbacf616a0dd0f580d73568ef7931.jpg

RPuY.gif

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐
  • 4 CrossFit classes per week:    [Challenge Total:  ☐☐☐]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week: 

• Post a daily challenge update 3 of 7 days/week:  ☑☑

On 11/28/2018 at 9:24 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Protip, the first step is to accept yourself before anyone else accepting you will have any kind of long-term positive benefit.

FWIW, I accept you exactly as you are.

Oh, I've accepted myself for what I am... I've even learned to appreciate my strengths and skills, and I'm learning to love myself.  It's trusting another human being with my vulnerability that is oh so very difficult.

It's hard to put our past baggage down, as well you know.

On 11/28/2018 at 9:53 PM, rowan said:

PUNCH LONGSTANDING NEGATIVE EMOTIONAL HABITS IN THE NECK! ACQUIRE KISSES! BECOME A ROARING SUN OF SELF-WORTH

SHE SAID IT IN CAPSLOCK SO IT CANNOT BE WRONG

On 11/29/2018 at 8:08 AM, Raxie said:

Wow between Rowan and Tank I'm not sure there's much else to say or another way to say it haha. Glad everything went well! Yay for second dates! And boo ya on the self discovery :)

Half-relevant:

673c67352c047db70caa06bd5358fabd.jpg

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

TFell off the self-care/mental health preservation bandwagon last night, and honestly no good reason for it.  Plenty of reasons to be happy (lower case) but finding myself stuck in the anxiety cycle regardless.

I really feel you on that one. Must be something going around. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Plenty of reasons to be happy (lower case) but finding myself stuck in the anxiety cycle regardless.  Hasn't been an easy week.  

29 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

I really feel you on that one. Must be something going around. 

Thirding this, FOR REAL.  Ugh.  Whatever it is better HECK OFF 'cause we deserve to have all the GOOD AWESOME FEELS!  Anxiety you ain't got no place at this table you hear me, good day sir, I SAID GOOD DAY >:[

• Like 3