• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

Cry Havoc X: Sweet Child of Chaos

Holy heck, my dude, that was not a classy move on her part. You deserve a million times better, and your hair is amazing. Adding my echo to Mr. Tank's wisdom, and I hope that today is a good day :courage:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Legit would have thought I'd be a better prospect for her because I don't have kids and would therefore be more available - she wouldn't have to share me when she does have free time!

As a previously single mom who dated men with kids and men without, I'm going to weigh in here. More for future reference than anything to do with this specific scenario. Personally, when I was dating, it wasn't about "sharing" free time, because I didn't consider time I spent with my kids to really be free time. So it was more about schedules being able to line up (since I was definitely against my kids meeting a respective partner until it was agreed upon serious). Depending on your personal schedule, this may or may not have been true in this scenario and may or may not be true in a future scenario.

The big tipping point is generally more around perception. If you have children, there is a perception that dating someone who has their own children will generally make them more accepting of yours. Now, that may or may not be true, but it's kind of a barrier regardless. So there is kind of a fine line between coming on too strong about the kid thing and not making yourself seem open enough to the idea (if that makes sense). 

FWIW, before I got married, one of my longest relationships was with a guy who didn't have kids and didn't want kids of his own. He was really good at letting me set the pace that he was introduced to my kids, asked about them in our conversations, and - when he finally met them - made sure to make them feel included (we had special dates that they were included in). 

14 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

047fa5143b1b0df40c41f1194fab575d.jpg

tenor.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

She was more concerned with what you thought of her than how you were feeling. She repeated more than once "I hope you don't hate me." She cares more about your perception of her than she does about you.

Oh dang, this, this here. This is a thing. And very true...

Rurik you are ridiculously handsome aside from being a literal survivor of life, stay true to your course and what you're seeking will totally fall into your path.

(Sorry for the lack of caps lock but sometimes it's not super apropos yanno)

• Like 3

On 12/4/2018 at 9:31 AM, therealkat said:

Can I just say that everything Tank said about that potential lady friend is 100% true. 

Just going to 'ditto' this one, along with everyone else...you can do so much better...

On 12/4/2018 at 11:42 AM, Sylvaa said:

tenor.gif

Ditto this reaction too...(damn dude, if only I was younger.... :lol: )

• Like 3

On 12/3/2018 at 8:12 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

(love Prince Harry)

Your love for me makes sense now.... Huh. 

Where I can't say something that's not already been said about the message you got, I will reiterate that you are young, healthy, strong, charismatic, smart, and have TONS to offer the opposite sex. Nothing forced would ever work out in the long run, so, for better terms, "good ridden's, chika!" 

I wish we could go see Aquaman together man...it would be a rad bro date! We could both wear leather jackets, too! But I have a feeling we'll have a lengthy discussion of the movie soon :). Cheers, brother! Keep your wits and head about you and kick ass today.

Image result for jason momoa fighting gif

Wolf

• Like 4

Rurik I need you to know that I'm now getting AQUAMAN ads on Instagram and I have NEVER ever searched Aquaman ever before EVER and I just don't know how the internet machine works but Momoa is spreading and it's not a terrible thing.

That is all...

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Challenge Journal:  December 7, 2018.

Dusted myself off and carried on with the week.  Had another date (Social activity ☑), nothing remarkable, and thus the journey continues.

More importantly we're getting closer to Aquaman's release date!  Bit of an aborted excitement today, I found a cam version of the movie but it was utterly terrible and therefore not worth it, and so I'll wait for theater release.  The Momoa hype is real lately!  Jason is on SNL this weekend.  B)Frivolity  and Be Happy dialed up to 11

I DON’T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING"A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON] 

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐
  • 4 CrossFit classes per week:  ☑☑☑  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐]

I’M JUST HERE FOR THE VIOLENCE:  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐☐
  • Social activity 1 time/week: 
  • Moment of Frivolity shared (per update): 

OH, AND STOP AND PET THE POKEMON:  A Self-Improvement Junkie.  [+2 WIS]

• Post a daily challenge update 3 of 7 days/week: 

Ongoing To-Do mini-quests…

• Read:  [In Progress]  Power through my Kindle samples and decide on (1) book to start.
  • Play:  [In Progress]   Get a Wii and play the shit out of some Mario Kart.
  • Write:  Thoughts & Ponderings in ColorNote/OneNote app.
  • Build: [In Progress]  Accent Wall
  • Minimalize:  [In Progress]  Return unused trade goods to Home Depot.
  • Other:  [In Progress] Dump run.

On 12/4/2018 at 2:23 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Pretty late to the party, but I'll echo what everyone else has said, especially Raxie and Tank. Sounds like that lady was more worried about the practical stuff (being with someone that has been through the divorce/kids experience) than being with someone awesome. Let them hook up and re-build a family for their kids, that's not what you set out to do in the first place.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:56 AM, rowan said:

Holy heck, my dude, that was not a classy move on her part. You deserve a million times better, and your hair is amazing. Adding my echo to Mr. Tank's wisdom, and I hope that today is a good day :courage:

On 12/6/2018 at 2:07 AM, Salinger said:

How are you doing? xx

The week has definitely mended itself and the hurt feels are mostly passed.  Thank you all for the kind words, much love!

I have another prospect or two on the horizon so all is not lost.  MOST IMPORTANTLY I so do not need another person to shop for by Christmas.

So holiday singledom has its own certain romantic appeal.  ;)

On 12/4/2018 at 3:24 AM, Salinger said:

Again... *swoon* xx

On 12/4/2018 at 8:31 AM, therealkat said:

Chaotic Good Hair is epic.

On 12/4/2018 at 10:05 AM, Terra said:

You hair game is on point! (wow!)

On 12/5/2018 at 8:48 PM, RES said:

Ditto this reaction too...(damn dude, if only I was younger.... :lol: )

On 12/4/2018 at 2:34 PM, shaar said:

Rurik you are ridiculously handsome aside from being a literal survivor of life, stay true to your course and what you're seeking will totally fall into your path.

giphy.gif

Damn, ladies... y'all are bad for my ego.  I would be blushing like mad if it weren't for this emotionally protective facial scruff.  ;)

*shy gulp*

original.gif

On 12/4/2018 at 10:42 AM, Sylvaa said:

As a previously single mom who dated men with kids and men without, I'm going to weigh in here...

Yours is a perspective I'm making my peace with, and one I'll have to keep in mind because by far the majority of available women in my age group (even expanded for absurd limits, for that matter) are single mothers and the kiddo baggage is one I'll need to manage in all likelihood.  Definitely making the "fine line between coming on too strong about the kid thing and not making yourself seem open enough to the idea" point extra to heart too!

Part of me wonders now if my likely inability to produce offspring coupled with a lack of wish to do so anyways is a bit of a turnoff.  Regardless I'll keep that card closer to my chest until necessary to introduce it to the game.  Thank you for the insight!

On 12/6/2018 at 9:27 AM, Wolfpool said:

I wish we could go see Aquaman together man...it would be a rad bro date! We could both wear leather jackets, too! But I have a feeling we'll have a lengthy discussion of the movie soon :). Cheers, brother! Keep your wits and head about you and kick ass today.

Allow me to reuse my earlier JM video to summarize my enthusiasm for that hypothetical scenario...

On 12/6/2018 at 2:54 PM, shaar said:

Rurik I need you to know that I'm now getting AQUAMAN ads on Instagram and I have NEVER ever searched Aquaman ever before EVER and I just don't know how the internet machine works but Momoa is spreading and it's not a terrible thing.

That, my dear, is the power of #Momoa365.

tumblr_o5bkd7mlYL1vpsgtho3_250.gif

89e6ba3f5068debbfa9d64f250574bd0.gif

• Like 12

I thought of you, just before Thanksgiving, when the news here in Tempe had a spot on a venue where people were sampling craft beers and...wait for it....throwing axes!!!!!

KNXV%20Lumberjaxes%20B_1517422446238.jpg

https://axethrowingphx.com/

And now, catching up on your thread I see the video of Momoa throwing the axe and drinking beer. Sometimes the Universe is just plain weird and perfect. 

In honor of challenges past, present and future...

1de952f397d1bfaee5ad2339b44aeffe.jpg

751d487c318058ec755df9dbe0d8218f.jpg

• Like 8

When someone at a party last weekend asked when Aquaman came out, I must have answered too quickly.  I was teased for the remainder of the evening...  Don't care!!!  

• Like 4

Challenge Journal:  December 10, 2018.

Nothing much to comment on.  It was a Monday.

But I watched Jason Momoa on SNL (Be Happy ☑), so it truly was a #MomoaMonday (Frivolity ☑)!!

I DON’T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING"A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON] 

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐☐☐
  • 4 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐]

I’M JUST HERE FOR THE VIOLENCE:  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐

• Read:  [In Progress]  Power through my Kindle samples and decide on (1) book to start.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:15 PM, ShadowLion said:

I thought of you, just before Thanksgiving, when the news here in Tempe had a spot on a venue where people were sampling craft beers and...wait for it....throwing axes!!!!!

And now, catching up on your thread I see the video of Momoa throwing the axe and drinking beer. Sometimes the Universe is just plain weird and perfect.

Did somebody mention THROWING AXES????

Yeah I've maybe been once or twice!!

On 12/8/2018 at 10:39 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I had a funny, but it came out too much like a ‘your mom’ joke, but I still want to post this.

The really funny thing is I'll likely be going to see it with my own mother hahaha

On 12/9/2018 at 8:21 PM, Terra said:

When someone at a party last weekend asked when Aquaman came out, I must have answered too quickly.  I was teased for the remainder of the evening...  Don't care!!! 

I'm widely acknowledged as a Jason Momoa fanboy even among my friends and coworkers.

Someone even called him my spirit animal today, which is my own preferred nomenclature for the situation.

11 hours ago, shaar said:

Something compels me to drop this here..

I watched the whole SNL episode before work this morning and I'm not even an SNL fan at all.  He made it worth my time though!

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c0f4a0f6d2f447877

• Like 9

In other news early ticket access for Aquaman must have started this week because I checked my local theater for showtimes and could select my seats.

So I booked two tickets and got my favorite seating in the theater.  smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes_1f60

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

In other news early ticket access for Aquaman must have started this week because I checked my local theater for showtimes and could select my seats.

So I booked two tickets and got my favorite seating in the theater.  smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes_1f60

Oh yeahhhhhh

giphy.gif

• Like 3

On 12/3/2018 at 9:12 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I picked myself up, dusted myself off, and continued in true #MomoaMonday fashion:  went and did my workout without a headband so my hair was everywhere, deadlifted 335# for a million reps, and met up with a friend afterward for some ego repair.

Selfie for Chaotic Good hair proof:

047fa5143b1b0df40c41f1194fab575d.jpg

Meow! 

• Like 2

Challenge Journal:  December 12, 2018.

Happy Hump Day! We've made it to Wednesday, halfway through the week and more than halfway through this challenge!  In one week and a day, some of us will be taking our seats in theaters across the world for the theatrical debut of Aquaman, and in two weeks we'll be on the leeward slope of the Christmas holiday. 

Keep up however much momentum you've gathered and let's keep steamrolling through the last few weeks of our 2018 goals!  Make the last 3 weeks of the year the plot twist your life has been waiting for.

f1c9a8ee1acb477a550222be3c13f809.jpg

Like I said... #goals!

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐☐☐☐
  • 4 CrossFit classes per week:  ☐☐  [Challenge Total:  ☐☐]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐

6 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Good to see you are frequenting here more Rurik!

And thanks for stopping by, Chief of General Menace!  :D

• Like 8