Cry Havoc X: Sweet Child of Chaos

Challenge Journal:  December 19, 2018.

One more sleep until Aquaman!

Went on a date tonight, the quintessentially Canadian skating date followed by warm beverages at the local coffee boutique (social activity ☑).  She's a coach at the other CrossFit gym, a few years older than me, but we had a really good time.  Plan is to re-up on Saturday!

Frivolity below.

Among the Viking blogs and pages I follow there seems to be a predeliction for folks identifying with wolves and ravens and bears.  Those never spoke to me (although I do have a raven on my arm symbolizing Freedom and Darkness)  That said, I have always identified with felines more than canines, and if Jason Momoa is my spirit human, Mr Murderbritches is surely my spirit animal.

I DON’T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING"A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON] 

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐
  • 4 CrossFit classes per week:    [Challenge Total:  ]

I’M JUST HERE FOR THE VIOLENCE:  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week:  ☐☐
  • Social activity 1 time/week: 
  • Moment of Frivolity shared (per update): 

OH, AND STOP AND PET THE POKEMON:  A Self-Improvement Junkie.  [+2 WIS]

• Post a daily challenge update 3 of 7 days/week: 

Ongoing To-Do mini-quests…

• ☑  Read:  [COMPLETE]  Power through my Kindle samples and decide on (1) book to start.
  • Read:  [In ProgressKings of the Wyld, Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braid,You Are A Badass, Remember your N.U.T.S.
  • Play:  [In Progress]   Get a Wii and play the shit out of some Mario Kart.
  • Write:  Thoughts & Ponderings in ColorNote/OneNote app.
  • Build: [In Progress]  Accent Wall
  • Minimalize:  [COMPLETE]  Return unused trade goods to Home Depot.
  • Other:  [In Progress] Dump run.

On 12/18/2018 at 10:39 AM, Wolfpool said:

It's a great book! My dad and I both read it :). The Land is also amazing. It's a LitRPG and there's 7 books in the series. Not that you need more distractions, lol

I won't purchase anything until after Christmas but that one is at the top of my list.

Also Jason should have obliterated Jimmy in that trident throwing business!

On 12/18/2018 at 2:19 PM, Raxie said:

So glad that you're not only back here more regularly, but that you're feeling the effects of the rebellion's warm & fuzzies :D

Quite.  It's damn good to be back and I missed the feeling (and my people!) around here so much.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:46 PM, DaemonCorax said:

That clip was awesome. They're both such good sports.

I want some shirts cut like Momoa's for the next 4 months! lol.

Those weird hipster cut muscle shirts he wears all the time?

I would be lying if I wasn't in complete agreement.  ;)

I also want burgundy dress pants and a patchwork velvet blazer now, inspired by the same fashion icon!  Still wear my wallet chain everywhere I go too.  IRL Momoa cosplay is a thing in this household haha

I'll never not post this video given the opportunity to do so!

• Like 5

Omg Mr. Murderbritches is everything lmao

Skating sounds fun! Now you have me wondering what be considered a quintessential NYC date (complaining about the subways while drinking overpriced alcohol? or is that just my regular Saturday? XD)

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Skating sounds fun! Now you have me wondering what be considered a quintessential NYC date (complaining about the subways and overpriced alcohol? or is that just my regular Saturday? XD)

I'm wondering this same thing about my area! It probably involves cow tipping or drinking in a corn field. 

Also, officially naming my next cat Mr (or Mrs.) Murderbritches. My current two aren't feisty enough for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I'd say that hubby and I went on a quintessential date on Sunday: trip to the hipster town to buy chocolate at the fair trade local chocolate store followed by desert and hot cocoa at  hipster vegan bakery/ coffee  shop

Do you live in Portland?

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Those weird hipster cut muscle shirts he wears all the time?

I would be lying if I wasn't in complete agreement.  ;)

Yep those. Preggo belly covering, but highlights the fact that I still have arms. It's actually been kinda funny - in the land of harmful googling, when I look at pictures of pregnant celebs and supermodels, the first thing that jumps out at me is that their arms are probably 4" around smaller than mine. Lol.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Seattle, (well more small town suburb of Seattle):smile-new: 

Hahah I was kind of closeish but not really! I feel like this could be a fun game - describe a stereotypical date of your city and others try to guess the city XD

• Like 4

Challenge Journal:  A most auspicious and legendary of days... the premiere of Aquaman!  (December 20, 2018)

Wow.  Go see this movie ASAP.  They injected so much of Jason Momoa's personality into the character and movie as a whole, it was the epic grandeur, CGI, and brightly uplifting illumination of Avatar, and looks utterly amazing in 3D (and I usually hate 3D).  Even his Aquaman orange/green throwback armor at the end, which I feared would be corny AF, truly delivered.

tumblr_pg4xo5KJbe1wonjtqo4_500.gif

What a show.  I can't wait to see it again!  So many Be Happy moments crammed into 2.5 hours!

I DON’T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING"A delicate balancing act of fuel and activity."  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON] 

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week:  ☐☐

I’M JUST HERE FOR THE VIOLENCE:  "Dump Stat my Charisma until I’m an Extrovert.”  [+5 CHA]

• Partake of 3 sessions of “Be Happy” per week: 

• ☑  Read:  [COMPLETE]  Power through my Kindle samples and decide on (1) book to start.
  • Read:  [In ProgressKings of the Wyld, Thief Who Pulled on Trouble's Braid,You Are A Badass, Remember your N.U.T.S.
  • Play:  [In Progress]   Get a Wii and play the shit out of some Mario Kart.
  • Build: [In Progress]  Accent Wall
  • Other:  [In Progress] Dump run.

Bonus Holiday Break mini-quests

• Merry Squatmas:  100 Squats at 215# (pending reweigh on bodyweight)
  • Merry Deadliftmas:  100 Deadlifts at 215#

18 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hope you are doing well!!! :) xx

I am doing quite well today, thank you!

16 hours ago, Raxie said:

Omg Mr. Murderbritches is everything lmao

Skating sounds fun! Now you have me wondering what be considered a quintessential NYC date (complaining about the subways while drinking overpriced alcohol? or is that just my regular Saturday? XD)

Mr Murderbritches screams NEVER SAY DIE

Your quintessential date is basically my view of NYC.  That or like weird delicatessen pizza in Williamsburg surrounded by weirdos with beards, but not beardos.

15 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I'm wondering this same thing about my area! It probably involves cow tipping or drinking in a corn field. 

Also, officially naming my next cat Mr (or Mrs.) Murderbritches. My current two aren't feisty enough for that.

You must be from the Midwest lol

I think everyone needs a Murderbritches kitty in their life!

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Congrats on the skate date!

Thank you, sir!  I'm excited for Saturday.  Today marked a significant paradigm shift in our texting patterns too; she was much flirtier and outgoing now that we've met.

This could get interesting.

11 hours ago, shaar said:

I LOVE MISTER MURDERBRITCHES

I don't think I've ever retweeted something faster than when that flew across my dash a few days ago.  YOU GO GET 'EM KITTYFACE

Nothing has ever deserved to be retweeted so quickly, ever.

Except maybe the Aquaman trailer.  ;)

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I'd say that hubby and I went on a quintessential date on Sunday: trip to the hipster town to buy chocolate at the fair trade local chocolate store followed by desert and hot cocoa at  hipster vegan bakery/ coffee  shop

I want to visit Seattle so badly.  Might have to settle on Vancouver for now.  Roadtrip next year?  I think so!

11 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

Yep those. Preggo belly covering, but highlights the fact that I still have arms. It's actually been kinda funny - in the land of harmful googling, when I look at pictures of pregnant celebs and supermodels, the first thing that jumps out at me is that their arms are probably 4" around smaller than mine. Lol.

They're a flattering cut for most folks.  Own your arm gains!

10 hours ago, Raxie said:

I feel like this could be a fun game - describe a stereotypical date of your city and others try to guess the city XD

This has already taken off in a mini sort of fun way and I'm loving that it's in my challenge lol

8 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Thought of you when I saw this ;)

Guy Who Talks To Fish lived up to expectations.  WOWOW!

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Thank you, sir!  I'm excited for Saturday.  Today marked a significant paradigm shift in our texting patterns too; she was much flirtier and outgoing now that we've met.

This could get interesting.

ImperturbableDigitalGraysquirrel-size_re

It's very wonderful how excited you are in regards to prospects. 

9 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

You must be from the Midwest lol

I'm from the Midwest of the East Coast! You could also drive 45 minutes to eat chocolate and ride roller coasters.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I think everyone needs a Murderbritches kitty in their life!

We recently had a Mr. Murderbritches in our yard.  Rolling in the sun, looking cute.  Easy to forget the murder part......

• Like 2

Challenge Journal:  A most auspicious and legendary of days... the premiere of Aquaman!  (December 20, 2018)

TGIF.  A quiet night at home is just what this vessel called for (although I'm presently waiting to be picked up to help an old gym friend move a fridge).  After, starting Tidelands on Netflix because I'm not quite done with underwater adventures for this week.  Simultaneously brainstorming challenge goals for 2019: The Year of the Rogue.

Also, this:

48373890_1170459276449472_91993360040019

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week: 

• Play:  [ON HOLD]   Get a Wii and play the shit out of some Mario Kart.
  • Build: [ON HOLD]  Accent Wall
  • Other:  [ON HOLD] Dump run.

12 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

It's very wonderful how excited you are in regards to prospects. 

I'm from the Midwest of the East Coast! You could also drive 45 minutes to eat chocolate and ride roller coasters.

Cautiously excited haha - but a pleasant change of pace from my usual rotten fortune in romance!

Since most of Canada is so close to the border it's occasionally hard to process how truly sprawling the US' demographics truly are.

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm so glad things are going well with Ms. SkateDate. Just let them develop naturally, don't try and go too fast.

No rush here.  Just relaxing at letting things happen.  Tomorrow should be telling!

5 hours ago, Rinna said:

We recently had a Mr. Murderbritches in our yard.  Rolling in the sun, looking cute.  Easy to forget the murder part......

I firmly believe all kitties have a little Murderbritches in them.

• Like 5

I think a typical date in my city would involve some sort of overpriced gringo tacos and then ironic swing dancing

When I lived in north Florida it would have been some form of corn-based liquor and shooting at a road sign

Mr. Murderbritches RULES

• Like 3
11 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I think a typical date in my city would involve some sort of overpriced gringo tacos and then ironic swing dancing

When I lived in north Florida it would have been some form of corn-based liquor and shooting at a road sign

Mr. Murderbritches RULES

I'm wondering what part of North Florida you lived in now?

My part of North FL would probably involved dinner at Safe Harbor...with a IPA from Intuition thrown in for good measure, and a walk on the beach, bonus points if you head to St Augustine to do that 

• Like 1

Challenge Journal:  Offical Challenge wrap-up  (December 24, 2018)

Happy holidays!

I had Christmas out at my family's last night, got myself an Instant Pot and a new drill and the World of Warcraft cookbook (stay tuned for recipes next challenge!), and Joanna Gaines' Home Body book and a few other assorted knickknacks.  Still mostly ate well.  Then rushed back to the city for a little Yuletide sleepover with Miss SkateDate.  ;)

Also, this:

Completed the Merry Squatmas/Deadliftmas mini quest as promised.  It felt like a Valhalla-worthy boast at the time and I'm endlessly proud of myself to have conquered that challenge.  It wasn't pleasant (it downright sucked) and my legs are obliterated today, but I really feel like I'm earning that confidence in my abilities again!

So I think we can call this challenge a success.  What a rush!  So happy to have stuck thing out and have found my Nerd Fitness groove again.  Overall I would give myself an A- because I mostly stuck to my Nutritional Alchemy™ quest and made all of my CrossFit class goals, but my To Do list wasn't perfect and I fell off the meal tracking bandwagon toward the last couple of weeks.   Now I have ideas to fix that for 2019's opener and I can't wait to get through the holidays and really hit the ground running next year!

See y'all on the other side!

• The Mindful Art of Nutritional Alchemy™ 6 of 7 days/week: 

• Play:  [ON HOLD]   Get a Wii and play the shit out of some Mario Kart.
  • Build: [ON HOLD]  Accent Wall
  • Other:  [ON HOLD] Dump run.

• Like 4
On 12/24/2018 at 12:32 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

the World of Warcraft cookbook (stay tuned for recipes next challenge!),

I know you've started a new thread, but I'm commenting on this.

My son got this last year for Christmas and we LOVE it! We've made a bunch of things out of it with (mostly) success. The Zangalar Caps are one of our favorites.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I know you've started a new thread, but I'm commenting on this.

My son got this last year for Christmas and we LOVE it! We've made a bunch of things out of it with (mostly) success. The Zangalar Caps are one of our favorites.

OMG that is so exciting to hear.  Can't wait to recreate some favorites I've used (in game) over the years!  Plus the visuals in the book are utterly stunning!  I honestly think they 1-upped even the Game of Thrones Cookbook:D

• Like 1