Arbeiterunfallversicherungsgesetz

Kraftfahrzeughaftpflichtversicherung

Grundstücksverkehrsgenehmigungszuständigkeitsübertragungsverordnung  :D:D:D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Kuikenversnipperaarvertegenwoordigersdeclaratieformulierenbakje

I just can't translate this to german :D

Kükenschreddervertreterdeklarationsformularkasten? (not sure about the "vertreter" in it)

(And not sure if Grundstücksverkehrsgenehmigungszuständigkeitsübertragungsverordnung  makes any sense when translated to dutch -> Onroerend goed Transactie Vergunningvergunning Bevoegdheid Overdrachtsverordening)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arkania said:

I just can't translate this to german :D

Kükenschreddervertreterdeklarationsformularkasten? (not sure about the "vertreter" in it)

(And not sure if Grundstücksverkehrsgenehmigungszuständigkeitsübertragungsverordnung  makes any sense when translated to dutch -> Onroerend goed Transactie Vergunningvergunning Bevoegdheid Overdrachtsverordening)

Fach instead of Kasten, but otherwise the translation seems pretty correct.

I was actually quoting Dutch comedian Youp Van't Hek with that word. :P

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arkania said:

You know Otto Waalkes? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQUsJT4n-HQ

(Was) very famous in Germany :D

I think I've seen his face before. Haven't heard any of his work, but my German isn't really good enough to get most of the jokes.

The church bit had me in stitches, though. "Jener Theo, der in so wunderbaren Worten vorkommt wie Theologie, Theodorant, The oder Kaffee." :D

The only German comedian I really know is Henning Wehn.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Kuikenversnipperaarvertegenwoordigersdeclaratieformulierenbakje

Poor chick :D

This reminds me of this song. 

37 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

Youp Van't Hek

I don't really like him. Herman Finkers is so much better ;) We've got a tile with one of his sayings on it on the wall:

"niets zo charmant 

Als een spreuk aan de wand" 

(nothing as charming as a saying on the wall) 

And sorry ensi, for taking over your thread ((hug)) 

15 minutes ago, Terah said:

Poor chick :D

This reminds me of this song. 

Gaah, not that song!

15 minutes ago, Terah said:

I don't really like him. Herman Finkers is so much better ;)

Finkers is great. And he speaks überhaupt only one word of German. :D

• Haha 1

tumblr_inline_p8tb7taB551u866o0_500.gif

^ the face of a woman who's been pushing herself creatively for the past few days and arrives to her venting space, only to find out it's been taken over by some very long German and Dutch words (That sounds like a beginning of a linguistic fairy tale... I actually might want to draw that...)

:DDD I  I think I'm missing out on a lot of things by not studying German or Dutch! But we do put nouns together to form new words, too :) Lentokonesuihkuturbiinimoottoriapumekaanikkoaliupseerioppilas is probably one of the longest words in Finnish. But we don't use that, like, ever :D Tank, those redneck videos were hilarious!

So yeah, I've been very much in the Dimension of IRL, working on the gaming project's graphics...! The final presentation is tomorrow, and I'm starting to be happy with the work I've produced :) I came up with a new character yesterday, and got so inspired that I worked on it all day to get it ready in time. I did take a couple of breaks to for have lunch with my brother, and took a walk later on, and I worked out in the evening. I started by just doing some yoga, but then I started to warm up and did some kettlebell rows and squats. Then I danced a bit :D I just tried to get some movement, because I'm spending a lot of time by the computer. I might need to make a stand for the laptop that I could place on my table, and so I could work while standing... I must say that I'm happy with these studies: it's been a lot of work, but most of the studies feels meaningful and rewarding. I skimmed an art book at the library a couple of days ago and realized that I could never get bored of making art. It's a huge part of me, and whenever I've felt like a disaster, I've always been able to go back to making art. It's true love, OK?? :D

As for intuitive eating, I've managed to start listening to my body better again. I actually got genuinely hungry before dinner: I had proper hunger cues, and I was restless and unable to focus. I had dinner, and since I felt a bit hungry afterwards (and I had eaten less than usually by that time of day), I still had some sweet potato with turkey cold cuts. I'll continue like this :)

Now I can see that the weather looks really nice, so I'm gonna go for a morning walk before I start fine-tuning the graphics. Have a lovely Wednesday, everyone!

• Like 8

The game project is over! We presented our final game today to our teachers and the other course participants, and we got some really good feedback :) I realized that I had been way too concerned about producing good material (I woke up at 4 AM and started to feel really terrified about the presentation)... The teacher that evaluated graphics just told me, "nice graphics!" and gave me a bit of feedback, which I agreed with. He had a lot more criticism to other groups's graphics, so I realized that I had done a pretty good job (the others weren't bad, but I had put in more time to the graphics than them). So, now I'm moving towards new projects, and I'm really happy with how much I learned during this course. Hurah!

As for IE, it's going better than in a long time. The brain bug that made me eat too much has been removed: I'm just paying more attention to check myself before eating just because I think I should, and I don't feel as stuffed anymore. I've also went on walks, and I'm getting back in motion after the flu. Yay!

I just took a nap, and I'm gonna go to the library and study there, because Kyle is there today :P He was working at the grocery store yesterday, and he followed me around during my shopping trip - which would have been nice, but it doesn't look too good when a security guard is following you around :'D He also said he's gonna put in his log, "followed a suspicious female customer". My little pirate heart liked this! I also visited a shopping mall and used some of my tax refunds to get some nice items for myself (makeup, bath shower sponge, fancy hand soap...). It felt nice to treat myself!

tumblr_osst59akCg1qfcx4to2_500.gif

Have yo' selves a nice Thursday, everyone!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ensi said:

I just took a nap, and I'm gonna go to the library and study there, because Kyle is there today :P He was working at the grocery store yesterday, and he followed me around during my shopping trip - which would have been nice, but it doesn't look too good when a security guard is following you around :'D He also said he's gonna put in his log, "followed a suspicious female customer". My little pirate heart liked this! I also visited a shopping mall and used some of my tax refunds to get some nice items for myself (makeup, bath shower sponge, fancy hand soap...). It felt nice to treat myself!

Yarr matey, the grocery stores be fearin yer mighty self.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yarr matey, the grocery stores be fearin yer mighty self.

3 hours ago, Terah said:

This love story is sooo cute <3 

So, he told me yesterday that he was going to spend Christmas in Texas, because his sister lives there. I didn't hear who he said he's travelling with, and I suddenly thought, "what if he travels there with his girlfriend?" And then I was somewhat paranoid that I had read him all wrong, like my previous crushes. But I also had a strong feeling that this was not the case and that my mind was just making it up. So, I bought a Christmas card for him, and decided that I'll go to the library today and ask him again, who he's travelling with. If not with a girlfriend, I would give him my number, otherwise I'd just... well, deal with it. I went to the library and went to study in my regular spot. Luckily, there were no other people around, so I just started going through some math problems (oh god I'm rusty with them) and waited. He saw me while on his tour, and came to talk with me.

OK long story short: he's travelling with the sister, I gave him my number (I was basically stuttering trying to ask him if he wanted the number, and he just encouraged me to say what I was going to say, and so I did), and we're chatting now. He said he's been wanting to ask my number, but he's been afraid he's too old for me... to which my older-men-loving-self was like:

tenor.gif?itemid=5113810

(He's 35. yaaaaaas)

At the same time, I'm really happy, but I also realize that I will have a lot of emotional baggage to work with. I've already told him that I might get scared every now and then, so that he can expect it, and he said that it's OK, he doesn't get scared easily. I feel good and safe with him, and we're just gonna get to know each other better now and see how it goes :)

What a day! I took a nap after the game presentation, and I feel OK. A bit worn out, but OK :D It'll be a nice day tomorrow with one seminar and a math lecture, and then I'm gonna have lunch with a couple of friends. Have a good night, y'all :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ensi said:

I feel good and safe with him, 

I get butterflies just reading this <3 

9 minutes ago, Ensi said:

He's 35. yaaaaaas

That's not that old, right? I mean I'll be that age in 13 months... 

How old were you again? 

9 minutes ago, Terah said:

I get butterflies just reading this <3 

I have butterflies, but also some basic stomach pain because this is new and exciting to me :DD

9 minutes ago, Terah said:

That's not that old, right? I mean I'll be that age in 13 months... 

How old were you again? 

I'm 27! But he was like, "you're like... 20...? You look 20?" and had that been the case, I would definitely have thought twice... But as I am, I don't think 35 is old. My plan was actually to wait until I was over 30 myself until I started even thinking about dating again, because I just like older and calmer people in general :D So, you're not old, you're what I aspire to be.... Just a few years and I'll get there :DD

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ensi said:

You look 20

That's a compliment. I think :p

55 minutes ago, Ensi said:

you're what I aspire to be

Which is old. Yeah, I get it ;)

On 12/13/2018 at 11:45 PM, Terah said:

That's a compliment. I think :p

I think he was just preparing for the worst, because he was so concerned about being too old...! (He took a forever between "thirty" and "five". Like, "I'm thirty... ... .... fffffffive" and I rarely see anyone looking so terrified of their own age :DD) But I take it as a compliment :P They don't ask my papers in liquor stores, though.........

On 12/13/2018 at 11:45 PM, Terah said:

Which is old. Yeah, I get it ;)

With hard work and dedication, I'll get there!

On 12/13/2018 at 11:56 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I was that age two and a half years ago.

AoN1EFC.gif

37 isn't old ;)

I've been missing in action, because the Dimension of IRL has been busy! Which is a good thing, but just a few bullet points for ye lovely people:

• IE is going fine
  • my nerves have been tested this week and I'm a bit tense and worn out. I'm gonna spend the day at home and relax, do yoga, and drink tea
  • I still have to do some studies today, but I hope to get as much done by tomorrow as possible
  • I'm leaving to Winterfell tomorrow
  • I'm so, so happy I asked for Kyle's number:
    • it's easy to communicate with him, and he encourages me to talk about things
    • he's a sci-fi nerd, loves Marvel, and is a Jason Momoa fan
    • has the same attitude towards drinking as I do: just some wine with food, but not so keen on drinking in general
    • is interested in electronics and is gonna teach me how to build a PC
    • openly tells me about his feelings and pays me compliments
    • is patient and kind
    • has a really good sense of humour
    • I feel at ease with him, but I still have some old thought patterns that make me nervous. I've told him about this, and he says that it's OK, and that I don't need to be nervous with him (and I try to tell him it's not necessarily about him, but some certain situations and memories I have)
    • I just feel like I can trust him, but I still think that something really bad/weird might turn up. I understand why I feel this way, though, and instead of backing away, I'm giving myself time to build trust towards him.

So, I'm really happy I asked his number...! Compared to some other crushes I've had, this is different. I feel like I don't have to change myself or my life in any way, or struggle to remain interesting to him. He's exactly the type of person I've needed, and I just hope I can give him back as much as I feel he's giving me :) He's gonna come for a visit tomorrow before my train leaves, and then it'll be a few weeks before we see each other again.

I'm still gonna be missing in action for a couple of days, and I'll get back to y'all when I get to Winterfell! Have a really lovely Sunday :)

• Like 7

You and Kyle seem perfect for each other <3 

41 minutes ago, Ensi said:

I still think that something really bad/weird might turn up

Try to focus on right now. You can't predict the future and the present looks pretty awesome, just enjoy, you deserve it :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Terah said:

You and Kyle seem perfect for each other <3 

Try to focus on right now. You can't predict the future and the present looks pretty awesome, just enjoy, you deserve it :)

So far, he's great. And most of the time, I don't have a doubt about him, but it's totally normal to not trust someone completely right away. But I'm really interested to see how this will go! And thank you :) I think I somehow believe I don't deserve this or that I'm not allowed to make the choice to be with him, but those are my own brain bugs I need to deal with. It's my life, and I need to learn how to own it and not think what others think of it. Right, Freddie?

tenor.gif

42 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm glad Kyle is good for you. 

Thanks, me too <3

Smart move: went jogging this morning and did some kettlebell exercises. This calmed down some nervous energy I've had this week, and I've been more stable :) I was able to run only half of my usual routine, but I was just happy to go outside and get this meat prison of mine moving :D

• Like 5

WHO CHANGED MY TITLE FROM "ROOKIE" TO "PIRATE AT HEART"??? I LOVE YOU :DD Seriously, who was it? And when?

I'm in Winterfell! All my studies are now OK for the rest of the year, and I got good feedback for the graphics I produced for our web app course project :) My application for getting help with housing costs was accepted, too, so money's on its way :) It's lovely to spend time with my parents, and my brothers will be here for Christmas, too. Kyle and I are chatting daily, and I can't wait to see him again next year!

IE has been fine (I actually had a small slice of lemon cake this morning and had it in bed with a cup of coffee before my actual breakfast - couldn't do something like this back in my disordered eating days :P ), and I'm more focused on getting sleep and rest after a hectic and emotional autumn. Shark Week started today, too, and I went for a light run to get some energy out of my system.

I'll have some more time to catch up with you lovely people now that I'm done with the final studies :) Have a lovely Wednesday!

• Like 5