• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck seeks The Steady Hand

Omg, I missed two days.    Why is life so chaotic right now?

Um.   Holding the line?  Not being super productive in advancing the line... but I think I am mostly doing the things that have become habit.    The exercise this week got totally fubared because of the days off, and the work Christmas Party.   So I lifted on Tuesday, I danced on Wednesday and thus far that's it.    It's almost 40 out, and sunny,  so I plan on going out and doing an outside run once I tidy up the last of my D&D prep for tonight.

We're getting burgers at the yummy burger place before hand - so a run is a good plan.   Mostly because I just have been so damn inactive this week anyway.

Also sharks.  Today.   Yay.  

A perfect storm it is!    The scale is holding though, and I'm almost a full week through 'baby maintenance'.      I've missed a day of sketching, but the tablet practice is going well.   And I am getting my night time routine 4+ days a week.  (2 days are always an abbreviated routine due to late getting home from gaming.)

I'm really excited for tonight's game because I got them Christmas gifts (labeled them In Character) and my terrain from my 100% challenge came in, and last night I prepared THIS cavern.

YL8eDXp.jpg?width=345&height=460

The gifts are Level Up Aluminium Dice (They cost $20 per D20 but are so awesome!)   And with it, a note that reads, 'With this die, you are granted the feat Lucky, for ONE night.   All luck rolls must be used with THIS die only.   So it gives them a bit of in game gifting too.  (And shoot, now that I said that, it reminds me I should make something a little tougher for them since they have that boon!)

Ok.   I will have to go for a more proper update soon... sigh.  I am failing at the forums again!  Sorry guys.   I mean to get around and check in better,  but with last minute gift shopping and Christmas, and D&D prep and days off, omg.      Next week should be way better.  ALL my gifts will be in and wrapped, and it's a normal 5 day work week for me. :)

• Like 3

I like those dice, but not in the budget right now for me.  Although I should set up some kind of in-game gift for my group as well.  

And if you run out of ideas for art, just give a shout and I'll send along descriptions of our characters LOL (or perhaps when you have time even discuss some comissions?)

Sooo week 3 wasn't all that great actually.   It was busy at work, busy at home, busy on the weekend.   I attribute it to the proximity of the holiday.    So, if there is ever a good reason for some things to slack a bit, I think this counts as one.     That said, while it wasn't as good as some of my previous weeks on this glorious streak I am riding, it was still a lot better than in years past.  AND, the treats, meals out and splurges, were sooooo under past caloric levels of binge, you can hardly even call it that.  So that's good.

Today, I jumped back into things fully.   I went back and hit my workout (first lift day since last week Tuesday) and was pleased I still hit 5x5 pull ups.  My squats are feeling really weak lately, so I lowered the weight from 140 to 115, and worked on volume, so did 5 sets, of 10, 8, 8, 8, 6.   I also did 3 sets of 10 push ups, and then 3 sets of deadlifts at a lower weight, but more reps.    Given the slacking week I had last, I wanted the mental confidence and the feeling of being strong, so it was the right choice.

I got some tablet time in tonight, did laundry, wrapped the next batch of gifts that came in, and enjoyed this...

tank_____at_the_alamo__by_lilwolfe006_dcuostz-pre.jpg         Ny2zaJ2.jpg

Have I mentioned that eating closer to maintenance for a bit is pretty freaking sweet?   Yeah it is.    Also, yes, that's an updated Tank pic. ;)   At the Alamo, because... reasons.  Hahahaha.

Going to get my face washed up, sketch a bit, then play some Pyre and tomorrow, tomorrow should be a bit more calm.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Okay, hello you.  Despite our history on the forums, I feel like we haven't interacted much.  But this gif + comment made you my new best friend.   I LOOOOOVED him in Tudors.     Though I never managed to finish the series due to Ranger ADHD.    So hi new friend!

HAI FREN

Wait, so you didn't even finish?  Doth that meaneth thou missed thus...?

e804802a6824a2dae94d6be9018c0f0f.jpg

Brooding and hair goals AF.  For reals.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

HAI FREN

Wait, so you didn't even finish?  Doth that meaneth thou missed thus...?

e804802a6824a2dae94d6be9018c0f0f.jpg

Brooding and hair goals AF.  For reals.

giphy.gif

... oh my. 

/ahem

pLr.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Also, yes, that's an updated Tank pic. ;)   At the Alamo, because... reasons. 

The Alamo is very appropriate. I live in the same town, and my 5th-Great-Grandfather fought and died there. As I said on my thread, thanks so much for the puck-pic!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The Alamo is very appropriate. I live in the same town, and my 5th-Great-Grandfather fought and died there. As I said on my thread, thanks so much for the puck-pic!

Oh wow!  I only knew that you lived in the same town.   I went there once; when I was 14.   It was a mission trip to Monterrey, Mexico and on the way back our youth group stopped for some tourist fun!   I remember that John Arduino accidentally threw his wallet in the McDonalds trash at lunch time, and we only got to mingle on the outside and not go in.   My best friend during my youth group years also lived in San Antonio, so I suppose the place has some nostalgia for me too!  Glad you like it.  I still get really nervous drawing real peoples. >.>

• Like 1

Tuesday Update:

We had no internet at home again last night, and Tuesday nights are group Don't Starve Together nights!   I had to ditch my comfy lounge pants and get dressed again and head to my friends house after dinner to play,  but we survived into summer, so we're doing a-okay!

• Had a good run on my lunch break - ran 2 miles straight at about a 10:45/m pace, then walked 1/6th a mile and then ran another half mile.   I was really sore from squats and DL's the day before, so I did lots of walking to cool down and stretching.
  • Tracked food, ate well, got my night routine done despite it being an extra night out.   Was still in bed lights off by 11:15.  (11:20 is hard cap on non-D&D nights.)
  • Since we had no internet, I couldn't scan in any of my current sketches to use as a draft layer for tablet art- soooo I did art, from scratch, 100% on the tablet.   It should be finished up tonight, so I can show how that went. :)

Only other news to share is that I am facing the next hurdle now.   The scale has ticked upward because I am in my 2-3 month "diet break" and eating closer to maintenance.   It's only about 1.5lbs, but it happened so fast that I am trying to avoid panic.    I keep saying that the body cannot possibly regulate in just 10 days, so relax and give it time to sort things out.   Now, the programs I've read and such say that if you do actually start putting on pounds week after week after week, to tweak slightly, but I don't think I need to panic quite yet.   Though next week is Christmas, so, hah!  I imagine I might see a temporary spike after our all day party graze on the 24th!

• Like 2

Something that really helped me was acknowledging that weight is always going to fluctuate some. So instead of thinking there is one umber to hit, I  give myself a  five pound target. My maintenance weight is 118, but sometimes that creeps up, but as long as it stays under 123, I figure I'm alright. I also look for averages. I don't really track it (though that would be helpful) but I just mentally take note. If a couple of times a week it's about 122, and the rest it is 120, I figure I'm still in a good range.

The panic of regaining the weight is real. It is so hard to fear gaining weight. But it's also bleck to live with that fear, so good job at fighting it.

• Like 1

Ugh!   Our internet was down from after work, until 9:30!  Again!   I hate to sound tech-addicted, but it really throws me off because so much of my organization and hobby related things are ... tucked into the internet somewhere.    Want to do an art lesson?  It's an internet academy!  Want to download references to use in sketch book... oh wait, internet!

Ate well, and tracked.

I skipped work out today.  Right before lunch I got another killer tension headache and it made me nauseated.   I think it was the right call.

No sketching today as work was right busy, again - but I spent a lot of time coloring the all digital art I started yesterday.

Face, teeth, bedtime should be all good.

This picture is of Kess, deciding that her new found family may not be all that it's cracked up to be.   As she continues on the path, under the mantle the rebellion asked her to take up, The Blade of Restoration leaves a reminder to all who question her loyalties.   The Midnight Surprise, and those who mentored her there, have her allegiance.

family_is_not_just_blood__by_lilwolfe006_dcuuxxb-fullview.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/19/2018 at 11:10 AM, Starpuck said:

Had a good run on my lunch break - ran 2 miles straight at about a 10:45/m pace, then walked 1/6th a mile and then ran another half mile.   I was really sore from squats and DL's the day before, so I did lots of walking to cool down and stretching.

This is really impressive!

On 12/19/2018 at 11:10 AM, Starpuck said:

Only other news to share is that I am facing the next hurdle now.   The scale has ticked upward because I am in my 2-3 month "diet break" and eating closer to maintenance.   It's only about 1.5lbs, but it happened so fast that I am trying to avoid panic.    I keep saying that the body cannot possibly regulate in just 10 days, so relax and give it time to sort things out.   Now, the programs I've read and such say that if you do actually start putting on pounds week after week after week, to tweak slightly, but I don't think I need to panic quite yet. 

Honestly, I can gain or lose 2-3 pounds literally overnight sometimes. I can be 100% completely solid on my nutrition and exercise but depending on Woman Things, how uh, regular I've been, or how much water I've been drinking, I can fluctuate around my standard maintenance weight by legit 5 lb in 2 days (ie 2.5lb under one day and then 2.5 lb over the next, or the other way around).  I wouldn't worry, don't let the toxic thoughts start creeping in my dear.  You are amazing and even if they are 1.5lb of "real" weight gain and not a fluctuation around a mean - that's OK too! With your strength training it could very well be muscle weight gain! And even then if it's not - that's also totally OK. You're absolutely killing it with all your activities and you are strong and healthy, that's what matters.

• Like 4

Oooh, I haven't posted in a week, um, oops.

C'est la vie!   There was so much going on and it took all I had to keep towing the line.   But the line was towed.  Mostly.

Exercise, at least organized exercise, took a bit of a dip this past week, but my running around, cooking, shopping, cleaning, etc, managed to net me like 13k steps on 3 of those days, so it wasn't like I was being a slouch!      I did get two lift days in last week, and two move days.   So pretty good all considered.

Food was minded, except on Christmas Eve (we do the big family get together on that day) and so I did not track and am okay with this.   

Art took a MAJOR back step - but ya know, I didn't want to force it, when I should have been doing other things - and then get crappy results or non-practice, so it is what it is.  One half-minded week does not stop progress or routine.

Night-time routine suffered as it always does when exhaustion hits before I can get to it.    I still have greatly improved the frequency of the extra things, so I am cool with this.

I had a really nice Christmas with family and friends, and am back to work today, ready to focus on re-organizing for the next year.   I'd like to continue focusing on budgeting and tracking my money more/better.   I've come leaps and bounds with putting actual extra money into savings, and I'd like to see that grow quite a bit this next year.  

The house thing is still on radar - though it seems distant.   I've been pre-approved, and I know what I can look at realistically; but the big thing is who I invite to be a part of this.   Inviting long time friends to actually be part of the purchase, is a whole lot different than doing it on my own and just inviting them to rent as a roommate.    The latter is less commitment, but the former makes it much more doable.   (Average MONTHLY property taxes in my area, is $400-600.)

I've been eating more these past few weeks- whereas, I did a very good job of eating around 500 less per day than I burned during my weight loss phase, I've bumped all my tracking things up to reflect losing only .5/week or a 250 calorie deficit.   My weight has been holding right where it was and within 1.2 pounds of my lowest I hit - I consider this pretty darn close to maintenance then... and after I get back to more routine dietary and exercise schedules, I'll see if I can bump that a little higher.

Since it's been a while since I posted sketch stuff, I figured I'd throw some in here until I can get back on the track proper.   This is all stuff that's been done this month, and the first one, is a rendition of The Lone Minstrel from the Supergiant game, Pyre.  (Which is beautiful and amazing, and I love all things Supergiant!)

Spoiler

vz7ONUe.jpg  SLuppMY.jpgKlIZgaK.jpg

2pHjoAI.jpg

And with that, I've got my plan for this week.   I've been fighting this damn tension headache for a week straight now, off and on.   I really need to get to the chiropractor, or at least to a massage place to work out those traps and stringy muscles that connect to the neck...  I know that's what is causing it.    Maybe I can get in there on Saturday...   Goal is to get some sketching or tablet time in, but not worry about doubling up on most days.    I'd like to lift today and Friday (but lifting with a headache is so unappealing, so I am going to take it really light.) and then run on Thursday and Dance on Sat.  Food should be normal until New Years Eve, so I want to make sure I am sticking to plan well until then.

• Like 2

LIMBO WEEK CHECK IN

I lifted on Wed and today.  Woot.   Was fun to hit 6 pull ups, not just for one set, but for two!   Finished off the rest of the sets with 3 x 5 pull ups, so I am pretty stoked about that.  Bed times are not happening with any regularity.  It is SO hard to maintain the forming of new habits, when you have crazy schedules and festivities.   But, there was effort and some small progress over the 4 week challenge, so not too bad.   I've not had any unplanned binges, and though last night I dipped toward excess, I tracked it and didn't go nuts.   According to MFP - I am at 117 days streak, that is a whole THIRD of a year.  Wow!    Despite bumping calorie intake from around 1600-1700 up to 1800-1900 I am holding weight right where I left off during the weightloss phase.  Nice there.   I've spent some time arting this week, nothing stringent, but some time was spent with the lead.

All in all, things going well.   Trying to decide what format the first challenge of 2019 will be in.   Might do an anime one (Code Geass perhaps), might stick with D&D-ish... I know that come Feb or so, once the BSG Group is into a season or so, I'll be doing a throw back BSG challenge!  Yeaaah!    (Super excited about this guys; we need to make a thread somewhere to keep all our watchers in the same place!)

My usual friends are tied up this weekend, so I will have lots of time to work on D&D and art, and game.    Get all ready to start the new year off with that 'fresh set of bed sheets' feeling!

A6zpTMY.gif

• Like 2

Trucking trucking.

Got to the chiro today and it has left me exhausted?   It's so weird.  I came home and was immediately wiped out and tired and achy.  I did have a pretty hefty work out yesterday so that is part of it, but man, I could just curl up and sleep and game all day.

I did put this low energy mood to good use though.   I finished up some art that I am pretty happy with the turn out.    Trying to improve my backgrounds, and yeah, I keep doing mountains, but my sis does actual painting, so I am trying to adopt some of the things her pictures do, but with the digital toolset.

This is another member of the Azure Summit.   Unlike the girl with the green mohawk, he is more serious and dedicated to the order and its traditions.

azure_summit_member_by_lilwolfe006_dcvnt3c-fullview.jpg

• Like 2