• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM doesn't Panic!

Recommended Posts

tenor.gif?itemid=5461599

 

 

Challenge goals:

  1. Build God, Then We'll Talk – 3 weights per week; made a modified 5x5 program
  2. But It's Better If You Do – 1 run per week
  3. High Hopes – TV off by 8pm 5 nights/week, send out first batch of wedding thank yous, finish thank you cards (0/23)

 

T3jb.gif

and here are the wrenches –

11/22: clean out childhood bedroom, thanksgiving I

11/23: thanksgiving II

11/24: lots of cooking; thanksgiving III

11/30: friend gathering

12/1: german xmas markt

12/7: spouse’s work holiday party

12/8: friend’s bday party

12/15: spouse’s family xmas party

12/21: friendsmas

12/22: friendsmas II

 

Rolling goals:

1 whatever I feel like workout/week

track restaurant food – I feel better (and so does my wallet) when I eat out less than 3x per week. I like to plan out weekend food and grocery list before Friday night

track yoga – I feel better when I get at least 50mins/week; do modified hip bridges and clamshells at least once/week for my bum knee

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

11/22: clean out childhood bedroom, thanksgiving I

11/23: thanksgiving II

11/24: lots of cooking; thanksgiving III

11/30: friend gathering

12/1: german xmas markt

12/7: spouse’s work holiday party

12/8: friend’s bday party

12/15: spouse’s family xmas party

12/21: friendsmas

12/22: friendsmas II

 

That's a lot of socializing, you brave social butterfly you. I however am a social moth and would rather fly into lamps than be around humans that much.

Best of luck with this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

 

That's a lot of socializing, you brave social butterfly you. I however am a social moth and would rather fly into lamps than be around humans that much.

Best of luck with this.

 

48 minutes ago, farflight said:

Those social events got my anxiety up...and I don't even have to go!

 

Following along for support...and inspiration...*goes back to corner*

 ha! thanks for the well wishes. it's definitely a lot and i might back out of at least one of them depending how the weeks progress. but i do thrive on social interaction so it's not totally out of my realm

UVky.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Panic Sherlock GIF - Panic Sherlock DontPanic GIFs
1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

and here are the wrenches –

11/22: clean out childhood bedroom, thanksgiving I

11/23: thanksgiving II

11/24: lots of cooking; thanksgiving III

11/30: friend gathering

12/1: german xmas markt

12/7: spouse’s work holiday party

12/8: friend’s bday party

12/15: spouse’s family xmas party

12/21: friendsmas

12/22: friendsmas II

Nevermind
Fuck Panic GIF - Fuck Panic Bunny GIFs
 
1 hour ago, calanthrophy said:

 

That's a lot of socializing, you brave social butterfly you. I however am a social moth and would rather fly into lamps than be around humans that much.

Best of luck with this.

Image result for moth and lamp meme

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Grumble said:
 
Fuck Panic GIF - Fuck Panic Bunny GIFs


I think this terribly flustered rabbit is my patronus/spirit animal/totem. But since you like socialising, and your quests don't actually include any diet restrictions, three thanksgivings and multiple christmases could be nice. Christmasses? Christmassi? Christmosis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Harriet said:


I think this terribly flustered rabbit is my patronus/spirit animal/totem. But since you like socialising, and your quests don't actually include any diet restrictions, three thanksgivings and multiple christmases could be nice. Christmasses? Christmassi? Christmosis?

Holidays? No. ALLIDAYS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Harriet said:


I think this terribly flustered rabbit is my patronus/spirit animal/totem. But since you like socialising, and your quests don't actually include any diet restrictions, three thanksgivings and multiple christmases could be nice. Christmasses? Christmassi? Christmosis?

having nice holidays is the plan stan!

 

59 minutes ago, raptron said:

EVUEqK.gif

 

Hiiiiii. Liftingggg! <3 

;) thanks for participating!

 

52 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Holidays? No. ALLIDAYS.

 

Just now, Harriet said:

Omnimas?

I approve of these messages

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 0 – Monday

 

Easy Monday feels. Did some honeymoon planning at work. once I got home I started up the “soften sheets” process for the 100% Egyptian cotton that felt like wool after a regular wash. Washed with baking soda, rinsed with vinegar, dried, re-washed with detergent and dried again. feels much better but putting them on the bed will be the true test.

 

workouts: 0/5

yoga: 15

restaurant food: 0

bedtime: 1/5

 

Week 0 – Tuesday

 

Barbell curls

50x10

50x9

50x9

 

Cable push-downs

80x8

70x9

70x9

70x9

 

Underhand cable pull downs

85x8

85x8

85x8

85x8

 

Toe touchers

15, 15, 15, 15

 

That’s the second to last workout I’ll do in the modified leangains program!

giphy.gif

Work was worky. got home and hard cooked around 22 eggs for deviled eggs later on. got in yoga and cooked up an easy dinner of sausage and brussels. tv was off by 8! Started watching Camping on hbo. It actually makes me feel uncomfortable which is probably the point.

 

workouts: 1/5

yoga: 25

restaurant food: 0

bedtime: 2/5

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you have got to be kidding me - I seriously considered doing a Panic! theme this go 'round, too (specifically Hurricane, because I will in fact dance to anything.) (I decided to go off in a different direction but still with the great minds etc.) 

 

 

giphy.gif

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 8:29 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

Easy Monday feels. Did some honeymoon planning at work. once I got home I started up the “soften sheets” process for the 100% Egyptian cotton that felt like wool after a regular wash. Washed with baking soda, rinsed with vinegar, dried, re-washed with detergent and dried again. feels much better but putting them on the bed will be the true test.

 


Oh my. Tell me the softening process only happens once. You don't have to do it every time, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 12:38 PM, MikeW said:

CM!!! Love that you have not one, not two, but three thanksgivings and can’t wait to hear all about the fun stuff you’re doing this challenge.

 

Me too... although... even just reading about doing this much stuff makes me tired...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a fellow rare extrovert nerd I love your social schedule and wish I had half the setup you do! Also, I totally thought this was a HItchikers Guide challenge :lol: (I want to throw an epic bash for my 42nd bday...)

 

 

tell me more about these softer sheets... did I miss that convo? Sounds... softt...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 7:26 PM, Gemma said:

you have got to be kidding me - I seriously considered doing a Panic! theme this go 'round, too (specifically Hurricane, because I will in fact dance to anything.) (I decided to go off in a different direction but still with the great minds etc.) 

 

 

giphy.gif

 

 

 

no way!! haha that's too funny. of course, the more Panic! the better :D 

 

17 hours ago, RedStone said:

As a fellow rare extrovert nerd I love your social schedule and wish I had half the setup you do! Also, I totally thought this was a HItchikers Guide challenge :lol: (I want to throw an epic bash for my 42nd bday...)

it was definitely a nod to HG! Just listened to the first Dirk Gently recently. Spouse actually just found out the potential reason for the answer to everything being 42! something about computer code and 42 being for an asterix which stands for everything in the program? or spreadsheet?

 

On 11/21/2018 at 9:38 PM, MikeW said:

CM!!! Love that you have not one, not two, but three thanksgivings and can’t wait to hear all about the fun stuff you’re doing this challenge.

THERE WERE ALL TURKEY FILLED! and obviously the company wasn't bad either ;) 

 

On 11/22/2018 at 2:26 PM, Harriet said:


Oh my. Tell me the softening process only happens once. You don't have to do it every time, right?

 

17 hours ago, RedStone said:

 

tell me more about these softer sheets... did I miss that convo? Sounds... softt...

 

my understanding is that you should only have to do it once or twice and they get better with each subsequent (regular) wash as well. apparently Egyptian cotton sheets are manufactured with a lot of chemicals that leave the sheets feeling rough at first until you clean out the chemicals. i mean, i'm sure we didn't get a good brand and there are better brands out there? but it seemed like a typical issue when i googled it. i'll for sure keep y'all updated when we put those ones back on the bed!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE OVERLOAD!

original.gif

 

Week 0 – Wednesday

 

Ran on the treadmill for 30 mins: 2.46 miles and 65 ft climbed.

 

I did a quick last minute grocery shop for gluten free desserts after work. found some GF pies, ice cream, and rice krispie treats.

 

We made dinner and I got in some yoga. bed happened at a reasonable time and got 8hrs sleep!

 

workouts: 2/5

yoga: 35

restaurant food: 0

bedtime: 3/5

 

Week 0 – Thursday

 

Last leangains variant workout!

Back squat

105x8

95x9

95x9

 

Leg curls

80x8

65x9

 

High step ups

10x8 each leg

10x8

 

Smith machine calf raises/stretches

75x10

75x15

 

Followed up by some quick stretching

 

Went and cleaned out my old room at my dads and donated a TON of stuff and also threw out a bunch as well. thanksgiving at my moms was great and low key. We ate and chatted and watched a couple movies.

 

Bed happened at a reasonable time and got a glorious 8 hrs & 15 mins of sleep.

 

workouts: 3/5

yoga: 40

restaurant food: 0

bedtime: 4/5

 

Week 0 – Friday

 

Decided to stay in and do a quick stretching session instead of venturing out into the bitter cold. We did get some shopping and returning done later on.

 

Second thanksgiving at Spouse’s parents was great! A few negative body talk landmines but I just stuffed my face and didn’t participate. Our little niece is adorbs and we passed her around a lot.

 

Ended up going over to a friends after for a few beers and just good conversation. did not get to bed at a reasonable time.

 

workouts: 3/5

yoga: 55

restaurant food: 0

bedtime: 4/5

 

Week 0 – Saturday

 

Spent all morning prepping for friendsgiving! Our food all came out really well. hard boiled egg recipe needs some tweaking but the GF green bean casserole surpassed my expectations and everyone asked for our spinach/artichoke dip recipe!

 

Vibes were weird for some reason but seemed to chill out as we relaxed. This friend group has had its share of trials this year and we’re planning a big trip to Iceland for next june so I think that has caused some added stress. In the end it was great catching up with them all and eating everyone’s delicious foods. also we put this thing on the TV that’s similar to those yule logs that just crackle and provide ambience but it’s Nick Offerman sitting in front of the fire and drinking whiskey. He legit just sits there and drinks and stares into your eyes. We did realize it was on a 45 minute loops but still. it was awesome.

 

We ended up staying up until 4am. oops?

 

workouts: 3/5

yoga: 55

restaurant food: 0

bedtime: 4/5

 

Week 0 – Sunday

 

Like a true teenager, I slept in until 1pm! got some chores done around the house, hung out with my sister, and then went out to dinner with her & friends.

 

finish thank you cards (7/22)

 

week 0 scores!

workouts: 3/5

yoga: 55

restaurant food: 2

bedtime: 4/5

 

pretty solid zero week considering the holiday! I’ll be aiming for full marks on workouts and bedtime this week. feeling quite bloated today from all the lovely food.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

it was definitely a nod to HG! Just listened to the first Dirk Gently recently. Spouse actually just found out the potential reason for the answer to everything being 42! something about computer code and 42 being for an asterix which stands for everything in the program? or spreadsheet?

My nerd brain loves this and never made that connection - 42 is the ASCII value (numerical values to characters used by a buncha computer programs behind the scenes) for an asterisk, and an asterisk is a common shortcut for “everything” in sql and I believe also a buncha Unix applications. I’m like a nerd lite, but know just enough to get it now that it’s spelled out for me.

 

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

THERE WERE ALL TURKEY FILLED! and obviously the company wasn't bad either ;) 

YESSSSS. Thanksgiving is the best holiday!

 

Also, add me to the people asking for your spinach artichoke dip!

 

So much friends and food - what a great weekend!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MikeW said:

Also, add me to the people asking for your spinach artichoke dip!

sure thing!

 

85 grams fresh spinach (2 cups)

1 can drained artichoke

15 grams chipotle mayo (1 tbsp)

45 grams mayo (3 tbsp)

8 oz cream cheese, softened 

1/4 cup shredded mozzarella 

1/2 cup shredded parm/romano blend cheese

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp salt

Pepper to taste

 

Blend spinach, artichoke, & chipotle mayo, needs a few starts and stops to push down the spinach and get it all blended

Mix together everything else in a bowl

Add stuff from blender, mix

Grease baking dish and preheat oven to 350

Bake 20 mins and sprinkle more mozzarella if you want, bake another 5 until bubbly and lightly browned

 

can be easily doubled as this went pretty fast. also feel free to use all regular mayo and add whatever hot sauce you like for the tiny spice kick. we only sprinkle a bit of mozzarella on the top (and after it's been mostly baked) to avoid that impenetrable crust that all chips die trying to traverse through :lol: it's great with carrots or celery too

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 1 – Monday

 

sent out our first batch of wedding thank yous as certain family members were apparently wondering about it even though it’s only been 3 months.

 

Got in yoga and made an oatmeal bake for the week. dinner was a bag of combos, some leftover chicken, and leftover GF stuffing. Probably need some vegetables at some point.

 

workouts: 0/5

yoga: 15

restaurant food: 0

bedtime: 1/5

 

and now i request some assistance. i did my first 5x5 with deadlifts. After DLs and then RDLs my lower back starts to get really tired. so the rows and goblets are pretty exhausting on it. I think I need to switch out some accessories. here's how I currently have it set up:

 

DLs

RDLs

Rows

Goblets

Abs

 

BB curls

Push downs

Pulldowns

Abs

Farmers

 

Squats

Calf raises/stretches

Front squat

High step ups

Leg curls

 

Farmers walks would tax my grip too much on DL day but maybe I could do the high step ups on DL day, farmers walks on squat day, and RDLs on my upper body day… I like all my current accessories and I need most of them. any input is always appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

sent out our first batch of wedding thank yous as certain family members were apparently wondering about it even though it’s only been 3 months.

:rolleyes:

 

Quote

Farmers walks would tax my grip too much on DL day but maybe I could do the high step ups on DL day, farmers walks on squat day, and RDLs on my upper body day… I like all my current accessories and I need most of them. any input is always appreciated!

I'd say definitely put step-ups on DL day (they're kind of glute-y anyway!) and maybe rows on squat day? I know you said DL + RDL together really gets you, but I'm not sure shifting the RDLs to another day makes total sense (but defer to people who are better at programming).

 

I personally can't really do RDLs without burning out my back, so I do other DL variations like paused or single legged or I swap to other hip hinges like glute bridges/hip thrusts. I know you want to keep all your accessories, but if you try to rearrange and still run into that issue, it may be worth considering a sub for that exercise in general.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, raptron said:

I personally can't really do RDLs without burning out my back, so I do other DL variations like paused or single legged or I swap to other hip hinges like glute bridges/hip thrusts. I know you want to keep all your accessories, but if you try to rearrange and still run into that issue, it may be worth considering a sub for that exercise in general.

 

Can you do stiff leg or does it have the same level of burnout?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, raptron said:

I'd say definitely put step-ups on DL day (they're kind of glute-y anyway!) and maybe rows on squat day? I know you said DL + RDL together really gets you, but I'm not sure shifting the RDLs to another day makes total sense (but defer to people who are better at programming).

 

I personally can't really do RDLs without burning out my back, so I do other DL variations like paused or single legged or I swap to other hip hinges like glute bridges/hip thrusts. I know you want to keep all your accessories, but if you try to rearrange and still run into that issue, it may be worth considering a sub for that exercise in general.

you're probably right, i just love my RDLs. which are technically stiff leg DLs as grumble so helpfully pointed out. i keep my knees a tiny bit bent and can get the the bar all the way back down to the ground.

 

i already do glute bridges during my yoga time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now