• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM doesn't Panic!

41 minutes ago, raptron said:

:rolleyes:

oh yeah. SO MUCH THIS. especially since it's the same side of the family where a recent sibling wedding happened and took a year to get TYs out. get off my butt plz.

10 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

you're probably right, i just love my RDLs. which are technically stiff leg DLs as grumble so helpfully pointed out. i keep my knees a tiny bit bent and can get the the bar all the way back down to the ground.

Um, actually... Turns out there is a big difference and I did not realize it until I watched this video.

18 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Um, actually... Turns out there is a big difference and I did not realize it until I watched this video.

haha i did know there was a difference and i evaluated my technique years ago but forgot.

according to a quick bodybuilding.com description i'm doing stiff leg DLs. but according to Thrall, i'm doing RDLs. i DL the weight up and start in a standing position. i should probably stand on a block as i can keep my back straight all the way to the bottom so i'm usually/accidentally hitting the ground with the plates.

e86997e4fa8c6b611c7a5563998eea22e53c8a37

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

haha i did know there was a difference and i evaluated my technique years ago but forgot.

according to a quick bodybuilding.com description i'm doing stiff leg DLs. but according to Thrall, i'm doing RDLs. i DL the weight up and start in a standing position. i should probably stand on a block as i can keep my back straight all the way to the bottom so i'm usually/accidentally hitting the ground with the plates.

Starting at the top, you keep straight legs and can touch the ground with the plates? Please send me your flexibility and strength. KTHXBAI

28 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

e86997e4fa8c6b611c7a5563998eea22e53c8a37

I'm mesmerized.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Starting at the top, you keep straight legs and can touch the ground with the plates? Please send me your flexibility and strength. KTHXBAI

haha yes! i don't even really have that crazy of flexibility. but i'd probably not tire my back out so much if i only went right below my knees

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Dang yo, that's just crazy impressive flexibility.

Love, the guy who can kick himself in the face but can't DL like you.

LOL! we each have a specific set of skills. and most are working to improve MOAR!

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 11:36 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

also we put this thing on the TV that’s similar to those yule logs that just crackle and provide ambience but it’s Nick Offerman sitting in front of the fire and drinking whiskey

I need this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:
On 11/26/2018 at 10:36 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

also we put this thing on the TV that’s similar to those yule logs that just crackle and provide ambience but it’s Nick Offerman sitting in front of the fire and drinking whiskey

I need this.

I think its on youtube or netflix...he really just sits there sipping whiskey...it's beautiful...

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, nightlight said:

*boop*

OH HIIIIII! fancy seeing you around these parts! <3

9 minutes ago, farflight said:

figured this had to be shared....for @JustCallMeAmber

it really is brilliant. not too distracting but still a conversation piece.

Week 1 – Tuesday

Okay soooo first 5x5 with deadlifts. but really I did 5x4 and a close-to-max single. It was tiring but also great to be lifting heavy again.

135x2

145x5

145x5

145x5

145x5

175x1

RDLs

100x8

100x8

100x5

100x5

Bent-over DB row (palms in)
50x8

50x8

50x8

DB side bends

50x10

50x8

50x8

50x8

Goblet squats

50x8

50x8

50x8

Dinner took a lot longer than I usually like but I still got in yoga and the TV was off on time. I used up all our leftover turkey with a bunch of carrots, celery, potatoes, and spinach to make a stew.

workouts: 1/5

yoga: 25

restaurant food: 0

bedtime: 2/5

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Week 1 – Tuesday

Okay soooo first 5x5 with deadlifts. but really I did 5x4 and a close-to-max single. It was tiring but also great to be lifting heavy again.

135x2

145x5

145x5

145x5

145x5

175x1

Yay deadlifts! Reading about other people's lifts inspire me to keep trying. 175 pounds is groovy. 

17 hours ago, Harriet said:

Yay deadlifts! Reading about other people's lifts inspire me to keep trying. 175 pounds is groovy. 

seeing others lift in person is even more inspiring! :D raptron will tell you how much watching her participate in powerlifting meets spurred me on. 175 is great for me at this juncture so thank you! i was doing 215x2 this time last year. i'm hopeful i'll get back there soon.

Week 1 – Wednesday

TMGa.gif

“accidently” slept in. but kept tossing and turning so I got up and did a couple short yoga videos. Still felt weird and crappy most of the morning though. fitbit says I didn’t sleep well.

Got a load of laundry done after work and prepped some IP pork to go with leftover green bean casserole. also took care of our overflowing recycling scattered around the house.

TV was off in time but then ended up opening a bunch of online orders and trying on clothes which put me to bed late. should’ve saved that stuff for today… also I woke up halfway through the night completely overheated and was having some sort of nightmare. yeesh. Sleep is not agreeing with me this week.

workouts: 1/5

yoga: 47

bedtime: 2/5

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

seeing others lift in person is even more inspiring! :D raptron will tell you how much watching her participate in powerlifting meets spurred me on.

She was like 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c002805746761774d

I SHALL AWAKEN FROM MY POWERLIFTING SLUMBERRRR

TO

CRUSH

WEIGHTS~~!@!!!!@#ASFSFKJKDGLKSDGKJLG

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

^^^ did not disappoint

...but yeah basically ;) it me

That's awesome and all, but doesn't the fire in your eyes damage your glasses?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, raptron said:

She was like 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c002805746761774d

I SHALL AWAKEN FROM MY POWERLIFTING SLUMBERRRR

TO

CRUSH

WEIGHTS~~!@!!!!@#ASFSFKJKDGLKSDGKJLG

I'm quoting this because I love it so much I want it to exist twice.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Grumble said:

That's awesome and all, but doesn't the fire in your eyes damage your glasses?

it's a true conundrum. the fire makes my eyesight worse but is a pain to get new glasses every time i lift.

18 hours ago, MikeW said:

Ugh bad sleep weeks are the worst....I turn into such a grumpasaurus if I get bad sleep (and feel sorry for my coworkers on those days).

sammmmmmmmmme except it's unfortunately the spouse who gets the brunt of my cranky.

• Haha 1

Week 1 – Thursday

PointedIllinformedBighornsheep-max-1mb.g

BB curls

50x5x5

Cable push downs

80x8

70x9

70x9

Underhand cable pulldowns

85x8x3

Toe touchers

15, 15, 15, 15

Barely got anything done after work yesterday. the butternut squash I was going to use for dinner went bad and I got majorly sidetracked by that when I really didn’t need to haha. I also spilled pork broth/bits all over our kitchen window screen. It was one of those nights. TV was off 5 minutes past it’s due time but I lolly gagged and opened more online shopping packages. Sigh. when will I ever learn.

workouts: 2/5

bedtime: 3/5

Week 1 – Friday

tumblr_o1a36xXhbI1v3m471o1_540.gif

Very bad no good treadmill sesh. I was exhausted and couldn’t catch my breath. 1.87 miles in 24 mins and 48ft climbed. but I was there and I did something!

Will be hopefully getting a bit of yoga in tonight before heading to our friends for some board games and Indian food. yasss. Can’t wait. But also I want to get home at a reasonable time for sleep. hahaha where’s that proposal for more hours in the day??

workouts: 3/5

restaurant food: 1

bedtime: 3/5