• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM doesn't Panic!

32 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

but do movies ever really do books their full justice?

BUT THEY WERE ALSO MOVIES THAT MESS WITH THE TIMELINE OF THE MOVIES. ARGHBALTHDGKLGJDFL:TRU:. /sigh.

33 minutes ago, Grumble said:

BUT THEY WERE ALSO MOVIES THAT MESS WITH THE TIMELINE OF THE MOVIES. ARGHBALTHDGKLGJDFL:TRU:. /sigh.

i know lol one of my friends is just as mad as you. though come to think of it, i wonder if star wars ever tread on their own timeline?

Just now, CourtnieMarie said:

i know lol one of my friends is just as mad as you. though come to think of it, i wonder if star wars ever tread on their own timeline?

Are you trying to see how upset I can be on the internet? Because it feels like you're trying.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Grumble said:

Are you trying to see how upset I can be on the internet? Because it feels like you're trying.

tenor.gif?itemid=3412750

the plan.

12/10: yoga (25m); laundry

12/11: weights; yoga (5m); meal prep

12/12: running; (yoga 10m)

12/13: weights; work book club

12/14: weights; yoga (10m)

12/15: groceries; gym; TY cards; family xmas party

12/16: meal prep; laundry

Week 3 – Monday

accidentally slept in but glad I did. I didn’t sleep well and was awake/restless often. our dog threw up in the middle of the night so I had to spend time cleaning that up in the morning. I did get in some yoga though.

made a bunch of cranberry chicken with butternut squash for dinner and the week’s lunches. it was deeeeeeeeeelicious. and all done in the IP. also did a load of laundry.

workouts: 0/5

yoga: 25

restaurant food: 0

bedtime: 0.5/5 TV was off by 8 but then I putzed around the apt and scrolled social media for way too long. I’ll give myself a half point

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/11/2018 at 10:57 AM, Harriet said:

Yum to cranberry chicken and squash. Cranberries are an excellent idea. My next recipe shall be something with cranberries.

17 hours ago, MikeW said:

Yummm you always make such fun sounding recipes!

thanks! it's usually just figuring out what i need to use up, searching through my saved recipes or finding a new one! this one i just hobbled together from an old recipe because i had leftover cranberry sauce. any kind of sweet thing (jam, honey) goes really well when added to chicken. you can't necessary taste it but it does something magical.

Week 3 – Tuesday

BlandFailingIrishterrier-small.gif

wanted to go back to sleep when my alarm went off but I know it wouldn’t really have done much. so I got my butt to the gym

back squats

95x5

95x5

95x5

95x5

95x5

front squats

75x7

75x7

75x7

calf raises/stretches

85x8

85x8

leg curls

80x8

75x9

farmer’s walks

70x80 steps

70x80

Started feeling like I was coming down with something yesterday. but it’s also shark week so it could just be a perfect storm right now. I skipped meal prep and yoga last night. I did fold laundry, make my lunch for today, and make a big batch of kale salad. I ate the salad for dinner with a corn muffin and watched westworld. I know I’m so late but WTF MAN IN THE BLACK HAT. That was a good discovery.

workouts: 1/5

yoga: 25

bedtime: 1.5/5 TV was off in time and I was in bed on time!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Started feeling like I was coming down with something yesterday. but it’s also shark week so it could just be a perfect storm right now. I skipped meal prep and yoga last night. I did fold laundry, make my lunch for today, and make a big batch of kale salad. I ate the salad for dinner with a corn muffin and watched westworld. I know I’m so late but WTF MAN IN THE BLACK HAT. That was a good discovery.

You will recover rapidly and feel awesome. You will recover rapidly and feel awesome. 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c11ac4334324f3045

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, raptron said:

Hope you aren't getting sick after all! 

14 hours ago, Harriet said:

You will recover rapidly and feel awesome. You will recover rapidly and feel awesome. 

haha thanks! i definitely felt better yesterday just really tired.

Week 3 – Wednesday

ran on the treadmill even though I got up 10 mins late and it was really cold out and I was cramping. so anything beyond just getting to the gym is a complete win. jogged/walked for 30 mins; 2.54 miles; 67 ft climbed

made a spinach and artichoke egg casserole last night for dinner and breakfasts. got in some yoga while that cooked and prepped lunches for today.

tumblr_ok91w0JDHf1qhub34o1_500.gif

workouts: 2/5

yoga: 35

bedtime: 2.5/5 TV was off one minute before cutoff! phew. close one.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Down. To. The. Wire. on that tv cutoff! Also, love the idea of spindip as an egg casserole!

haha yes! I followed this recipe: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/spinach-artichoke-egg-casserole/ added a few more eggs and less cheese. it's good but lacks something. meat or a carb would have really given it substance!

• Like 1

Good work getting some jogging in.

Yay, reading about your cooking gives me ideas. Last night I made chicken with roasted balsamic brussels sprouts and fresh cranberries, honey and thyme and whole roasted garlic cloves. Mr Harriet approved. Next meal: something with artichoke.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Good work getting some jogging in.

Yay, reading about your cooking gives me ideas. Last night I made chicken with roasted balsamic brussels sprouts and fresh cranberries, honey and thyme and whole roasted garlic cloves. Mr Harriet approved. Next meal: something with artichoke.

THAT SOUNDS SO FANCY

make sure to get pics next time. and we can reawaken our "shit warriors eat" thread :D 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

THAT SOUNDS SO FANCY

make sure to get pics next time. and we can reawaken our "shit warriors eat" thread :D 

FOod sharing and pictures! But does anyone read the non challenge threads?

Here is my lunch for the next few days: roasted chickpeas/butternut squash/purple sweet potato with whole garlic cloves, tinned tomato, fresh cherry tomatoes, broccolini, cinnamon/smoked paprika/cumin/cayenne pepper, and hard feta cheese.

IMG_5431.jpg.af8581eb455fd1bfefe5b03a5ef3ac8e.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

haha yes! I followed this recipe: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/spinach-artichoke-egg-casserole/ added a few more eggs and less cheese. it's good but lacks something. meat or a carb would have really given it substance!

YESSSSSS Cannot wait to make this one! I'll probably try and learn from you and throw some meat into it to give it a bit more something.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Harriet said:

FOod sharing and pictures! But does anyone read the non challenge threads?

Here is my lunch for the next few days: roasted chickpeas/butternut squash/purple sweet potato with whole garlic cloves, tinned tomato, fresh cherry tomatoes, broccolini, cinnamon/smoked paprika/cumin/cayenne pepper, and hard feta cheese.

haha good point - leave all your food pics here plz. i will take good care of them >:D

SO - you roasted the chickpeas, squash, and potato on a baking sheet first? added to casserole dish with everything else and baked again? or just added everything and baked once? it looks delicious!

• Like 1

Week 3 – Thursday

DLs

155x5

155x5

145x5

145x5

185x1

was pretty tired today and couldn’t get 155x5 for four sets. my lower back was also exhausted. I probably pushed too hard on a particularly weak day for me.

toe touchers

15, 15, 16, 15

RDLs

135x5

95x8

high step ups

10x8

10x8

10x8

stayed after work for our book club, crazy rich Asians! we also watched the movie but I’m so used to subtitles and our sound quality was poor that I couldn’t understand anything. Will be watching again with subtitties.

workouts: 3/5

yoga: 35

bedtime: 3.5/5 surprisingly in bed by my normal time

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

haha good point - leave all your food pics here plz. i will take good care of them >:D

SO - you roasted the chickpeas, squash, and potato on a baking sheet first? added to casserole dish with everything else and baked again? or just added everything and baked once? it looks delicious!

Yeah, I'm a low-effort, no-recipe cook so I shoved everything in a casserole dish and baked it once for about 30(?), though I put the broccolini in at the end for 10(?) as it doesn't need much cooking. There was only one tin of tomatoes for a huge bunch of veg, so it wasn't very wet. The sweet potato and chickpeas came out firmer, the pumpkin soft. Feta on top at the end.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Week 3 – Thursday

DLs

155x5

155x5

145x5

145x5

185x1

was pretty tired today and couldn’t get 155x5 for four sets. my lower back was also exhausted. I probably pushed too hard on a particularly weak day for me.

Those deadlifts look awesome to me. I'm surprised you can do your heaviest lift at the end, when you're tired. I get weaker through my sets. At what stage in your lifting journey did you find your 1rm and start doing heavy singles? 

2 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Those deadlifts look awesome to me. I'm surprised you can do your heaviest lift at the end, when you're tired. I get weaker through my sets. At what stage in your lifting journey did you find your 1rm and start doing heavy singles? 

Thanks! i say particularly weak bc i got 150x5x4 last week no problem plus 180x1. i can do a heavy 1rm at the end because these aren't really that heavy for me in general. i just started back into heavy weights again and am anxious to get to the real hard stuff (for me). but trying to be as smart about it as possible haha.

as far as finding my 1RM after starting my lifting journey? i went a sort of roundabout way but probably 10 weeks after starting lifting i tested a "max" DL. it was at the end of my very first NF challenge and after Stage 5 of the New Rules of Lifting for Women program. i think you can go for max testing whenever you want as long as you do it safely and cut yourself off as form falters or fatigue sets in. i was just talking to a friend about this actually who's been lifting for a few months and just hit 200x5x5 for her squats. she was so excited and i mentioned that her 1RM would be higher if she could do 5x5 at 200! she didn't know what a 1rm was or how to go about testing it but after i explained it she's real excited to try haha! for me, it's one of the most fun things to do in lifting. just gotta be smart and safe about it.

5 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Yeah, I'm a low-effort, no-recipe cook so I shoved everything in a casserole dish and baked it once for about 30(?), though I put the broccolini in at the end for 10(?) as it doesn't need much cooking. There was only one tin of tomatoes for a huge bunch of veg, so it wasn't very wet. The sweet potato and chickpeas came out firmer, the pumpkin soft. Feta on top at the end.

i totally want to do this. it's also perfect for my veg friend! same friend who is going to test her squat max soon!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, raptron said:

How was the Crazy Rich Asians book? It's like a whole series, right?

yes... i probably won't be reading the other ones lol

it was light and fun and interesting to learn about these people's lives. but super anti-climatic which is not what you expect from a fluff read. idk, maybe i will read the other ones but i'm not dying to - ya know??

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Thanks! i say particularly weak bc i got 150x5x4 last week no problem plus 180x1. i can do a heavy 1rm at the end because these aren't really that heavy for me in general. i just started back into heavy weights again and am anxious to get to the real hard stuff (for me). but trying to be as smart about it as possible haha.

as far as finding my 1RM after starting my lifting journey? i went a sort of roundabout way but probably 10 weeks after starting lifting i tested a "max" DL. it was at the end of my very first NF challenge and after Stage 5 of the New Rules of Lifting for Women program. i think you can go for max testing whenever you want as long as you do it safely and cut yourself off as form falters or fatigue sets in. i was just talking to a friend about this actually who's been lifting for a few months and just hit 200x5x5 for her squats. she was so excited and i mentioned that her 1RM would be higher if she could do 5x5 at 200! she didn't know what a 1rm was or how to go about testing it but after i explained it she's real excited to try haha! for me, it's one of the most fun things to do in lifting. just gotta be smart and safe about it.

i totally want to do this. it's also perfect for my veg friend! same friend who is going to test her squat max soon!

Oh, ten weeks? I've been lifting for 10 months and I've never tried a max anything. I may have to google this. I guess I imagine it wouldn't be much different from my 3 rep maxes, which I do often.

Yessss, feed your friend all the lovely chickpea carbs for her squats. 

• Like 2