• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski’s Habbit Laboratory

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

BUT it's considered a sign of higher skill in the same-sex circuit to have some role switching within your program, either for a whole dance or a section of a dance.

Oh interesting! That's quite cool. 

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

In the normal circuit, gender swapping is generally restricted the same as same-sex couples (i.e. the two big orgs in the US explicitly don't allow it - "one male leader and one female follower" is one wording I've seen in the rules).

This is what I figured, but was curious if there existed a loop hole. 

So when will we see video of you and your mystery partner???

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MikeW said:

Best gay man playing a straight guy ever.

I dunno about all that, I thought Kevin Spacey was pretty darn awesome in American Beauty ... 

Love the rumba video - also on the list of those looking forward to seeing something more recent with your new partner!!! 

9 hours ago, Harriet said:

Is that you in the video??? Fantastic!!! It is gorgeous to watch, lovely movements. It occurs to me that the men wear a lot of black and the ladies catch attention with bright colours and ruffles. This seems like it should be remedied. 

Maaaaybe. I dunno, I don’t think I’ll give up black pants (because buy one pair, wear them with every costume. But I do like playing with color and design for the top for men.

Definitely not a return to these days:

9 hours ago, Harriet said:

I'm pretty sure we all do this regularly in some form. 

That's all that matters! Carry on!

Yep! We’ve all got our bad moments. Just gotta bounce back from them!

7 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oh interesting! That's quite cool. 

For sure! It’s something I’m excited to try in some capacity! Hopefully without having it highlight height difference awkwardness- but trusting my choreographer on that one.

This is what I figured, but was curious if there existed a loop hole. 

I think the original version had a loophole - and then someone probably exploited it! Lol. Buuut, same sex oriented comps often have an Open division that allows any gender pairing, in addition to collegiate. So there are places for lady-guy opposite role partnerships to compete!

So when will we see video of you and your mystery partner???

>.> sometime. Probably next year when we get our real competitive choreo.

5 hours ago, Gemma said:

I dunno about all that, I thought Kevin Spacey was pretty darn awesome in American Beauty ... 

Haven’t seen it, but you’re probably not wrong. NPH is pretty great, though, any way you spin it.

5 hours ago, Gemma said:

Love the rumba video - also on the list of those looking forward to seeing something more recent with your new partner!!! 

Duly noted!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, MikeW said:

Maaaaybe. I dunno, I don’t think I’ll give up black pants (because buy one pair, wear them with every costume. But I do like playing with color and design for the top for men.

Definitely not a return to these days:

There's always this ...

strictly_ballroom_022.jpg?w=398&h=224

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, raptron said:

But.... it's... so.... shiny....

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Gemma said:

There's always this ...

strictly_ballroom_022.jpg?w=398&h=224

Y'all, nobody needs to see me (or anyone) in that much neon. It's at least tolerable on women since their WHOLE body isn't covered in the same color fabric. But just no.

...unless I'm ordered to by a coach, then I'll just suck it up and deal...

Week 1, Day 4:

Yesterday was...solid? Got a big ask done at work, though of course walked away with a ton of follow-ups still. And still left with enough time to make it to teach dance, which was the usual tomfoolery with my munchkins. Got home, kinda just vegged for an hour, then mustered up the energy to do a rings workout in the apartment gym (yay, motivation!). There was poor food management on my end - had a paid team lunch, but didn't bring snacks to work so I was FAMISHED when I got home from dance and had a buncha christmas cookies. Got past the point of enjoying the food or feeling good after, which was not a win (I was aware I was making a suboptimal choice while it was happening, but couldn't pull myself out of the bad habit nosedive - I'll have to think about what to do to avoid a similar nosedive in the future). I've forgiven myself for the slip up, but definitely don't want to repeat it in the future and will be smarter about always having some emergency snacks on hand and hydrating better in the future (I was totally dehydrated - cookies aren't hydrating, but my hunger and thirst signals seem a little borked). Had a relaxing evening of self massage after the workout, by candlelight (along with a quiche for dinner) and all was lovely. Still a great day all around.

- New home for the phone: 10/11

- Prayer: 9.5/11

- Stretches: 10/11

- Food: 9/11

• Like 6

21 hours ago, MikeW said:

Y'all, nobody needs to see me (or anyone) in that much neon. It's at least tolerable on women since their WHOLE body isn't covered in the same color fabric. But just no.

Of course you should wear what feels comfortable and appropriate and right to you. I am just highly committed to posting something from Strictly Ballroom into your challenge thread any time I see even the tiniest of possible openings. I amuse myself ...

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

to let this one go or to not let this one go...

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

to let this one go or to not let this one go...

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Gemma said:

Of course you should wear what feels comfortable and appropriate and right to you. I am just highly committed to posting something from Strictly Ballroom into your challenge thread any time I see even the tiniest of possible openings. I amuse myself ...

It amuses me, so keep it up!!! And someday, I will finally watch this movie. Maybe tonight...

1 hour ago, Gemma said:

giphy.gif

Hahahaha. I'm all about setting fires!

Week 1, Day 5: Pretty hectic work day, walked into a "fire drill" which is always fun. At this point, I'm very detached from work outcomes - so I didn't panic at all with the fire drill and got results in less than 90 minutes that would've taken any other analyst in the org several hours (as evidenced by the analyst from another team who took over 5 hours to check my work). Got home for a pre-dance dinner, had a solid (if tired) two-hour dance practice with my partner, and moseyed on home for a quick dessert of greek yogurt and some chocolate minty goodness. Then got to bed at a reasonable hour so that I could be well rested for an interview today!

- New home for the phone: 11/12

- Prayer: 10.5/12

- Stretches: 11/12

- Food: 10/12

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

There's no way he'd have gotten away with that in a Rangers thread.

Good thing it slipped by you and @Raxie - plus any stealth rangers lurking in the thread.

Week 1, Day 6: Vacation day which was used for final round interviews with my leading choice. Interviews themselves were good - felt less like they were evaluating me and more like they were trying to make sure that I had a sense of where I wanted to be in the company. This is making me cautiously optimistic that an offer is coming, and that I will soon be free of the office environment where I now know I'm objectively underpaid (found out this week that I make less than a guy with 4 years less experience who's at the same job level I'm at and regularly hits me up for help and advice - and some people from his analyst class make even more because they walked in with a master's degree). After the interviews wrapped up, ran some errands (including picking up / ordering some gifts for my parents), did my laundry for the week, and generally relaxed a bit. I didn't plan food intake out well yesterday, and ended up going HAM on some sweet treats I brought home when what I really probably needed was a nourishing, legitimate meal. Will need to adjust and be better about that in the future. Also stayed up way too late watching netflix after getting home from dinner with friends, to the point where I was too tired to stretch or pray. Definitely not an ideal way to handle a day off, but at least I learned what problems I've encountered and have a tentative plan in my head for how to address similar situations in the future.

- New home for the phone: 12/13

- Prayer: 10.5/13

- Stretches: 11/13

- Food: 10/13

• Like 3

Awesome about the interview. It sounds promising. 

What is HAM?  Handstands atop motorbikes? Hairy, animalistic meteorites? Hounds abound, marauding? 

Great idea to have a plan for the next day off. If only we all learned from things that didn't go well and had plans in place for the next time. We'd all be so prepared and in charge.

• Haha 6

39 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Legit don't know what ham means, suggestions were not serious tho.

HAM= Hard as a Motherfucker

IN @MikeW's case, it was more akin to devouring an entire box of Peppermint Joe Joes from Trader Joes in one sitting.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Grumble said:

HAM= Hard as a Motherfucker

IN @MikeW's case, it was more akin to devouring an entire box of Peppermint Joe Joes from Trader Joes in one sitting.

omg i didn't know ham was an acronym in the "going ham" use. i knew what it meant... i usually use it to describe devouring delicious foods as well.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

omg i didn't know ham was an acronym in the "going ham" use. i knew what it meant... i usually use it to describe devouring delicious foods as well.

Themoreyouknow Star GIF - Themoreyouknow Star Rainbowstreak GIFs

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 3:08 PM, Harriet said:

Awesome about the interview. It sounds promising. 

Thanks! I fell in love with their workplace culture while interviewing, so really hoping that the positive vibes I'm picking up are really mutual - fingers crossed!

What is HAM?  Handstands atop motorbikes? Hairy, animalistic meteorites? Hounds abound, marauding? 

These are amazing options. Now I'm kind of sad to report that @Grumble nailed it for how I'm using it.

Great idea to have a plan for the next day off. If only we all learned from things that didn't go well and had plans in place for the next time. We'd all be so prepared and in charge.

If only indeed - but at least I'm learning these lessons, slowly but surely! Currently have a WFH day where I'm trying to implement similarly disciplined eating as I would have for a day at the office, and so far it's going well.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:18 AM, raptron said:

Yay about the interview! Fingers crossed a good offer is coming your way.

Fingers crossed indeed! I've got high hopes, but now we're in the awkward waiting game time and it's kinda the worst. I just wanna leave for promising new opportunities already!

21 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Yup - that's probably 99% of my time using it. The other 1% - going bonkers with some dance topics for my kiddos (there are some days where my energy level legitimately scares them, and I embrace that wholeheartedly with crazy raccoon eyes).

Week 1, Day 7 - Week 2, Day 2: Not a whole ton of good stuff to report. Saturday and Sunday were very mundane and low key, dance practice, meal prep, cleaning, and watching trash TV ("Agents of Shield", it's a bonkers Marvel show and I'm still ok with it, especially since it features ADORABLE British science nerds as two of the characters). Was supposed to have a date on Saturday that got postponed and then canceled - it's happened a couple times now with the same guy, so now I've come to the painful but necessary conclusion that I need to cut whatever nascent relationship was there off since I don't feel valued (whether or not it's fair, I'd expect that even working a traveling job 5 days a week, someone could manage to schedule and hold to a date night plan at some point, and that's just not been happening a couple weeks in a row). I was definitely bummed, there was at least one day of eating my feelings and some mildly depressed falling asleep on the couch bingeing TV, but I think I'm out on the other side now. This is a bit of a pattern in dating, where I overly identify my self-worth with whether or not a particular relationship is working out for me. I think a break from dating anyone is in order, and in the new year I'll need to think about what the right way to approach / evaluate dating is for me - it has to be something other than "are things working out with person X?" where an answer of no is a negative reflection on my self-worth, and instead something where I attach to showing up as the full version of myself, being genuinely curious about the other person, and healthily expressing what I'm interested in from a relationship. I still need to put some more thoughts on paper (good thing I'm bringing a journal home for the holidays with me!) but I'm excited to start a new chapter there, similar to (hopefully) a new chapter in my career.

Unfortunately, food, prayer, and stretching all got lost for about 2 days in there, so my habits success isn't looking so hot if the goal was circa 98% success - but I'll still call it a win if I can finish the next few weeks strong (especially with Christmas coming up!).

- New home for the phone: 15/16

- Prayer: 12.5/16

- Stretches: 13/16

- Food: 13/16

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, MikeW said:

These are amazing options. Now I'm kind of sad to report that @Grumble nailed it for how I'm using it.

Considering the season and your penchant for Trader Joes, I really wasn't stretching my imagination much.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MikeW said:

it has to be something other than "are things working out with person X?" where an answer of no is a negative reflection on my self-worth, and instead something where I attach to showing up as the full version of myself, being genuinely curious about the other person, and healthily expressing what I'm interested in from a relationship.

you give yourself the best advice <3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MikeW said:

Week 1, Day 7 - Week 2, Day 2: Not a whole ton of good stuff to report. Saturday and Sunday were very mundane and low key, dance practice, meal prep, cleaning, and watching trash TV ("Agents of Shield", it's a bonkers Marvel show and I'm still ok with it, especially since it features ADORABLE British science nerds as two of the characters). Was supposed to have a date on Saturday that got postponed and then canceled - it's happened a couple times now with the same guy, so now I've come to the painful but necessary conclusion that I need to cut whatever nascent relationship was there off since I don't feel valued (whether or not it's fair, I'd expect that even working a traveling job 5 days a week, someone could manage to schedule and hold to a date night plan at some point, and that's just not been happening a couple weeks in a row). I was definitely bummed, there was at least one day of eating my feelings and some mildly depressed falling asleep on the couch bingeing TV, but I think I'm out on the other side now. This is a bit of a pattern in dating, where I overly identify my self-worth with whether or not a particular relationship is working out for me. I think a break from dating anyone is in order, and in the new year I'll need to think about what the right way to approach / evaluate dating is for me - it has to be something other than "are things working out with person X?" where an answer of no is a negative reflection on my self-worth, and instead something where I attach to showing up as the full version of myself, being genuinely curious about the other person, and healthily expressing what I'm interested in from a relationship. I still need to put some more thoughts on paper (good thing I'm bringing a journal home for the holidays with me!) but I'm excited to start a new chapter there, similar to (hopefully) a new chapter in my career.

Unfortunately, food, prayer, and stretching all got lost for about 2 days in there, so my habits success isn't looking so hot if the goal was circa 98% success - but I'll still call it a win if I can finish the next few weeks strong (especially with Christmas coming up!).

I enjoyed agents of shield, too. There are several seasons, so it's perfect if you have some knitting to do.

Dating is hard. Sorry to hear about the repeat-canceller and attendant sadness. Showing up as your full self with curiosity is an excellent idea, and I wish you all possible courage for this endeavour. 

More acronyms! Before googling WFH I'm going to speculate on possible meanings. It's definitely either "whoosh fizzle hiyahh", "whippet-fur helmet", or "who's for hula-hooping?" Hmmm... google says it's world federation for haemophilia. Or working from home. That seems more likely :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Harriet said:

More acronyms! Before googling WFH I'm going to speculate on possible meanings. It's definitely either "whoosh fizzle hiyahh", "whippet-fur helmet", or "who's for hula-hooping?" Hmmm... google says it's world federation for haemophilia. Or working from home. That seems more likely :D

You're officially the ambassador of acronyms.

Just now, Grumble said:

You're officially the ambassador of acronyms.

Just call me AOA. But keep in mind I might forget what it stands for and get confused. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Considering the season and your penchant for Trader Joes, I really wasn't stretching my imagination much.

You are decidedly not wrong. And I'm a little annoyed by that :P but yes, it's a dangerous season to be eating my feelings with all the delicious, buttery sweets flying around.

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

you give yourself the best advice <3

<3 - it's mostly credit to the folks who put up with me live messaging them all of my relationship concerns who listen empathetically and help me see trends. Introspection is a team sport.

33 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I enjoyed agents of shield, too. There are several seasons, so it's perfect if you have some knitting to do.

Indeed! I don't know what my equivalent to knitting is - or maybe I don't really have one? Hmmmmmm

Dating is hard. Sorry to hear about the repeat-canceller and attendant sadness. Showing up as your full self with curiosity is an excellent idea, and I wish you all possible courage for this endeavour. 

Thanks friend - I will bounce back. With a firm belief in what is and is not ok for me to accept from a new relationship.

Thankfully not what google said first! That'd be an odd one day stint.

25 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Just call me AOA. But keep in mind I might forget what it stands for and get confused. 

Art of Abandonment! Aurora of Awesomeness! Artichoke or Apple?

• Like 1