• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GodzillaKong

GK navigates the Danger Zone

It's that time of year again. Christmas is almost upon us which means various Christmas parties, mince pies everywhere you turn (and i flippin love mince pies) and German themed Christmas markets with their 2 Pint steins of beer, warmed wines and currywurst. The body demands warming soups and hearty stews and cakes. Welcome to...

THE DANGER ZONE.

3v0B.gif

The last 2 weeks have been tricky for the old weight loss. Diet hasn't been on point and i missed a couple of gym sessions. It's been a timely reminder of the

Ep9EEoy.gif

that lies ahead of me. 

The goal is a simple one for this time of year: stay at or under 115kg of bodyweight. If I can continue to lose weight, great, but it's a bonus at this time of year.

Bonus Goal. 

Watch Muppet Christmas Carol (the greatest film of all time and i will fight you if you disagree) at least 5 times in December. Because it's good to have an easy win.

73Y0tLC.jpg

Super Bonus Goal:

So as many of you know I like to gently mock @Grumble for his running habits. Because it's unnatural. And I hate running. Like, really really hate running. But the thing is, i feel a little bit bad about this because, as much as i hate running (soooooo much) , i like Grumble and respect the hell out of him. And he's always helpful and supportive to everyone, even me, and generally just a great guy. And i hope he realises its all done in jest but I'm also aware that sometimes i go too far. 

So, in the spirit of Christmas, to show that i do respect him, I'm going to, at least once, run. For at least 5 minutes. Non stop. On a treadmill. 

tumblr_me49v0aa8j1qb05aco7_r2_250.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GodzillaKong said:

So, in the spirit of Christmas, to show that i do respect him, I'm going to, at least once, run. For at least 5 minutes. Non stop. On a treadmill. 

tumblr_me49v0aa8j1qb05aco7_r2_250.gif

Valiant, yet achievable. And no threat of repeats. I like it. 

Overall goal progress: weighed in at 115.6kg this morning. Added about 0.8kg in the last 2weeks. Disappointing but not exactly a surprise. Got work to do. 

Bonus bonus goal progress: finished off my session with a run today. Yes! An actual run! For 60 whole seconds i maintained a 6mph run. So, maybe more like a leisurely jog. This may be the least impressive thing I've ever been proud of doing (and I'm sure theres plenty of competition). The road to a 5 minute run has to start somewhere and here is as good a place as any. 

• Like 2

On 11/21/2018 at 2:39 PM, GodzillaKong said:

So as many of you know I like to gently mock @Grumble for his running habits. Because it's unnatural. And I hate running. Like, really really hate running. But the thing is, i feel a little bit bad about this because, as much as i hate running (soooooo much) , i like Grumble and respect the hell out of him. And he's always helpful and supportive to everyone, even me, and generally just a great guy. And i hope he realises its all done in jest but I'm also aware that sometimes i go too far. 

Stephen Colbert Happy GIF - StephenColbert Happy Cry GIFs

On 11/21/2018 at 2:39 PM, GodzillaKong said:

I know you can do it.
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 1:25 PM, GodzillaKong said:

Overall goal progress: weighed in at 115.6kg this morning. Added about 0.8kg in the last 2weeks. Disappointing but not exactly a surprise. Got work to do. 

Bonus bonus goal progress: finished off my session with a run today. Yes! An actual run! For 60 whole seconds i maintained a 6mph run. So, maybe more like a leisurely jog. This may be the least impressive thing I've ever been proud of doing (and I'm sure theres plenty of competition). The road to a 5 minute run has to start somewhere and here is as good a place as any. 

That's still 30 seconds more running than I'm willing to do. Good work.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:39 PM, GodzillaKong said:

Bonus Goal. 

Watch Muppet Christmas Carol (the greatest film of all time and i will fight you if you disagree) at least 5 times in December. Because it's good to have an easy win.

Welp, this is officially my favorite goal ever.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Welp, this is officially my favorite goal ever.

giphy.gif

I highly recommend the new Kurt Russell Santa Claus movie. It's fantastic(ly cheesey).

Just now, JustCallMeAmber said:

Haven't seen it yet, but I would expect nothing less

giphy.gif

Did I mention he plays a sexy santa and breaks into song at one point?

4 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

I ran for 2 whole minutes today. And for almost a minute a half of that i didn't feel like i was dying. This is progress. 

giphy.gif

That's Wonderful - The Princess Bride GIF - Wonderful PrincessBride Fezzik GIFs

In non-running things, this time of year really is a pain to get through. Not just the abundance lf food and alcohol and things to do (this friday is my work Christmas party, next weekend it's an early Christmas for family i won't see over actual Christmas and the weekend after that its pretty much actual Christmas). No, its also that it's dark when i leave the house in the morning and dark again before i finish work. And I'm pretty sure I've come down with something. Nothing serious, but enough to make going to the gym a bit of a chore. 

Surprisingly enough, not watched MCC yet. Still plenty of time. Have the house to myself this weekend, so I'll have a couple of views then I'm sure. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

And I'm pretty sure I've come down with something. Nothing serious, but enough to make going to the gym a bit of a chore. 

Change your workout up. I don't do heavy lifting when I feel off, same for cardio. Do enough to sweat and keep everything moving, but don't worry about anything else.

9 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

In non-running things, this time of year really is a pain to get through. Not just the abundance lf food and alcohol and things to do (this friday is my work Christmas party, next weekend it's an early Christmas for family i won't see over actual Christmas and the weekend after that its pretty much actual Christmas). No, its also that it's dark when i leave the house in the morning and dark again before i finish work. And I'm pretty sure I've come down with something. Nothing serious, but enough to make going to the gym a bit of a chore. 

Surprisingly enough, not watched MCC yet. Still plenty of time. Have the house to myself this weekend, so I'll have a couple of views then I'm sure. 

The darkness is the thing I hate the most. It's so demotivating. And disorienting. I come from a city where it's light during the day and dark at night. Always. Sunset varies from maybe 7pm in the Winter to 8pm in the Summer. So the dark tricks me into thinking it's time to wind down/stay in/go to sleep.

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Change your workout up. I don't do heavy lifting when I feel off, same for cardio. Do enough to sweat and keep everything moving, but don't worry about anything else.

Yeah, toned it down this week - goodbye farmers walks - but mostly its just affecting my desire to go to the gym and do stuff rather than the actual doing of stuff (although my bench did suffer a little last week). I'm looking after myself (for once) and wrapping up warm so hopefully it won't develop into anything more inconvenient. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Harriet said:

The darkness is the thing I hate the most. It's so demotivating. And disorienting. I come from a city where it's light during the day and dark at night. Always. Sunset varies from maybe 7pm in the Winter to 8pm in the Summer. So the dark tricks me into thinking it's time to wind down/stay in/go to sleep.

I wouldn't even mind if it snowed - I'm just a big kid and i can't help but be happy when it snows. But no, this is England. Its just rain and wind and windy rain. It's all just so depressing. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

So, the toning it down didn't quite work - 3 minutes straight running. But other than that, i took it quite easy. 

3 MINUTES.

You monster.

(But seriously, good job)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grumble said:

3 MINUTES.

You monster.

(But seriously, good job)

I know! 

xnwjlJ.gif

But yes, i know how awful i am at running. Laughably so. But one of these days...

5 whole minutes!! 

boltlol2.gif

• Like 1

Do you just run around your neighbourhood? Did you buy special running shoes? I'm not curious about running for myself, asking for a friend.