• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GodzillaKong

GK navigates the Danger Zone

6 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Do you just run around your neighbourhood? Did you buy special running shoes? I'm not curious about running for myself, asking for a friend. 

Me? Just on the treadmill at the gym, in ny regular trainers. Grumble? Every bloody where, probably barefoot, magnificent beast that he is. 

1 hour ago, GodzillaKong said:

Me? Just on the treadmill at the gym, in ny regular trainers. Grumble? Every bloody where, probably barefoot, magnificent beast that he is. 

That's not too scary. One could even try it surreptitiously after a proper workout.

Btw, this is a bit random but you mentioned magnificent beasts. I saw an interesting beast running the other day. He was the size and shape of a small bear (powerlifter???), but had a head full of curls--a huge mass of long, spiralling, golden tubes all fighting for space. And he was running and the tubes were bouncing everywhere. It was mesmerising. I tell you, if I had curly hair, I would run everywhere for the glorious hair drama. 

7 hours ago, Harriet said:

That's not too scary. One could even try it surreptitiously after a proper workout.

Thats how I'm doing it at the moment, just taking it onto the end of whatever I'm doing. 

7 hours ago, Harriet said:

Btw, this is a bit random but you mentioned magnificent beasts. I saw an interesting beast running the other day. He was the size and shape of a small bear (powerlifter???), but had a head full of curls--a huge mass of long, spiralling, golden tubes all fighting for space. And he was running and the tubes were bouncing everywhere. It was mesmerising. I tell you, if I had curly hair, I would run everywhere for the glorious hair drama. 

Damn that sounds good. I'm picturing a suler permed Mr Perfect. Yes, if i had hair like thay i would run all the time. In slow motion. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Harriet said:

Do you just run around your neighbourhood? Did you buy special running shoes? I'm not curious about running for myself, asking for a friend. 

Lies are not a good look on you.

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Lies are not a good look on you.

Ow. I am not lying. I am just.... probing the dangerous topic of running from the safety of... creative narrative embellishments. In order to not raise any expectations. 

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2018 at 3:39 PM, GodzillaKong said:

Welcome to...

THE DANGER ZONE.

This is so overdue I am actually a little disappointed in my fellow warriors. Really, I leave for a couple of weeks and everyone just drops the ball on the cheesy 80's stuff? (Though I am not even close to caught up on everyone's challenges yet, so I may be speaking too soon... )

Hi everyone! :surprise:

• Like 2

On 12/13/2018 at 6:32 PM, scalyfreak said:

This is so overdue I am actually a little disappointed in my fellow warriors. Really, I leave for a couple of weeks and everyone just drops the ball on the cheesy 80's stuff? (Though I am not even close to caught up on everyone's challenges yet, so I may be speaking too soon... )

I wasn't paying attention during the 80s, sorry. I'm afraid I don't even know what the danger zone is. 

53 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I wasn't paying attention during the 80s, sorry. I'm afraid I don't even know what the danger zone is. 

Next you'll tell me you don't know the movie Top Gun either... kids these days!

35 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Well, it came out slightly before I did. 

On 12/15/2018 at 12:23 PM, Harriet said:

I'm sad.

On 12/15/2018 at 1:17 PM, scalyfreak said:

On 12/15/2018 at 1:55 PM, Harriet said:

I. Damn. I used a quote from this movie to open conversation with my wife before we started dating. Now I really feel old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Friends, Warriors, Nerds, lend me your ears...

The dangerzone is well named. And it has beaten me. A tweaked calf and an illness which leaves me absolutely shattered at the end of each day. Genuinely gutted but the sensible thing to do right now is rest. 

I'll come back, stronger and more determined. And i will run! Regularly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

Friends, Warriors, Nerds, lend me your ears...

The dangerzone is well named. And it has beaten me. A tweaked calf and an illness which leaves me absolutely shattered at the end of each day. Genuinely gutted but the sensible thing to do right now is rest. 

Topgun Tom Cruise GIF - Topgun TomCruise AviatorShades GIFs
Viper Top GIF - Viper Top Gun GIFs
5 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

I will hold you to this.

32 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

Very sorry about the illness. I know how frustrating it is to have grand and excellent plans ruined by irresistible fatigue. Hopefully in your case it's temporary and will soon be gone and forgotten. In the meantime, be kind to yourself (I don't really have the authority to say this to anyone, but just because I am bad at it doesn't mean it's not right).

On 12/15/2018 at 4:17 PM, scalyfreak said:

On 12/15/2018 at 4:55 PM, Harriet said:

45 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I'm sad.

I. Damn. I used a quote from this movie to open conversation with my wife before we started dating. Now I really feel old.

Uh, is it bad that I found a copy of this film in my garage..on VHS?

giphy.gif

50 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Damn. I used a quote from this movie to open conversation with my wife before we started dating. Now I really feel old.

Wait, you used a line from a movie to pick up a girl, and it actually worked? Smooth! 

3 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Very sorry about the illness. I know how frustrating it is to have grand and excellent plans ruined by irresistible fatigue. Hopefully in your case it's temporary and will soon be gone and forgotten. In the meantime, be kind to yourself (I don't really have the authority to say this to anyone, but just because I am bad at it doesn't mean it's not right).

Thanks. Its really weird, because usually I'd have a cold or a headache or something. But nothing. Instead it just feels as if my body is constantly fighting something off and the effort of that is whats tiring me out.  It honestly feels like a week or so of rest should have me back at somewhere near my best. 

4 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

Btw, this is how I'm going to picture you in my head from hereon. Not through any choice, thats just how these things work. 

Now I need to cosplay as an old asian man. Damnit.

8 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Wait, you used a line from a movie to pick up a girl, and it actually worked? Smooth! 

You could say I had an opportunity... and I took it.